• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

88wfDGE.gif

Yes the Hyper train was a better way to track scum. Possum could be town, and Retroid did himself no favours with such a feeble attempt to save himself. Unfortunately it forced Christina to soft-claim and he already said his powers have been spent, so he might be left alone by scum now.

There were like, 10 minutes left in the day when Christina posted? More information is good, so I tried to decode it. I wanted to change votes away from Retroid in the meantime. I was essentially saying "don't spend time decoding it, I will. Spend your time unvoting Retroid."

Kalor

My understanding of the post was that a shared final line in their role PM was provided for use by the trio when CM used their ability. Inputting that line as the key code on that site would decode the message. I was initially very confused by the post again as this was all going down in roughly the final ten minutes of the day.

I didn't actually think about the key he gave as being a message. Retroid's post was redacted after the town win condition so could it be the horcrux win condition? That would make sense as the final sentence.

Kawl_USC

I didn't actually think about the key he gave as being a message. Retroid's post was redacted after the town win condition so could it be the horcrux win condition? That would make sense as the final sentence.

Right the redacted bit from HPs role pm leads credence to that I feel. Haven't had anything else redacted except the members of scum team. There isn't a point in using that site besides slowing things down unless there is information only the three were privy to.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
?h. ? d?d g?t st?p?f??d. S? m?ch h?pp?n?d t? m? t?n?ght ? m?ss?d ?t. Th?s ?s g??ng t? g?t t?d???s v?ry q??ckly.

Kawl_USC

?h. ? d?d g?t st?p?f??d. S? m?ch h?pp?n?d t? m? t?n?ght ? m?ss?d ?t. Th?s ?s g??ng t? g?t t?d???s v?ry q??ckly.

I'm sure there is, but just to clarify is there an actual reason you are holding back on what happened to you last night? Otherwise, I have a nice kettle here named Blarg I could introduce you to.

Flame_AC

Yes, it'd be good if everyone would list off what all happened to them over the night.

I had nothing happen to me, nothing has hit me all game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure there is, but just to clarify is there an actual reason you are holding back on what happened to you last night? Otherwise, I have a nice kettle here named Blarg I could introduce you to.

? c?n't ?xpl??n why ? c?n't t?ll y??, b?t ?nl?k? Bl?rg ?'m n?t d??ng ?t t? b? ? n??s?nc?. ?t ?s f?r th? g??d ?f t?wn.

Kalor

So, I haven't posted anything about the night kill yet so I may as well get my thoughts down. I wouldn't be surprised if Blargonaut is targeted tonight since the Death Eaters are slowly killing the tank crew. An investigator becomes more dangerous to the scum as the number of players dwindles. Every night that they stay alive is basicly a leap of faith in the hope that they aren't picked by Blarg.

As for the horcrux, TWE must have sold it to someone who they suspected to be a Death Eater and guessed correctly. I doubt we have a Death Eater aligned thief as well since we had a neutral one.

Nothing happened to me last night, to my knowledge.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

You know the reason.

What Retroid did was a newbie mistake. You should know better than him.

Okay I'm going to reveal this theory I have. Unfortunately it will expose someone to scum (if they haven't picked up on it already) but they have enough targets on their plate anyway.

Remember Gorlak being blocked N3 when trying to block Christina? Something about Expelliarmus?

And then remember how he thought I had a passive roleblock (proven wrong by Retroid also getting Dementor'ed)?

What if Expelliarmus is the passive roleblock?

Whose signature move is Expelliarmus?

What if Christina Mackenzie is Harry Potter???

Vote With Christina for TheAwesomePossum

If I'm wrong and Christina is scum (she was part of my Sinister Six after all) then... oops. If I'm right and Christina dies, then... oops.

Just what were you trying to prove?

Gorlak

Banned
As for the horcrux, TWE must have sold it to someone who they suspected to be a Death Eater and guessed correctly. I doubt we have a Death Eater aligned thief as well since we had a neutral one.

Eh? The ring could be in town hands as well, why would anyone publicly mark themselves as a target? TWE gave the ring away, that's all we know.
We should talk about the horcrux win condition and I want honest answers from Blarg. Retroid obviously revealed something you wanted to stay hidden. Sounded like Town would have to keep up the fight against death eaters if the horcruxes are gone. How does this fit in your world Blarg?

Either you're lying or you haven't been told.

What Retroid did was a newbie mistake. You should know better than him.

Just what were you trying to prove?

I changed my Retroid vote and tried to save him. That's all. Did I know he was Harry Potter? No. But he did not play well. Drip-feeding hints about a PR when the deadline is coming up did not help.

If I post the above earlier and retract my vote, then maybe things could've been different.

Kalor

Eh? The ring could be in town hands as well, why would anyone publicly mark themselves as a target? TWE gave the ring away, that's all we know.
We should talk about the horcrux win condition and I want honest answers from Blarg. Retroid obviously revealed something you wanted to stay hidden. Sounded like Town would have to keep up the fight against death eaters if the horcruxes are gone. How does this fit in your world Blarg?

Either you're lying or you haven't been told.

I did think about it being in town's hands but yet I completely missed out on the idea that they didn't want to put a target on their back.

I haven't been told about any night actions on myself, did you use your role on me?

Kawl_USC

Crab, Gorlak... both of you could have saved Retroid but you didn't act.

I could have as well. Some people aren't down with sub 3 minute shenanigans without a solid lead on who to lynch. Next time acting sooner to save someone would be preferred.

Also I'm curious as to how you were certain of retroids role while he was uncertain of yours?

▶

roytheone

Yeah, it sucks Retroid turned out to be such a powerful role, but I still think he played it badly and that he made himself suspicious. The way he handled his role claim was also not great, far to late and he didn't even fully claimed, which still makes no sense to me.

Also, nothing happened to me during the night. So unless the mark has some super weird long term effect, which I doubt, the mark doesn't seem to do anything bad when you have it. I am curious who Gorlak targeted this night, we do need to keep an eye on his actions to make sure he keeps working for town.

Also, Crab, I asked you this yesterday but you didn't answer it yet (and now that you are stupidfied this will be a bit more awkward, but i still want to know): you said you "suspected" gorlak could be recruited by scum. What made you think that and how strong is this suspicion? A scum gorlak would be a huge danger to town, while a neutral Gorlak working for town could have its uses.

So, I haven't posted anything about the night kill yet so I may as well get my thoughts down. I wouldn't be surprised if Blargonaut is targeted tonight since the Death Eaters are slowly killing the tank crew. An investigator becomes more dangerous to the scum as the number of players dwindles. Every night that they stay alive is basicly a leap of faith in the hope that they aren't picked by Blarg.

Yeah, it is a pretty safe assumption Blarg will be targeted tonight, especially if you consider that Rynam will die tonight of his poison, so even if he watches Blarg and sees the killer visit, he will die before he can tell us :(

However, can you tell me why TWE must have sold it to a death eater? He could also have sold it to a towny, right?

SalvaPot

Thanks nin for taking care of it, I know changing the time was not going to be a popular opinion so I am glad you have my back x).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
? h?v? ?nsw?r?d th?t b?f?r?. ?f G?rl?k c?n't b? r?cr??t?d, wh?t ?s th? p??nt ?f w?rn?ng m? th?t ?f ? d?? h?s ?d?nt?ty ?s r?v??l?d t? th? m?f??. ?f h? ?s ? n?rm?l n??tr?l, th?n ? h?v? n? r??s?n t? c?r?.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
? w??ld l??gh s? h?rd ?f Bl?rg w?s k?ll?d by ? d?y k?ll r?ght n?w.

Flame_AC

Y'all are voting Blarg just so he gives the information? I'm sure he'll give it to us, but unfortunately we must wait for when he is ready.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
well?

I'm actually serious

Do you wanna know now or later

?n ?ll h?n?sty, ? th?nk y?? ?r? r?ght ?n w?nt?ng ? r??ds l?st fr?m ?v?ry?n? B?F?R? r?v??l?ng, ?t w?ll b? ?s?f?l l?t?r.

Pl??s? d?n't r?v??l l?st h??r ?f l?st d?y th??gh.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You can vowels for vote commands. (You know, so we don't mess with the vote counter)

VOTE: Do we actually have to vote for players, or am I being slightly too inventive?

pls dnt k?ll, ?s j?k?

roytheone

? h?v? ?nsw?r?d th?t b?f?r?. ?f G?rl?k c?n't b? r?cr??t?d, wh?t ?s th? p??nt ?f w?rn?ng m? th?t ?f ? d?? h?s ?d?nt?ty ?s r?v??l?d t? th? m?f??. ?f h? ?s ? n?rm?l n??tr?l, th?n ? h?v? n? r??s?n t? c?r?.

So, do you think he is scum now? Because if you are speaking the truth, you outed him to scum as a missing partner two days ago. You would think he is recruited by now.

Top Bottom