• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen Titanfall (Xbox 360)?

Does the Xbone version even have approaching a stable 60fps frame rate? I remember reading that it was all over the place, especially when a couple of mechs were involved. Did they improve it via patches?

Good question. I took a break from TF because of the horrid screen tearing and sometimes often frame drops. Id get all dizzy while parkouring through the map quickly and the drops and tearing would begin. Not fun.

I have a genuine question.Given how the game is apparently made for smooth, fluid 60fps parkour and shooting action.

Would you (YOU who will buy it on x360) like to see it @ 720p/30fps with decent textures?

Or are your prioroties gameplay first and you would be okay with something like 540p/60fps and subpar textures even for x360 games?

I have no idea where people stand on this.

Tsundere

Banned
And you believe this even considering there are tech issues on the X1 version?

Because on Xbox One they tried to (stupidly) push 900p and maintain 60fps (hardly ever maintains anywhere near 60). The Xbox 360 one won't be 900p and won't try to push 60fps (I'm thinking 25-30fps).

The Llama

I doubt it.

Hype for Titanfall has dropped tremendously since pre-Xbone/PC launch.
Were it to release day and date, the 360 version would have outsold both other versions easily.

But now, when people are starting to realize this isn't the next COD and internet buzz is barely there anymore? I don't know.

I really, really don't think so. Most of the people who were hyped for it got it on PC or bought an Xbone for it. This didn't have COD hype where "casuals" (or whatever you want to call them) were going to go out in droves to buy it.

Timu

Wait, so the 360 version won't been seen until release date? Weird, I'm getting worried now.

And you need to be online to do the tutorial as well, so yeah.

FyreWulff

I have a genuine question.Given how the game is apparently made for smooth, fluid 60fps parkour and shooting action.

Would you (YOU who will buy it on x360) like to see it @ 720p/30fps with decent textures?

Or are your prioroties gameplay first and you would be okay with something like 540p/60fps and subpar textures even for x360 games?

I'm still planning on getting the 360 version, because I enjoyed the gameplay on the PC beta.

Basically, my two decisions are gameplay and just get it on 360, and if I'm concerned about graphics, pick it up for PC later when I get my tower back.

Such a shame they won't even show the game yet, though. No need to treat Bluepoint this way.

Riky

$MSFT

I think framerate as high as possible is for the best, the maps seem a lot larger to me than COD so I don't think they will manage 60fps on 360.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I really, really don't think so. Most of the people who were hyped for it got it on PC or bought an Xbone for it. This didn't have COD hype where "casuals" (or whatever you want to call them) were going to go out in droves to buy it.

If the 360 version was competent? You bet it would have outsold the 'Bone by a country mile.

The hype was all over the place and the average joe really isn't shelling out 500 extra dollars for a slightly sharper version of the same game. Microsoft played it extremely smart to delay it like this. Actually boost Xbone sales while the game is still hot as fire.

Now the game has gone kinda tepid and 360 sales are not going to be anything special.

Squozen

Respawn claimed Titanfall utilizes the cloud for some of its stuff... how does it work on 360?

I'm really curious if its just less frames lower resolution or if there's actual differences.

You really need to let go of this idea that the Xbox One uses a remote server to improve resolution or frames per second. The cloud is just a server farm connected via a very slow pipe (your internet connection). It's not magical.

Remark

Banned
4EpHo8u.png

:'(

hwalker84

Good question. I took a break from TF because of the horrid screen tearing and sometimes often frame drops. Id get all dizzy while parkouring through the map quickly and the drops and tearing would begin. Not fun.

All the patches that I'm aware of have been server side.

GeeDuhb

Oh absolutely. Especially in a game like this where the graphics aren't that mind blowing in the first place. I would totally have a lower res/frame rate game that it much more playable than have somewhat better visuals that make the game play like crap.

In reality, (at least for me) graphics are nice early on when you first start playing a game, but after a while (especially in such fast moving action games like TF) the visuals are quickly taken for granted and they don't matter much at all.

The Llama

If the 360 version was competent? You bet it would have outsold the 'Bone by a country mile.

The hype was all over the place and the average joe really isn't shelling out 500 extra dollars for a slightly sharper version of the same game. Microsoft played it extremely smart to delay it like this. Actually boost Xbone sales while the game is still hot as fire.

Now the game has gone kinda tepid and 360 sales are not going to be anything special.

I disagree. Most non-hardcore (I don't like using the "hardcore" and "casual" gamer terms but I really can't think of a better way to describe what I'm trying to say) gamers were unaware of it except by the advertising campaign MS ran, which pretty much exclusively promoted the Xbox One version of the game. For people who don't regularly follow video game journalism (the vast majority of people who play/buy video games), the hype was extremely easy to ignore/miss. IMO as much as MS tried to, they failed to get the hype out into the mass market, where it could have maybe affected 360 sales. Instead, all that really happened IMO was they convinced a lot of people to buy the Xbox One instead of the PS4 just to get Titanfall (which is probably a better result for them than selling a lot of Xbox 360 copies of the game anyway).

tl;dr version: I don't think the hype reached the mass market so the 360 version wouldn't have outsold the Xbone version.

Irate Drake

Neo Member
if i get my hands on this early, im going to rip into it and see if i can bypass that live authentication.

Not showing a product to loyal buyers is just plain stupid

Ensoul

Looks like it will be out on Tuesday after all. I did preorder the game about a week before it was delayed and I do have to say I was pretty pumped up about it to the point where I debated buying an Xbone after the delay was announced.

I know it's only a two week delay but I am debating whether or not to cancel my preorder. I stopped playing ghosts a month ago and I started new vegas again which i love. I just have no desire to play an online shooter anymore. I think I am finally bored of them.

antitrop

Around the time Dead Space came out I thought, "Damn, visceral seems nothing like your typical EA dev. Really great game and ideas. Core gamer appeal."

Now they are making star wars games...

I'd play Star Wars: Titanfall, where you can call down AT-STs from space and shit.

Massa

What kind of answer is that?

It's a non-answer, obviously. It's not like they were going to stop everything and say - "hey guys, this @imRemark person brings up a good point. Maybe we should release some screens and videos of the game on Xbox 360 right away."

Omakone

Neo Member
Even with the delay and the lack of marketing I think the 360 version will outsell the Xbox one version. Remember there are over 80 million 360s and the Xbox One is probably in the 4-5 million range at most. Then you take into account that the Xbox One is only available in a handful of countries. Even if the attach rate is only 5% on the 360, that would be over 4 million copies, while it would have to be almost 100% for the same number of the Xbox One.

I think that the game getting delayed into April is very telling about the sales of the game on Xbox One. By delaying the 360 version MS does not need to worry about the March NPD numbers showing the 360 as the best selling version. Then when the April NPD numbers come out they will use the excuse that everyone bought the Xbox One version in March as the reason the 360 version is the best selling version in April.

I also find the complete silence about sales numbers of Titanfall and the Xbox One to be very interesting. Sony and MS both love to tell us how great their systems and games are selling. The fact that we have heard nothing from MS for over a month seems to be very strange. Perhaps they are waiting for the March NPD numbers, but if they have sold a million or more copies of the Titanfall or the Xbox One we would have seen a press release by now.

Even with the delay and the lack of marketing I think the 360 version will outsell the Xbox one version. Remember there are over 80 million 360s and the Xbox One is probably in the 4-5 million range at most. Then you take into account that the Xbox One is only available in a handful of countries. Even if the attach rate is only 5% on the 360, that would be over 4 million copies, while it would have to be almost 100% for the same number of the Xbox One.

From the gamestop earnings thread

jbpdK0SAl3cxV0.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791867&highlight=

Riky

$MSFT
It depends how many active 360 owners have already moved on though. At least half the 360 owners I know have gone to X1 and have the game already.

Because on Xbox One they tried to (stupidly) push 900p and maintain 60fps (hardly ever maintains anywhere near 60). The Xbox 360 one won't be 900p and won't try to push 60fps (I'm thinking 25-30fps).

Haven't played The game on the Xbox one but I can imagine the constant fps drops would kill the momentum of the game. I can't even imagine the game in 30fps. Maybe if it's a consistent 30

Top Bottom