• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

"started in your opponent's deck" what does that mean exactly? It was in their opening hand? how you start a deck, seems like they could write that text better.

Is it just me or is that card insane? Like, why wouldn't you run 2 in most Priest decks?

Also, you are assuming the card can't be a jerk.

"So, Here is Swipe, Jade Idol, and and Innervate. Which one is the real card?"

Oh, I didn't think of this. Hmm, should be interesting.

Definitely going to have to see it in action or play with it to make any real judgments. Could be pretty strong though if it isn't just a crap shoot to get the card. 3 mana 3/3 that draws a card is kind of nuts.

Sifl

I was overthinking the text on the card way too much. I thought it was going to show 3 cards in your opponents deck and you guess which card your opponent didn't have in his opening hand. According to Firebat it's 2 cards chosen at random that aren't in the deck and 1 that is in the deck. So once the meta gets figured out it would be easy to tell which 2 cards your opponent isn't running (most of the time)

Text could be more clear.

squidyj

"started in your opponent's deck" what does that mean exactly? It was in their opening hand? how you start a deck, seems like they could write that text better.

Pretty sure they mean a card that your opponent actually put in their deck. thoughtsteal requires cards to be in the deck currently but this just means they were selected for the dack, they could have already been drawn and played.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I read it to mean that it can RNG a card they do have in their deck, but wasn't the "correct" choice.

I foresee it having a cute animation of grabbing a card from the deck, tossing two others in, and shuffling them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seems good?

Depends how it all averages out but there's a lot of trashy cards. ESPECIALLY if this also has Neutrals which I would guess it has to, so it doesn't seem very hard to guess what is there. Even in a closer scenario like Raven Idol, Swipe...whatever else, it doesn't sound like Swipe and Raven Idol won't both show up if they're in the deck, so the damn near autoinclude spells showing up make the choice simple.

Dart

That is an interesting design, I like it.

I legit thought it was an early April fools joke... maybe it still is. It's just so weird.

Dahbomb

New Card:
xZwVEdr.png

What?

This is some pure YGO type shit right here.

I love it.

I am curious to the mechanics behind it because if it's just "2 random cards + 1 card that is from the opponent's deck" then on average it's going to be really easy to guess the opponent's deck/card. Which means that in most cases it's a 3 mana 3/3 draw one card which is pretty good.

Start as in their actual deck and nothing was put in the deck like from say Prince Machezaar or Beneath the Grounds.

Szadek

Very stupid card.
It's a 3 mana 3/3 thoughtsteal a card, except sometimes when the RNG feels like fucking with you, then you have to a 50/50 chance.

In arena you just have to take a wild fucking guess... unless you are sniping.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So. SO. Fucking good.

These are the cards they should be printing

Ikkarus

Priest card is interesting.

Decent 3/3 stats for 3 mana. It's RNG based but with a bit of knowledge you should be able to figure out which card is the one in your opponents deck.

It's nowhere near as strong as discover like the Operative is but having an extra card from your opponents deck is never a bad thing unless it's shield slam.

Atram

New Card:
xZwVEdr.png

What?

To support this Card and how nice it is, a quote from someone that understood this card

Well, I think this card is pretty great. I'd say for most solid players, you'll get a card 90% of the time this is played and in a world where a 3 mana 3/3 draw a card is a great card, this fills that quite nicely. The only time you even have a chance at not getting a card out of it is when it decides to throw another viable option at you and I feel that's probably going to be pretty rare. The odds of it throwing two viable options at you seems extremely unlikely.

If I'm understanding this card's mechanic correctly, you'll always see one card that is in your opponent's deck and two cards that are not. So if I'm playing against a Jade druid, I'll never see Innervate and Aya Blackpaw in the same set of three because Jade Druid runs both in their deck.

Also, judging by how Curious Glimmerroot is worded, I'm guessing that you can see cards that are already in your opponent's hand and possibly even options that have already been played. It says, guess which one started in your opponent's deck, implying that the correct choice may no longer be in the deck. If you saw your opponent play a Swipe and Swipe is one of your three options, you know Swipe started in your opponent's deck. Easy pick.

I realy like this Design

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Seems really good. Sounds really fun to try out.

Nice to be a little rewarded for playing an off-meta deck, though sometimes they'll get Swipe and two garbage cards to choose from anyway no matter how crazy your deck is.

Pretty sure they mean a card that your opponent actually put in their deck. thoughtsteal requires cards to be in the deck currently but this just means they were selected for the dack, they could have already been drawn and played.

So even complete newbs will be able to guess easily if it picks a card they've already played. Also a nice incentive for them to start thinking about opponent's decks instead of just their own.

I can't imagine it being difficult for experienced players very often, though I am curious to see how often it is a hard choice. Flubs with this card in tournaments where decks are known will make for some funny moments.

First time sub-6 win arena run since the change. Of course it was because of pure RNG in the end. I think every time I played that random damage card I got screwed.

edit:
Wow, just drafted a 3 legend deck... first time ever.

Soggoth, wrynn, and elise.

Decent deck too except for lack of weapons. Oh nm, on second look I have gorehowl. Just no FWA.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wish they'd give you monthly rewards for both wild and standard.

This is like the 5th month in a row that I've decided to go rank 5 in both modes (wild tends to go much faster, but I do it for the wins-progression).

It hardly punishes netdecking. By the time they play it, they have a great idea of what you're running anyway. If they fail, then they can figure out what you are running. It's more of a win-win than punished hard.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gluttonous seems good? Worse than acidic against non weapon decks though, but probably still an upgrade if pirate warrior is popular.

Ripenen

Guessing that the "random" cards it shows you will be weighted to favor cards from your opponent's class, and in ranked it will only show cards that are still playable in ranked, possibly even be weighted to favor more recent cards. That would reduce the number of possibilities quite a bit which should make it slightly more interesting at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom