• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen Titanfall (Xbox 360)?

I've got a PC that ran the beta really well.

I played it on my TV with a 360 controller, and while it was playable, I could tell KB/M guys were able to get the drop on me.

So, it's the 360 SKU for me. No more hunching over a PC with a tiny monitor while every sociopath runs an aimbot.

Is aimbot that common on PC shooters? Or is like the old days when everyone thought the other team had a lag switch on consoles? I'm not a PC gamer so I honestly don't know.

Is aimbot that common on PC shooters? Or is like the old days when everyone thought the other team had a lag switch on consoles? I'm not a PC gamer so I honestly don't know.
It's not common at all in my experience. I guess it would depend on the game though? If game exploits remain unpatched and the community doesn't moderate itself then I could see it being a problem.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
My main machine will be PC for Titanfall but I hope to goodness the 360 version turns out well too as a lot of my friends are looking towards that as the version to get. I'd get both the PC and 360 versions if they are good.

Amir0x

Banned
Since my interest in Titanfall dwindled after playing the BETA, I still am fascinated by the comparison between 360 version and XBO version. Bluepoint is quite a capable studio.

But they're obviously hiding it because they want individuals less connected into the industry to be confused enough to think it's a predominately XBO game. That's the industry we're in now. A shame.

probably a smart play too. 60fps, and 'fun factor' aside, titanfall isn't really much of a looker. Titanfall looks like something that would run fine on last gen stuff from a glance of a YT compressed video or what not.

if x1 version looked drastically better than the 360 one, i can see them work that angle in marketing...

PhatSaqs

Banned
If the game is not ready to be shown a month and a week away from release that is a major problem and there is no rumors that this is true.
Companies usually like to put out footage of their best
looking version. We didnt see any footage of the X1 version of Tomb Raider until post release.

Companies don't usually show of the sub-par versions of games - which is why we saw the PC-hardware version at E3 and all of the commercials/trailers were of the PC version.

I'm sure the usual gaming sites will do a TON of comparisons for us to pick apart though.

If u wanna c 360 edition version, look no further

jaquette-left-4-dead-2-xbox-360-cover-avant-g.jpg

No but if you're silly enough to run with a pad on PC shooters then I'd imagine it feels like everyone is cheating with how much better they are.

demolitio

Because if they show the 360 version and it still looks really good or anywhere close to the X1 version (which it could), then they're potentially hurting new X1 sales in their eyes. Why spend that much money on a console right now when you could play it elsewhere? I think that's probably why they delayed it too similar to how some publishers treat the PC (Ubisoft) except they delay the PC version as an attempt to get a small percentage of people to double dip.

When a game is delayed only by a few weeks, it makes you really wonder if it's due issues or just a business decision considering that's not a lot of time to fix things if it's truly about quality.

Considering how many people have defended the graphics of TF (subjective topic of course), then they shouldn't have a problem with the 360 version if it's truly all about the gameplay. Gameplay is king so if TF on the 360 is the same damn game with just some minor graphical effects missing, then why bother spending a lot of money to get it on X1? Plenty of people will buy an X1 not just for this game though, but the idea that tons of people will spend over $560 for one game is quite optimistic. I'll get an X1 down the line when it's price reflects the value the more and even if I didn't have a PC to play TF on, I wouldn't spend that much money on one game.

EGM1966

Whelp I think it's pretty obvious there are two scenarios possible here:

• it looks so bad they're hiding it until launch
  • it looks so good next to XB1 version they're hiding it until launch

Either way they're clearly going to hide it until launch. If I get the game it'll be on PC but as a 360 owner I'm also fascinated to see how that version looks.

Given the developer is solid for the port and MS have "delayed" launch until after it hits XB1 I'm personally leaning to the second option and figure the game will be perfectly playable and fun on 360 and MS don't want people focused on that version until after they get the biggest impact possible on XB1 launch.

Or maybe it looks/plays awful on 360.

It's painfully obvious that this move is to sell more Xbox Ones. It's amazing that some people actually DON'T see what's going on here, or they don't want to believe it. The 360 version hasn't been advertised at ALL, and you can bet when the Titanfall commercials drop, only the Xbox One logo will appear.

Out of every game that has ever been delayed for more polish or "finishing touches", tell me one that's been delayed for TWO WEEKS. I mean seriously.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
It's painfully obvious that this move is to sell more Xbox Ones. It's amazing that some people actually DON'T see what's going on here, or they don't want to believe it. The 360 version hasn't been advertised at ALL, and you can bet when the Titanfall commercials drop, only the Xbox One logo will appear.

Out of every game that has ever been delayed for more polish or "finishing touches", tell me one that's been delayed for TWO WEEKS. I mean seriously.

The last of us was delayed for three-four weeks IRC.

meanspartan

(Tin Foil Hat?)

Could it be because the 360 version won't look thaaaat much different than the Xbox One version? If the difference isn't huge it won't do them any favors trying to move Xbox Ones. Millions of 360 owners may decide to hold off because this very hyped game looks "good enough" on the machine they already have.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Whelp I think it's pretty obvious there are two scenarios possible here:

• it looks so bad they're hiding it until launch
  • it looks so good next to XB1 version they're hiding it until launch

Or er, you know, since MS are paying exclusivity they want the marketing to steer people towards the Xbone version?

gatti-man

The Xbox one is orders of magnitude stronger than the 360. That's a fact. I experienced plenty of frame rate dips on the xbox one beta so taking that into consideration I don't expect the x360 version to look nearly identical at all. I expect pop in, severe jaggies, more frame drops, sub 720p resolution and less effects. To someone playing on a larger tv the difference will be obvious imho.

If the Xbone was breezing through titanfall then I would think the x360 would be closer to it in looks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Or er, you know, since MS are paying exclusivity they want the marketing to steer people towards the Xbone version?

Basically this. It's pretty simple and a straight-forward marketing tactic on MS' part. Although I think EA pushed it back into next quarter so they'll get TF XBO sales now and 360 sales (which will sell the most) in their next quarter.

If that's the case it may have nothing to do with MS at all. MS would love it, though, as it pushes people to buy XBO consoles and games.

I honestly think the Xbox 360 has the best controller for this game.

Sure, aiming is easier with a mouse, but being able to dedicate movement to a single thumbstick, rather than using 4 fingers for WASD is a huge movement advantage. You got other fingers freed up for the sprint/dash/melee/eject stuff.

But, I'll get the PC version just to get max HD and FPS.

system11

I'm also putting my money on them specifically wanting to keep noise about the 360 version low in the hope that it'll shift more Xbones.

How similar it will look - anyones guess. I'm expecting 60fps and a very similar if not identical resolution, perhaps a smaller FOV.

angrygnat

The 360 version is going to sell no problem. They have an install base of 80million+. That end is shored up already. They want to move XB1s. Pretty obvious what their doing. Doesn't mean the 360 version isn't going to deliver. It'll compare well with the other versions.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
With Bluepoint doing the port, I really have to wonder if they'll match the Xbox One version visually. The bar isn't exactly high at this point.

watership

The XB1 version has a really rough frame rate at times inside a Titan. Why are people saying the 360 version will be on par with it? I don't see it happening.

I overheard someone at Best Buy telling his group of friends that the Xbox One isn't much faster than the xbox 360 and you just had to look at "Titanfall as proof". There is a serious image problem the X1 is facing lately, this sort of comparison is just the latest.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb had said he had heard from some people that the 360 version looks fine. I like to think that Respawn told bluepoint that 60fps should take priority.

It will be really interesting to see how the two Xbox versions compare though.

Yeah I just heard that on the Bombcast. He's also leaning towards the theory of MS delaying the 360 version since the XB1 version doesn't appear to be a generational leap in graphics.

Why is EA even doing x360 version? Many people don't know it exists, EA isn't advertising it at all, and more likely they won't advertise it. It's like EA don't really care about X360 version.

I doubt EA would go for XB1 and PC only. they already sacrificed the PS3 and PS4 sales for the moneyhat so the 80million 360 userbase is where they make money. concerning Titanfall, EA wants to sell copies of the game, MS wants to sell XB1's

MS seems to be the ones in charge of advertizing the xbox versions while EA is doing the PC. it's evident in that pic posted

soultron

Banned
I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Bluepoint taking or being given extra time is to ensure quality. Respawn has been refreshingly transparent on a lot of things so I truly believe what DKo5 said on the manner.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the 360 version could be indistinguishable from the xbone version, or it could look like reheated dog shit, it's completely irrelevant because either way MS want you to buy the xbone version.

our not having seen the 360 version says nothing about the probably quality of it. and the same goes for the delay.

Green Yoshi

Is there a legit reason why we havent received any media for the 360 port when we're just a month away from launch?

For us poor people that dont have a decent pc or an Xbone, this is our only option to play the game.

You don't need a decent PC for Titanfall,

Mikey Jr.

I don't think there's any conspiracy here. Bluepoint taking or being given extra time is to ensure quality. Respawn has been refreshingly transparent on a lot of things so I truly believe what DKo5 said on the manner.

They are a month away. They cant show a screenshot?

Top Bottom