• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

roytheone

Also, Nin and salva, if crab keeps trying to circumvent his posting restriction, so you guys want him to keep Sorian company on buzzkill island?

Tk4ybKS.png

Kawl_USC

Okay fine Blarg. Let's not do a repeat of day 2 then. Let's be a good little productive town for a day or so. Let's break out the top scum and town lists.

yeaaaahhhh

Carpe diem amirite

Forge lasting friendships that go on past your mutual school days

Build up your Support LVLs via adjacent conversation

pls

cont.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ignoring obvious towns.

Town:
Christina Mackenzie - I suspect either him or L_P. Since Retroid's PM somewhat validates CM's coded message, I'm siding with him.
MagnumBoy20xx - rather quiet, but his latest post suspecting bsp seems very town to me. There would be no reason to bring her up if he was scum since all of the votes were in Retroid already.

Scum:
Lone_Prodigy - very fishy play at the end of last day. And the reason posted today doesn't make much sense to me.
Crab - Not sure I buy the investigator role and the claims about Gorlak being recruitable. Also seems very odd to me.

Gorlak

Banned
I haven't been told about any night actions on myself, did you use your role on me?

Yes! You deserve to be punished!
(The ghost town still haunts me in my dreams)
Seriously, you are like a non-entity in this game. I didn't remember anyone taking note of you and you have just enough posts to coast through the game. You would be playing a pretty good scum part right now. A valid target to block.

But the returned pm stated to my surprise that "my target" Christina Mackenzie was punished.

---
Here is the list I made to choose my night target:

claimed town PR, likely to die soon:
Blargonaut
TheGoddamn
Rynam (poisoned)
Crab
Lord of Castamere
Christina Mackenzie

too obvious targets
Lone_Prodigy
TheAwesomePossum

feeling of towniness
Kawl_USC
Flame_AC (yes, srsly, that's a 180°)

What we have left are a whole fucking lot of coasters, the first two aren't exactly coasters:
TheExodu5
Kalor (punish)
MagnumBoy20xx
Enker
bananaspaceprincess
Matt Attack
flatearthpanda

TheExodus and Kalor can easily be seperated from the bottom five in terms of post count, but I don't remember them to take extraordinary stances or contributing someting helpful in particular. They are just here and survive, nothing worth of note, maybe scum hiding? The ghost history tipped it in Kalor's direction.

Kawl_USC

Switched on those two then? Thought that might the case between CMs post calling out gorlak and gorlak getting after Kalor. But then why didn't they get informed if Crab has been in the past?

Kawl_USC

Yes! You deserve to be punished!
(The ghost town still haunts me in my dreams)
Seriously, you are like a non-entity in this game. I didn't remember anyone taking note of you and you have just enough posts to coast through the game. You would be playing a pretty good scum part right now. A valid target to block.

But the returned pm stated to my surprise that "my target" Christina Mackenzie was punished.

---
Here is the list I made to choose my night target:

claimed town PR, likely to die soon:
Blargonaut
TheGoddamn
Rynam (poisoned)
Crab
Lord of Castamere
Christina Mackenzie

too obvious targets
Lone_Prodigy
TheAwesomePossum

feeling of towniness
Kawl_USC
Flame_AC (yes, srsly, that's a 180°)

What we have left are a whole fucking lot of coasters, the first two aren't exactly coasters:
TheExodu5
Kalor (punish)
MagnumBoy20xx
Enker
bananaspaceprincess
Matt Attack
flatearthpanda

TheExodus and Kalor can easily be seperated from the bottom five in terms of post count, but I don't remember them to take extraordinary stances or contributing someting helpful in particular. They are just here and survive, nothing worth of note, maybe scum hiding? The ghost history tipped it in Kalor's direction.

Which you were waiting to see if Kalor would say that he got switched earlier. Now I follow your posts from day start.

CM did you get switched as well as blocked by Gorlak?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Switched on those two then? Thought that might the case between CMs post calling out gorlak and gorlak getting after Kalor. But then why didn't they get informed if Crab has been in the past?

N?t j?st m? - Ryn?m kn?w ?b??t wh?n h? w?s sw?tch?d t??, ?tc.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He posted the same flavor concerning the wardrobe?

Link if you could. On mobile so searching is a bit of a pain.

N?, h?s w?s pr?nk, b?t my p??nt ?s p??pl? g?t ?l?rt?d t? sw?tch?s ?n g?n?r?l. ?f K?l?r ?nd Chr?st?n? g?t sw?tch?d, th?y sh??ld kn?w ?nl?ss th?r? ?s ? 4th n?w sw?tch?r (wh?ch w??ld b? s?lly).

Kawl_USC

N?, h?s w?s pr?nk, b?t my p??nt ?s p??pl? g?t ?l?rt?d t? sw?tch?s ?n g?n?r?l. ?f K?l?r ?nd Chr?st?n? g?t sw?tch?d, th?y sh??ld kn?w ?nl?ss th?r? ?s ? 4th n?w sw?tch?r (wh?ch w??ld b? s?lly).

Right, I was wondering if anyone else had validated your flavor, since you said that you hadn't been switched last night finally, correct? So I thought if someone messed with CM it was probably the scum sided wardrobe over the town prankster. And I agree if they didn't get notified they were switched either Gorlak is lying (which would be pretty dumb) or something else is afoot.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Right, I was wondering if anyone else had validated your flavor, since you said that you hadn't been switched last night finally, correct? So I thought if someone messed with CM it was probably the scum sided wardrobe over the town prankster. And I agree if they didn't get notified they were switched either Gorlak is lying (which would be pretty dumb) or something else is afoot.

N?b?dy h?s v?l?d?t?d my fl?v??r y?t, n?. G?v?n ? w?s n?t sw?tch?d t?d?y, s?m??n? sh??ld, th??gh. ?th?rw?s? sh?n?n?g?ns.

Gorlak

Banned

Think again. It's only you who got notified about a warddrobe switch...

Kawl_USC

Th?t's ?x?ctly wh?t ? j?st s??d.

It could mean a one sided notification, so more like a bus driver role? Or a forced bodyguard for any action, versus a true switch? that or the only other explanation, besides you lying, is that you've been switched with scum every night.

I'd like CM to chime in to verify whether they got any notice of being moved.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It could mean a one sided notification, so more like a bus driver role? Or a forced bodyguard for any action, versus a true switch? that or the only other explanation, besides you lying, is that you've been switched with scum every night.

? h?v? th??ght th?s f?r ? wh?l?.

I'd like CM to chime in to verify whether they got any notice of being moved.

D?tt?.

Kawl_USC

? h?v? th??ght th?s f?r ? wh?l?.

D?tt?.
If there had been any evidence of a town sided kill I would find this doubtful given that you've popped up in some people's scum lists. However since it seems we are investigator heavy they might have been going for a frame job on you/cover for them.

Going along that theory makes me suspicious of Kalor since it was a switch with a likely town, that an investigator might have wasted to verify. Switch with a scum to get an easy town lynch today?

nin1000

Banned
Every so often, there are times where my brain does not work the way I want it to work.

To clear things up.

Kalor has been punished, not CM.

No switcher shinnegingans.

Sorry :(

Everything should be OK now.

Proceed.

I've already outlined my reasons for last day's posts. I was trying to save Retroid. If Possum was scum and lynched would we be even having this conversation?

I also noticed there was only one kill at night. Maybe LoC blocked a kill.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Going along that theory makes me suspicious of Kalor since it was a switch with a likely town, that an investigator might have wasted to verify. Switch with a scum to get an easy town lynch today?

? ?gr??.

One, I hate you all. You killed my ward. Two, you guys suck. TWE should have been lynched yesterday, now the ring is god knows where.

Three.

I protected Blarg last night. It was successful. I have 1 charge left. I feel comfortable coming forward now with my alternate-day killer theory. I believe there is a scum or neutral role that can kill every other day. They've attacked Blarg twice, likely because of the strength of his role. Scum double hit Blarg Day 2, and spread their kills out today. It's the explanation that makes the most sense to me.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a muti-shot town vig hit Crab/Burb and TheGoddamned. Possibly they took Blargs theory to heart. I don't know. Sirius? I feel if anyone from lore would be a Vigilante it's Sirius.

The repercussions of last night are high. Unless we have another pr that will swoop in tonight, Blarg will die, and I will die soon after. We cannot afford to mislynch for much longer. Though with the bulk of our power roles gone, I guess the roleblocker will be voided. We need to hit scum and soon.

Kawl_USC

Every so often, there are times where my brain does not work the way I want it to work.

To clear things up.

Kalor has been punished, not CM.

No switcher shinnegingans.

Sorry :(

Everything should be OK now.

Proceed.

Well damn. We had top men on the case. Top. Men.

Kawl_USC

I've already outlined my reasons for last day's posts. I was trying to save Retroid. If Possum was scum and lynched would we be even having this conversation?

I also noticed there was only one kill at night. Maybe LoC blocked a kill.

No. But knowing Possims flip changes the ways we can perceive your action.

Has there been multiple night kills not from poison so far?

Kalor

So I was punished then... good thing it was cleared up early before the switcher idea was furthur built up. I do believe we have another killer but two killers and a poisoner seems a bit much.

Gorlak

Banned
WTF?

Lone_Prodigy? Lord of Castamere? What are you talking about?

TheGoddamn and TheWorthyEdge died, 2 victims like every night since the poison kicked in.

WTF?

Lone_Prodigy? Lord of Castamere? What are you talking about?

TheGoddamn and TheWorthyEdge died, 2 victims like every night since the poison kicked in.

I've blocked 2 kills. 1 on Night 2, and 1 on Night 4. N2 was in the tangled switchers nest of Burb, Blarg, and Crarb, and the other was a direct hit on Blarg last night.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Alright,I just finished my last final for the semester, so I will have a lot more time to dedicate to the game. So let's get started!

First off, it sucks that Retroid got lynched. If he had actually tried to save himself 30 minutes before the deadline, he might still be here. Also poor TheGD, we now have no town switchers. As for TWE...well at least he was telling the truth about being nutral.

I've never done a reads list before, so let me know if you want more detail from me.

03 [m] Kawl_USC - town, usually has similar opinions as me.

04 [m] Rynam - town, living on his last day :(

05 [m] TheExodu5 - unknown but leaning town, sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I don't.

07 [m] Arkos was replaced by Flatearthpandas - unknown. Was a replacement, so I haven't really been able to get a good read on him.

08 [f] bananaspaceprincess - scum, for same reasons I said in my post on the last day phase but mainly because I don't understand why she is so dead set on lynching crab.

10 [m] Gorlak - unknown, claims neutral and seems to be play with town but crab claims the he could potentially be recruited by scum.

12 [m] Flame_AC - town, usually agree with him

13 [-] Enker - unknown, has done nothing scummy nor blown my mind with town play just kinda middle of the road.

14 [m] TheAwesomePossum - unknown, I kinda see him as town but CM brought up an interesting possibility for him to be scum.

16 [m] Matt Attack - unknown, has pretty much a nonfactor so far.

18 [m] Crab - town, helped Lynch hyper and normally has fantastic reads.

20 [m] Blargonaut - TOWN, he is the person I trust the most even with the cryptic messages.

21 [m] Kalor - unknown leaning town, seems to have town's best interest in mind.

23 [m] Lord of Castamere - unknown, can't get a solid read on him at all.

24 [m] Christina Mackenzie - town, tried to save retroid and used his power role(which we still don't know what it said.)

25 [m] Lone_Prodigy - unknown, he kinda flip-flops town/scum for me. Right now he is leaning town.

26 [m] roytheone unknown leaning town, no reason in particular just a gut feeling.

And that should be it for my reads. Hopefully we can hear what Blarg has to say soon.

And my investigation was on TheAwesomePossum because of yesterday's shenanigans, but again, there was nothing present.

As Crab said, I didn't do anything during the previous night phase. I don't have any special powers or commands during night phase nor am I scum for that matter.

Which leads me to this...

Joining the bandwagon last time got me in trouble so I'm going with my own hunch today.

VOTE: TheAwesomePossum

kingkitty needed to be found by his fellow Death Eaters in order regain his powers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186500645&postcount=1558

His first vote on Day 1 was TheAwesomePossum.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185335076&postcount=251

Towards the end, he hints with the words "lucky buddies" and "lost partner" as if to suggest he can be recruited.

His second and final vote on Day 1 was Hyperactivity, confirmed Death Eater.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185500934&postcount=361

Here he's nowhere near as subtle as before.

I don't recall TheAwesomePossum doing much for the past day. If you're looking for Death Eaters even they know not to hover too near to the bottom of the post counts.

Okay, I know y'all didn't have the greatest leads yesterday because of all of the madness throughout. However, that doesn't mean go full desperation mode. This is the weakest link I have ever seen in this game other than random votes on Blarg. The only reason kingkitty put that vote on me in the first place is because I thought day 1 started later than it actually did. This basically made me a perfect target for scum like him during the day phase. Once I cleared my situation up, he immediately retracted his vote in order to not seem suspicious.

So yeah, I'm going to keep VERY CLOSE EYES on the people who IMMEDIATELY bandwagon'd me like that with pure desperation and the weakest fucking link possible.

roytheone

24 [m] Christina Mackenzie - town, tried to save retroid and used his power role(which we still don't know what it said.)

I do think Christina is town after he made that post trying to save retroid, but I kind of want this to be made clear : Christina, that coded post was not a result of your power role command, right? It was not highlighted so I think it wasn't a real power command.

Hi guys. Nothing happened to me last night either. I'm disappointed that TWE didn't let the ring die with him, but I still think not lynching him was the most sensible course of action.

l
So yeah, I'm going to keep VERY CLOSE EYES on the people who IMMEDIATELY bandwagon'd me like that with pure desperation and the weakest fucking link possible.

I didn't think Retroid was scum and the way things were going, he was definitely going to get lynched. CM came out with a case against you that, while far from definitive, was actually sort of compelling. Between somebody who I thought was town and you (I didn't have much of a read on you), the choice for my vote was pretty clear. You are right though that I was desperate, because I honestly had no clue who to vote for (I'd like to have voted Gorlak out, but the fact that he's tied to Crab makes it complicated).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He did found kitty though, was that just purely a lucky guess? I kind of doubt it.

? s?pp?s?. ? m?ght b? p?tt?ng t?? m?ch c?nf?d?nc? ?n my ?wn r?l?, b?t fr?nkly Bl?rg's pl?y h?s b??n s? ?nc?ns?st?nt. ?nly 2 ?nv?st?g?t??ns, ?nd th?s ?n? s??ms b?zz?r?.

Th?t s??d, my b?t ?s Bl?rg d??s t?n?ght, s? w?'ll f?nd ??t s??n.

Top Bottom