• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

scabro

I wonder how much more Amazon must have paid them to put it on their platform. Community never made it on US Netflix either. Perhaps NBC just doesn't like Netflix?

its probably some exclusivity deal or something

and yeah, i dont think i could hold out until it all airs if i tried

Who here is going to wait for the whole season to be over before watching?

bwSFGEv.gif

KarmaCow

I'm rewatching season 2 and I never really thought about it but is there any significance to Hannibal literally flipping a coin to decide whether or not to revive Jack's wife? It seemed oddly capricious to consider reviving her for someone that is usually measured and calculating otherwise. He basically talked into committing suicide up to that point, the option to revive her afterwards seemed cruel even if he was doing it for Jack.

I'm rewatching season 2 and I never really thought about it but is there any significance to Hannibal literally flipping a coin to decide whether or not to revive Jack's wife? It seemed oddly capricious to consider reviving her for someone that is usually measured and calculating otherwise. He basically talked into committing suicide up to that point, the option to revive her afterwards seemed cruel even if he was doing it for Jack.
His reasoning for his behavior often boils down to "I wanted to see what would happen."

That was his justification for the whole Garret Jacob Hobbs thing, at least.

-griffy-

Banned
So just to be clear, will these episodes be available on Amazon Prime the same day/next day or would I have to wait for the season to be over?

You'll be able to buy them on Amazon Video after they air. They won't be part of Amazon Prime streaming until around when the Blu-ray releases. Unless you live outside of the U.S., not sure if some other territories get it differently/quicker.

You'll be able to buy them on Amazon Video after they air. They won't be part of Amazon Prime streaming until around when the Blu-ray releases. Unless you live outside of the U.S., not sure if some other territories get it differently/quicker.

Make sure you check on this. Last year I bought the S2 pass via Xbox Video, and the episodes weren't available until the next day (night, usually). In a few rare occasions, they weren't available until two days after :(

NBC might still stream them from their site the day after, too.

-griffy-

Banned
Good interview with Fuller here.
I felt in approaching this material for the umpteenth time that the well had been gone to frequently. In order to tell a different kind of story in a different kind of way, and avoid slipping into restrictive parameters of the current procedural, it was necessary to find other elements to enhance over the “killer of the week.” That’s why over the first two seasons the “killer of the week” structure really became a thematic umbrella under which we told a metaphorical story between Hannibal Lecter and Will Graham.

As usual, light spoilers come out of Fuller's mouth in regards to the upcoming season.
Kaleidoscopic lesbian sex scene confirmed.

I hope you don't follow anything Hannibal-related on social media. Spoilers abound, even right before the episode actually airs.

I've done it with Justified's final season, Game of Thrones's fourth, Better Call Saul's first... basically everything I watched this year. So far so good.

But yeah I definitely don't follow TV show feeds on social media. I also don't really use Twitter.

The real challenge will be resisting the urge to watch or clicking on this thread past the premiere.

No way, dude, this is Bryans first third season! You gotta watch it, FOR BRYAN! Also it'd impossible to wait while it's out there in the universe, especially because we've already waited a year and four-ish months, jeez

Wiktor

That would likely be mistake for most people. Every episode is so rich in subtext, atmosphere and symbolism that it's a crime to let it all turn into a blur, which is what happens when you binge.

That would likely be mistake for most people. Every episode is so rich in subtext, atmosphere and symbolism that it's a crime to let it all turn into a blur, which is what happens when you binge.

The thing is eventually every show becomes a binge show. In the long run, there will be far more people in the world that have binge watched a show than watched it on a weekly basis. Yes the show has a lot of depth to it, but for those that want to appreciate it, you should be watching it more than once anyway. You can have it both ways.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Only other show ive rewatched as much as this is the X-Files back in the day. Im doing a rapid re-watch of the 2 seasons before 3 starts.

Make sure you check on this. Last year I bought the S2 pass via Xbox Video, and the episodes weren't available until the next day (night, usually). In a few rare occasions, they weren't available until two days after :(

NBC might still stream them from their site the day after, too.

God, I hope so. Although I have an Amazon giftcard to dispose of.

123rl

I've watched series 2 again this weekend. I absolutely love it and it's much better the second time round. The direction, photography, acting, and story evolution is just second to none. This is easily one of the best acted and produced TV shows in years, if not the absolute best of the best. It's s stunning show.

Finished my series re-watch. Season 2 just goes so completely over the top of awesome it can no longer see the bar. The last couple episodes are so bonkers, but yet deeply rewarding. The finale remains as jaw-dropping as the first time I saw it. Can't wait for Thursday night! My body is ready for the glory of season 3.

S7Pp7U8.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That saying that women age like fine wine...my god Scully o_O

So hyped for this

AoM

I can't wait for Fuller's take on this scene from Red Dragon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbiDj6vJfug

It's unfortunate that its Manhunter counterpart isn't up on YT. Noonan just gets the character of Dolarhyde. You should definitely watch it (and read the novel if you haven't).

Wait, so is that
going to be Freddie in the show?

It'll be interesting to see what they do given
Freddy's gender change. In the exchange in the novel, there is a lot of talk about what it is to be a man, which couldn't really happen with a female Freddie. Also, Dolarhyde's relationship with women is complicated to say the least. Assuming they do do the scene, it'll have to be drastically different from the book.

It's unfortunate that its Manhunter counterpart isn't up on YT. Noonan just gets the character of Dolarhyde. You should definitely watch it (and read the novel if you haven't).

It'll be interesting to see what they do given
Freddy's gender change. In the exchange in the novel, there is a lot of talk about what it is to be a man, which couldn't really happen with a female Freddie. Also, Dolarhyde's relationship with women is complicated to say the least. Assuming they do do the scene, it'll have to be drastically different from the book.

Whats kind of ironic, given how her character is introduced in S1, she's probably the best female character in the show

Top Bottom