• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Gorlak

Banned
Gorlak, why do you want this information so much when you are a neutral?

I only survive if I help town and getting this info will help town! Do you appreciate Blarg sitting on his info? How does that achieve anything? Somebody has to get things moving!

Is my reasoning this weird? Does anyone think Blarg should not reveal his investigation? If so why? I'm honestly questioning myself, I can't think of a disadvantage, if he reveals it?

Kalor

I only survive if I help town and getting this info will help town! Do you appreciate Blarg sitting on his info? How does that achieve anything? Somebody has to get things moving!

Is my reasoning this weird? Does anyone think Blarg should not reveal his investigation? If so why? I'm honestly questioning myself, I can't think of a disadvantage, if he reveals it?

I understand your reasoning. I do want to hear his investigation but he said he wants to build a case and you don't usually say that if you find a town member.

Gorlak

Banned
Our list of Players:
Players:
01 [m] Retroid - New
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New
04 [m] Rynam - New
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New
06 [f] Swamped
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
15 [m] Burbeting
16 [m] Matt Attack
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya
18 [m] Crab
19 [m] kingkitty
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone
27 [m] Zippedpinhead was replaced by Miracle
28 [f] Sawneeks

22 players left, Majority will be reached with 12 players.

Please tell me kingkitty is still dead and you forgot to strike him out? We are only 21, right?

Gorlak

Banned
I understand your reasoning. I do want to hear his investigation but he said he wants to build a case and you don't usually say that if you find a town member.

You think he found scum? So why hold back? If he investigated me, he should tell you all: Ministry of Magic and be done with it.

The whole point of having 4 RL days is to enable everyone to chime in, if "the case" is dropped on the last day, some will not be able to react.
For instance I will not be online the whole of tomorrow and will barely be able to read on Monday.

Kalor

You think he found scum? So why hold back? If he investigated me, he should tell you all: Ministry of Magic and be done with it.

The whole point of having 4 RL days is to enable everyone to chime in, if "the case" is dropped on the last day, some will not be able to react.
For instance I will not be online the whole of tomorrow and will barely be able to read on Monday.

If it is the case that he found scum then it's odd that he is holding it back. I'm sure he has a reason. The thread needs something to energize it and investigation results would help.

Gorlak

Banned
Town
Blarg, TheG
Roy
Kawl (has been a lot quieter recently)

Neutral
TWE, Rynam

Scum
L_P
LoC

Not contributing:
CM, Enker
Possum (I confused him with sb. from NV, which I read, he's so inactive I think he's in another game, lol)
BSP is another case she digs flavour really deep, but rarely speaks about anything else.
---
Crab is either Filch or scum.
My feelings still tell me there is something wrong about Flame, but I'm not sure what.

Gorlak

Banned
L_P (#1965)
He offered several of those overviews, but in here he made the important slip! Blarg talked about being tortured Day2, I only talked about being stupefied. The torture clearly refers to the Crucio curse, only scum would knew I experienced the same spells as Blarg.

Nobody has even slightly read this? L_P what do you say to this?

Just look at it, he listed two seperate roles - Torture and "Stunner" but mentions me as being tortured, which I was but he could not have known unless he was scum.

Gorlak

Banned
Vote: Lone Prodigy

I demand everyone to put down a vote! Keep in mind, no turboing (which is very unlikely at this point anyway) If we do not get info from anyone, we have to at least voice our suspicions until we can adjust them accordingly!

Gorlak

Banned
Don't act like there is nothing we can talk about:

myself being Umbridge
Crab's claim
TWE not giving back the ring
my L_P accusation
LoC's claim
Retroid bandwaggon forming

etc. don't lay down and sleep when the sun is shining, use the day

Gorlak

Banned
What do you mean bandwagon forming?

People seem to be lazy. You have 3 votes on you, if nothing considerable happens some will just vote you for being on the vote list already (easy lynch target, keeping the head down, not wanting to attract attention, "if they vote him, then it's surely a good thing to do" etc.)

That's why I want to hear from people, I do not have any opinion about you yet.

Retroid

Oh, I thought you meant I was a bandwagon-er or something, my bad.

What about TWE, seems like a good target for today, didn't give the ring back, wanted to be lynched and then changed his mind, and we've now seen a Horcrux get destroyed after someone died, so I guess there was some truth in that?

Gorlak

Banned
Oh, I thought you meant I was a bandwagon-er or something, my bad.

What about TWE, seems like a good target for today, didn't give the ring back, wanted to be lynched and then changed his mind, and we've now seen a Horcrux get destroyed after someone died, so I guess there was some truth in that?

Afraid to put down your vote? Afraid to get in the danger zone? Coward.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Yeah, I have to agree that the Daily Prophet is likely flavour after that last one.

I look at the list of players and some people stick out as suspicous but no-one has anything damning against them despite the evidence that is out there. I want to hear more from Magnum so...

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Gorlak, why do you want this information so much when you are a neutral?

Sorry, I've been working on a final project for school.

Again, the only one who stands out to me is Gorlak. Everyone else who I am suspicious of is just because of their activeness in the game. If I had to chose someone right now to lynch, it would be Gorlak, but for now I'll continue proding people. The next person that I want hear from is Matt Attack. So I will be voting for him.

vote:Matt Attack

Retroid

Oh, I guess showing my vote will show who I'm not interested in, which is you Gorlak. Your cards have been shown and I'm not worried about you for the time being.

Funny thing is, I thought you were really towny up until you were revealed, so I'm happy to keep you around for that reason as well.

Gorlak

Banned
Oh, I guess showing my vote will show who I'm not interested in, which is you Gorlak. Your cards have been shown and I'm not worried about you for the time being.

Funny thing is, I thought you were really towny up until you were revealed, so I'm happy to keep you around for that reason as well.

What are you up about? I want you to voice your suspicion in a concrete way. It's antitown to not vote somebody, in other games people get prodded for having no active vote! Votes are the life essence of town.

Ah, I see. You desperately want to know if I can somehow clear your name or not, because you won't have the time or chance to defend yourself later Today.

I can definitely tell you that I did not investigate you last Night. That makes this harder.

We'll see how the Day plays out yet, but I must warn you that I may further push for your elimination Today if my questions to TheGoddamn and TheWorthyEdge are left unanswered and nothing else presents itself; solely because of the threat you pose to me and the crew, being the wildcard Roleblocker that you are.

I don't believe that the mysterious Expelliarmus Roleblocker is scum-aligned. So, at the moment, there are three sure threats to the Town Tank; the Dementor Roleblocker, the Poisoner and the scum's Nightly Factional Kill.

You are the potential fourth, and that's one too many for my liking.

Within the Tank, Mr. Castamere and TheGoddamn can defend two of us four, and I can defend a third if I choose to not investigate someone. Rynam can monitor one of us and report his result the next Day, but he can't defend anyone. All in all, that's possibly three shielded Tank crew out of four, at maximum defense capability.

The scum undoubtedly wants to destroy this Tank as soon as possible, and will likely target TheGoddamn and Lord of Castamere next, to get the shields out of the way. If, Tonight, both you (if you choose to help scum whittle down numbers for your own reasons) and the Dementor independently arrive at the decision to directly Roleblock the Tank, most likely TheGoddamn and LoC as your separate targets, if you somehow managed that; if the Tank was at maximum defense capability, that's three vulnerable Tank crew out of four even if I chose to employ my Doctor role that Night, and four out of four crew members made vulnerable if I didn't. Then, I'd be attacked and killed. Lord of Castamere and TheGoddamn would be finished off next, and Rynam will fall to his poisoning soon after. That's the Town Switcher, Alignment Cop/Doctor, Bodyguard and Watcher all dead within the coming 3? Days, if the Bad stars align.

Without the hazardous potential of you, Gorlak, in the picture; the Dementor alone has to choose whether to Roleblock me, TheGoddamn, Rynam or Lord of Castamere. That's one shield that scum will Roleblock off, so versus a Poisoning and a Factional Kill each Night; there would be two vulnerable Tank crew out of four if I chose to employ my Doctor role that Night, or three vulnerable Tank crew if I chose to investigate someone that Night. The odds of the Tank crew's survival for the longest period of time are preeminently the highest, without you around. We've one more shield without you.

Frankly, I don't trust that you'll cooperate with Town if we let you go. And I don't and won't believe any promises to the contrary.

I've already voted against you, Gorlak; but again, my mind may, may change later Today, if the case I'm making on someone proves solid in time. So I'll rescind my vote for now, for discussion:

UNVOTE: Gorlak

But, eliminating you Today is definitely the most risk-minimizing move we can currently make, and we also get to see if Crab is lying or not.

You're not scum, but you'll probably have to leave.

Gorlak

Banned
Sorry, I've been working on a final project for school.

Again, the only one who stands out to me is Gorlak. Everyone else who I am suspicious of is just because of their activeness in the game. If I had to chose someone right now to lynch, it would be Gorlak, but for now I'll continue proding people. The next person that I want hear from is Matt Attack. So I will be voting for him.

vote:Matt Attack

Ohh, weeh, such wow, much active, so pro town.

Maybe you can elaborate why you think Crab, LoC, TWE, L_P, Retroid and many more are irrelevant today? Do you fully believe all of them? My lynch is the best option to get rid of Crab too? Tell me your motivation :)

Why did you put me under Neutral? I win when town wins, so I think I'm town and not really neutral.

You claimed Ministry of Magic, Ministry of Magic is neutral. Why should I believe you are town aligned?

Gorlak

Banned
something refreshingly reasonable from mr. riddles

I'm not a wildcard. I didn't block town tank last night. And I won't block any of towns openly claimed PRs at any time in this game.
It literally makes no sense for me to be a scum aligned roleblocker with the Dementor roleblocker hanging around (they are confirmed by 3 different people by now?).

Expelliarmus was town, anything else makes no sense. I'd guess it was Harry with a x-shot ability.

Gorlak

Banned
Nobody has even slightly read this? L_P what do you say to this?

Just look at it, he listed two seperate roles - Torture and "Stunner" but mentions me as being tortured, which I was but he could not have known unless he was scum.

Blarg, Magnum, Rynam, Retroid - you were the last ones alive, yet no one even dares to give a comment?

Don't you think this is weird? Am I seeing ghosts?

Retroid

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

I don't see why someone not voting is scummy when they've shared their opinion, it's scummy when they go against what they said they would vote for.

Ultimately, at this point in the day, I think this is our best bet. He didn't return the ring, he jumped around a bit before the last day end and we know he isn't town aligned (although claims he can join town?).

Gorlak

Banned
I'm not a wildcard. I didn't block town tank last night. And I won't block any of towns openly claimed PRs at any time in this game.
It literally makes no sense for me to be a scum aligned roleblocker with the Dementor roleblocker hanging around (they are confirmed by 3 different people by now?).

Thinking about it, this makes my L_P passive ability redundant. Good we talked about it.

Still can ANYONE comment on L_P listing me as tortured? I believe I fund scum single handedly, but no one says anything. Is it so abstruse?

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Ohh, weeh, such wow, much active, so pro town.

Maybe you can elaborate why you think Crab, LoC, TWE, L_P, Retroid and many more are irrelevant today? Do you fully believe all of them? My lynch is the best option to get rid of Crab too? Tell me your motivation :)

You claimed Ministry of Magic, Ministry of Magic is neutral. Why should I believe you are town aligned?
In all honesty, The person I trust the most, from day 1 really, has been blarg. I may be in the minority, but I like and understand his play style. As this game has progressed I've been able to better understand his more...cryptic comments. With that being said, I am not leaning towards you just because blarg is. Your actions today have been that of someone who has the spotlight on him, and not in a good way. Granted, that doesn't make you scum but it does paint you in a negative light. If someone else were to appear to be more of a potential scum than you, I would happily vote for that person.

As for my activness, I know I haven't been as active as others, but that is mainly because I am trying to digest every piece of information that we gain throughout the day phase to try and make the best choice. That's why most of my post have been multiparagraph info dumps, I am just trying to weigh my options carefully,so that I can try and help town win.

VOTE: Retroid
UNVOTE: Retroid

So, Gorlak, your case against me is:

1. I mixed up Stupefy and Crucio. My list of roles at the bottom is correct. I should've put "Gorlak stunned" and "Blarg stunned and tortured".

2. I bussed Hyper. Look at my post on the last page. I jumped on pretty early; there was still a good chance of TWE getting lynched at that point. Remember that voting for Hyper would also decrease the number of votes on TWE. I said "switch back" in case of a tie. I was fine with a TWE lynch but took a chance on some gut feelings by voting Hyper.

Occam's Razor. The Hyper lynch happened fast. Scum was likely freaking out and telling Hyper to get online and unvote/claim. They're not going to bus to make it any easier for town (unless it was too late). That's why BSP is suspicious. It's also worthwhile to note that Crab was the last Hyper vote (when it didn't matter), despite gunning for him earlier.

Another thing: I'm going to make lists. They're done from memory, and there's a lot going on, so I can't guarantee accuracy. When lying is easy and believable in this clusterduck of a game, they're not going to mean much.

I don't like how Gorlak has put me and LoC in the "scum" category. I missed something in a list, and LoC is... what? He has a fishy role claim? The bandwagon on LoC is mightily suspicious too, but one thing at a time.

Go back and read my post on the Hyper vote. The evidence is there in voting patterns and posts. It's not a "witch hunt" as FEP claims. Was it lucky? Sure, we could've hit a PR instead. But it was so risky, it caught scum with their pants down and left them scrambling.

*cough*

It's not the same, is it.

Damn, it should've ended with the VOTE line.

Well, I botched that delivery.

Thank you for participating in this stress test!

This automated stress test was deployed in order to facilitate conversation and to gauge who was 'lurking' within the game environment. It is in no way justified or backed by incriminating evidence of any sort, and has no merit as a valid accusation.

I apologize for any undue distress you and/or any participants may have experienced for the duration.

Carry on, players.

So, uh.

Don't rely on copy/paste, students.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Thinking about it, this makes my L_P passive ability redundant. Good we talked about it.

Still can ANYONE comment on L_P listing me as tortured? I believe I fund scum single handedly, but no one says anything. Is it so abstruse?
I'll reread the thread, be back in an hour.(hopefully)

Retroid

Blarg, Magnum, Rynam, Retroid - you were the last ones alive, yet no one even dares to give a comment?

Don't you think this is weird? Am I seeing ghosts?

Hey, sorry, mistakes are easy to make, and unfortunately, people read into them, even myself (with Hyper). Both town and scum can make them.

Blarg! Sorry; I'm on sick leave this weekend. I was also waiting for mod confirmation of switching night actions, but I think that's not forthcoming.

Anyway. Last night the Weasley switch targets were Blarg and Sawneeks. Crab, if you were switched last night, the scum used you to get to Miracle.

Flame_AC

Gorlak, I've looked so could you direct me to where LP said you were tortured? If so then I might be able to form an opinion on the current situation.

I think it might be best if today we got tried to get rid of some of the neutrals, but I doubt that the votes will be enough to do anything with. Probably vote TWE first, then Gorlak tomorrow barring new information.

Sorry, I will be a bit more quiet for this day phase. I've got a few exams this weekend and a fair amount of work to go along with them.

L_P: I'm unconvinced by Gorlak's case.

LoC: Torn. I said why I got scum reads from him yesterday and that still stands. I also think his role claim sounds quite believable to me. I'm starting to lean towards him being town and me just making an incorrect read.

Retroid: I have no clue. He honestly hasn't stood out to me thus far, but he's been getting a lite of votes so I clearly need to give him a more in depth look today.

TWE: I can understand wanting to let it die with you, but I was under the impression he was going to give it back, so I think it does hurt his credibility.

Gorlak and Crab: If Crab dies with Gorlak, then I would be more hesitant to lynch him. Crab's N1 Swamped visit still stands out, but I tentatively believe his role claim, and his power should be useful (regardless of whether it detects Horcruxes or alignment). Crab seems to have thought Gorlak is scum recruitable though (a claim you denied), which while I don't think it is too likely, still slightly worries me. True or not, it's something Gorlak would definitely deny so I'd rather hear what other people think of the danger.

roytheone

Sorry, I will be a bit more quiet for this day phase. I've got a few exams this weekend and a fair amount of work to go along with them.

LoC: Torn. I said why I got scum reads from him yesterday and that still stands. I also think his role claim sounds quite believable to me. I'm starting to lean towards him being town and me just making an incorrect read.

Retroid: I have no clue. He honestly hasn't stood out to me thus far, but he's been getting a lite of votes so I clearly need to give him a more in depth look today.

TWE: I can understand wanting to let it die with you, but I was under the impression he was going to give it back, so I think it does hurt his credibility.

Gorlak and Crab: If Crab dies with Gorlak, then I would be more hesitant to lynch him. Crab's N1 Swamped visit still stands out, but I tentatively believe his role claim, and his power should be useful (regardless of whether it detects Horcruxes or alignment). Crab seems to have thought Gorlak is scum recruitable though (a claim you denied), which while I don't think it is too likely, still slightly worries me. True or not, it's something Gorlak would definitely deny so I'd rather hear what other people think of the danger.

If he can be recruited by scum, I am pretty sure he is now a full fleged scum, no reason for them not to recruit him last night. That would make him a very real danger to our blarg tank. On the other hand, scum having two recrutable members and the option to get two role blockers is a bit weird to me. Still, maybe it's a good idea if our mystery expelianus role blocker keeps blocking gorlak for now just to be sure.

Retroid

If Crab is town and dies when Gorlak dies, why even bother focusing on those two? Mafia should hit them soon enough as neither is allegedly scum aligned.

Flame_AC

If Crab is town and dies when Gorlak dies, why even bother focusing on those two? Mafia should hit them soon enough as neither is allegedly scum aligned.

If Gorlak can be recruited, which is unknown at this point, Gorlak lives forever and Crab stays on as well. They certainly deserve a little bit of our focus regardless of what Crab has done for the town so far.

No? Blarg specifically told me not to give it back and just keep it making me a decoy.

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

I don't see why someone not voting is scummy when they've shared their opinion, it's scummy when they go against what they said they would vote for.

Ultimately, at this point in the day, I think this is our best bet. He didn't return the ring, he jumped around a bit before the last day end and we know he isn't town aligned (although claims he can join town?).

You literally are just throwing darts at nothing right now. How am I your best bet? I'm dying tonight anyways. I did NOT jump around a lot yesterday, and was actually the one who said "way to reel some Deatheaters out" after I exposed hyper and then proceeded to place the very first vote on him. Also, I can't join Town but I can try and help. I didn't return the ring because of being a decoy for Blarg.

Vote: Retroid

I was not role blocked, if being role blocked means you get a PM. I simply misunderstood the fact when Salva said "like what happened Day 1" and I was unaware of the fact that someone else was role blocked on Day 1.

I apologize, my votes and suspicions on Lord of Castamere were not good and a result of a misinterpretation.

I claimed that I'm Hogwarts aligned but show MoM when inspected.

Rynam claims Ministry of Magic and is aligned with Hogwarts but Gorlak, you also claim to be Ministry of Magic also but neutral aligned.

If someone is lying I'm inclined to believe it's Gorlak. Your play right now is very reminiscent of Hyperactivity's and the only reason I'd hold back on voting on you is cause we might lose Crab.

Top Bottom