• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

wiibomb

I'm sad for Baize... pavel had every single answer to her threats.

that is one of those matches that people get salty just seeing, such a good luck.

So is there no way to beat Big Priest besides aggro?

He coins out Barnes on T3, gets Yshaarj, pulls Velen.

I kill the Yshaarj, he plays Eternal Servitude to revive it, Yshaarj pulls Obsidian Statue. Game over.

wiibomb

I kill the Yshaarj, he plays Eternal Servitude to revive it, Yshaarj pulls Obsidian Statue. Game over.

if you let them get to their endgame it's pretty much over.

sometimes it's a matter of how lucky they can get with their barnes, tbh.

slow decks are sometimes bad against it. I say sometimes since they are incredibly inconsistent and not always have on hand what they need

Miletius

Yeah, there's not much you can do against that kind of start. Control decks can win, but you have to be ready for it. Ironically, you can win by removing all his minions and outvaluing him because he runs out of threats while you still have minions in your deck. Control lock is pretty good at it, since they have strong Board and Single Target clears.

rip spectated karsticles for 3 games for the card pack quest, not only did I never get any, but at the last game it DCed me right as he won and said I was offline from hearthstone.

this quest hates me

Got a White Eyes from a Shallow Gravedigger in my Deathrattle Hunter deck. Ended up putting four Storm Guardians in my deck. Know what sucks after just playing Shadowreaper? Two five Mana 10/10s.

G.ZZZ

Got legend today with a wild keleseth rogue list, really liked it while climbing, it's quite different from most keleseth lists:

E4erBMk.png

Stats:

G5MQuAe.png

Deck felt favored vs all kind of priests (reno, combo, aggro and resurrect). Goes about even with aggro druid and jade, usually win vs pirate warrior.

This is the list:

### Tempo Roguu
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 1x (1) Buccaneer
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Argent Horserider
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (4) Xaril, Poisoned Mind
# 2x (5) Azure Drake
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
#
AAEBAaIHCLICrwTdCPoOmxWDrAKRvAKc4gILtAGMAqgF1AW5BroTkrYC9bsCgcICn8ICm8sCAA==
#

There are two flex slot, the SI:7 agent and the Buccaneer. The Buccaneer is a slot i've changed ten million times but i never landed on something satisfying. I think i'm pretty ok with how it has played until now mostly because it give you an actually good T2 in case you don't either have keleseth or a coin. SI:7 agent is a concession to the occasional aggro decks, but shaku is probably better (and i don't have it) in such a heavy control meta.

I quite like this list over other i've seen because every drop of yours can be a big threat which is really important with low draw.
Coin is broken and shadowstep is way too situational, xaril is better since with it you can still shadowstep leeroy and vilespine later on without having to draw do-nothing cards early on.

Coin is broken because this deck has the best 3-drops in the game, flappy bird, SI:7 with combo, edwin, pirate captain which is a 3/3 + a 2/2 charge. Plus the ability to T4 Vilespine instead of waiting T6 to combo it with something like a firefly is a gamechanger vs the big minions that a lot of deck plays on T5 (raza, resurrect minions, jade elephant with a turn of ramp etc...) and that allow you to retain tempo in the most crucial turns.

At this point even if they print mediocre cards, priest could become more powerful. You have to wonder if every card in a highlander deck is the best card, or is it being ran because of restrictions. So when evaluating new cards, you're not competing against the best cards in the deck, you're competing with the worst cards in the deck.

At this point even if they print mediocre cards, priest could become more powerful. You have to wonder if every card in a highlander deck is the best card, or is it being ran because of restrictions. So when evaluating new cards, you're not competing against the best cards in the deck, you're competing with the worst cards in the deck.

That's a good point. I haven't played Priest recently, so I never really thought about it like that.

On a side note, thought of a new combo I have to try out. Spirit Singer into a Moat Lurker on my own minion. It should trigger the Deathrattle, right? So it would summon the minion I just destroyed. And if that minion has a Deathrattle, it should also be triggered by Spirit Singer, haha.

Edit: Just tested it, and it indeed does work. Neat.

That's a good point. I haven't played Priest recently, so I never really thought about it like that.

On a side note, thought of a new combo I have to try out. Spirit Singer into a Moat Lurker on my own minion. It should trigger the Deathrattle, right? So it would summon the minion I just destroyed. And if that minion has a Deathrattle, it should also be triggered by Spirit Singer, haha.

Edit: Just tested it, and it indeed does work. Neat.

The problem is just that Umbra is a dead card most of the time. I tried running Umbra + Sylvannas for a Mind Control combo that also gives me good stats on the board, and it just didn't work well.

Finally figured out a Priest deck that I actually like. It's a quest priest deck that runs 10 deathrattles, card draw, and board clear. I have Benedictus and DK Anduin as my win condition along with the actual quest. It's worked out well so far, but I'm thinking of cutting 2 deathrattles for additional healing. I guess it's somewhat similar to a Razakus deck, but I just like having every board clear possible instead of just one off's.

Yeah, I totally agree. I just like messing around with stupid combos.
Me too. I have to stop myself from crafting all sorts of dumb things. :p

Finally figured out a Priest deck that I actually like. It's a quest priest deck that runs 10 deathrattles, card draw, and board clear. I have Benedictus and DK Anduin as my win condition along with the actual quest. It's worked out well so far, but I'm thinking of cutting 2 deathrattles for additional healing. I guess it's somewhat similar to a Razakus deck, but I just like having every board clear possible instead of just one off's.
DK Anduin with no Raza seems underwhelming.

Xanathus

So many shitty half-arsed Fireside Gatherings popping up in my country now, they don't even know that you have to host multiple gatherings in order to be registered as a Tavern in order to get the Hero. I also think they do not have permission to host the event at the locations because they're at franchise shops like Starbucks, and one is even at a train station! One has the time scheduled for "1:30 PM to 1:00 PM".

DK Anduin with no Raza seems underwhelming.

Oh it's absolutely nowhere near as effective but my plan isn't really burst damage in one turn, it's just repeatedly clearing the board and being able to RELIABLY do so. I tried Razakus and while I got many wins, I just was getting frustrated with not having the right answer at the right time but now I always have an answer. Having Lyra would've helped when I was playing Razakus and it would definitely help now, so that could've been my issue.

I do wish this deck had a stronger win condition because as of right now it's mostly just eliminating threats and hoping I get something good off of Bonedrakes, and just boring/annoying my opponent to death...which actually works out really well. It's nice to be on the other side of this bullshit for once.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If they nerf that deck it will be Raza. I'd say there's a pretty big chance the deck will be out of control once the next set releases.

Super easy nerf too. Only first hero power each turn is free. Boom done. Raza was already good when you couldn't hero power more than once a turn typically. Turn it back to that without completely killing a cool DK.

Top Bottom