• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Making a priest deathrattle at 1 mana is dumb. You want to play your priest quest on Turn 1. This shoulda been a 2 mana 2/2 or something. =/

yeah, you dont want to play it on turn 1, you don't really want to get it back with n'zoth, you don't want to draw it in the mid to late stages of the game

you play this when you happen to have nothing better to do I guess. 2 turn activation to draw a card

scarlet

Sunkeeper-Tarim.jpg

From IGN

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/03/20/igns-exclusive-journey-to-ungoro-card-reveal

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizard is printing Eadric the Pure again?

I guess this version can be pretty good, if you can flood the board. Turn 5 Stand Against Darkness into Sunkeeper could be pretty good, like the old Muster into Quarter master combo.

Actually, with it also having Taunt, its a lot better than Eadric, and likely is a playable card in token Paladin decks. Also soft tech against Jade Decks

Now Crystalline Oracle, that card I think is bad and won't see play without elemental synergy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys think Blizard will just do 2 patches, or actually just reveal all the cards super fucking fast. Would seem odd to patch the game on the 21st, and again on the 4th.

That seems so so so bad.

Hmm, I kind of disagree. You'll have to be pretty careful as to when you play it but it could create some pretty big swing turns. If your opponent has a couple big minions on board and you have a couple Recruits, this card immediately allows them to trade evenly which is going create a lot of value for you.

Also since it's a 3/7 it has to the potential to trade with three of the 3/3s.

I don't think it's an insane auto include card or anything but I think it's quite a bit better than Eadric.

Pooya

paladin struggles to get on board, Maybe with other cards in the set it has potential.

It's not really a jade counter, bunch of 3/3s aren't exactly harmless. It's far worse than Eadric if you want to use it like that.

awkward card overall.

Do you guys think Blizard will just do 2 patches, or actually just reveal all the cards super fucking fast. Would seem odd to patch the game on the 21st, and again on the 4th.

Set is out in just over 2 weeks. They have to reveal most cards this week. Maybe the new 'technology' they said they added with last patch allows them to stream cards into the game without a client patch to make the brawl work? we'll see.

Looks good. The eadric comparison is understandable but it's paper thin.

Sunkeeper affects all minions, not just your opponent's minions. So if you have 3 minions on board and your opponent has 3 minions on board, you can use this to make favorable trades and come out ahead.

It also has taunt, which eadric did not.

That said, it's kinda weak to tokeny decks and paladin still doesn't have an easy 3 damage aoe.

I could see this working in a midrange or control deck. I think it might be better than keeper of uldaman.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, this having taunt, I think this is a good card, that you could easily build a deck around, or slot into a midrange deck as soft removal.

gutshot

Card just seems OK. Keeper is better, I think, since it is targeted. It's just more versatile.

Since it has Taunt it can probably be run in Control Pally. Not an auto-include or anything, but a decent choice as a defensive card. Don't see it fitting in any other Paladin decks (are there any other Paladin decks?).

Doubt it sees much play. Art is badass tho.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just wait until Rally for Battle is printed. 4 mana spell, summon 2 Silver hand recruits, and equip a rallying blade.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Guys. it says "ALL OTHER MINIONS".

That means it buffs your own little guys too. You're paying only 1 mana for this effect. That's situationally NUTS. Imagine if they have a big creature and you have a silver hand recruit. You buff your guy into a 3/3 and kill their giant thing. That's amazing.

Sheroking

I hate aggro in this game with a passion, but I'd rather play a game where everything is Patches than everything is Jades.

So every card that counters Jade is good by me.

squidyj

that paladin card seems pretty good
it's normally quite bad against wide boards of reasonably sized stuff.

if azure drake was still a card in standard i'd say this card would be really good because you could even play it with spellpower on board into a followup consecration for a board clear in some situations. You can still do it with pyromancer I guess.

it's a good trade up tool, your 1/1 into their 8/8 and the cost gives you room to play something alongside it, pair with truesilver to tackle a must kill minion that was too big otherwise.

squidyj

clearly what you do is
-mull your quest
-play shadow visions
-copy your quest
-complete quest
-play 2nd quest
-play n'zoth on an empty board.
-play 1 more deathrattle

sick combo bro! (Kappa)

clearly what you do is
-mull your quest
-play shadow visions
-copy your quest
-complete quest
-play 2nd quest
-play n'zoth on an empty board.
-play 1 more deathrattle

sick combo bro! (Kappa)

I wonder if you can have two copies of the quest active at the same time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cards comin in fast now.

Source

Nice, I was wondering when a card like that would be printed. Surprised its a Priest Card, I always figured Mage would get it. A card that lets you discovered a dead minion/used spell would feel more Priest like.

Sucks that its an Epic Card, its definitely something you are going to want.

I wonder if you can have two copies of the quest active at the same time.

Nope, Blizzard already went on to say you can only have 1 Quest active at a time.

It also uses the same slots as Secrets.

Mind blast with Velen, I guess?

But without emperor, is combo still effective in standard?

Most likely not without some more enablers which I'd be surprised if any were printed.

Divine Spirit + Inner Fire Priest could get a bit more consistent though with something like this.

Edit: A couple other cards to consider might be Shadowform and Resurrect. Being able to discover a Shadowform from your deck could do a decent amount for making the archetype more consistent. Downside is you don't want to essentially be playing 3 Shadowforms in your deck. Could be nice in a Reno Shadowform deck but not sure that archetype survives in Standard without Reno itself. Resurrect is rotating out unfortunately and I can't say I expect it to ever take off in Wild but this card seems to synergize well with it.

Pooya

fetching specific cards from your deck is very strong, it's basically cheating in card games...

bad otk decks aside, this card can be any other spell in your deck depending on the situation. How often priest player just need that one board clear or death or something to be in the game but not getting it. Priest is a class with very specific answers, they can't deal damage to stuff like others can and you need those answers at the right time. This card can add redundancy to your deck. The thing is you pretty much have to play this before you need the answer, likely a turn earlier to have the mana to cast the spell you get and that's fine. You should be able to cast death and this in one turn. You think you need dragonfire soon, better fetch it a turn before. It can fetch healing potion if you're dying, pyro this into circle of healing, draw bunch of cards and so on.

In value oriented games that go late, you can play Elise then get the pack with this card. it's pretty huge. I think it's good. I don't know if control priest is going to be a thing, but if it is then it will like this card very much.

Pooya

it's more than twice better than tracking, it's still good at 2 mana. this is the type of card I thought rogue would get, with them supposedly having best card draw...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
it's more than twice better than tracking, it's still good at 2 mana. this is the type of card I thought rogue would get, with them supposedly having best card draw...

Yeah, Rogue needs this card far more than Priest does IMO. A card like this could make so many decks, with how many janky situational spell the class has.

This expansion is looking very expensive, very quickly. Cards like this being Epic, and there being 2 Legendaries for each class, is going to add up really fast. Elise seems like a must craft, and I'm betting that with only 5 Neutral Legendaries, 4 of them are going to be meta.

Dart

I would love to try that card in Reno priest...

Makes me wonder if there will be a "no duplicate" card in this expansion.

Pooya

yeah, I'd say even with like 20 something cards revealed the ratio of good ones is unprecedented so far. Looks like a very powerful set that you will need a lot of cards from.

Xanathus

I would love to try that card in Reno priest...

Makes me wonder if there will be a "no duplicate" card in this expansion.

I expect that singleton Priest will be the only viable singleton deck after Reno rotates since it's the only one that has enough heals to replace Reno. Shadow Visions allows singleton Priest to basically have an extra Holy Nova/SWD/SWP/Circle of Healing/Greater Healing Potion/Dragonfire Potion.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how important the Elemental tag on that Crystalline Oracle will be.

I don't have any idea what direction what paladin is going yet, but would be nice to put the fear of Recruits back into the class.

Shadow Visions seems pretty damn good in general. Even if it somehow doesn't have the spells to make it worthwhile now, it probably will over the next 2 years.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder how important the Elemental tag on that Crystalline Oracle will be.

I don't have any idea what direction what paladin is going yet, but would be nice to put the fear of Recruits back into the class.

Shadow Visions seems pretty damn good in general. Even if it somehow doesn't have the spells to make it worthwhile now, it probably will over the next 2 years.

Lightspawn should be an elemental, and Shifting Shade may get the Elemental Tag too (Even though it isn't one, but eh)

fertygo

Somehow I miss Sunkeeper is legendary.. yeah now I think less of the card, its will very good 2 off card, as legendary tho? eh,,

Finally hit rank 10 with midrange shaman. The deck is pretty consistent now that I have a better feel for how to play it and understand some of the meta.

Regarding the new cards - it's really hard to judge how good a card is without knowing what synergies it will have with other cards in the new set. That said, sunkeeper looks quite good. Art is excellent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom