• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuroyume said:
I wasn't even aware you could hold down on the trigger with the needle rifle until late in the beta. I shot that thing like the DMR with manual shots for most of the time. :lol

Well at least now I know......

Trasher

Letters said:
:lol

Order the console now, then buy a copy at midnight release, then sell the sealed copy included with the console when it arrives, if you really don't want a second copy laying around.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. "Hi I'd like to return this game I preordered."

Kuroyume said:
I wasn't even aware you could hold down on the trigger with the needle rifle until late in the beta. I shot that thing like the DMR with manual shots for most of the time. :lol

I didn't even know you could do that...:lol

Blueblur1

Trasher said:
Yeah that's what I was thinking. "Hi I'd like to return this game I preordered."
Just do what I'm gonna do: Buy a copy at a midnight launch event, and re-sell it on Amazon for about $50 after the bundle arrives. It's relatively painless. I've sold a ton of stuff on Amazon myself.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I have a shit low paying job, so I work 2 jobs to compensate.

I USED to be a Graphic Designer.

But I posted earlier about how I pay for all this shit. I save a lot. Live at home while waiting for my house to finish being built. Don't drink, don't smoke etc. etc.
buy me a console you money spending bastard!

Trasher said:
The copy that comes with the console will have "not for resale" on the back where the UPC usually is. Sell it locally, or on Amazon like BlueBlur said.

Trasher

Blueblur1 said:
Just do what I'm gonna do: Buy a copy at a midnight launch event, and re-sell it on Amazon for about $50 after the bundle arrives. It's relatively painless. I've sold a ton of stuff on Amazon myself.
Hmmm, I'll probably end up doing this then. Have never done it before though.

I noticed when I looked up the Reach console on Amazon there was already a deal listed on its page for turning it in for $200 in Amazon credit. :lol

feel

sorry for the delay on the request omlet, I left my house for a few hours and I just got back to a power outage and a depleted laptop battery, I'm typing this from my cel. I'll do the gif once electricity returns.

Trasher said:
Bundled games have a NOT FOR RESALE warning on the back, so I think you'll need to sell it to someone.

Thermite

Lazslo said:
Since I play without rumble enabled- when I shoot the NR it just feels weak and ineffective. However, when I shoot the DMR it feels nice and powerful- but I think I'm just bias towards alien weapons :lol

I'm the same. I love the way the way anything Covenant related looks, but I'm UNSC at heart. :lol

Mark V

electricpirate said:
Dear Bungie and 343i dudes, can anyone tell me who's going to be at the Best Buy event in times square? I'm debating whether or not it's worth braving all that bullshit to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/majornelson/4968243405/sizes/l/in/photostream/

We're not quite ready to announce specifics just yet but if you're anywhere near New York, you WILL want to be at the Best Buy Theater for all the festivities.

Same for Seattle area folks and the EMP.

MrDaravon

Letters said:
Bundled games have a NOT FOR RESALE warning on the back, so I think you'll need to sell it to someone.

Usually but not always; in this case we'll have to see if they had the time or inclination to actually print copies with a different insert. Given the number of copies they had to press they may not have.

unomas

Banned
I played a ton of Halo 2 online and loved it, Halo 3 I was excited for but hated the online play, and Reach has me excited again, I'm hoping the online multiplayer is considerably different from 3 and much more like 2 with some twists. Looks like they're bringing back some Halo 2 maps which is awesome.

Blueblur1

Mark V said:
We're not quite ready to announce specifics just yet but if you're anywhere near New York, you WILL want to be at the Best Buy Theater for all the festivities.

In other words, you guys are still figuring things out. Logistics and such, I assume.

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Holy shit! Guys watch the first few seconds of this race video, every race game should start off like that!

Video

Prime example of why I am so damn excited to have Race back. The courses we'll see out of forgeworld are going to be simply awesome as hell.

jred2k

Damn I really want to get the console, but I'd also like to pick up the limited edition. I might have to gift the regular edition to someone come Christmas.

Mark V

Blueblur1 said:
In other words, you guys are still figuring things out. Logistics and such, I assume.

There are a lot of fun activities and surprises planned but I'd hate to reveal something that get's changed later and have someone be disappointed. Best to go in with moderate expectations and be surprised.

Trasher said:
Hmmm, I'll probably end up doing this then. Have never done it before though.

I noticed when I looked up the Reach console on Amazon there was already a deal listed on its page for turning it in for $200 in Amazon credit. :lol
I am sure you could also find a friend that wouldn't mind getting the game a day or two late for 40 or 50 bucks. That is what I am going to do.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Mark V said:

Pretty much this.

