• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

At the end of the day GvG was more than alright, it'd be a huge bummer if they fucked up the second expansion. It's still too early for doom and gloom, does anyone have a list of GvG cards by release order though? I'm wondering if there had been any bombs in the first 30-ish GvG cards or if it was a similar situation to now.

Dr. Bomb was one of the first 38 alongside Unstable Portal, Shredder and Velen's Chosen: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/675-blizzcon-2014-new-expansion-announced-goblins-vs

Dre

Meanwhile a lot of Android players like myself are still locked out of the PC client. Must be a helluva bug Blizzard has to deal with.

Minsc

Gold Member
I like the new cards.
The inspire effect of the druid card is pretty good,because you can kill a lot of minions with you hero power alone.

Of course most times it'll just die to a 1-drop or summon four 1/1 imps for your opponent. But it is one of the better cards Druid has seen in a while, GvG they got garbage. Between Swipe, Keeper, and Shredder, I wonder what Druid will cut for it, that's already 6 4 mana cards. I guess maybe Beast druid would take it over shredder. A 3 mana 3/4 beast with the same power would have been nicer, innervating that out turn 1 at least would be a strong start. You could still get it out turn 1 now with a coin, and it makes using the hero power for 3 damage (+ 5 from the minion) a pretty threatening clock too, turn 5 win without any other help.

Hektor

That savage combatant looks in per se pretty cool, but the 4-Slot in druid is already oversaturated, isnt it?

That mech on the other hand, i cant see any use for it. Its 6/6 worth of stats if you can make use of the battlecry, and 5/5 if you dont. Silver hand Knight is worth 6/6 too and he triggers always.

And there are already so many neutral good 5 drops in the game.

€: And why didnt blizz reveal the two legendarys? Its 100%, come on.

bjaelke

That savage combatant looks in per se pretty cool, but the 4-Slot in druid is already oversaturated, isnt it?

That mech on the other hand, i cant see any use for it. Its 6/6 worth of stats if you can make use of the battlecry, and 5/5 if you dont. Silver hand Knight is worth 6/6 too and he triggers always.

And there are already so many neutral good 5 drops in the game.

Clockwork Knight allows a mech in play to trade more efficiently in some situations (similar to Shattered Sun Cleric) whereas Silverhand Knight has no immediate effect on the board. It also lives through Flamestrike.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Meanwhile a lot of Android players like myself are still locked out of the PC client. Must be a helluva bug Blizzard has to deal with.

It isn't really much of a bug. It sounds like you are one of the people the are using the HS version from the Amazon store. They accidentally released a new version of the client on Amazon to early (which included the GT pre-order). So now your account is flagged as being on a newer version than what is available on any other platform.

They use this version to ensure people are updated and/or matched only with people of the same version. So technically right now, you will only be MM against others who are locked out except for the Amazon version.

I'm guessing the update will hit today and all will be normal again.

Druid card will be good in arena and usable in constructed if Beast Druid becomes a thing. In current Druid Decks, it has a bit too much competition with Keeper and Shredder.

I can see the Mech Knight being used since the only decent neutral mech 5 drops are Fel Reaver and Blingtron and both can be risky options to play.

I'm still hyped as fuck! Trueheart might be the first thing I craft.

Plan on crafting a Golden Trueheart. lol

V-Faction

cvE42a1.png

So far, Inspire has been about summoning, buffing attack, healing. In the next wave of reveals, I would prefer more effects like Saraad's, which are good in ways outside of pure stats, so here's an example of what I'd like see. It's essentially a warm body playing host to a cool effect, that, IF you can keep the minion alive will prove to be a nice compounding effect. But it literally dies to anything: Hero Powers, spells, itself. So, like most Inspire cards, you wait to play it with appropriate mana.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Another day, another 150 gold wasted on Arena instead of a pack. I just can't get into this format no matter how often I come back. Best i've managed in the last 2/3 weeks is a 4/3 run. I mean i've had some fun games out of it but even using heartharena for help with my drafting and everything I can't seem to get to grips. I'm gonna stick with it and tell myself I'm gonna improve but it's a real drag.

Raxus

There is a point you have to stop using hearth arena and go with what your deck needs not what card has the most value attached with it.

It is how I have gotten more consistent staying around 7 wins per run.

Watching Hafu helps a ton with arena play as well. If you ever need advice message me. I am usually online.

Raxus #1252

I also have an EU account where I strictly arena.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Clockwork Knight isn't the trash people are saying it is. It is Shattered Sun Cleric but gets 1 extra stat point for its cost as a trade for its more limited use. It also comes the turn immediately after Piloted Shredder and Mechanical Yeti. I think a more midrangey mech deck could run a card like this.

Clockwork Knight seems like a kinda worse Upgraded Repair Bot. +1/+1 might be better for classes that don't benefit as much from high health minions. The mech tag probably makes it good enough to see some play.

Upgraded Repair Bot is actually kind of a nice card, but Mech decks are about tempo plays and Priest is just a bad class for tempo decks in general.

ViviOggi

There is a point you have to stop using hearth arena and go with what your deck needs not what card has the most value attached with it.

Watching Hafu helps a ton with arena play as well. If you ever need advice message me. I am usually online.

Raxus #1252

From what I hear HearthArena has become pretty advanced, taking into account synergy, what type your draft is shaping up to be etc.

Of course a really good drafter will still do a better job but it should be closer than one might think. When you're averaging 3/3 or worse with HA it's almost entirely an issue of piloting over drafting.

Premade, yes. I do however imagine we need a few more reveals before they can base a TB solely on the Grand Tournament.
True but I think it's a perfect way to show off a few new cards. Slot in 3-5 cards that haven't been shown yet and people will play a lot to check them out while also sharing them online.

Kioshen

Raxus #1252

Do you mind if I add you ? Looking to get back in the arena and when I left I averaged out 3 wins too.

Kinda felt like scum bringing a patron warrior deck in casuals because I wasn't confident enough to bring it in ranked just to do a 2 win daily :/.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Oh hey, I just noticed that we're about to hit 20k posts and need a new OT

I'll get right on that

bjaelke

HearthArena is a decent tool if used with a bit of caution/scepticism - some draft choices are more obvious than others. Understanding the picks is half the process, so blindly following their advice can act as a trap at times. I still use it as I find it to be the best tracker for arena runs (often I enter the run after I've completed it).

embalm

Savage Combatant could be really great. A 3 damage hero power is pretty crazy. If druid gets a few more beasts and good inspire cards, they could come out of the expansion with a new deck. They need a type of beast only card draw to really make the deck different from all the Ramp variants. It could happen though.

I really like Flame Juggler. The rng sucks, but it's better than nothing. Shaman, Priest, and Paladin don't have a way to ping for 1 damage, which is incredibly valuable. This ping comes with a good body for it's cost. Even with the coin flip to hit face, I think the card offers enough utility to be used in several mid-range decks.

Clockwork Knight is a really good card stat wise. It could be great in a slower mech deck, which isn't seen much. I remember being really surprised that Mech Yeti was in so many mech decks, so it's possible for stats+synergy to earn a card a deck slot.
I think it could replace a 1 drop in any mech deck, for a more mid-range style of play.
It could replace Fell Reaver in any mech deck, especially when BGH gets really popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom