• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle T

Ajemsuhgao said:
Would be amazing to have it set to not do damage, just to piss people off. :lol
10% melee damage
No weapons or grenades at start or on map

It would be like the recreation of "Slappers" from Goldeneye 64! :lol

Circle T said:
10% melee damage
No weapons or grenades at start or on map

It would be like the recreation of "Slappers" from Goldeneye 64! :lol

Pretty sure you can't have people spawn without a weapon. I wish you could, though. :lol

Hmm, now I'm curious if you can set weapon damage to 0...

feel

Schmitty said:
I've got everything but the Marathon one, which I don't really care about. Then there is the star one which they haven't made a use for yet.
Same, I'm only missing the Marathon one, but I don't plan on getting that (game seems very cool, but makes me sick in seconds) unless the Star turns out to be an ultimate super combine of every requirement.

Circle T

Ajemsuhgao said:
Pretty sure you can't have people spawn without a weapon. I wish you could, though. :lol

Hmm, now I'm curious if you can set weapon damage to 0...
Maybe set it so you can only be killed with a headshot, but only equip people with a Plasma Pistol? Would that work? I'm actually intrigued with this thought now.

I heard that the star emblem is for playing Reach online. For the SWAT thing, I think even in the Halo 3 version there is a damage resistance trait that is modified, so in Reach it is changed also.

Striker

Salami Inferno said:
Some of the elite AI looked terrible, specifically at close range. I hope that was on normal or easy.
From everything I've seen, Elite AI is incredible. I wouldn't worry.

Circle T said:
Maybe set it so you can only be killed with a headshot, but only equip people with a Plasma Pistol? Would that work? I'm actually intrigued with this thought now.

I hope this is possible. Maybe since there's fall damage, there's also player hitting player at really high speed damage. :lol

During the Custom Games explosion in the Halo 3 Public Beta, I made a gametype called "Bumper People".

Players started with Plasma Pistols, the player speed was increased to its maximum, and gravity was set a little lower than normal. We played on High Ground, and ran a "track" around the map. If the players ran into each other, one person would die. The only thing that kind of wrecked the gametype was the fact that you had to have instant-kill on. So if anyone SHOT with the plasma pistol, they'd kill the person they shot in one hit.

Salami Inferno

Neo Member
Striker said:
From everything I've seen, Elite AI is incredible. I wouldn't worry.

This is the first time I'd seen anything that looked anything less than exemplary. Just bringing up a minor potential concern with the close range ai.

Sean

Banned
Broman1978 said:

Here's the US marketplace link - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/f000001c-0000-4000-8000-00004d53085b?cid=SLink

Just watched it, it's seven minutes long gameplay video from campaign - first two mins are a cutscene, rest of the video is Marty and Jay playing co-op together, mostly driving around in a hog shooting stuff (they're not very good).

zethren

Banned
Salami Inferno said:
Some of the elite AI looked terrible, specifically at close range. I hope that was on normal or easy.

From the PAX footage, I'm sure it's on normal for demonstration purposes. But the Elite AI I've seen in most other gameplay videos looks really intense.

GhaleonEB

Salami Inferno said:
This is the first time I'd seen anything that looked anything less than exemplary. Just bringing up a minor potential concern with the close range ai.
Not sure what was up with the behavior in that video. Whenever an Elite got near me at PAX, death followed. It looks like they can go into berserk mode similar to Halo 1 when they've taken enough damage, which explains a few of the "standing there yelling" moments, but not all of them.

I put the link to the campaign preview in the news update list at the top of the OP, but I'll probably skip watching it. The only stuff I've seen from campaign are the E3 demo and the last two trailers (and batch of screens), which has been plenty. Should be a fun watch after I've played the mission though.
zethren said:
From the PAX footage, I'm sure it's on normal for demonstration purposes. But the Elite AI I've seen in most other gameplay videos looks really intense.
I've played Firefight on Heroic and Legendary, and yeah, they're brutal. Never ran into moments like in the video. We'll see soon enough.
Deputy Moonman said:
That was not a troll imo. It was true disappointment and angst culminating over a 9 year period. I give full pardon to anyone that is fed up with waiting for a true sequel to the first Halo. I know it's not gonna happen, but that doesn't lessen the anger any. Shit, just make one game like the first. How hard is that? Anyway, sorry for the post. But I 100% relate and empathize with all Halo:CE fans that quit after Halo2 was released. They got boned.
Must. Not. Tag. Quote.

PsychoRaven said:
Ah. didn't take trolls long to come in did it?
That was not a troll imo. It was true disappointment and angst culminating over a 9 year period. I give full pardon to anyone that is fed up with waiting for a true sequel to the first Halo. I know it's not gonna happen, but that doesn't lessen the anger any. Shit, just make one game like the first. How hard is that? Anyway, sorry for the post. But I 100% relate and empathize with all Halo:CE fans that quit after Halo2 was released. They got boned.

Deputy Moonman said:

Deputy Moonman
Moron = me.
Don't forget that.

(Today, 10:01 PM)
Reply | Quote

For Ghal
:lol

Deputy Moonman said:

Wat

ElRenoRaven

Deputy Moonman said:

ROFLMAO

I needed a laugh. Thanks for that.

Salami Inferno

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
Not sure what was up with the behavior in that video. Whenever an Elite got near me at PAX, death followed. It looks like they can go into berserk mode similar to Halo 1 when they've taken enough damage, which explains a few of the "standing there yelling" moments, but not all of them.

Excellent! I'll chalk it up to normal difficulty and continue anticipating launch.

big ander

lolwat Moonman?

I know it's been complained about, but did ANYONE test that Reach theme before they released it? The art is awesome, but the logo overlaps the GT and gamerscore and looks awful. How did that get past anyone?
The Six helmet looks sweet though. Hypertrooper, you're the best. :D

Monocle

I have to admit to very slight annoyance that I don't have access to the Halo CE and Spartan helmet nameplates. One would think that Bungie might have given the benefit of the doubt to players who can be confirmed to own Halo 2, 3, ODST, and (soon) Reach
toss in Halo Wars if you absolutely insist
by assuming they also own the console version of Halo CE.

I really hate to sound entitled, but is it terribly likely that there exists a sizable group of people who have played every single Halo game in the series save for the first and best one?

Kibbles

Deputy Moonman said:
Reach is probably most like Halo: CE than any of the other Halo's. Heathpacks, T&R like mission, more exploration, being on a different planet with a different atmosphere than Earth, covenant is meant to be scarier and less cartoony, etc. I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, a Halo: CE remake?

Deputy Moonman said:
LOL? *waitingforsaikun's oh gosh*

Btw. the new bungie.net site looks sexy :D

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Deputy Moonman said:

Your opinion, but the rest of the series is great. Reach will be even better. The games have had a misstep here or there, but overall remained good sequels.

If you would like to set yourself up for disappointment in your head and go into each on with the notion that it won't be as good, of course it will not match up.

GhaleonEB

Kibbles said:
Reach is probably most like Halo: CE than any of the other Halo's. Heathpacks, T&R like mission, more exploration, being on a different planet with a different atmosphere than Earth, covenant is meant to be scarier and less cartoony, etc. I'm not sure what you guys are looking for, a Halo: CE remake?
Let me add, Elites and "wort wort wort" to that list.
fernoca said:
Stop talking about the Noble Six helmet! :(
Would you like one?
Truelize said:
Love the "Ghaleon" branding at the end of the OT Modus.

Did everyone notice that little touch?
I've been trying to figure out how to work it into my avatar. :lol

Probably a stupid question, but is the Noble 6 helmet only available from the PAX event, or will there another way to get it down the road?

MattPeters said:
Probably a stupid question, but is the Noble 6 helmet only available from the PAX event, or will there another way to get it down the road?

Pretty sure it's been said that it will be on sale at some point.

Striker

DancingJesus said:
Are playlists going to be discussed prior to launch?

I'd like to see which maps are in each playlist.
Ninja 0n Fire had so many variants and map combinations in Halo 2. I hope he can iterate the same way in Halo Reach. There's so much potential.

Ajemsuhgao said:
Deputy Moonman
Moron = me.
Don't forget that.

(Today, 10:01 PM)
Reply | Quote

For Ghal
:lol
I know not everyone feels the same way, but if you can't at the very least understand why some people are still jaded about it up to this day, then you're a bigger moron than myself.

EDIT: Sorry guys. I think I have halo tourette syndrome. I'll stick to the thread topic.

Monocle

Kibbles said:
YES. Make it happen, 343/Bungles/Jebus.

enzo_gt said:
Lars kept saying Flak Cannon when referring to the Fuel Rod Gun in those FireFight videos. Very weird.
Bungie has internal names for lots of things (Orbital was Moonbase, IIRC. Valhalla was Curious Gorge—unless that was just a joke). Maybe that's why Lars didn't refer to the FRG by its official name.

big ander

The campaign preview is pretty cool. For some reason, it really clicked with me during that video how awesome custom spartans will look in campaign. The sound was great. Everything looks good enough for how massive it is. And the Revenant actually looks pretty beastly. In that video, it looked quick, strong, and hard to kill. I want to see how it splatters.

Cynar

MattPeters said:

It will be available on the marketplace soon.

darthbob

enzo_gt said:
Lars kept saying Flak Cannon when referring to the Fuel Rod Gun in those FireFight videos. Very weird.

The weapon is known internally as the 'Flak Cannon', just as the Spiker, the 'Spike Rifle'.

Same goes for why the map names would have 'off' names in code. Like in Halo 3's The Pit, being referred to as 'cyberdyne' in game code.

So, they keep those names, so that when a new name arises, they don't have to and find every instance of 'cyberdyne' just to replace it with 'the_pit'. Same goes for 'Flak Cannon', as they used Halo 3's engine to create Reach.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Anyone know if there will be any premium themes available for Reach?

Yeah, yeah, I'm part of the problem. I like the themes though. When I get into a game I like to get into a game. :D

Monocle

Truelize said:

Yeah, yeah, I'm part of the problem. I like the themes though. When I get into a game I like to get into a game. :D
One premium theme is already up on Marketplace, but people are saying the huge Reach logo mars it.

zethren

Banned
Truelize said:

There's a premium theme available for download on XBLM right now, but next week there will be a free premium theme in the style of "Invasion" for "Invasion week" (launch week).

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You can't upload things created offline to your fileshare? Is this to combat hacked screenshots and stuff?

DrBo42

Salami Inferno said:

If you watch the damage the Fuel Rod is doing to him in that fight with the Elite, it's definitely either Easy or Normal. He took about 5 direct/indirect shots and still had almost a quarter shield left. :lol

StUnNeR H2K

I know I've been AFK, but I've been somewhat 'dark' easymode. Having a kid will take a video game off your mind quickly... until you can start dressing them up in game stuff...

brooke_729_logo.JPG
brooke_729_name.JPG
brooke_729_profile.JPG
brooke_729_profile2.JPG

Looking forward to jumping in on the Halo Reach action with GAF when I'm not on baby duty.... :)

fernoca

:O!
Thanks!!
(Won't say who PM'd it. ;))

f4o0o7.png

Being in Puerto Rico, and currently unemployed makes it kinda difficult to go to the US for PAX; much less pay over $25 for one on eBay! :D

Thanks again.

Being hyping Reach through MSN (with a countdown 30 days ago) and on Facebook. (Hey, they spam Farmville, I spam Halo Reach)

StUnNeR H2K said:
Awww, he's adorable. I want one. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom