• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

Mariolee

The return of Post-Mortem Hannibal interviews with Scott Thompson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcQNvITE1WY&feature=youtu.be

God, Fuller has such a kickass beard, suit, and swag.

Some interesting spoilers:

First seven episodes are compared to The Talented Mr Ripley with Hannibal out in the open

Red Dragon picks up three years after Episode 7, so time skip

That bit with the Oysters. Yikes.

Yikes is right. For whatever reason, I didn't see that coming.

Sairobee (She also did the comic in the rewatch thread) posted this right after the finale last year. It made me feel a little better thinking Hannibal would have to eat that shit for a season, l o l

BEWtWKc.jpg

sJq3FRO.jpg

m8hOc9B.jpg

Bonus!

First negative review.

Despite some misgivings about its indulgences in operatic -- and sometimes nonsensical -- violence, I've stuck with NBC's "Hannibal" (10 p.m. Thursday, WPXI) because of the characters and stylish storytelling.

No show on TV looks like "Hannibal," which is good when it induldges in Grand Guignol flourishes but not so good when the show is as wantonly obtuse as it is in its early season three episodes.

Taken as a whole, the three episodes mark a decent reintroduction but individually these episodes are basically daring viewers to watch. It's like producers are actively trying to repel viewers, not because the episodes are overly violent but because they often don't make much sense.

Thursday's premiere is especially off-putting with unexplained time jumps, a blink-and-you'll-miss-it unexplained Zachary Quinto cameo and other oddities. It's like a collection of random scenes rather than a coherent story.

I'll likely continue to watch but it's difficult to love a show that seems to be trying too hard to be impenetrable to viewers to the point that it's practically begging to be canceled with such uninviting storytelling.
"Cracks are not always weaknesses. A life lived accrues in the cracks."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Here is the track list:

Tracklist

01. Feeding The Dogs / Family Dinner (episode 104 “Œef”) (2:09)

02. Who’s The Copycat Killer? (episode 112 “Relevés”) (7:23)

03. Alise Came Back (episode 101 “Apéritif”) (1:56)

04. Birdman (episode 208 “Su-zakana”) (3:58)

05. Will’s Kill Aftermath / End Credits (episode 101 “Apéritif”) (2:04)

06. Show Me Yours (episode 210 “Naka-Choko”) (6:14)

07. Sticky Situation (episode 201 “Kaiseki”) (3:00)

08. Jack’s Wife (episode 204 “Takiawase”) (2:43)

09. Trail Of Blood / Chilton Runs (episode 207 “Yakimono”) (1:30)

10. Will Remembers Ear (episode 201 “Kaiseki”) (1:48)

11. Asylum, I’ll Remember You (episode 103 “Potage”) (1:54)

12. Will’s Haunting / Drugstore (episode 102 “Amuse Bouche”) (1:47)

13. Psych Breakfast (episode 104 “Œuef”) (2:00)

14. Making Angels (episode 106 “Entrée”) (2:27)

15. Another MRI Nightmare (episode 110 “Buffet Froid”) (2:20)

16. Facing The Nightmare (episode 113 “Savoureux”) (5:24)

17. Will Remembers (episode 204 “Takiawase”) (3:17)

18. Mason Trips (episode 212 “Tome-wan”) (2:21)

19. Will Freed / Decrim (episode 207 “Yakimono”) (5:46)

20. Bloodfest (episode 213 “Mizumono”) (9:06)

-griffy-

Banned
My cousin's high school graduation is tomorrow night at 7:30, and my presence is mandated due to my "good camera." I'm gonna miss the premiere live dammit! Funny thing is my aunt and my cousin are both pissed cause they are big fans of the show too.

Kain

So are you telling me we will have weekly doses of Eva AND Mads for a while?

I'm not ready

Hold me

Brahs

wenis

That poster is fantastic... but after the journey that was getting my last hannibal poster framed, that part of my fandom has been sated.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't seem clear if they actually shot it or not, or if it was just an idea for the episode.

Good point. I read -griffy-'s post as meaning they had shot it.

Either way, that's a really cool piece of information.

Good interview with Fuller here.

As usual, light spoilers come out of Fuller's mouth in regards to the upcoming season.
Kaleidoscopic lesbian sex scene confirmed.

I've already discussed this at length, but I really wish this show was ridiculously popular so Fuller could hold back a little bit and stop selling so hard. He's too expansive when it comes to spoilers. I wonder how much he has divulged about this season so far.

KarmaCow

His reasoning for his behavior often boils down to "I wanted to see what would happen."

That was his justification for the whole Garret Jacob Hobbs thing, at least.

That was usually to see what Will would do and plus it's more weird that he flips a coin to decide.

But I just finished season 2 again though I had forgotten that they brought back Bella for the very end. I guess it was for Jack and it was another part of Hannibal trying to form a friendship in his own twisted way even though he was fine to let her die otherwise.

Ashok

Banned
So lemme get this straight.

Hannibal S3 premieres this week.
The X-Files table read is this week.
Gillian Anderson's hair is about to turn red.

tumblr_inline_mzncxxQZlF1ss7dsh.gif

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 3: episode 1 "Antipasto" (Directed by Vincenzo Natali, Written by Bryan Fuller & Steve Lightfoot)

After the shocking events of the season finale, Hannibal is on the run in Europe - accompanied by his psychiatrist Bedelia Du Maurier - sporting a new identity but servicing the same insatiable appetite. As the lives of Will, Jack and Alana converge toward Hannibal again, their deadly dance turns in startling and unexpected ways, and nothing will ever be the same again.

GeeTeeCee

Heads up for UK watchers who have Sky On Demand: it looks like the first episode of the new series is available now, if you don't want to wait until the 10th. Not sure if they've made it available now on purpose or by mistake.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Heads up for UK watchers who have Sky On Demand: it looks like the first episode of the new series is available now, if you don't want to wait until the 10th. Not sure if they've made it available now on purpose or by mistake.

tumblr_mnm93yS50n1sts8mfo1_500.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

FUCK!!!!!!!!

GeeTeeCee

Time is not on my side today, so I was only able to watch the first half of the episode, but I don't think people are going to be disappointed. It feels like some crazy art experiment that's been melted down into the form of a tv show, or something to that effect.

wenis

waiting for Mondotees to fire the "for sale" shot into the sky and we all go a little bit crazy
KuGsj.gif

waiting for Mondotees to fire the "for sale" shot into the sky and we all go a little bit crazy
KuGsj.gif

PSA: I haven't ordered from Mondo in a while, it looks like they have a new account/order system. Make sure your account is set up and configured before the drop!

berzeli

Banned
AV Club review: A-

So it goes with a TV adaptation that continues to surprise three years into its run, even as it works from some of the most chewed-over source material in the modern pop-culture canon. Unlike most shows that reach for the “reset” button, Hannibal wasn’t in a position where it needed a new beginning. It’s just the logical, natural place to go, and the fresh slate makes startling hay from the unknowns.
In transplanting their characters to the continent, Fuller and the Hannibal team draw upon the traditions of past horror works set there: The vivid colors and extreme closeups of Giallo, the moody moors of vintage Hammer. Occasionally, analog keyboard textures snake through Brian Reitzell’s instrumental score, injecting a hint of Goblin into the proceedings.
Hannibal begins its third season in a fog, but eventually makes this much clear: We know how this story ends, but the journey to that destination can still be bloody fun.

Oh lord. The wait until Hannibal gets released over here on a service that isn't the worst ever is going to be so unbearable.

Top Bottom