As someone who will be at the EMP event, I urge any and all Halo fans to show up if you're in the Seattle/WA area. Will be ragin'.

big ander

I really want the Legendary for the commentary, but I don't have the money for it. Limited is plenty for me :D
Somehow I doubt there are big plans in St. Louis for Reach. :p

Schmitty

wwm0nkey said:
Holy shit! Guys watch the first few seconds of this race video, every race game should start off like that!

Video
And this is only the beginning. I can't wait to see what happens when the whole world gets their hands on it.

Tadale

One of the things I was really down on from the limited edition was the lack of a making of DVD, something I really enjoyed from the last two games. Hearing about the commentary in the legendary edition makes me want it, but $150 is way too much for a single game for me and the statue will just take up space.

big ander

Forge will be so insanely awesome with this game.

Tadale said:
One of the things I was really down on from the limited edition was the lack of a making of DVD, something I really enjoyed from the last two games. Hearing about the commentary in the legendary edition makes me want it, but $150 is way too much for a single game for me and the statue will just take up space.
Exactly. Nothing against those who are getting the statue, but I have nowhere to put that. The Limited price+package is perfect.

Tadale said:
$150 is way too much for a single game for me and the statue will just take up space.

:lol Whatever helps you sleep. $150 is not a drop in the bucket for most and I used my traded in PS3 when GS was give two hundred for them a while back to get mine pre-ordered.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher, you invite me, I join and you're not there. I play MLG, get done and you're playing NBA.

For shame!!!

Maybe tomorrow

big ander

zero margin said:
:lol Whatever helps you sleep. $150 is not a drop in the bucket for most and I used my traded in PS3 when GS was give two hundred for them a while back to get mine pre-ordered.
Heh you're right everyone secretly loves any and all statues, especially video game ones and they want them all over their houses/rooms.
/rolleye

Tadale

zero margin said:

I think you missed my point. I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's Legendary purchase, I'm just saying I wish there was a making of DVD in the limited edition like there was for the last two games.

Smokey

big ander said:
Heh you're right everyone secretly loves any and all statues, especially video game ones and they want them all over their houses/rooms.
/rolleye

It's about the flame!

But seriously, I can see this. I don't even care for the statue, it's just the fact that this is the swan song for Bungie so I'm in. I don't even know where I'll put the statue:lol

Tashi0106 said:
Trasher, you invite me, I join and you're not there. I play MLG, get done and you're playing NBA.

For shame!!!

Maybe tomorrow

I was trying to get some people to play MLG but everyone I know is just waiting for Reach. If you want to play some tomorrow send me your GT.

Smokey

cuevas said:
I was trying to get some people to play MLG but everyone I know is just waiting for Reach. If you want to play some tomorrow send me your GT.

I've been playing Halo 3 all day!

big ander

Smokey said:
It's about the flame!

But seriously, I can see this. I don't even care for the statue, it's just the fact that this is the swan song for Bungie so I'm in. I don't even know where I'll put the statue:lol
Don't mention flames to me. I keep telling myself "psh I won't even use them" but I know if I was getting Leg. I would be thinking "hellz yeah flames!!" I'm just trying to distract myself from that part of it.
But while I think the statue is cool, it's something I'm genuinely not interested in.
Hope u r fine w/ me buyin limited for ur swan song bungle <3

thetechkid

Not a Jellyfish said:
:lol Watching Sons of Anarchy season premier? One just popped up, never couple of days is going to brutal.

Naw, Stargate. Seriously like every few commercial breaks I Hear "Noble Team..." and instantly wanna go play the game.

neoism

wwm0nkey said:

Video
52cm1l.jpg

Just bought Dead Rising 2: Case Zero to keep me occupied until Reach. But even as I'm playing I'm thinking about what I'll be creating in Forge, and how I will tackle the Campaign. One time I got so into day-dreaming about Reach that I just walked right into a huge mob of Zombies and didn't even realize I was getting attacked.

Reach, what are you doing to me?!?

Blueblur1

Mark V said:
There are a lot of fun activities and surprises planned but I'd hate to reveal something that get's changed later and have someone be disappointed. Best to go in with moderate expectations and be surprised.
Well, if it makes any difference it would have been nice to have launch events in other cities besides New York and Seattle. Halo 3 had a huge launch event here in Miami where I got to meet Halo 3 Lead Artist Steve Scott. (And before anyone cracks a joke, know that I didn't create, edit or have anything to do with that page.) It's a shame that Halo: Reach, ostensibly the biggest and most important Halo game yet, gets no such treatment.

Lothars

big ander said:
/rolleye

no but I don't have a problem paying for the legendary edition when it gets you something worthwhile, I don't normally pay for a statue but it's a cool bonus anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom