• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC Full Campaign Preview (H2A runs at 1328 x 1080 native)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Mhm.

Halo-2-Anniversary-Coag-2.png

Hnnnng.
Big Team CTF. <3

That will be cool for you, but it's too niche.

1080p is more important to a larger amount of people.
If we're talking about all the people who will ever buy or play this game, most of them won't even know the difference.

Computer

HaloCE campaign: 1080p/60
HaloCEA campaign: 1080p/60
Halo 2 campaign: 1080p/60
Halo 2A campaign: 1328x1080/60
Halo 3 campaign: 1080p/60
Halo 4 campaign: 1080p/60
Halo CE Multi: 1080p/60
Halo 2 Multi: 1080p/60
Halo 2A Multi: 1080p/60
Halo 3 Multi: 1080p/60
Halo 4 Multi: 1080p/60

Quoting to stop the complaining.

It was just a question and I said I didn't care about that type of thing. Take that crap elsewhere. No one was trying to fuel a console war argument. It's clear from your reaction where your bias lies though. You come into a thread of a game you have no intention of buying just to say foolishness. Stop it.

Riiight...

"Halo 2 remaster is 1328 x 1080"

"But what about The Order?"

And I'm the one that has a clear bias?

and no I don't have the money for an X1, so I won't be buying it, but if there was a PC release...

Doesn't bode well for Halo 5's resolution.

lol you seem very concerned
just like in most xbone threads
, care to explain why?

It's not like H5 is running two games at once or did I miss something. Plus H2A:MP already looks better than the remastered campaign and it's 1080p.

Caayn

Great, a resolution thread!

Everything else is 1080p/60fps so why is this a big deal? You're only going to play the campaign once anyway.
Hell no. I'll play through it multiple times. I already got the weekend of that week so I can go through all four games in one sitting with a buddy.

Lone Wolf

How anybody could be upset with this, I have no idea.

That's fine by me considering that literally everything else is full 1080 and that the H2A is running both the old audio and video engine along with the new ones. I love the switching back and forth.

AmFreak

The old one has to run at the same time to ensure instant switching. Initialising the old one and loading the older assets into memory takes time, so it's done as soon as the level starts instead of fading to black and loading like CE:A.

Having both engines running and everything in memory makes sense, but why would you need to render both simultaneously?
Why not skip the render of the one not shown?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Is this certain? If so, not a huge deal. So long as the multi is 1080p, I don't care :)

It has to be so disheartening as a game developer to have all this information come out about your game and the only thing people are talking about is the resolution.

Seriously. It is my biggest problem with the community at large and especially this forum. Every other thread is about resolution, parity and other console warz topics rather than focusing on the most important part "enjoyment of the games."

I really think the game development community must be so disheartened by the vocal gamers who only care about pixel counting. Digital Foundry is a black mark on the community.

Two Words

Most people just read the verticle count on resolution and won't know about this. I'm sure they'll get away with calling it 1080p.

LAA

Hmm, I'm OK with this really.
I'm not sure how much H2A is pushing the X1 since this seems a total remake, and Im not sure if it was to the same quality as H1A, or beyond that, so may explain it.
That and I do value the ability to switch between Remake/Original. Bit of a shame it can't handle "true" 1080p, but if the trade of is I can go back to the original, I'll take it.

I wonder if the the other Halos are "true" 1080p though.

Seriously. It is my biggest problem with the community at large and especially this forum. Every other thread is about resolution, parity and other console warz topics rather than focusing on the most important part "enjoyment of the games."

I really think the game development community must be so disheartened by the vocal gamers who only care about pixel counting. Digital Foundry is a black mark on the community.

Well it doesn't help that this thread only had a link and the resolution in the title. I'm sure OP just wanted to make informations readily available, of course.

rakka

As always my question is, are we going to have split screen MP (hoping for at least 2p)... And if so, still 60fps?

Hubble

343i is in charge now, and they're very serious about 60 fps being the new standard, especially with Halo 5 targeting that. There's nothing wrong with making the old games run twice as fast, especially when there's already precedence for that with the PC ports of CE and 2.

After Halo 4's terrible online, which entirely ruined Halo multiplayer I'm not sure if I am happy about 343 being in charge. They seem to make a lot of awkward decisions. Halo 4 online not about Halo's map control and power weapons, Halo 4 lobby system, adding ridiculous abilities, poor maps, very few at Halo 4 retail, little online gameplay types, no mlg playlist, etc., etc.

Going for 60 FPS is ignoring Halo precedence and canon. If I'm not mistaken, all the previous Halo's were 30FPS. With 30 FPS, they achieved critical acclaim. In terms of publicity, the game will receive much more negativity not being at a standard high resolution of 1080p found in every tv and monitor rather than a 30 FPS and 1080 especially for a remake. It's not a new game, so people will be more willingly to accept 30 FPS. That trade off is a lot better. Halo at a locked 30FPS or even 40FPS is perfectly playable online and is what previous Halo gamers played, and I played a ton of it as a Halo 3 MLG gamer. And we would get better IQ.

edit: If I'm wrong about previous Halo's being at 30FPS I apologize.

Bgamer90

Banned
It has to be so disheartening as a game developer to have all this information come out about your game and the only thing people are talking about is the resolution.

I honesty feel bad for you guys. Resolution is getting way more attention than the actual content of big name games this gen.

From my two + decades of gaming I think this is the worst one I've experienced in terms of discussion

Banned
should have been 1080p/30
You're sick, you know that?

Anyways, I actually play Halo for the single player more then multiplayer but I guess I'll deal with the scaling and stretching. I just would have preferred 1600x900 so the aspect ratio stays 16:9 instead of this weird one.

Well it doesn't help that this thread only had a link and the resolution in the title. I'm sure OP just wanted to make informations readily available, of course.

I think OP was excited about the game and wasn't bringing it up for wars. He even has it on pre-order. The fact he mentioned it is because he knew where the thread would go unfortunately.

I think OP was excited about the game and wasn't bringing it up for wars. He even has it on pre-order. The fact he mentioned it is because he knew where the thread would go unfortunately.

Yes, that's what I said. I didn't mean the post to sound sarcastic.

In fact, it's a good title, for having immediate info. Too bad this are sensitive times xD

x-Lundz-x

Halo 2A campaign:1080p/60

What we could of had without some useless feature no one cares about for more than 5 minutes. Just sayin.

I had a weird HDMI cord that I used to run games from the 360 to my HDTV, it ran this weird resolution of 1440p x 1050p. I would switch it to 1280x720, 1080, though I could never see the damn difference even on larger televisions around 40". So in hindsight I don't the majority of people who purchase the MCC will really notice the difference in Halo 2 not being 1920 x1080p and running at the weird 1328 x 1080. It is the era of the weird xbox one resolutions.

Izayoi

Banned
I mean if it was a solid 30 at an actual 1080p...isnt that better?

60fps is king for sure...just saying.
I think even 720p60 is better than 1080p30, personally.

Framerate > resolution when it comes to playability (and I would always prefer 1080p30 to 900p30 or lower, even if it means pairing back on visual effects).

IMACOMPUTA

Holy fuck. This is even worse than Killzone:Shadow Falls shitty excuse for "1080p".

This is almost as bad as The Order:1886... Next they'll announce the game is filled with black bars.

Congrats, I've only just started seeing your posts today and you're already my least favorite gaffer.

danielcw

Anyways, I actually play Halo for the single player more then multiplayer but I guess I'll deal with the scaling and stretching. I just would have preferred 1600x900 so the aspect ratio stays 16:9 instead of this weird one.

It is better to only scale along one axis, than two.
The aspect ratio is the same anyway, and has nothing to do with the resolutions

Doffen

Halo 3 and Halo 4 make use of the Xbox One controller's impulse triggers out of the box (we experienced it!), and Halo: CE and Halo 2 may have that functionality added in via a game update shortly after release.

What?

Top Bottom