• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

fertygo

I got 4 packs from each HCT championship. Chose fr0zen, hoej, and orange.

After I chose Thijs last year, I tried not to pick the obvious choice this year and it's well paid.

Err those pick is far from "not obvious" lol

at least if you follow the scene

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If picking Pavel got me two packs, does that mean my curse is no longer a thing?

Or just on the fact that Pavel did worse than expected, does that count?

scarlet

Have 44 damage against rogue.

3 holy smite from thistle tea that I got from swash, that I got from my shadowstep glimmerroot, and 1 mind blast, Velen and radiant elemental.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just submited my dreamhack decks for next weekend. Only thing a little nonstandard is a few Tempo Rogue cards.

I'm disappointed I couldn't bring paladin, hunter, or control shaman when that's what hearthstone is to me. I tried so hard to justify it, and it's just not possible.

scarlet

Welp, just submited my dreamhack decks for next weekend. Only thing a little nonstandard is a few Tempo Rogue cards.

I'm disappointed I couldn't bring paladin, hunter, or control shaman when that's what hearthstone is to me. I tried so hard to justify it, and it's just not possible.

Let us know if you're on stream.

ZeroX03

Banned
Regret giving Controlock another shot. Another night of straight losses. Deck isn’t good enough to stop aggro and doesn’t have win conditions on par with the rest of the decks. I just end up running out of cards and slowly dying. Should’ve just crafted Keleseth instead of wasting hours, it’s fun but the losses negate that.

fertygo

Its very good against aggro.. I play it yesterday to clear quest won against all the aggros but of course I cannot win against priest or jade

ZeroX03

Banned
Its very good against aggro.. I play it yesterday to clear quest won against all the aggros but of course I cannot win against priest or jade

Token Shaman drops Doppelgangster evolve

Hellfire and Defile to kill them all

Token Shamn drops Doppelgangster evolve again

Welp I’m out

To be fair haven’t come up against Zoolock yet

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man, im stuck at Rank 18 :(
I suck at Tempo Rogue apparently :(x2

I only win if i have the Prince by turn 2.

I meant against rogue as priest, my bad :p
It says something about the state of the game that both make as much sense!
Token Shaman drops Doppelgangster evolve

Hellfire and Defile to kill them all

Token Shamn drops Doppelgangster evolve again

Welp I’m out

To be fair haven’t come up against Zoolock yet
Sometimes you just don't have the clears. It doesn't make the deck bad. I was playing my Renolock and my opponent went N'Zoth into full board, Krul into full board, and then Gul'dan into full board. I didn't have the third twisting nether and lost. But that's just one bad situation I will infrequently encounter. If I needed it bad I could put Doom in.

rahji

So the Lich King gave me 3 times the useless card doom pact. The game went to fatigue and I wanted to kill myself with doom pact, but it didn't kill me. I was really surprised and I had to take a closer look at the card to understand it. Lesson learned.

edit: aaaand got tirion from a spectate pack. what a great day in hearthstone!

edit2: lost two times to the shaman death knight in arena. There is no way to beat those cards in longer games. And this at 3 and 4 wins. Come on blizzard, fix arena and exclude those hero cards.

Raza/DK/Big Priest decks are going to be the reason I take a break from HS. Jesus. I'm sure there are ways of "overcoming" them but I don't have many, if any, options... I'm a f2p player with not much playtime/small card collection.

Oh man I janked out a win against a super legendaried Priest deck with my homebrew healing synergy Priest. Me at 2 health they at 1. I topdecked Auchenai Soulpriest.

wiibomb

Raza/DK/Big Priest decks are going to be the reason I take a break from HS. Jesus. I'm sure there are ways of "overcoming" them but I don't have many, if any, options... I'm a f2p player with not much playtime/small card collection.

If you can't beat them with midrange hunter (a clear bad match for them) then you need to learn better.

Hunters and aggro decks can quickly deal with them unless they have a nutty draw.

If you can't beat them with midrange hunter (a clear bad match for them) then you need to learn better.

Hunters and aggro decks can quickly deal with them unless they have a nutty draw.

A) don't "git gud" people
B) aggro decks are 50/50 matchups for Raza priest, either can't beat the nuts of the other deck but both can just so win.

I can't beat Aggro Token Druid when I play Raza Priest, so built that deck. Drop an "on curve" Bittertide Hydra onto a board flooded with little 'uns and see what happens.

Pooya

surrender's priest list is probably the best performing for me. It's so fast, can deal with jade druid. I love it, it's very focused.

surrender's priest list is probably the best performing for me. It's so fast, can deal with jade druid. I love it, it's very focused.
been running that one too. I saw a lot of circle lists I didn't like for not running mind blast and the Auctioneer lists are worth experimenting with but Lyra sidestepping deck limit and highlander restriction seems better than the faster cycling.

I wish I could fit an Elise, not a fan of gnomish inventor.

Having to deal with Bonemare for another year and a half is going to be why I quit this game.

That card alone just shows how truly inept the balancing team is.

Pooya

Bonemare is a fair, honest card with very reasonable counterplay due to its predictability and there is no stupid RNG involved, that's healthy for the game. It's designed better than most of the competitive cards in this game. I've no idea what you're complaining about.

been running that one too. I saw a lot of circle lists I didn't like for not running mind blast and the Auctioneer lists are worth experimenting with but Lyra sidestepping deck limit and highlander restriction seems better than the faster cycling.

I wish I could fit an Elise, not a fan of gnomish inventor.

Elise works against the deck, you want to get to Dr5 and Dr8 asap, not add stuff to your deck. You don't expect to remove things forever with this deck, you just want to end the game and there is more than enough damage.

ZeroX03

Banned
Sometimes you just don't have the clears. It doesn't make the deck bad. I was playing my Renolock and my opponent went N'Zoth into full board, Krul into full board, and then Gul'dan into full board. I didn't have the third twisting nether and lost. But that's just one bad situation I will infrequently encounter. If I needed it bad I could put Doom in.

Thinking a deck is bad because it loses against the nuts is just bad thinking.

VS’ data seems to show pretty clearly that it’s a terrible deck for the meta. I don’t think I’m wrong here re Controlock.

Bonemare is a fair, honest card with very reasonable counterplay due to its predictability and there is no stupid RNG involved, that's healthy for the game. It's designed better than most of the competitive cards in this game. I've no idea what you're complaining about.

It's just way too good for the cost. If it was a class card then I'd be okay with it but the fact that it's neutral was a mistake.

There's a reason it draws comparisons to Dr. Boom.

Miletius

VS’ data seems to show pretty clearly that it’s a terrible deck for the meta. I don’t think I’m wrong here re Controlock.

Control lock is certainly a bad deck for the meta. You can still play it with some success, but in terms of efficiency many decks are better, even zoolock if you have to play warlock for a quest. Zoolock is probably cheaper too.

That being said, I think control lock is still very fun to play and it can steal matchups with the right build.

scarlet

Waiting for a meeting, played a game and apparently it was against reynad. He played the mill control gnomeferatu. I won, but it was close. I guess he didn't have bloodreaver guldan.

I beat a Giants Handlock deck with Dreadlock today. Felt amazing.

I've been running Gnomeferatu in the deck so I can tap more aggressively without having to worry about going into fatigue. I haven't had a game-winning mill yet, but I've removed some big threats like Ragnaros. Historically, on turns where I have done Brann + Kazakus I wished I had a good use for the 3 leftover mana. Gnomeferatu is a perfect fit in that gap in control and combo matches.

This is the list I am running:
### Dreadlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (2) Darkbomb
# 1x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (3) Demonwrath
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Shadow Bolt
# 1x (4) Blastcrystal Potion
# 1x (4) Dreadsteed
# 1x (4) Hellfire
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Shadowflame
# 1x (4) Voidcaller
# 1x (5) Antique Healbot
# 1x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 1x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Krul the Unshackled
# 1x (9) Mal'Ganis
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAf0GHooBkwHbBpIHtgfECMwIuQ3+DYEOjg7CD/UPrRD9EYYWwxaFF+CsAti7Atm8At28Av2/At/EAtPFAufLAq7NAvfNAqDOApfTAgAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I am sure Dahbomb will call it the greediest deck he has ever seen. :p

I wish I could fit Bloodbloom, Doom, and Doomguard in.

Elise works against the deck, you want to get to Dr5 and Dr8 asap, not add stuff to your deck. You don't expect to remove things forever with this deck, you just want to end the game and there is more than enough damage.
You play the Elise after Raza and DK. Besides, it's not like having a full hand of cards will hurt your ability to get to your goal. Resources can only help.

Elise is for when a deck forces you to get low on cards in hand, I agree with your reasoning but Elise can be worth it, there's no other card that adds 5 cards to your hand,

Dahbomb

Probably just drop the Krul and fit in a Void Walker instead or Imp Gang Boss. There aren't enough demons in the deck yet quite a few demon synergy cards (Void Caller, Malganis, Krull, Bloodreaver).

G.ZZZ

Went from 5 to 50 legend last night, so much tilt NotLikeThis

Too much aggro atm for my druid list. I need to concotion something new.

fertygo

Elise is for when a deck forces you to get low on cards in hand, I agree with your reasoning but Elise can be worth it, there's no other card that adds 5 cards to your hand,

Elise sucked man, there just better option out there, if your hand size is low in long game, elise might not save you anyway and in most game you not gonna have hand size for pack.

scarlet

My priest deck has been losing a lot around rank 4-5 and has been stuck in that ranking more than a week. Considering to play druid, but I feel so uncomfortable playing it.

Elise sucked man, there just better option out there, if your hand size is low in long game, elise might not save you anyway and in most game you not gonna have hand size for pack.

I'd go with Suboptimal, she still won me a couple gmes on the way to legend last month.

Edit: mfw you have Raza Anduin and Kazakus but die to 2/3s and 2/2s because you didn't get the 4 damage option.

Edit 2: make that twice in a row for garbage 5 mana potions.

Here's my Priest deck list that actually seems to work. Do you have any obvious improvements to it?

Circle of Healing × 1
Northshire Cleric × 2
Power Word: Shield × 2
Divine Spirit × 2
Shadow Ascendant × 2
Kabal Talonpriest × 2
Shadow Word: Death × 2
Auchenai Soulpriest × 1
Lightspawn × 2
Ogre Magi × 2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta × 2
Darkscale Healer × 2
Holy Nova × 2
Power Word: Tentacles × 1
Bone Drake × 1
Holy Fire × 1
Bonemare × 1
Mind Control × 1

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Here's my Priest deck list that actually seems to work. Do you have any obvious improvements to it?

You've got a lot of four drops and the Ogre Magis are not doing much for you. I would replace them with Shadow Word: Pain for starters.

Top Bottom