• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

GillianSeed79 said:
Full disclosure. I'm not really a huge Halo fan, though I've finished Halo 1-3 and dabbled awhile in Halo 3 mp. Can someone explain "load outs" to me? I know that's answered in the first page of the OT, but by load outs do they mean you can create your own custom classes ala CoD?
You can create your own custom classes for custom gametypes, but every game in matchmaking will have a predetermined selection of loadouts. Well, I would assume every game except fiesta.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Anyone interested in doing DeJa Vu? I need 2 people. GT Calm Killer

GhaleonEB

GillianSeed79 said:
Full disclosure. I'm not really a huge Halo fan, though I've finished Halo 1-3 and dabbled awhile in Halo 3 mp. Can someone explain "load outs" to me? I know that's answered in the first page of the OT, but by load outs do they mean you can create your own custom classes ala CoD?
Load Out: A bundle of primary and secondary weapons, grenades and an armor ability. You select them at the start of the game (and round in round based games), and between spawns.

They roughly correspond with classes, in the sense that you're picking your role with the tools they come with, though your base attributes (movement, etc.) are not affected. It's a bucket of tools. You can set up to five load outs for players to select from in custom games.

MrDaravon

rar said:
fuck bungie, halo is dead
0screenshot0117210.jpg

still waiting on a real sequel

:lol

Pennybags

Unicorning people with the Nerfle was pretty fun.

DMR took four body-shots on an unarmored Spartan, didn't it? The NR's supercombine was very satisfying to use, but didn't seem to be too much of an advantage (to me).

When used against Elites in Invasion, it definitely helps. It also seemed to support Elite Slayer's fast pace, especially with the auto-fire.

Trasher

Smokey said:
haha you've been saying this all day. still no luck huh? everyone stopped reservations?
You can still order them online it seems, but all the stores with midnight launches have stopped taking preorders for them.

I wonder...maybe I can find one a few days or even a few weeks after release and then return the copy that comes with the console since it will be unopened.

So what are you missing by getting the Legendary edition from Amazon instead of Gamestop? Just the 2 digital download preorder items, right?

Wizman23

Banned
Is Waypoint down for anyone else? It keeps asking me to download an update over and over and over again. I tried clearing my cache too and no help

Trasher

2 Minutes Turkish said:
You PAL or NTSC?

If you were PAL, I could send you one.
NTSC, but thanks for the offer! I just want the game right on release, and it'd definitely be a bonus if I didn't have to pay for two games since I eventually would like to have the console. Hopefully I can at least get a console sometime after release... (I want that dedicated optical port for my headset!)

ManCannon said:
So far all the MLG games I've seen (both at Bungie and at PAX) only used Sprint and all pros greatly prefer the Needle Rifle over the DMR.

Yeah.......that's what I've been saying all along.........about how much better the needle rifle is than the DMR........right?

Sucks for them that they probably won't get to use it in MLG

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Genesis Knight said:
Okay but the catch with the Nerfle is that it isn't Hitscan, right?
Isn't everything hitscan now? (except needler, launchers and plasma guns.)

Hydranockz said:
Pretty much... thank bungie for that plasma ghosting reticule.

Indeed, it's a good addition! :D

2 Minutes Turkish said:
You PAL or NTSC?

If you were PAL, I could send you one.

You're getting all 3 editions of Halo Reach, the console, AND you have other consoles that you can send out!? The fuck........tell me your job, I want it.

neoism

lol Now am getting Halo pc... The hype train is real lol just realized why play it in 4:3 like I did on xbox 2 days ago.... Anyone know of good mods?

All Bungie said was that the Human weapons were hitscan I don't remember them saying the Needle Rifle was...it certainly seems to fire a purple bolt.

Bungieware said:
You're getting all 3 editions of Halo Reach, the console, AND you have other consoles that you can send out!? The fuck........tell me your job, I want it.

No no no no no no.

Legendary, Limited and Console. That's it.

But it's not like I was going to buy one FOR Trasher. I was assuming he'd PayPal me the funds for it :lol

Monocle

mjc said:
I can't stomach spending the extra $70 to go from limited to legendary when I could use that $70 to get another one or two games this fall. The statue is cool but not that cool. I'll be content with my limited edition for sure.
Yeah, as much as I'm aching to hear that commentary, it's the only thing in the Legendary set I care about that I won't be getting in the Limited version I've already reserved. I can't justify spending the price of a whole new game on one bonus, attractive though it is.

Arnie

Seems like it's just me but DMR > Nerfle, 1 less shot to kill means it is no contest. Supercombine's for pussies.

Oozer3993

Smokey said:
What is this? Gotta link?

Samsung B2230HD

Has a wealth of inputs and is a pretty decent TV despite being primarily a monitor. I played a couple games of Halo 3 on it earlier and it looked quite good.

Wolffen said:
Looks like Achronos posted the Reach Stats API docs, and you can also get an API key for those of you (like myself) that are considering making an app for Reach stats.

API Documentation:
http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/statsapi/Group/Resources/Article.aspx?cid=545064

Key Request/Renew page:
http://www.bungie.net/Account/reachapikey.aspx

Oh hells yes. I am all over this.

Wizman23 said:
Is Waypoint down for anyone else? It keeps asking me to download an update over and over and over again. I tried clearing my cache too and no help

From the Waypoint Twitter:

Yep - Waypoint is down for the moment. Hang tight!

P.S. Thanks for the link Darkflight!

Trasher

2 Minutes Turkish said:
No no no no no no.

But it's not like I was going to buy one FOR Trasher. I was assuming he'd PayPal me the funds for it :lol
You mean you wouldn't buy me one?! What a jerk! ;P

2 Minutes Turkish said:
No no no no no no.

The console bundle comes with a regular copy of Reach, so essentially you're getting all 3 editions right?

And you avoided the important question :lol

Bungieware said:
The console bundle comes with a regular copy of Reach, so essentially you're getting all 3 editions right?

And you avoided the important question :lol

I have a shit low paying job, so I work 2 jobs to compensate.

I USED to be a Graphic Designer.

But I posted earlier about how I pay for all this shit. I save a lot. Live at home while waiting for my house to finish being built. Don't drink, don't smoke etc. etc.

So, I went out to several different stores to place a pre-order on a Reach console. None of the stores are accepting pre-orders and/or are out of stock. :(

Hopefully they'll get a new shipment in soon.

Schmitty

cazosozey said:
Seems like in the beta I favored the nerfle one day then the next, the dmr. They were basically the same to me at the time.
The Nerfle definitely has less bloom, but the DMR kills quicker. It's all about what you want to sacrifice

Nelo Ice

Banned
Monocle said:
Yeah, as much as I'm aching to hear that commentary, it's the only thing in the Legendary set I care about that I won't be getting in the Limited version I've already reserved. I can't justify spending the price of a whole new game on one bonus, attractive though it is.

whew someone else not bumping up to legendary ok i think i can resist

i resisted burning my best buy gcs on the SC2 LE i can resist halo...i hope! :lol

Kuroyume

Banned
I wasn't even aware you could hold down on the trigger with the needle rifle until late in the beta. I shot that thing like the DMR with manual shots for most of the time. :lol

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
Why isn't there a photo or description of the Spiker weapon?
I was using the renders from bungie.net for the images, however not all of the weapons were up at the time of posting, so I just listed it since I couldn't find a good alternate pic. They added the other renders today, so I'll be updating the list tonight. :)

Arnie

First Onslaught remake

A couple of errors though, this definitely seems like a sloppy remake. The jump from the dustbins to the A and B streets looks broken whilst the upper section seems to have a low side rail preventing players from dropping down without having to jump.

Lazslo

Since I play without rumble enabled- when I shoot the NR it just feels weak and ineffective. However, when I shoot the DMR it feels nice and powerful- but I think I'm just bias towards alien weapons :lol

I think the Nerfle is the perfect team weapon. If all (or some) of your battle bros are shooting the same guy, the needles will supercombine a lot faster.

In the Beta, it was my team's preferred weapons because of that reason. We totally dominated.

feel

Trasher said:
FUUUUUUUUUU I gotta find a Reach console on release...
:lol

Order the console now, then buy a copy at midnight release, then sell the sealed copy included with the console when it arrives, if you really don't want a second copy laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom