• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Priest is so dumb in the brawl. Elemental on 2 with power word shield will basically make it unkillable and kill them next turn.

Just beat an "infinite" Priest in this Brawl using a Brann/Gnomeferatu mill deck from Reddit. If you get their deck down to 3 cards it glitches and they can't do anything except concede. Fun and interactive, and all that jazz... abuse it at your own risk.

wiibomb

Just beat an "infinite" Priest in this Brawl using a Brann/Gnomeferatu mill deck from Reddit. If you get their deck down to 3 cards it glitches and they can't do anything except concede. Fun and interactive, and all that jazz... abuse it at your own risk.

aww, found this when I already made 100g for today.

I'll try it tomorrow if it isn't hotfixed by then

Therion

aww, found this when I already made 100g for today.

I'll try it tomorrow if it isn't hotfixed by then
I doubt it'll be fixed any time soon--I ran into the same bug last time they ran this brawl. (Thought I was so smart for designing a deck that milled itself down to three power cards... and then died.)

Blizzard has done bans in the past for abusing glitches. Ask disguisedtoast lol. I think it was only a temp ban though, but who knows.

wiibomb

Blizzard has done bans in the past for abusing glitches. Ask disguisedtoast lol. I think it was only a temp ban though, but who knows.

that ban was famous, but it was for a different reason, Toast was banned because it was broadcasting an exploit which for blizzard that means popularizing the exploit, that was why he was banned, also because it was on ladder, which blizzard is very careful about.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Priest is so dumb in the brawl. Elemental on 2 with power word shield will basically make it unkillable and kill them next turn.

I played pirate warrior and just thought Spellbreaker would be a nice tech pick for the brawl. Did the trick even though the Priest managed to get like a 7/11 Elemental.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know how I got 5 gold?

It's really weird

Arena rewards can have increments of 5 in the boxes.

Also for fun in the brawl, I tried Secret Paladin (MC will still pull all your shitty 1 mana secrets out of the deck) - it did great, and I hear that Gnomeferatu is quite good as well as being literally broken. Lots of options for bullshit in this Brawl!

VoxPop

What's the most consistent deck to climb ladder right now?

I'm debating between Jade Druid, Spell Mage, and Big Priest

edit: These hero power buff cards are dumb af

have they said anything about gnomeferatu?

also theorycraft Rogue infinite deck(In progress)-
Gadgetzan Auctioneer
Conceal
Edwin Van Cleef
Preparation
Counterfeit Coin

Basically the idea is to get infinite draw through auctioneer....and get a disgusting edwin vancleef.

Miletius

What's the most consistent deck to climb ladder right now?

I'm debating between Jade Druid, Spell Mage, and Big Priest

edit: These hero power buff cards are dumb af

Out of those 3 -- big... I mean Jade Druid. Tempo Prince Rogue and Razakus are probably fine too, in terms of consistency.

Miletius

Is there a good Warlock deck for ranked?

I like his DK.

Both Zoo and Control are semi viable. Both also run the DK now, AFAIK. I mean, they aren't T1 (zoo is pretty close though) but they can both do work.

I played control lock to rank 2 last season. It has a good matchup versus Priest (both razakus and big) and Jade if you tech in Geist. It's decent against zoo, and I think you have a fighting chance versus tempo rogue and hunter. It loses to mage of all stripes, but I didn't encounter them all that often.

Both Zoo and Control are semi viable. Both also run the DK now, AFAIK. I mean, they aren't T1 (zoo is pretty close though) but they can both do work.

I played control lock to rank 2 last season. It has a good matchup versus Priest (both razakus and big) and Jade if you tech in Geist. It's decent against zoo, and I think you have a fighting chance versus tempo rogue and hunter. It loses to mage of all stripes, but I didn't encounter them all that often.

Ah, I see, thanks

Bunga

Welp, 0-3 Arena for the first time since I can remember, and that was with a good draft!

Think I'll stick to the ladder, holy shit.

At this point I think dusting decent card for 1/4 value only gonna made you regret imo

Trust me I regret a lot in my dusting action
It depends on the state if your collection. If dusting a legendary made it easier to hit 5 every month it's totally worth it.

I regret crafting shit way more than what I dusted.

But boy am I glad the black knight is indeed a shit card, I was not gonna craft a legendary I dusted.

fertygo

It depends on the state if your collection. If dusting a legendary made it easier to hit 5 every month it's totally worth it.

I regret crafting shit way more than what I dusted.

But not am I glad the black knight is indeed a shit card, I was not gonna craft a legendary I dusted.
Yeah but we know raz haz semi decent collection at this point

I crafting back at least 3 legendary that I dusted

Shit sucks

scarlet

Yeah, I think I'll keep it for now. Don't really need dust too, but I wish I could get Antonidas instead of Cenarius.

My winrate these past few days probably under 30% RIP monthly stats.

Yeah but we know raz haz semi decent collection at this point

I crafting back at least 3 legendary that I dusted

Shit sucks

I don't think I ever had to do that but I crafted fricken Zavvas because I wanted to play Zoo in UnGoro, I ain't dusting that piece of shit.

Hoping the quests I dusted never become good.

scarlet

There's no fireside or tavern or whatever its name gathering around me. I literally have to fly to another country for a Warlock skin lol.

Well hopefully when I travel I could find one.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
At this point I think dusting decent card for 1/4 value only gonna made you regret imo

Trust me I regret a lot in my dusting action

Especially nowadays, I would never dust a classic legendary. Even a bad one. You want to improve your odds of opening a good legendary. Plus this stuff could always move to the HoF.

manhack

Well the post-nerf meta has taken hold. Lots of hate going around and people bored of the game. Seems like this cycle is accelerating, but can't prove it.

Just over 3 weeks until the expansion pack announcement, then 2 weeks until more card reveals, then expansion hype.

I'm glad I got Legend this expansion and will probably just be knocking out dailies until the next one. Still having some fun when I log in, but I've accepted the game is a clown fiesta a long time ago.

Fewr

Oh dear, I really wasn't expecting so many nerds with money at Blizzcon.

This morning I checked the availability of the black year of the mammoth HS hoodie, and they've run out of size S. :(

I got a size M in the end. I hope it's not too big, although I know American size M can get pretty massive. Eh, it's a just a hoodie, so no big deal, and it should fit me just a bit loose.

Pooya

I'm in dailies mode since the nerf patch. I had more fun in jade druid meta than herp derp I have prince on turn 2 or not, btw raza on 5 and anduin on 8, better luck next time.

Game is so random and highroll oriented to be interesting. Jade Druid meta was the opposite. I enjoyed playing control mage or whatever then because I knew what I was playing against. Now if they hit a certain card on turn 2 or 5, they're basically 60 favored to win no matter what I do. yeah sure.

manhack

I had more fun in jade druid meta than herp derp I have prince on turn 2 or not, btw raza on 5 and anduin on 8, better luck next time.

Yeah, I've always done better in some of the "worst" metas. Secret Paladin meta was great for me playing Control Priest. I actually loved Sunshine Hunter and Undertaker Hunter meta too. I think the only "bad" meta I didn't like was shamanstone.

Dropping Loatheb on a DK Anduin and watching them not know what to do will never not be hilarious.

I also had a priest play Deathlord and it pulled a Primordial Drake....it was only turn 3. GG's

we are about to go back to the jade druid meta lol, only difference is that PW and Murloc Paladin are gone and Tempo Rogue went from Tier 2 to Tier 1.

Keleseth on 2 is basically Pally having the 1, 2, 3 or PW with FWA on 2.

we are about to go back to the jade druid meta lol, only difference is that PW and Murloc Paladin are gone and Tempo Rogue went from Tier 2 to Tier 1.

Keleseth on 2 is basically Pally having the 1, 2, 3 or PW with FWA on 2.

Yeah it's weird how I don't see Murloc Paladin anymore. The deck is still really good, it's just not busted.

I also wish mobile had a replay program, because I just had an insane match against a Big Priest. 20 goddamn minutes and full of shenanigans.

I'm having a lot of fun outside of Giants Hunter. That deck is infuriating. I've climbed to rank four just having fun with Demonlock and Jade Druid. A little Fatigue Warrior, too.

manhack

Yeah it's weird how I don't see Murloc Paladin anymore. The deck is still really good, it's just not busted.

I suppose the majority of ladder climbers just want to play the best deck and I really don't blame them. You see that a lot in here with people asking "what is the best deck to climb?".

I'm having a lot of fun outside of Giants Hunter. That deck is infuriating. I've climbed to rank four just having fun with Demonlock and Jade Druid. A little Fatigue Warrior, too.
What's wrong with Giants Hunter compared to Giant decks in other classes? I don't think I've really seen what they're capable of despite going against a few of them.
I suppose the majority of ladder climbers just want to play the best deck and I really don't blame them. You see that a lot in here with people asking "what is the best deck to climb?".

That's understandable, but I guess I just feel like it's still a very good deck to climb with. I was one win from legend with it last month. I haven't played it much this month because I'm mostly playing Wild.

This is some good rules talk and rule changes that they are implementing.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20759378548#1

There is a video also which talks about it as well but the post is way more descriptive.

Is everyone clear on the triggers and zone stuff now? This will probably make things a bit more clear or at least predictable when the weird stuff happens.

The main thing I got from that was cards that aren't already in play won't trigger. So if you kill a mad scientist with a si7 agent, it won't pull in a mirror entity and then trigger that mirror entity on the si7 agent because the secret was not in play during that sequence of events.

And I also guess this scenario doesn't happen. Wild pyromancer on board. Cast shadow madness on wild pyromancer. Wild pyromancer triggers off shadow madness. Because it wasn't your minion when you cast shadow madness so it's not validated as a trigger to that effect.

Seems like fine changes. I didn't really expect mechanic changes this far into the game's lifespan but those are okay. At one point I wanted the game to work this way but just got used to how it is.

rahji

Hearthstone knows how to please me when I am in the no-luck phase in ranked. 12 wins in arena with priest. I had one disconnect so the result could be better than 12-2.

Here is the deck for everyone who is interested:

Ivl4l7G.png

malchezar saved my ass a couple of times with insane legendaries like leeroy, deathwing and even with benedictus in a fatigue game against a druid. Final boss was a hunter with malchezar and curator.

Top Bottom