• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
already posted?

i

pirate warroior becoming legit

lol

gutshot

Pirate warrior definitely seems like it could be tier 1 in the MSG meta. Until you realize how many taunts and life gain cards have already been introduced.

It will be interesting to see where it lands.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That card seems like it would be a lot better in Wild, where Death's Bite exists.

Maybe some deck running Arcanite Reaper would play that in it's current state. Those crazy aggro warrior decks.

IceMarker

With all these buff-minions-in-your-hand cards, I can see some people running these in Warrior and Paladin C'thun decks to give the already pretty solid stat minions an additional boost, not to mention if you draw C'thun early there's actually a small benefit to it.

Dahbomb

So just as expected, the Goons mechanic is in fact the whole "buff stuff in hand".

The 3 mana Hunter card isn't bad but the 3 slot for Hunter is very crowded.

The Warrior card is good in Aggro Warrior. Getting Arcanite Reaper at 6/3 is not a joke.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So just as expected, the Goons mechanic is in fact the whole "buff stuff in hand".

The 3 mana Hunter card isn't bad but the 3 slot for Hunter is very crowded.

The flavor variety seems to be Paladin buffing lots of units (for smaller amounts), Warrior buffing weapons/taunts, and Hunter with Beasts and individual units (for larger amounts).

Pooya

pirate warrior is the most fun and interactive deck when it works...

they're severely undervaluing what giving +1/+1 to a weapon does, it's like extra 6 damage for almost free, you're dead to arcanite reaper, in 3 turns and there is nothing you can do except having a taunt, which most classes don't have right now, neutral ones suck. Or weapon removal, hate cards that you hope to maybe draw in time. It's funny whenever I Harrison arcanite reaper, they just play the second one every time.

pretty terrible design. high attack weapons should never be able to go face. there are very few ways to interact with them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
pirate warrior is the most fun and interactive deck when it works...

they're severely undervaluing what giving +1/+1 to a weapon does, it's like extra 6 damage for almost free, you're dead to arcanite reaper, in 3 turns and there is nothing you can do expect having a taunt, which most classes don't have right now, neutral ones suck. Or weapon removal, hate cards.

Yeah I think that's actually really scary to fight against. An upgraded Fiery War Axe is vicious enough.

If Warriors really needed 5 weapons in that deck, they could run a Gorehowl for 15 face damage over two turns in the late game to boot.

Szadek

The warrior card is good... If you have a weapon.
If you want to play on curve and you had a weapon, chances are that card was war axe , which you already played last turn.
It dosen't fit into control, unless they get a new weapon, but could work in other Decks.

The hunter card looks alright.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Guessing Don honcho going to be end of turn 50/50 chance to attack random enemy or buff cards in hand.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Watch the Goons Legendary be something like a better Mistcaller.

"Give all minions and weapons in hand and deck +2/+2"
Mistcaller is the GOAT card that no one plays :(

Also, the art on this set is legit good.

zoukka

The warrior card is good... If you have a weapon.
If you want to play on curve and you had a weapon, chances are that card was war axe , which you already played last turn.
It dosen't fit into control, unless they get a new weapon, but could work in other Decks.

The hunter card looks alright.

But it actually helps those facewarriors because they often have more weapons in hand than what they can play.

wiibomb

Watch the Goons Legendary be something like a better Mistcaller.

"Give all minions and weapons in hand and deck +2/+2"

I totally expect it to be something like that..

may be +1/+1 to everything not spells.

also, we still don't have a clear theme for the lotus guys, right?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So the one thing about that Upgrade minion is that since it only upgrades a weapon in your hand, unless you are equipping the weapon immediately, you are giving info to your opponent about what you're going to do. The card isn't very good on curve either, which is probably a good thing since a 6/3 Arcanite Reaper is going to hurt a lot. Hell even a 4/3 FWA is pretty painful.

So if you see this dude drop down on curve just save that Harrison and/or Ooze for a turn or two and make the Warriors sad.

Pooya

So spells and buffs, what would be the theme of the lotus faction 🤔🤔

It's probably mana manipulation. That's one thing that all lotus classes share.

coin/prep in rogue. ramp in druid and overload.

Yeah I think that's actually really scary to fight against. An upgraded Fiery War Axe is vicious enough.

If Warriors really needed 5 weapons in that deck, they could run a Gorehowl for 15 face damage over two turns in the late game to boot.

There is a new warrior weapon every set too. we'll see.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I dunno, because upgrade is never played outside pirate warrior it makes me wonder if that card ever sees play.

I know effects are better when attached to fair statted minions, but still.

sibarraz

Banned
The dream of savvanah 8/7 on turn 6 is here

At least imo the hunter card is the best from the goons, a 3/3 on turn 3 is okay to good, and 4 points on stats is an amazing value

I guess Blizzard is all in on buffing cards in your hand then.

Grimestreet Pawnbroker seems pretty good to me, certainly better than Orgrimmar Aspirant I'd think.

Shaky Zipgunner is...interesting. Hunter certainly doesn't need a 3 mana 3/3 but that effect seems reasonably strong at first glance. 5/5 worth of stats for 3 mana, could end up being playable.

I'm starting to think that, with all these buffs cards in your hand effects, maybe some of the cards that were understatted before could end up becoming playable. Stuff like Nexus Champion comes to mind.

The warrior card is likely just a face warrior card. I don't think it's justified in control warrior. It's pretty significant when the arcane reaper deals an additional 8 damage, almost becoming a double pyroblast for 5 mana. Will it be played over upgrade? Dunno.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shiro's pal Brian Kibler "Mean Street of Gadgetzan" Card Review Part 2 is up LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom