• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Opinion on yoga pants

How big is the 343 GAME DEVELOPMENT team

why do people vote complex

Who would win at a Halo slayer match, Top 4 players from 343 or top 4 from bungle

Hire juices

why were options and gametypes cut. Consolidation or time constraints?

What's the coolest thing at the 343 office

^^^ I see what you did there shadders and you are not cleared for bugs.

Serious questions:

Why was Camo removed as a Powerup and why was Mk. V cut?

-EDIT-

lol You asked for serious as I was typing those. Meant to be man.. Don't let a fellow Mets fan down.

Guys, I'm serious
Fine, but I'm not going to ask about MP:
1) In your retrospectives, how do ye look back on the length of crunch for Halo 4?
2) Do you think a similar length crunch is likely for your next title?
3) If you could go back and ask for more time, shipping say 6 months or 12 months later, would you?

Ok real question - so far halo 4's post release support has been fantastic - with the dlc reaching max achievments allowed though will we see bigger bits of dlc like spartan ops or new maps going forward?

more srs question, ask if 343 would consider continuing the "Humpday challenge" from Bungie.

"Well, I'm glad you brought that up. Here at 343 we try as hard as possible to keep everyone happy - a fact that we've praised ourselves on many a time. The thing is, the concept of a 'Humpday' is lewd, almost juvenile. That's not the message we want to be sending - our M Rating indicates that we're mature, as you can see. Additionally, while we love ourselves a good uphill battle, competition can be tough. Challenging, quite honestly. And at the end of the day, all it really does is promote violence, cheating, stealing - all sorts of cardinal sins we really just don't want to found our motives on."

"...it just means a community playdate on Wednesday. You know that, right?"

"...oh."

-beat-

"...you gon' buy more doritos?"

Karl2177

Q3: Post-release, are people using weapons, tactical/support mods, or armor abilities in a way that surprised you(good or bad)?

Q4: Are there certain weights to weapons in random ordnance?

Q5: Can certain locations have a higher weight in random ordnance?

Q6: Did the idea and implementation of personal ordnance change throughout development?

Q14: How has the team taken some of the harsher feedback?

Q15: With the game shipped, how would you say the team has evolved?

Ask questions maybe Frank will answer on the fly
what kind of lessons were learned from Spartan Ops, and does 343 see a future in that type of regularly-released content?

If they had to go back and do things over, would 343 choose to release the episodes further apart from each other to gain back the content that was missing (scoring, skulls, customization), or was the engine too far along in development and was something that just couldn't be helped?

Will 343 be making an appearance at RTX this year? I would like to drink with Frankie and Jessica some more.

RIP Frankie
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Opinion on yoga pants

How big is the 343 GAME DEVELOPMENT team

why do people vote complex

Who would win at a Halo slayer match, Top 4 players from 343 or top 4 from bungle

Hire juices

why were options and gametypes cut. Consolidation or time constraints?

What's the coolest thing at the 343 office

^^^ I see what you did there shadders and you are not cleared for bugs.

This isn't comic con... but three of those were actually dealt with...

Shadders

I have a question!

The holo deck on the infinity is capable of recreating all the environments we can see in War Games. What I'd like to know is does it accurately recreate the smells of these places? And if so, could you tell us how that technology works?

Finally got some working internets. Let's give this a shot.

Once I could play last night I had fun lol

What ended up being the problem you were having?

Hit me up, it would be a nice change of pace to play with people that I internetknow.

We still haven't internetmet. This should change.

Hey you turds add me on XBL for some halo 4. I'm not an asshole like my Internet persona.

Bullshit.

Warher, Ex, you guys be on tomorrow night?

I'm down. Tomorrow's my RDO, so I'm clear all day.

Tashi said:
Ask questions maybe Frank will answer on the fly

yvXyB.gif

Practically anyone in ANY studio would always want another 6-12 months on a project.
Sure. Perhaps I should rephrase it then - was not taking another 6-12 months a mistake?

I mean the first response could be the 10+ (iirc) million copies sold, but I'm obviously more invested in my personal opinion of the quality of the title rather than the business reasons/successes.
Sorry meeting about thing that would have been an epic reveal.
But isn't any more?
Have fun.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Oculus Rift for Halo 5, right?

crazy buttocks on a train knows everything

We are NOT making anything for Oculus Rift, but I finally got to try it when someone brought it in and DAMN. What a crazy rush. No wonder people lose their minds talking about it. It's rad.

Pros:

• Comfortable, no adjustment or tweaking required - just put on head and it works (light too)
  • PERFECT AMAZING 3D - stereoscopic, ONLY time it has ever worked for me, ever.
  • Amazing spatial/head/neck tracking. NEVER got out of sync.

Cons:

• Resolution (this is only an issue on prototypes)
  • Space Sickness when someone not you grabs controller.

Q1 - how do members of the 343 development team react to getting killed by camo boltshot?

By adapting.

Q2 - Can future patches expand upon custom game settings?

Yes. If we ever did new patches it's possible.

IHaveIce

Banned
Q1 why "would have been an epic reveal" what happened. Ask this Franklin. He will go and ask Frankie

edit: Halo never on Oculus Rift confirmed. Kotaku go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom