• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

0 mana pyroblast incoming

C7r5sBhWkAE8J3r.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
5 mana combo seems problematic but coin vilespine to kill 4 mana 7/7 is obviously powerful.

I don't like that druid card at all. That seems like a terrible version of forbidden ritual.

Druid epic seems ... noot good? because you get empty mana crystals back .. so you basically skip your whole next turn if you play that (if you opponent doesn't kill them)

Add to that additional worst case scenarios like vanish/silence .. it just seems not really worth it.

scarlet

Druid epic seems ... noot good? because you get empty mana crystals back .. so you basically skip your whole next turn if you play that (if you opponent doesn't kill them)

Add to that additional worst case scenarios like vanish/silence .. it just seems not really worth it.

Use devolve and you got 7 wisps.

Gauntlet

Banned
Yeah, I can't imagine why Druid would ever want to have a lot of minions on the board. What would you call that deck? "Token Druid"? Sounds terrible.

/s

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Finally another weapon removal that actually gives you additional value if you hit with it. I think it replaces Swamp Ooze for non-aggro decks.

Curves well with Pirate Crab too.

Gauntlet

Banned
How do you buff these tokens with no mana?

You only lose a number of mana crystals equal to the number of tokens you summon. e.g. If you play this on 10 with a minion already on the board, you will have 4 mana left to cast, say, Soul of the Forest. Then you'll have 5 mana next turn to play Savage Roar or something.

I recognize this still might not be good enough to show up in competitive decks, and there are definitely some counters that wreck you, but this attitude of dismissing cards outright before even fully understanding them is foolish.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

it's a pretty decent topdeck late in token-based druid decks. If you run out of things on board late in the game, you drop this and get a full board of 2/2s, and you don't really need all that mana since you're almost completely running cheap cards.

Assuming it stops destroying your mana at 7 crystals, because that's the most minions you can have, you could also conceivably drop Living Mana into Pilfered Power.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
That's the only way to make that even remotely playable. Interesting mechanic.

Everything about the animations there was awesome.

Pooya

that time when you don't draw a single of those 15 raptors ever lol.

7 one drops are hard to play, you need more support cards than the draw 2 one. You need much more draw, if hunter had divine favor I could see it.

gutshot

that time when you don't draw a single of those 15 raptors ever lol.

7 one drops are hard to play, you need more support cards than the draw 2 one. You need much more draw, if hunter had divine favor I could see it.

Yeah, it's easily the hardest quest to complete we've seen so far. And the more I think about it, the more the reward seems less good. The Tundra Rhino dream is going to be rare to pull off. Outside of that, a Flame Imp that cycles is good, but you are going to be pretty far behind if you are playing seven 1-drops earlier in the game, so a bunch of 3/2s might not cut it.

Szadek

The priest card doesn't really punish anything, since you just can't possibly play around it.

The dino is a cool arena card, but doesn't do enough in constructed.

The ooze is pretty powerful. RIP red ooze.

That secret sure is interesting, but it's hard to tell how strong it will be.

Rogue finally gets more good removal like they promissed. Even hitting a 3 drop is great tempo.

Living mana is so random and gets punished really hard by Devolve and a few other cards. Nice for meme decks I suppose.
The worst part is that the give you empty mana back.

Mirage Caller seems pretty powerful, depending on which deathrattle cards you play.
Also, Velen wombo combo is wild.

Corrupting is kind of like doomsayer, so it might get played.
The biggest problem is that it doesn't stop them from playing new minion, but you can't since they are just going to trade the minions that are going to die anyway.

Alley cat for paladins. Seems decent. Sadly has no synergy with most of the recent support.

Molten Blade is fun, but most likely not very good. You are better of just playing a good weapon, which warrior has more than enough of.

Finally, the hunter quest. Playing (not summoning btw) 7 1 cost mana minion is not easy, but the new support could fix that.
You are going to need to play a crap lot of them in order to make this work and also draw to not run out of cards to make this work.
The rewards is great, but possibly too slow for hunters.

fertygo

I dont think its competitive but Hunter's quest is the first quest that made me think "its cool"

all other quest seem lame to me with the reward that barely shift win condition, but hunter quest just looks cool

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think Living Mana is best for really fast decks like like Egg Druid, when you have no cards left to spend mana on by turn 5. Puts 10+ attack on board after AoE is likely already used.

I wonder if the mana you get back is usable that turn, because that card's text actually isn't much of a drawback at all if the crystals returns filled. You could play 5 mana summon 5 2/2s in a lot of decks if there isn't really a drawback.

I will probably hold off on crafting quest cards in the beginning weeks. Too expensive to then later find out it's worthless after meta settled down.
Just too hard to evaluate right now what will be playable. And if a quest is unplayable you have a really expensive dead card in your collection.

Zoggy

Fiery bat
Alley cat
Argent squire
Leper gnome (smorc smorc)

Run 2 of each, that's 8 right there. Probably need at least 10 1 drops, and card draw (lol).

Too hard, too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom