• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

TGT mostly failed, because inspire sucks.
It's so bad, it will soon leave Standard, probably forever.

At best they are win more cards, but they don't do much if you aren't ahead already.

Dahbomb

I looked at the influential cards leaving each sets and both BRM and LoE had more influential cards than TGT... with almost a 3rd of the cards.

So yeah TGT was definitely a failure for Blizzard in that regard.

Fewr

<edit> TL;DR - dont waste your gold on Grand Tournament!! Instead save gold for next expansion. my friend has over 5k gold. I am at 3500 gold. You might be new to CCGs but expansions often induce power creep. For instance, MSoG has blown out all previous expansions by a long mile. I go into Wild and I am fighting mostly all MSoG decks lol esp once I crossed past rank 15 which was like first week of the new season.

TGT mostly failed, because inspire sucks.
It's so bad, it will soon leave Standard, probably forever.

At best they are win more cards, but they don't do much if you aren't ahead already.

I looked at the influential cards leaving each sets and both BRM and LoE had more influential cards than TGT... with almost a 3rd of the cards.

Thanks, I had no idea it was a bad expansion. Then, it's likely that even in wild there will be few cards worth using from there, so I'll just craft the few I might need.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
TGT has a few standout cards but he majority of the set was utter garbage. Inspire was a decent idea that ended up paying too high a price in order to make it on cards. Joust was just a badly thought out mechanic and ends up being generally bad all the time. There are smarter ways to do that.
TGT did have stuff like Murloc Knight, Justicar Trueheart, Living Roots and several others which are either staples or really well designed. So the entire set isn't awful, but in general people are better off crafting the single cards from it that are good rather than getting the packs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Trolden video was 5/5. Real quality shit.

Szadek

It's really fucking sad that the next roation only hits one of the Top 3 decks(according to Tempo Storm) ,while destorying several weaker decks?

Reno should really stick around for another year (unless he gets some kind of replacement), because without him , the Kabal members are not in a good spot.

The banlist (because that's what the Hall of fame is) only hits slower decks as well plus zoo.
I'm almost certian Leeroy is the reason why PO gets banned and not zoo.

patchday

ew yuckie reno needs to die in the fire cant wait for him to rotate out. sure sometimes I play my reno zoth mage (Wild) to fulfill my Mage quest but make no mistake I am not a fan of reno. It has made this game even more RNG filled (singleton decks) where your life hangs in the balance.

Let's get that crutch out of here. force people to make consistent decks and give them better tools to handle aggro. Let's get rid of this- "Omg I need you reno where are you?!?!?"

problem needs to be solved with new cards or something. Like for 1 mana turn any minion into a blocker. Yeah maybe that is awful but I'm just saying I am sure CCG experts can come up with something. It's a weird issue since in true MtG clones all minions are blockers.

Granted- Kazakus will still enforce singleton decks but people just need better consistent tools to handle aggro

It's really fucking sad that the next roation only hits one of the Top 3 decks(according to Tempo Storm) ,while destorying several weaker decks?

Reno should really stick around for another year (unless he gets some kind of replacement), because without him , the Kabal members are not in a good spot.

The banlist (because that's what the Hall of fame is) only hits slower decks as well plus zoo.
I'm almost certian Leeroy is the reason why PO gets banned and not zoo.

The meta is much wider than just the top 3 decks. It's not a safe assumption to conclude those 3 decks will still remain on top even next week let alone after the rotation.

Reno should definitely not stick around for another year. We've had enough of reno. The whole point of rotation is so we don't get stuck with the renos of the game forever.

And yes, PO got rotated because they want to put more limits on the burst it could provide. I think PO was fine in zoo though, and I think zoo is fine without it too.

fertygo

PO is the most problematic in zoo.. made your big shit easily traded by token is not fine

Btw where the fuv&#311; the rest of card

Fuck.
No.

No Reno
No Brann
I hope those decks are fucking dead.

I actually think the few times I've lost to jade decks was because of brann combos. They're pretty damn slow otherwise.

I'm also glad brann is rotating out. It's gotta be one of the higher picked cards outside of aggro, tempo, and most rogue decks.

NBtoaster

To be fair most of the dragons in BRM were unusable until TGT. The 3-6 taunt brought dragon decks together.

patchday

I remember it because Thijs stream that deck regularly

yeah I watched him play for a little while this morning. never was fortunate enough to get Krul from a pack. Like Wrathion- seemed a bit too experimental for more taste to invest dust in

Really is a shame I do enjoy running that Kabal Traffiker lady when I get Warlock Quests. But it's in demonlock decks I run her in (no reno). just a fun goofy deck I like to run for quest grinding

wiibomb

TGT was really the only expansion that really sucked right?

I've seen the others have some degree of usefulness in some parts of its existence in standard. Even Karazhan has seen decent use

Dahbomb

TGT was really the only expansion that really sucked right?

I've seen the others have some degree of usefulness in some parts of its existence in standard. Even Karazhan has seen decent use
No Karazhan is definitely bottom of the barrel too. Just because it had some cards that see play doesn't make it a balanced or a good release.

Honestly aside from Old Gods, all of the card expansions have had some big issues with them. GvG was way too fast and power creepy, MSG too polarizing and TGT too weak.

Pooya

i1489727055726484.jpeg

they're doubling down on stupid random card generation, I can see why Lifecoach quit. This is opposite of competitive.

GvG largely suffered from too many strong neutrals. Otherwise I had little issue with it.

I think TGT is being a little underrated. I think there are a lot of well designed cards. Some of the card power levels were a bit too conservative though. Many were narrow misses imo.

they're doubling down on stupid random card generation, I can see why Lifecoach quit. This is opposite of competitive.

This kind of random really isn't that random though.

Pooya

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/60d7g8/30_new_cards_will_be_revealed_in_tavern_brawl/

apparently they're patching the cards this week, that would just reveal all the cards unless they're only patching a portion of the cards for the brawl and not the expansion.

Seems like too much effort for team5, they finally realized they have a digital game?

This kind of random really isn't that random though.

It's even more infuriating. It's straight up better than swashburgler, assuming elemental synergy does something notable too. It's not a battlecry but the effect is so much more powerful and DR actually is preferred for priest. Terrible design, I hate it already.

look at webspinner next to this, ridiculous. Forced OP priest cards until game implodes again, they learned nothing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/60d7g8/30_new_cards_will_be_revealed_in_tavern_brawl/

apparently they're patching the cards this week, that would just reveal all the cards unless they're only patching a portion of the cards for the brawl and not the expansion.

Seems like too much effort for team5, they finally realized they have a digital game?

It's even more infuriating. It's straight up better than swashburgler, assuming elemental synergy does something notable too.

Swashburglar actually gets the card immediately. Comparing battlecry to deathrattle, bc is typically better. However, deathrattle synergy cards aren't being rotated like brann is and priest quest synergy. Swash has a racial too. They're both fairly even imo. We'll have to see how elemental racial is relevant. Probably not as strong as summoning patches though.

These kinds of effects are the reason priest is the worst class. Nothing is as infuriating as losing to your own cards. I'll take Yogg and RNG any day over having to kill my own Tirion again and again. Fuck Priest.

Oracle is good I think, probably on the same level as Babbling Book/Swashburglar. The quest taking up your turn 1 play hurts it slightly though. Still, I think it'll be run in the quest deck, probably as a two of. Might be good enough to see play in most other Priest decks as well.

Pooya

So, thoughsteal?

it cost 1/3 of it and has a body, activates synergy, is a DR. This one is actually good.

burgle vs swashburgler. One is unplayable, the other is pretty damn good and that's with a far weaker effect.

This one is about as good or better than drawing a real card unlike burgle effect.

It's shifting shade for 1 and has a tribe tag. It's absurd. Shade was too expensive and had bad stats.

patchday

I agree with you that card is stinky but that's the Priest archetype and as usual- it has nothing to do with the World of Warcraft version which never stole spells from opponents. Priest archetype has always been this way so I don't think this necessarily triggered Lifecoach. It would be something on the order of Yogg or some card that poofs crap for the player at random. Even discovery would set him off. edit- Actually maybe not discovery, it depends on how 'big' the possible selection is 'I think'

Funny thing it was him and SuperJJ loved to play Shaku like nobody's business and helped popularized it. Now Shaku is in like every rogue deck.

I dont put too much stock in Lifecoach quiting tho- just saw SuperJJ in tournament yesterday and that's his right hand man. Love Lifecoach as a streamer and I watch him play Gwent sometimes

<edit> To elaborate why I dont think this card sets off pros- cause they can reasonably guess what's left in their own deck and play around it.

patchday

funny thing that seems to have escaped notice on reddit (or I missed the thread)

Lifecoach / Wifecoach are eligible for global games.

so it appears he will at least compete in tournaments. Although he is apparently very well off (looking at his beautiful house overlooking the hills)- he will still compete for money

Hopefully his criticism will make Hearthstone a better game

scarlet

funny thing that seems to have escaped notice on reddit (or I missed the thread)

Lifecoach / Wifecoach are eligible for global games.

so it appears he will at least compete in tournaments. Although he is apparently very well off (looking at his beautiful house overlooking the hills)- he will still compete for money

Hopefully his criticism will make Hearthstone a better game

He quits laddering, not the game.

https://twitter.com/G2Lifecoach/status/839568540642443265

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Priest card is playable. Even with no other cards printed in the set that help elementals\, I think priests would run this.

Helpful vs aggro since it very likely gets you an aggressive card to play early.
Helpful vs control since it probably gets you either control cards or bigger minions
Helpful vs anything really. A free card from your opponent's deck is great as we have seen with DrakOP.

Thank god this card isn't a 1/3. At least a 1/1 it will die to anything.

fertygo

Unlike everyone else I dont hatr babbling book or swash.. I admit those card can kick your ball to play against but on opposite its fun to play tbh

Not for the highroll but play unexpected result is very fun so the experience of those card even out for me.

And they already said swashburglar n babbling book is kind of 1 drop they rather to print and I aggree.. better this than new tunnel trogg for priest

Nachos

Yeah, it sounds like the Chinese doesn't have enough context to let people know exactly how things are going to work or how to translate things. They say that you can either make a Year of the Mammoth-legal deck or use a pre-made one, but it sounds like if you go for the former, you can't use the new Un'Goro cards?

patchday

Since I started in Old Gods I have never seen this clip where Pavel misplayed hard against Lifecoach.

we can only hope he has learned not to make stupid misplays like that.

This clip is from way back which is only thing that gives me comfort

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Making a priest deathrattle at 1 mana is dumb. You want to play your priest quest on Turn 1. This shoulda been a 2 mana 2/2 or something. =/

scarlet

Making a priest deathrattle at 1 mana is dumb. You want to play your priest quest on Turn 1. This shoulda been a 2 mana 2/2 or something. =/

Still can play two of those 1/1 on turn 2, not the best play tho. But quest is really awkward. Looking back at that warlock's quest it means a zoo deck will pass his 1st turn for quest.

So far I prefer the priest quest than warlock. Hopefully other classes could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom