• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKYARD

For the uber lazy:
[pics of modded map]
Download here.
Careful. You are asking players to download modded content to their file share which is against XBL ToS.
I'm not making a statement on whether this is right or wrong, just that it is against the ToS of many forums, and could result in a forum ban at many sites, including b.net.

I thought we were tight.
I saw you posting and assumed you were on. That's why i called for the test. Sorry you missed the debut. It got off to a rocky start when we discovered you couldn't replicate Halo CE's invincible vehicles because the driver was also rendered invincible.

Anyway, pics of Sidewinder.

i9jqV5yqrjnqV.png

i69TgApYWavf5.png

i5aDHX13Msm6.png

ioiEqIZWeTdqn.png

ibzlP8YVW2vYxe.png

i5cYGOOpqS9n0.png

ibhvU5uimYSCDB.png

iWwqCWWEKvahL.png

ib1TfXJFd5vhEZ.png

More pics here.

To incerase playable space the bases and side bases are forged off the sides of the island.

There are not enough natural pieces to make an exact replica so i had to make some decisions on where to draw the line between making it look like Sidewinder, and making it play like Sidewinder. The side bases in particular had to be completely re-envisioned and are now mostly made of structural pieces. I decided that making pale replicas of the original side bases would not do the map justice so i built new bases of original design. The bright sun of the area allowed for Crete like structures with striking white walls and curvy flowing design.

The Halo 4 sandbox does not favour wide open spaces like Halo CE did so i moved the center side ramps further afield for players who are caught out in the open. There are no Plasma Pistols on the map and i advise that the map plays better when played with variants that do not allow them since you couldn't stun vehicles in Halo CE.

There was not enough budget (the map is just under $9000) to make dual ladders so i had to settle for one in each base. The lifts have a Sidewinder feel and do not use grav lifts or mancanons so you can also drop down them as you could in the original.

Download here.

Nowise10

Bioshocks Boss Battles are extremely bad though. They are repetitive and not fun to fight at all. I'd rather have a QTE with the Handymen or ghost instead of fighting them 10 times and getting frusturated.

CyReN

Bioshocks Boss Battles are extremely bad though. They are repetitive and not fun to fight at all. I'd rather have a QTE with the Handymen or ghost instead of fighting them 10 times and getting frusturated.

I rather be pissed and feel somewhat rewarded than say "wait that's it?".

Nowise10

I rather be pissed and feel somewhat rewarded than say "wait that's it?".

All matter of views. Both aren't good.

Which brings me to the next point, can he not have any critics when playing a game anymore? I highly doubt he believes the game he worked on is amazingly perfect and every game should follow it. But to say "Get shit on Josh" as if he cant critic a game when it has a problem is just outright stupid.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Which brings me to the next point, can he not have any critics when playing a game anymore? I highly doubt he believes the game he worked on is amazingly perfect and every game should follow it. But to say "Get shit on Josh" as if he cant critic a game when it has a problem is just outright stupid.

Uh if he can post a pic of a crying baby, then Over can make a joke.

IHaveIce

Banned
Lol perfect!
No, this is one of the rare times an opinion is wrong
I've tried like 6 different playlists today and they all suck. Christ.

Yep same for me, Forge FFA is ok, throwdown is also ok with a team, but not one is perfect.

He can critique a boss battle. However Overdoziz can respond making fun of the boss battle in the game he last worked on, making his point look dumb as fuck.

Its actually what just happened!

Redford

aka Cabbie

Yeah, agreed. People are too eager.

Homeboyd

I saw you posting and assumed you were on. That's why i called for the test. Sorry you missed the debut. It got off to a rocky start when we discovered you couldn't replicate Halo CE's invincible vehicles because the driver was also rendered invincible.

Anyway, pics of Sidewinder.
S'all good my man. Just fuckin around. Looks awesome.

I don't understand the Handyman complaints, keep moving, use the rails. Intense, fast paced fights.

I died like five times playing through Infinite on Hard, and a few dont even count cause they were just me checking if I could jump somewhere and then falling off map. How people get stuck and have a hard time is beyond me...

Remember to use your vigors!

Cow

i've never put someone on ignore faster in my life
I've seen muse 4 times. Twice on the black holes tour and twice on the resistance. They were amazing live... Origin of symmetry is my favourite album, ever. The last two albums they have really dropped the ball, the resistance isn't the worst it's just overflowing with cheese, the 2nd law is the biggest joke of an album I have ever heard. It's sad seeing my once favourite band go to shit. I don't understand how people could possibly like their newest album lol someone explain why/how they enjoy it

I've seen muse 4 times. Twice on the black holes tour and twice on the resistance. They were amazing live... Origin of symmetry is my favourite album, ever. The last two albums they have really dropped the ball, the resistance isn't the worst it's just overflowing with cheese, the 2nd law is the biggest joke of an album I have ever heard. It's sad seeing my once favourite band go to shit. I don't understand how people could possibly like their newest album lol someone explain why/how they enjoy it

Don't have a cow, dude.

heckfu

Banned

Well, against my best judgment I'll go down this rabbit hole. And not to have a pissing contest, I just saw them for my fifth time in February and was just captivated every time. As far as favorite albums go, it's interesting to note that Absolution is on the top of my favorite albums list but Origins is where my tattoo is coming from.

Resistance was a really poor effort in my opinion and I like The 2nd Law when I heard it but only after seeing it live did it really click with me. Since then I listen to it at least once or twice a week just because it's beginning to resonate with me.

Regarding your avatar, Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album and then when Amnesiac came along Radiohead fell way out of favor with me. It wasn't until after Hail to the Thief came along and I saw songs from Amnesiac in concert did Amnesiac start making sense to me, not unlike The 2nd Law. I hope it finds its way to you, though, it's really very good.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Dammit, I want to buy Microsoft points from Future Shop, since I want the BL2 level increase and Pearlescents, but I have to pay to ship it. Why can't they just send me the code? :/

Well, against my best judgment I'll go down this rabbit hole. And not to have a pissing contest, I just saw them for my fifth time in February and was just captivated every time. As far as favorite albums go, it's interesting to note that Absolution is on the top of my favorite albums list but Origins is where my tattoo is coming from.

Resistance was a really poor effort in my opinion and I like The 2nd Law when I heard it but only after seeing it live did it really click with me. Since then I listen to it at least once or twice a week just because it's beginning to resonate with me.

Regarding your avatar, Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album and then when Amnesiac came along Radiohead fell way out of favor with me. It wasn't until after Hail to the Thief came along and I saw songs from Amnesiac in concert did Amnesiac start making sense to me, not unlike The 2nd Law. I hope it finds its way to you, though, it's really very good.

I couldn't feel more opposite than that. The 2nd Law is a mess, album is all over the place.

I FAKED MY ORGASMS

Your hand must be feeling real bad right about now.

Don't really think Josh has any place to comment on poor boss battles and Over's comment is hilarious. As is the Gif response here.

These modded maps look fantastic. Make it so they don't have to break TOS and we can have them in MM with stable framerate and maybe forge will be worth a damn.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Your hand must be feeling real bad right about now.

Don't really think Josh has any place to comment on poor boss battles and Over's comment is hilarious. As is the Gif response here.

These modded maps look fantastic. Make it so they don't have to break TOS and we can have them in MM with stable framerate and maybe forge will be worth a damn.

Sadly, MS doesn't like people modding stuff on the Xbox. Unless we see Halo 4 on the PC eventually, it's not going to happen.

Cow

Nice, what tattoo did you get? I'm really not sure whether I should see them this tour, they don't come out to Australia until later this year... I haven't been let down by a live gig yet but I just don't think I want to in protest of their current direction and in fear it will taint my older experiences.

I only managed to see radiohead for the first time last year. One of the best gigs I've seen. Ive always enjoyed amnesiac, oddly enough I've always enjoyed radiohead albums shortly after release - the exception being the king of limbs (a few songs on it a least). Kid A is also my favourite radiohead album. When it comes to the 2nd law, I enjoy it musically however, it's the lyrics and vocal style that really let the album down for me.

Sadly, MS doesn't like people modding stuff on the Xbox. Unless we see Halo 4 on the PC eventually, it's not going to happen.

I'm not saying support modding. Just allow forgers to accomplish what modders clearly can without mods.

Have a "compatibility bar" anything over that bar and the map will be instantly disqualified from MM but still playable for custom games

I died like five times playing through Infinite on Hard, and a few dont even count cause they were just me checking if I could jump somewhere and then falling off map. How people get stuck and have a hard time is beyond me...

srsly. Handyman was it for me I think.

I died once on 1999 mode.

You gonna do another playthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom