• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

scarlet

Found one in SF, but after I got the card back realized it wasn't actually a tavern fireside gathering so no new skin. Currently in the Alaskan one which is a tavern, but no-one else is here. Someone come duel me please!

You didn't get it from brawlhalla?

VoxPop

Of course the opponent top decks everything he needs to clear the board with 1 hp left with specific shit like silence deathrattle minion and destroy pirates to close out my arena run -_-

Bunga

Are there any guides to getting the new Warlock hero in the EU on Android anywhere? I read the reddit post on last page but I dunno if I had the wrong app or something, didn't appear to work. The location put me somewhere in Turkey lol.

scarlet

I approve of this idea.

do it lol

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/fireside-gatherings

Somehow it's 404 for me, we can find a tavern and decide the date and time

Are there any guides to getting the new Warlock hero in the EU on Android anywhere? I read the reddit post on last page but I dunno if I had the wrong app or something, didn't appear to work. The location put me somewhere in Turkey lol.

Because there was an active tavern there, but it seems no longer active.

Fewr

Ok, so the way I understand we have to look for an active tavern and get the coordinates for the address while it is active, no? From there we just set Nox or the android device to that place and try to brawl people.

I'll have a go this weekend. There are taverns around me, but they're in very dodgy places - at stranger's houses, not even public places. I'd be the dumbest person ever if I went there for a hero skin.

scarlet

Ok, so the way I understand we have to look for an active tavern and get the coordinates for the address while it is active, no? From there we just set Nox or the android device to that place and try to brawl people.

I'll have a go this weekend. There are taverns around me, but they're in very dodgy places, and stranger's houses, not even public places. I'd be the dumbest person ever if I went there for a hero skin.

Yup. But based on my experience it was inconsistent. Sometimes it shows 0 player. So you have to restart your app. And even when it shows more than 20 players, you still need luck to challenge other players, cuz most of the time they're playing or waiting for their friends so you got declined.

And you have to go to the tavern one, not the lantern.

Bunga

So hold up, what's the actual process then?

- Use GPS app and set location to active fireside location
- Start HS
- Friends list
- Players near me
- Fireside Gatherings
- Search?

I tried this earlier with the Turkey one and it asked me to connect to WiFi or skip? What's that about?

Fewr

Bunga

I clicked skip, but then it said there is no fireside gathering, probably because this particular one is not active anymore as was mentioned above.

This is what I got too. Guess we wait for the FS gathering page to go back up and go from there.

Bunga

Just popped on to play a couple of Arena games and there is a pop up re the fireside gatherings page being down and they're working on it.

hollomat

Banned
Download Nox.

On the right side is the menu, find the one that lets you update your location. Change it to one where there's a Fireside Tavern.

Download and install Hearthstone from the Google Play store within Nox.

Once you login, click the Friends thing in the bottom left hand corner, then click the arrow next to your name at the top and select Fireside Gathering which should let you Scan from there.

From there it should auto join it. Make sure in the bottom left where it shows friends online that he number isn't 0 or 1. If it's a really low number you'll have to reboot and try again. It took me four tries until it finally showed the correct number (17 people for me).

Once you get to that point just select the 3v3 Brawl and go through until it shows the list of people to challenge. Just keep trying to challenge different people from there and it should eventually go through. Once you get into the game you can concede and bam, Nemsy is yours.

Edit: Probably worth noting that using Reddit is a good idea. Decent number of people posting on there to try and get people to all go to the same Tavern and make it a bit easier.

Thanks so much for this. Going to give it a shot.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think the most low key things thrown into the patch notes with little fan fair is...

Hearthstone’s engine has been updated to Unity version 5.6.

Could be huge as 5.6 as support for a ton of shit including Vulkan.

G.ZZZ

After falling to dumpster ranks i'm rank NEIN again.

Want to push for top 5 but i'm afraid to play actually good players

Since you guys are openly discussing it, I guess it's not against the rules, so here's a Discord I set up where a bunch of us were trying to puzzle out Nemsy last night https://discord.gg/8mrMNJ I plan on continuing today to help people as much as I can

If mods want me to remove this link please let me know...I got banned for a week from the Hearthstone subreddit and I don't want that to happen here =/

EDIT: If anyone wants to mod the discord let me know. (It would involve updating coordinates and adding to the instructions if needed.) I have to leave for work so I won't be able to keep up with it until later this evening.

TankUP

Since you guys are openly discussing it, I guess it's not against the rules, so here's a Discord I set up where a bunch of us were trying to puzzle out Nemsy last night https://discord.gg/8mrMNJ I plan on continuing today to help people as much as I can

If mods want me to remove this link please let me know...I got banned for a week from the Hearthstone subreddit and I don't want that to happen here =/

You should probably make it clear that spoofing is "at your own risk" and all that jazz at the very least.

And don't sweat the r/HS ban.. I got perma'ed for calling a guy posting an obvious ad for Gwent a shill. Luckily it takes like 2 seconds to make a new reddit account and I don't care about all my lost karma (35k worth LUL) so it's nbd.

lionelhutz

Any suggestions on replacements for a low-cost evolve deck?

# 2x (1) Evolve
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 1x (3) Igneous Elemental
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Dragonling Mechanic
# 2x (4) Hex
# 2x (4) Sen'jin Shieldmasta
# 1x (4) Windspeaker
# 1x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (5) Frostwolf Warlord
# 1x (5) Silver Hand Knight
# 1x (5) Thrall, Deathseer
# 1x (6) Boulderfist Ogre
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (7) Stormwind Champion

gutshot

Did Blizz take down the Fireside Gatherings database because of the GPS spoofing? I wanted to find a legitimate one to go to this weekend.

Bunga

Poor Priest I just played in Arena as Druid - I got Ysera off Bone Drake which he struggled to remove. I ended up having to cast Nightmare on it to get rid of his The Ancient One. Anyway, he then empties his hand, probably thinking what large board removal does Druid have - I then cast Ysera Awakens and clear the board down before Moonglade Portal next turn which gives me another Bonedrake which subsequently gives me Onyxia to power out the game.

He was so close to killing me, so close.

Must remember this RNG BS happens in my favour sometimes when I'm getting salty!

wiibomb

ugh, okay I'll complain this time about the tavern brawl. I think this is the only one I actively dislike. it's just boring randomness. not anything fun seeing a shifter zerus change.

Pooya

rocking Nemsy with galaxy card back #hacktheplanet

edit: for those still wanting to try with emulator, just use the emulator to get into the tavern, then close the emulator and log in on desktop game, you're brought there and it works much faster than in emulator from then on.

Fewr

Do I have to play a particular mode?
I played a few 3v3 matches on a fireside brawl and all ingot was the card back, no nemsy.

This game is really dumb sometimes. I just had an arena match where three Ultimate Infestations came down in two turns. Luckily I was the one with two.

Pooya

What exactly do you have to do at the Fireside gathering to get the new warlock hero? Just check in or actually play a game with someone?

Nothing you'd do at a fireside gathering could give you the hero. You need to be at a Fireside TAVERN. Taverns have their own unique banner when you join them, not any place can be a tavern, these are legitimate communities that have established themselves over time.

Reddit doesn't seem to realize this and you get all of these stories about people going to fake event or whatever. Basically everyone spamming the site to register a FG is wasting their time.

After you checked in a tavern, you just play the special team tag tavern brawl and can unlock the hero.

Top Bottom