• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen Titanfall (Xbox 360)?

Cake Boss

Banned
Is there a legit reason why we havent received any media for the 360 port when we're just a month away from launch?

For us poor people that dont have a decent pc or an Xbone, this is our only option to play the game.

Nicko

Ditto... Poor PC and already went PS4.. Definitely interested in playing TF, but the fact that we have seen NO coverage of the 360 version has me a bit worried...

minx

Unfortunately, wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see till after the Xbox One version comes out.

Judging by the graphics in the Xbone version, Id say it probably looks pretty close but with slightly muddier textures, maybe some more framerate dips. If its anything worse than that then its been shoddily ported over because the game isn't exactly pushing technical boundaries (not trashing the game, it definitely looks nice but it also doesn't look very far off from last gen titles)

BTW I totally admit that this is complete speculation on my part since I don't think the 360 version has been shown at all.

Chobel

Why is EA even doing x360 version? Many people don't know it exists, EA isn't advertising it at all, and more likely they won't advertise it. It's like EA don't really care about X360 version.

Is there a legit reason why we havent received any media for the 360 port when we're just a month away from launch?

For us poor people that dont have a decent pc or an Xbone, this is our only option to play the game.

You can thank Microsoft's bank account.

Anybody have the post handy where the Respawn guy said that BluePoint devs are very competent and the 360 port is looking great?

It was lost in one of the TF beta threads

Edit: Found it

Oh, and for all the speculation going on about the 360 version. Its coming along really well, Bluepoint is full of phenomenally talented devs. We (being Respawn) have been pushing for them to have all the time they need to make it as good as possible, which means extra time for them to polish it up. We'd all like it to be day and date, but a better game a few weeks later is better than an unfinished one earlier.

My search-fu is strong :)

The Bluepoint guys are awesome, so I think they are hiding the 360 version so people don't see how close it is to the XBone one.

Deadbeat

Banned
Why is EA even doing x360 version? Many people don't know it exists, EA isn't advertising it at all, and more likely they won't advertise it. It's like EA don't really care about X360 version.
Activision did that with Cod games on the Wii and they still cracked over a million each. There are people that will look at the game and go "I wonder if its on my platform" and they go to the store and see it is.

TomShoe

Banned
March 11th:

"I own a 360, and I'm gonna get a PS4, but I REALLY want Titanfall...screw it, I'll get the Xbox."

March 29th:

"What do you mean there was a 360 version?"

OT: Because they want to push XBOs. No need to worry though, Bluepoint is one of the best port teams in the business, since they worked on a number of Sony exclusives. 360 buyers are definitely in good hands.

Skeff

Because they are doing their best to make sure people don't think about that version.

First post nailed it, Though Respawn have been talking about it a little, it seems there is no media of it what so ever. Perhaps it's too similar to XB1 version?

Harteex

I guess it works out for them.
They released Madden NFL 09 for the original Xbox (long after it was dead).

Toki767

Yep...they want the general public to think Titanfall is only for the Xbox One. I would imagine they're probably making a deal with GameStops and such to only advertise the Xbox One version.

Ramirez

The XB1 version has a really rough frame rate at times inside a Titan. Why are people saying the 360 version will be on par with it? I don't see it happening.

Shady859

Noone has seen Titanfall (Xbox 360) you silly boy!

I bought the PC version and plan to Gamefly or rent locally for 360. It will have the highest amount of douche lil kids on mic if nothing else.

dmr87

The studio behind it are very competent so wouldn't worry about that too much, and the reason for them not talking about it have been mentioned in here already.

Nafai1123

Banned
The XB1 version has a really rough frame rate at times inside a Titan. Why are people saying the 360 version will be on par with it? I don't see it happening.

Not on par, but looking good enough and performing well enough that most people won't care. I can see it being sub-720p/60fps on 360.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Huh? Then what do you think is going on?
Maybe it's not ready to be shown? MS is including it in their email marketing and on its own website....

I just got this today from the MS store.
Untitled.png

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Maybe it's not ready to be shown? MS is including it in their email marketing and on its own website....

http://s9.postimg.org/vcppdfh3j/Untitled.png[img][/QUOTE]

If the game is not ready to be shown a month and a week away from release that is a major problem and there is no rumors that this is true.

Hmm figured more people would've commented on it

Official Respawn Gaffer posting about the 360 version

Oh, and for all the speculation going on about the 360 version. Its coming along really well, Bluepoint is full of phenomenally talented devs. We (being Respawn) have been pushing for them to have all the time they need to make it as good as possible, which means extra time for them to polish it up. We'd all like it to be day and date, but a better game a few weeks later is better than an unfinished one earlier.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've got a PC that ran the beta really well.

I played it on my TV with a DS4 controller, and while it was playable, I could tell KB/M guys were able to get the drop on me.

So, it's the 360 SKU for me. No more hunching over a PC with a tiny monitor while every sociopath runs an aimbot.

JayEH

Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb had said he had heard from some people that the 360 version looks fine. I like to think that Respawn told bluepoint that 60fps should take priority.

It will be really interesting to see how the two Xbox versions compare though.

Top Bottom