• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doodled another Believe concept.

A2kQJ5K.png

SltyPoison is a member of the Clan of Vex and Vector.

In Believe, a "Stylus" is a fancy name for a modified sword/melee weapon. Specific ones are given the -style suffix. Poison's is a boardsword or "Broadstyle," while Wahrer Machine's hardlight stave is a "Hardstyle."

Clans are something like "elemental affiliations," some of which rule entire city-states. It's common to have Ambassadors - that is, people that have dominion in two clans. Examples:

Karl is an ambassador for the Clan of Forge and Freelance / Clan of Vex and Vector
Wahrer Machine is an ambassador for the Clan of Forge and Freelance / Clan of Cats and Pizza
Sai-kun is an ambassador for the Clan of Sound and Mind / Clan of Forge and Freelance

Communities are more traditional "clans." HaloGAF, PopGAF, etc etc.

On-topic: rev3rb why are you stealing my color scheme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny_Al_nluyc

So I made this little joke video to test my PC editing with my god awful GPU. I can't add Video Effects very well with my GPU, so I'll need to upgrade to a 670 or a 660ti. Joke video, but I wouldn't mind making a heavily edited Montage.

Also, if Forza is a launch title for the NextXbox, I'm instantly picking it up. How many of you guys are still staying with Microsoft for NextGen? If you aren't, let's say it doesn't block used games and it isn't always online, will you stick with Xbox?

I'll stick just for Forza because Forza is god tier.

Ghazi

So I made this little joke video to test my PC editing with my god awful GPU. I can't add Video Effects very well with my GPU, so I'll need to upgrade to a 670 or a 660ti. Joke video, but I wouldn't mind making a heavily edited Montage.

wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubOHMYGODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ugh. noob. didnt even do a yy double heely flippity floppity ladder stall wristcrusher.

babby.

lol

DeadNames

Banned

Also, if Forza is a launch title for the NextXbox, I'm instantly picking it up. How many of you guys are still staying with Microsoft for NextGen? If you aren't, let's say it doesn't block used games and it isn't always online, will you stick with Xbox?

ugh. noob. didnt even do a yy double heely flippity floppity ladder stall wristcrusher.

babby.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I am, but I'll get a PS4 too. Forza launch would be dope but I would love me some PGR

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yes. If we ever did new patches it's possible.

Thats one thing that bugs me about 343 and Bungie was the same. The secrecy. Why not say (without going into crazy details) if patches are coming or not? Like, is that it? No more Halo4 support already or do we get some more?

I honestly prefer when devs are more transparent. Its not as if your hiding crazy innovative features here. Its putting gametype options that used to be there in the game...

I dunno, maybe its me.

Ghazi

Thats one thing that bugs me about 343 and Bungie was the same. The secrecy. Why not say (without going into crazy details) if patches are coming or not? Like, is that it? No more Halo4 support already or do we get some more?

I honestly prefer when devs are more transparent. Its not as if your hiding crazy innovative features here. Its putting gametype options that used to be there back in the game...

I dunno, maybe its me.

Secrecy? They asked if it was possible to add more options in Custom Games via patches and that's exactly what Frankie told them. He said that if they did another patch they could, he wasn't dancing around with words with hints of a patch.

Btw your avy's looking a little rough there Ghazi.

Yeah, it was my attempt to make the background of it transparent again with the magic eraser since I didn't back up the one that someone else made for me and I forgot to save a copy of the transparent one when I made it say HGS.

Yes but if that "if" is real, then it means they haven't even started working on it yet, and that's IF they decided to do it. Its just seems like a lot of "hey just hold on to your game and well see" type of a thing. Some features already took too long to add, like the file share. I don't think its asking for too much to get some substantial info and to have it done a tad more quickly.
They never said they were doing it, he was just saying that it's possible for them to do it if another patch was ever released (keeping in mind that it's just hypothetical). Never did he say they are thinking about doing it. I don't know what was going on with the file share, but I'm happy we have it now.

Secrecy? They asked if it was possible to add more options in Custom Games via patches and that's exactly what Frankie told them. He said that if they did another patch they could, he wasn't dancing around with words.

Yes but if that "if" is real, then it means they haven't even started working on it yet, and that's IF they decided to do it. Its just seems like a lot of "hey just hold on to your game and well see" type of a thing. Some features already took too long to add, like the file share. I don't think its asking for too much to get some substantial info and to have it done a tad more quickly.

FyreWulff

I don't know, it's the easiest gametype to get up and running in Halo 4. You don't even have to place safe havens anymore, you just need respawn points.

I've been pushing hard for community map updates for flood. Never got so much as a response. I guess the claw is considered the sum total of their Flood efforts at this time. Frustrating considering how popular the mode is. Even after offering to do all the heavy lifting.

Fuchsdh

Maybe Frankie doesn't make us a promise, if he knows he can't keep it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I've played 2 games in Big Team and have almost passed my CSR for the DLC playlist that I've played like 25 matches in...

CSR still seems wonky too. I've gone positive in all 3 big team matches but i went up to CSR5 then down to 4...

DeadNames

Banned
Daybreak is actually a pretty solid map.

Also the Extermination medal is back! I had no idea it was in this game. I got one and I thought whoa.

Also make the DMR a pick up on SWAT or swap it with LR.

In Halo 5 there are numerous things that should be noted and improved upon, but I have something more subtle that can go a long way when it comes to SP. Please mix the audio so that the music can be heard in its glory, rather than being muffled in the background. Halo 4 really did not deliver with music during SP despite the OST being good. I never had this issue with past Halo titles.

All playlist CSR now working. Might change the design later, but this will work for now:

Quick CSR

Let me know what you think/any changes you think could make it better

As I said before, I'll most likely be keeping it CSR only to keep it as lightweight as possible

Cool, thanks! So bizarre we even need these to easily access ranks, but ah well.

Not sure if posted yet but for any Forgers out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA

No fucking way. Awesome! I wonder how the frame rate holds up down there.. I would love to see some maps utilize that environment.

Tawpgun

what the fuck

It ranks by individual performance. Other than maybe Rumble and Big Team its the easiest playlist to rank up in.

Don't have to worry about people bringing me down.

If thats in response to me caring about CSR, its just something to play for. I got no other new games I can play.

Korosenai

Went 4-1 (the game I lost I was second place, don't know if that factors into the rank or not) in Rumble Pit and i'm already a CSR 25. lol

Scrubs

SAZY9NK.png

DeadNames

Banned
The LR looks cool, but is functionally terrible to use.

It feels like you're shooting through quick sand. The projectiles should be faster, but even just making the sound effect sharper alone would improve this.

That's why I said that.

As it is, the DMR is too predominant on large maps. It's ridiculous aim assist and red reticule range (surprise surprise) destroys long range SWAT. With the LR, you still keep a long range weapon, but one that takes (somewhat) skill to use.

Mix

lol I miss this place. I haven't been keeping up and I still have not gotten a replacement H4 so I haven't gotten to fiddle with CSR or the new maps ho-hum

Havok

Daybreak CTF as red team is such horseshit.
I haven't checked, but if that mancannon is forgeable it needs to be removed ASAP. Then maybe they can add a ramp to center like blue has to make up for it, and maybe a grav lift from the first floor up to the roof so they have as much parity with blue as possible. Red is at such a disadvantage because of that stuff.

I haven't checked, but if that mancannon is forgeable it needs to be removed ASAP. Then maybe they can add a ramp like blue has to make up for it. Red is at such a disadvantage because of that.

I played a game where Blue team kept trying to get the flag out the bottom and couldn't. Then after 4 minutes they realized they could just use the mancannon to jet out of the base and it was game over.

Ghazi

you wish I was Zoojoo

I was told by the family member who's dog eat it that they would buy it... Still waiting...

Buy one used from GameStop and return it when they give you the new copy, maybe. I'd hope they'd have bought you a new copy before the return period is up.

Mix

I need one of you nerds to give me a game to play on my iPhone. I'm bored with what I have and need something new to play.
Who all is excited for Destiny? I want to talk about stuff with people...

EDIT: ^^^lol about as of topic as you can be in a Halo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom