• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Flame_AC

I'm only worried in Killing a good Player with a Power Role before he/she can use the power at least one time.

I get that, but that's why it's a good idea to get Burb right now. We know what he is and so we won't run the risk of eliminating someone with a great role, unless of course he lied to us.

Exactly, which is why Burb should probably die today. Kill the known quantity, and clean the conversation slate.

I'm not voting yet to avoid any mischief, but I will firmly say at this point that barring any unforseen occurrences I will be voting Burb.

I agree, and you'll want to make sure you get you're vote in as it is very close.

For me Flame_AC has been acting a bit aggressive for some time now, he has been pushing my lynch lot of his posts ever since he noted that he was running for being the top leader in votes. It's kinda interesting, though for now I can't really pinpoint if it gives my scumvibes or not. Trying to kickstart a bandwagon...?

I think people would agree that I'm hawkish for a lynch, whether or not you think that is a bad thing is up to you. I pushed for others to join me in voting for you so that way we wouldn't be deadlocked and end up with a no lynch, which is even worse then killing a town player.

Flame_AC

Vote: No Lynch

Reasoning: no lynch is better than lynching Burb. There's a huge chance he's town, and he does not need to be a subject of conversation moving forward. I'm fine with trusting him unless we get information otherwise.

Vote: No Lynch

You both are making an anti-town move in voting for a no lynch. Burb is likely town, but he is a distracting town that Death Eaters can focus the daily conversation on. The longer Burb stays alive, the more his claim falls apart and the more we have to believe him.

Is there anything I can do to convince either of you?

Flame_AC

I'm distracting town player only if you want to think so, Flame. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So you don't think that on Day 2/3/4 when you haven't been killed during the night, that it would be extremely suspicious? A 'confirmed' town player is a mafia's worst enemy as the town can coalesce around them. If the Death Eaters leave you be for a couple of days, no one here will trust you and you will once again be the focus of conversation. I'd rather talk about other people too, but I know that you will be a topic so long as you survive.

nin1000

Banned
Crabs vote is still on me on the count.

Day 1 votes

no lynch (4)
gorlak 105
rynam 337
theexodu5 391
retroid 401

rynam (1)
hyperactivity 109 (305)
roytheone 335 (386)
zippedpinhead 389

burbeting (3)
thegoddamn 159
crab 162
blargonaut 168 (296)
flame_ac 345
kingkitty 398

flame_ac (1)
kalor 167
hyperactivity 305 (358)

theawesomepossum (0)
kingkitty 251 (294)

sawneeks (1)
swamped 265

arkos (0)
lone_prodigy 281 (316)

magnumboy20xx (0)
bananaspaceprincess 313 (334)

gorlak (0)
magnumboy20xx 332 (356)

hyperactivity (0)
kingkitty 361 (398)

matt attack (0)
lord of castamere 364 (383)

swamped (1)
burbeting 388

lord of castamere (1)
blargonaut 394

roytheone

So you don't think that on Day 2/3/4 when you haven't been killed during the night, that it would be extremely suspicious? A 'confirmed' town player is a mafia's worst enemy as the town can coalesce around them. If the Death Eaters leave you be for a couple of days, no one here will trust you and you will once again be the focus of conversation. I'd rather talk about other people too, but I know that you will be a topic so long as you survive.

I disagree. Yeah, if burbeting stays alive, he will always be a thought in the back of our minds and may be discussed during the day, but you make it sound like that would prevent us from talking about other things. Day phases are 4 days long, I think we can talk about burbeting and other people at the same time.

Kalor

I think that Burb should live today but if we still have a no lynch lead tomorrow then I will change my vote to him. Ideally someone else would also be in the running by that time and I would vote for them. Who that is is the problem.

Burbeting

Banned

It's exactly this mentality that will lead the Mafia to keep me alive, to make people like you keep mentioning me time and time again, and make the game distracted from the game.

However consider this:
In this case, is the fault really on me?
Or is it on the players who do keep putting me as the main topic of the day, people who would not like to talk about other players, other than me?

I would say definitely the latter. And there is a good chance there would be scums there. Could very well be in Day 1 too.

I'm surely biased on this case, because I am the topic of conversation here, but I will say that I could be an easy target for bandwagoning, at least for Scum team.

This might go bit meta, but in the last game (NX Mafia), when a Miller claimed D1, this was the first reactions of the scum team:

Scum 1: Did not comment, said he would think about it later. Did not really return to the subject.

Scum 2: I believe the claim, but could be a problem, might need to lynch said person.

Scum 3: I believe the claim, maybe shouldn't lynch. I will accept lynch, if we obtain information about it.

Might not mean anything, but both Scums who commented there had kinda similar first reactions.

Scums 2/3 both fit this criteria. They both believed said Miller was the real deal, yet pushed lightly on the Miller's lynch. However, in this case the Miller did not stay as the hot potato-topic of the game, even though he survived almost until the end (was NK'd).

Rynam

I get that, but that's why it's a good idea to get Burb right now. We know what he is and so we won't run the risk of eliminating someone with a great role, unless of course he lied to us.

I'll unvote for now, and think about it tonight/later tomorrow morning(europe time).

UNVOTE

Burbeting

Banned
Maybe it's because he is Darth Icky XD

I will post at least once before the the deadline, unfortunately can't right now...

Well that could be annoying, since I might not see in time you had posted :<.

Some players have disappeared completely from the face of the world at the moment. TheGoddamn for instance posted last time three days ago, which was a vote for me. I guess I would want to hear more about his thoughts. Same with Crab, and TWE, altho they would need their proxies, so their situation is understandable.

Retroid

You both are making an anti-town move in voting for a no lynch. Burb is likely town, but he is a distracting town that Death Eaters can focus the daily conversation on. The longer Burb stays alive, the more his claim falls apart and the more we have to believe him.

Is there anything I can do to convince either of you?

So if I play mafia with you again, and I am miller, I should stay quiet because your policy is to just get rid of any doubt? There is going to be doubt if Burb goes, or if he stays. If anything I should start to consider voting you because you are making an anti-town move, getting rid of someone who is most likely town.

X7hyMqZ.gif

hey, if the 'No Lynch' option gets majority vote, will Burb be off the hook

SalvaPot

Mods backing me up here, VOTE

Also everyone voting no lynch is on my suspicion list for the following days. You're letting scum make the first play here

Vote means Voting No Lynch is perfectly valid, if you don´t vote any way you want it does not count as No Lynch.

roytheone

I find it kind of funny that a lot of the arguments against Burbeting are in the line of "he will be a distraction later in the game", while we have blarg running around doing his traditional thingy which will probably be much more of a distraction for us later in the game then burb.

VOTE: Blargonaut

In the beginning of the game he said he was pro no-lynch, but in the meantime he has put votes on burbeting and now LoC without really explaining his reasoning. I know asking blarg for explanation is probably a fools errand, but hey, I am going to try it anyway :)

Sawneeks

Banned
I just noticed what time this Day Phase ends and I won't be here around that time. Or for 7 to 8 hours before that either. That's the time I get up and drive to work so I will be a no show for end of the day shenanigans for this game unless the time changes. Sorry folks. :(

It's exactly this mentality that will lead the Mafia to keep me alive, to make people like you keep mentioning me time and time again, and make the game distracted from the game.

However consider this:
Or is it on the players who do keep putting me as the main topic of the day, people who would not like to talk about other players, other than me?

I would say definitely the latter. And there is a good chance there would be scums there. Could very well be in Day 1 too.

Scums 2/3 both fit this criteria. They both believed said Miller was the real deal, yet pushed lightly on the Miller's lynch. However, in this case the Miller did not stay as the hot potato-topic of the game, even though he survived almost until the end (was NK'd).

While I wholeheartedly agree we should keep you alive it seems like a good amount of the others don't think this should be the case. I know it's Day 1 so they aren't going to be strong but could you post a list of reads on everyone? Specifically with your 'Miller Scum Tell' points in mind? If you do end up being lynched and flip Town then it would be really beneficial for us if you have your thoughts down.

Nice, we're drawing lines in the sand. On mobile now, but will look at those that jumped late on a wagon, or jumped off nearly as quickly.

Being banned is disappointing as they can't adequately defend themselves and have an excuse for low activity. I've never been a fan of sparing new players either. Role assignments don't discriminate.

I don't buy Burb being a Miller but I think he's Snape.

Burbeting

Banned
I just noticed what time this Day Phase ends and I won't be here around that time. Or for 7 to 8 hours before that either. That's the time I get up and drive to work so I will be a no show for end of the day shenanigans for this game unless the time changes. Sorry folks. :(

While I wholeheartedly agree we should keep you alive it seems like a good amount of the others don't think this should be the case. I know it's Day 1 so they aren't going to be strong but could you post a list of reads on everyone? Specifically with your 'Miller Scum Tell' points in mind? If you do end up being lynched and flip Town then it would be really beneficial for us if you have your thoughts down.

I could post reads on everyone, but problem is that so many people have said so little, that there will be lot of "dunno what to think about this person" with just four to five pages of posts/28 players. But I'll look on what I can do, at least with the Miller reactions.

Flame_AC

I disagree. Yeah, if burbeting stays alive, he will always be a thought in the back of our minds and may be discussed during the day, but you make it sound like that would prevent us from talking about other things. Day phases are 4 days long, I think we can talk about burbeting and other people at the same time.

That's because I think he will siphon all the discussion. Anyone who might have drawn some suspicion during the previous day or night can just deflect onto Burbeting and bring up the arguments others and I have as to why you are still alive. I'm basing my reasoning off of other games where it is extremely hard to talk about another topic when there's one that still hasn't been settled from other days.

I think that Burb should live today but if we still have a no lynch lead tomorrow then I will change my vote to him. Ideally someone else would also be in the running by that time and I would vote for them. Who that is is the problem.

I doubt, but hope, we'll get any slip ups as everyone knows who the main target is today.

However consider this:

Can you blame me or others for questioning while you're still alive? I mentioned earlier how a 'confirmed' townie is the most dangerous enemy against a Death Eater. We don't want to make you a topic, but the longer you live, the more likely you are to be at the forefront of our discussion.

I'll unvote for now, and think about it tonight/later tomorrow morning(europe time).

UNVOTE

If there's anything I can do to convince you that a no lynch is extremely anti-town, let me know.

So if I play mafia with you again, and I am miller, I should stay quiet because your policy is to just get rid of any doubt? There is going to be doubt if Burb goes, or if he stays. If anything I should start to consider voting you because you are making an anti-town move, getting rid of someone who is most likely town.

Yeah, at least until later in the game. We eliminate a source of conflict on later days as that is exactly what the Death Eaters would want, they want us to focus on someone like Burb who is somehow still alive on like Day 5. If you think what I'm doing is anti-town, well, I just don't understand your reasoning. All I want to do is make it so we have a good Day 2 or Day 3, this day is always going to be bad for the town, but it is a necessary evil for us to gain information.

Mods backing me up here, VOTE

Also everyone voting no lynch is on my suspicion list for the following days. You're letting scum make the first play here

I'm with you on going for the no lynchers, it's the most anti-town thing to do besides not participating at all.

Retroid

Yeah, at least until later in the game. We eliminate a source of conflict on later days as that is exactly what the Death Eaters would want, they want us to focus on someone like Burb who is somehow still alive on like Day 5. If you think what I'm doing is anti-town, well, I just don't understand your reasoning. All I want to do is make it so we have a good Day 2 or Day 3, this day is always going to be bad for the town, but it is a necessary evil for us to gain information.

From what I understand, the gathering of information is based on what we vote, not on who is killed, so that information is already there, no matter what. As far as creating conflict in later days, can't you just say that it's acting anti-town like you are right now with me, and target them?

Burbeting

Banned
Listen, you say that if I survive more than the first night, I will be surely the main hot potato of the game for rest of the game as well. This is exactly what the Scum would want, which would keep me alive, thus then validate your theory. So yes, it would be a very self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not saying that questioning me is a bad thing, on the contrary, it's propably a good thing to do. But it does not need to be the main topic of day 1, nor later days if I stay alive. It only becomes a main topic of conversation every day, if people make it so. Let's put it this way: Right now only one pushing me to the main topic of conversation is you, Flame.

The Scum team knows I'm not a Scum. Also, for them it would be beneficial to keep me the main topic for all the times, so people wouldn't think about other people. Team Scum would most likely also want to push for my lynch any day too, as it would be a very safe lynch for them. They might want to keep me alive for few more days just to spin this narrative.

Flame keeps pushing me as the main topic + Scums wanting most likely to keep me main topic = Flame is ???

Sawneeks

Banned
I could post reads on everyone, but problem is that so many people have said so little, that there will be lot of "dunno what to think about this person" with just four to five pages of posts/28 players. But I'll look on what I can do, at least with the Miller reactions.

It's really just whoever you can get a read on even if that is only 4 or 5 people max.

What information? I still stand by my opinion that Burb is the safe lynch today and gets us no information other than a confirmation on a role. A role I don't think Burb is lying about. So what information would we be getting? Vote info?? It looks like it's coming down to Burb vs. No Lynch, both poor options and one isn't even a person that can change throughout the game. What info can be gained there, especially if Burb dies now?

I don't like a No Lynch as much as you do but I don't see why lynching Burb gains us info.

Flame_AC

From what I understand, the gathering of information is based on what we vote, not on who is killed, so that information is already there, no matter what. As far as creating conflict in later days, can't you just say that it's acting anti-town like you are right now with me, and target them?

I don't think I understand what you're getting at. I'm not looking to create conflict, I'm trying to eliminate someone who I think will hurt discussion moving forward. I don't think we can ignore him if we simply allow him to live on Day 2/3/4/5, the longer he lives, the more likely he is to take a day's discussion.

Flame keeps pushing me as the main topic + Scums wanting most likely to keep me main topic = Flame is ???

I understand your argument, but if I was scum, then I would be content to say we should look at you later. A scum wouldn't forcefully push for such a good distraction's lynch on Day 1, as you say yourself they'd rather you be the main topic. For what it's worth, I believe your claim, mostly, but I think you staying alive will hurt future days of discussion and that's a shame as you seem to be a nice active player.

What info can be gained there, especially if Burb dies now?

I don't like a No Lynch as much as you do but I don't see why lynching Burb gains us info.

The information I refer to is that which we will be able to gain on future days when he isn't there to distract us. I don't think he is completely lying either, but a safe vote like this, on a person who will be distracting us on future days, even if we try to ignore what's going on, is the best option. We are losing a likely town member now in order to save some of us later on. As far as Day 1 has gone in other GAF games, I think this is a pretty clear decision we should all make.

Listen, you say that if I survive more than the first night, I will be surely the main hot potato of the game for rest of the game as well. This is exactly what the Scum would want, which would keep me alive, thus then validate your theory. So yes, it would be a very self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm not saying that questioning me is a bad thing, on the contrary, it's propably a good thing to do. But it does not need to be the main topic of day 1, nor later days if I stay alive. It only becomes a main topic of conversation every day, if people make it so. Let's put it this way: Right now only one pushing me to the main topic of conversation is you, Flame.

The Scum team knows I'm not a Scum. Also, for them it would be beneficial to keep me the main topic for all the times, so people wouldn't think about other people. Team Scum would most likely also want to push for my lynch any day too, as it would be a very safe lynch for them. They might want to keep me alive for few more days just to spin this narrative.

Followed you up to the end. I'd prefer not to lynch you as I believe you, although if the no lynch crowd gets too large I might do it (no lynch is unfathomably stupid, also if my attempt to lynch a less useful player fail). But I don't think Flame pushing you as the main topic (let's be honest, asides from the other stupid argument, you are the main topic) on Day 1 is bad.

You say scum would try to keep you alive and push this topic around in later days. But Flameis pushing this topic so everyone has to make up their minds right now

I'm still sticking with not voting as I don't have a half-decent read on anybody yet. I will eventually vote since a "no lynch" vote seems counter-productive as hell for town because scum will have an advantage on us after the night phase.

Flame_AC

I'm still sticking with not voting as I don't have a half-decent read on anybody yet. I will eventually vote since a "no lynch" vote seems counter-productive as hell for town because scum will have an advantage on us after the night phase.

Could you perhaps indicate which way you are leaning right now?

Retroid

I don't think I understand what you're getting at. I'm not looking to create conflict, I'm trying to eliminate someone who I think will hurt discussion moving forward. I don't think we can ignore him if we simply allow him to live on Day 2/3/4/5, the longer he lives, the more likely he is to take a day's discussion.

What I was trying to say is, right now you are calling me scum for not wanting to eliminate Burb as you think (and it very well could) it will cause distractions in the future days. I'm suggesting that the people who cause major distractions like that could also be seen as scum.

Flame_AC

What I was trying to say is, right now you are calling me scum for not wanting to eliminate Burb as you think (and it very well could) it will cause distractions in the future days. I'm suggesting that the people who cause major distractions like that could also be seen as scum.

I'm not saying you have a chance at being scum, which I don't think you are, but anyone who votes no lynch is fair game to lynch tomorrow as it the most anti-town move someone could make. I'm fine with lynching anyone who is anti-town. If you want to get rid of someone other than Burb, I'd love to know who it is so we can all pursue it.

Gorlak

Banned
Roy, I like your way of thinking. I was going to call out on Blarg, but you were faster. He has been nothing but cryptic.

Vote: Blargonaut

As we can see Burb is the main topic and will be tomorrow, no matter how he defends himself ("trust me"&"don't talk about me"?). I can see myself jumping on the wagon against him, to have the distraction out of the way. Even if I tend to believe him. Argh, but maybe... I don't know.

I don't have much time at the moment, but somebody had a solid reasoning against burb until he mentioned letting neutrals win because it's fun. Have to look into this tomorrow, it was really weird to read.

Alright guys. I wanted to let this day play out as naturally as possible before dropping this, and now we're approaching the deadline. I promise you, this isn't a gambit. I didn't come to this decision lightly, but I believe it's for the best.

I am Town, and I have a role. But I consider my role to be very anti-Town. Ideally I would simply choose not to utilize it, but that choice won't always be given to me. I believe I am too dangerous to be kept alive. I am intentionally being vague about this, because if I survive into the night, the enemy could use this information against us.

Some of you are nervous about hitting a powerful role, and four of you are even voting for the dreaded No Lynch. I am offering myself as a safe lynch target for today. Put your vote on me, and we can eliminate a liability.

Swamped

Banned
This game is actually huge. I feel so distant from so many of you :(

I think the question of how I chose my DA members popped up a bit, so I'll address that first.

DA MEMBERS
1. CM
2. Kawl
3. BSP
4. Burb
5. Roy
6. Rynam
7. Gorlak
8. TheExodu5

Wasn't exactly a random choice, but wasn't thoughtfully handpicked either. I tried gathering people who were for a no lynch, but I also have people voting for players in this list too, because I think they are town.

CM - because I like his avatar (yes, I am that shallow). Also, just a gut feeling based on his posts
Kawl - he was the one who suggested making a D1 alliance, but he didn't really respond when I did, so I don't know what to make of that. Also, why was he so nervous to make his own alliance in the first place? Was he scared it would get him lynched? Was he nervous about bringing too much attention to himself? I don't think that's the case, I feel like he is one of the more visible players right now. But I'll keep an eye out.
BSP - I just liked how she really tried to understand Blarg's posts. I feel like scum would have just stayed far away and made some excuse to throw shade at Blarg saying he's a distraction or something.
Burb - If he really is a miller, claiming D1 was the most town thing he could do. Because he claimed, he feels townier than a lot of other players (in my opinion). So far nothing in his posts screams scum. I really do trust him as of now, and I am extremely wary of those who want to lynch him. If you really want to lynch someone, it should be anyone but Burb.
Roy - The way he has replied to my posts just feels like Town Roy. I could be terribly wrong of course, but that's just how I feel right now. I am aware that he has just voted for Blarg, but I think he's doing it to make a point.
Rynam - I wanted to see how a newbie would react to my 'trusting' him openly. I...guess I didn't really get much from him. His reaction felt pretty standard, which is why I'm slightly leaning town on him.
Gorlak - he's being fairly aggressive, but that doesn't mean he's a Death Eater. He started off with a No Lynch vote. Surely he would have known that that would bring him a lot of attention, especially in GAFia where we always lynch someone D1. I don't think that was a Death Eater move
Exodus - Again, wanted to see how a newbie would react, as I am still trying to gauge people's playstyles. I generally felt more positive about his reactions though, definitely leaning town on him.

Hope that answers some questions.

I don't buy Burb being a Miller but I think he's Snape.

Do explain this if possible. In your opinion, has Burb done anything that suggests he could be lying or giving half-truths about his role? I'm totally not saying he hasn't, I just want to hear more about what you think.

swamped, care to tell me why did you put Exodu5 in your "top town" list, when he had posted just two sentences long post before it? It seemed kinda weird inclusion, since at that point he had not said anything, really (which has changed now, obviously). You mentioned something about him responding to you about something, but could you point out to me what it was, because I seriously can't find it. At this point I feel like you put him there for no reason, so bit more explanation would be good.

See above. Rynam had posted less than Exodus btw, so why didn't you include him in your question?

---

Regarding lynch vs no lynch, I'm really vacillating right now. No lynch honestly doesn't give us much to work with. Initially I was for a no lynch because I thought that there were loads of PRs and I wanted everyone a chance to do someone useful. I also predicted that N1 would not be an ordinary night. But maybe I'm thinking a little too deeply about these things. It's possible that not every role is super useful. It's also likely that there are ordinary student roles as well.

I'm definitely unvoting Sawneeks. Our thoughts on Burb align so far. Also, her responses to me feel Town-like, although I have never seen Scum-Sawneeks...!

I really want to vote for Flame_AC for pushing against Burb so hard. It feels like Flame is intentionally wanting to shift discussion to Burb. But he has not changed his opinion regarding Burb, which I think scum would do? Crab also voted for Burb (and then unvoted). Thing is, I don't want to punish someone for actually expressing their opinion, especially when there are so many other players who are completely under the radar:

AwesomePossum
TheGoddamn
Rats
Matt

Wait, why isn't Kalor on this list?! He's always under everyone's radar XD But somehow, he has more presence in this game that those players.

I think scum is probably trying to blend in. So if I decide to not No lynch, I'll vote for one of those players.

LoC is also worrying me, he says he believes Burb, but is also pushing others to vote for him.

I'm still inclined to believe Burb honestly. I think there was way to much risk for him to claim this early. I feel bad for him too. It's a fucked role. Claim now and risk possible death or claim after investigation and risk certain death. Do or don't certainly.

Im not sure who to lynch today. I'm kinda leaning Blarg because of how distracting he'll be but I'm not sure enough to cast. Not enough info yet. I'll mull it over today and make a gut call.

Ill probably throw a pressure vote out later at the very least.

Exactly, which is why Burb should probably die today. Kill the known quantity, and clean the conversation slate.

The easy choice isn't necessarily a bad one.

I'm not voting yet to avoid any mischief, but I will firmly say at this point that barring any unforseen occurrences I will be voting Burb.

UnVote: Matt Attack

He also talks about lynching Blarg, who I think is too easy of a target.

Hmm...I actually wanted to vote for Rats, because he hasn't really done anything of note, and I expected him to be more active (in another game he said he was not good at D1's, but even in that game he was more active, and even posted a reads list). Pretty much all he has done is agree with some posts others made. But I think I'll vote for LoC instead.

VOTE: Lord of Castamere

Flame_AC

I don't have much time at the moment, but somebody had a solid reasoning against burb until he mentioned letting neutrals win because it's fun. Have to look into this tomorrow, it was really weird to read.

That was me, it happened in Cthulhu and we had to make a choice. We could gain a benefit to the town, but a 3rd party would have to win. We took that choice, it was against Blarg actually, and it worked out in our favor. If Burb is somehow a neutral whose job it is to get lynched, I'm pretty sure it would be the first time that happened in a GAF game and it would be a very controversial and unpopular role, I think. If Burb is that role, then fine, let him win and he can get out of the game as a winner, and we don't have to focus on him in our future discussions.

Burbeting

Banned
Okay so, I roughly looked at the Miller first reactions, and tried to put them in four different categories:

Please note, that this is primarily on FIRST REACTIONS. After first reactions there can and will be changes, but the first reaction is usually the most genuine. For later reactions, scum team might have already discussed a strategy.

In this case first impressions: Next few posts the player made after the claim

Believe the claim for now, should not by lynched, maybe mistrusted. Possibly should be lynched soon:
Kawl
Kalor (Thinks I should be lynched later, maybe)
Magnumboy
Sawneeks
Lord of Castamere (although said that he had some doubts about the claim. NOTE: after this, he changed his stance onto ”should be lynched”, but this was not the first impression.)
roytheone (Note: roy was a scum in a game where the miller was claimed last time, NX. There he believed the claim, but said that lynch for info would be ok, so there is a change.)
Christina Mackenzie (Said that might need to return to later, but not necessarily ’soon’)
Retroid (Questions if I’m actually aligned to something else, so not fully believing claim)
Swamped
TheExodu5
Rynam
Rats off to ya

Believe the claim, should be lynched now:
Crab (Voted first, deleted said vote later, although his stance did not change, I think)
Blargonaut (Wanted lynch now. Unvoted later, but that was not a first impression)
Flame_AC (So far is definitely the one who wants me dead most)

Believe the claim, should be lynched soon:
kingkitty (believes claim sorta, but says that I should be lynched soonish)
Arkos (He seemed bit uncertain about his stance, but I put him here. A bit similar to one of the scum reactions)

Don’t believe the claim, should be lynched now:
TheGoddamn (At first believed, changed his stance quickly, so I still count it as first impression)

Outliers:
Lone_Prodigy (Believes Snape, not Miller. Not sure about his stance on lynch, I guess not)
Matt Attack (Does not believe the claim, does not speak about lynching)
Bananaspaceprincess (Believes claim, doesn’t want to vote me, but couldn’t think of anyone else, either)
TheWorthyEdge (Just said is not completely convinced, said nothing about possible lynching)
AwesomePossum (Didn’t mention if he believes the claim, just said he will ”keep an eye on him”)
Gorlak (He kinda talks about it, but then really doesn’t. I couldn’t really figure out his stance)

Has not said anything about the case/reaction came much later:
Enker (completely skipped it)
zipperpinhead (At first, he didn’t really comment. Some vague stuff later, but that is not a first impression anymore)
Hyperactivity (Did not comment anything at the start, really. Anything later than that is not really first impressions)

This is just raw data for now, but I’ll try to use it later for reference.

Flame_AC

Some of you are nervous about hitting a powerful role, and four of you are even voting for the dreaded No Lynch. I am offering myself as a safe lynch target for today. Put your vote on me, and we can eliminate a liability.

What an interesting gambit you are running, could you possibly elaborate on what might happen if you stay alive?

A question for the no lynch voters:

Do you want us to rely on prs the entire game? That can go devastatingly wrong.
Do you want us to rely on "reads"? What, the most inefficient and inaccurate way of finding scum?

Voting info is hard data that we can be assured to always have. A town that is looking at voting patterns, especially once scum bodies start showing up, is far more likely to beat scum. At that point, scum can only delay their turn to get lynched, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm just going to steal another post from another game:

Alright, here's my crazy logic for the day. Some scum likely voted for KK. Some Scum would have avoided him to avoid association with other scum. Would the Scum have simply not voted? Doubtful, considering how much we harped on it, and the fact that they would have gotten pressure from their own chat as well.

So if we go with the smaller pool of players, we had 4 votes NOT on KK. Nin and myself voted for Sorian. Hyper and Kalor voted for Salva. I know that I'm not Mafia, and I'm pretty certain that Nin isn't, thanks to Cabot. So for now, I'm going to vote for either Hyper or Kalor. I'll switch with Kalor initially, because I still worry about him from D1.

Vote: Kalor

Cabot, if you agree with this in general, post a corgi meme. Everyone else, get your votes in somewhere, please. It's irritating to see 3 people didn't vote yesterday.

At that point, my only strategy was to delay for days to live. My strategy in that game (as scum) was to delay my death till the next day or day after. And this post put me into that list of players people would consider lynching.

When a scum player is in line for getting lynched, which every scum player is if we force them to vote, they will have to play much more actively to delay their lynch.

And the more we force scum players to provide, the more likely we catch them

VOTING and LYNCHING are CRUCIAL for scum-catching

roytheone

I still think flame is underestimating the ability of this group to ensure Burb doesn't become to much of a distraction. I think we have plenty of good players that will prevent that from happening. And yeah, scum may try to use Burb as a sort of "emergency plan" to try to get attention away if one of them is becoming a topic of discussion. But if they do that, we could use that kind of behavior to try and find more scum,and take a good hard look at the people that wanted to shift discussion to Burb.

Burbeting

Banned
Unvote

I'm satisfied with Swamped's answer. Also I didn't mentio Rynam because, frankly, I somehow forgot about him, and just looked more carefully about Exo, who was the last in your list.

Alright guys. I wanted to let this day play out as naturally as possible before dropping this, and now we're approaching the deadline. I promise you, this isn't a gambit. I didn't come to this decision lightly, but I believe it's for the best.

I am Town, and I have a role. But I consider my role to be very anti-Town. Ideally I would simply choose not to utilize it, but that choice won't always be given to me. I believe I am too dangerous to be kept alive. I am intentionally being vague about this, because if I survive into the night, the enemy could use this information against us.

image.php

Swamped

Banned

Wait whaaaat? I totally missed this, can you find the post?

Ahhh this sounds hilarious, probably something like the memes curse from the Election game lol. Thanks for offering yourself as another bandwagon. This would mean we have Burb, Blarg, No Lynch and you, Rats as possible lynch targets. This should give us enough information in terms of voting patterns. Maybe. I highly doubt you are a tanner/jester role.

What an interesting gambit you are running, could you possibly elaborate on what might happen if you stay alive?

It's not a gambit. I'm telling you my role is dangerous to Town. If I'm alive, there's a very good chance this game will become harder for us to win.

As I said, I am intentionally being vague about this. If you're curious about my role, there's a real easy way to see my role text.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm going to think about my reads on some player (not on everyone, that would a waste of time at the moment), but Rats, you really can't tell anything further about this role? At the moment I just get Tanner vibes.

Flame_AC

I still think flame is underestimating the ability of this group to ensure Burb doesn't become to much of a distraction. I think we have plenty of good players that will prevent that from happening. And yeah, scum may try to use Burb as a sort of "emergency plan" to try to get attention away if one of them is becoming a topic of discussion. But if they do that, we could use that kind of behavior to try and find more scum,and take a good hard look at the people that wanted to shift discussion to Burb.

Unfortunately, I'm basing my reasoning on other games where once there's a topic, it never disappears. This happened with Blarg and Cthulhu, and what can I say, it jaded me.

Burbeting

Banned
Unfortunately, I'm basing my reasoning on other games where once there's a topic, it never disappears. This happened with Blarg and Cthulhu, and what can I say, it jaded me.

Tbh, Blarg is always a hot potato in any game he is in, no matter the role or alignment, it goes with his playstyle, for better or worse.

Top Bottom