• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Hunter should remain the worst class in the game until they retool the class.

It's not difficult to make Paladin good, only issue is making Paladin good without making them about curvestone/aggro.

That comeback though, and with priest vs renolock nonetheless. More packs for me! :D

Frozen had luck like Pavel did at Blizzcon last year during those matches. Kinda fitting as I'm pretty sure Pavel knocked Frozen out at Blizzcon with some really crazy luck with rng as well.

Crazy to think Pavel got knocked out before Quarterfinals.

fertygo

The matches I watched he was fine. I guess some of his earlier play was poor though? I remember Amnesiac calling him 'aggressively bad' in the Americas tournament.

I remember he making really bad play at prelims especially at knockout round, made some at this run too

He far more solid at this Bahamas run tho, I'm impressed

Yeah some of pro in Amnesiac circle calling him bad, I think Fr0zen is the one that made most mistake among top 4 lol, I bet the circle gonna ignore that because Fr0zen is part of that circle.

Dart

You would think once you hit legend most people would just lay back and play fun creative decks...

lol nope it's the same shiz

Mike Donais already apologizing for the Priest legendary if it's "too good."

Expecting some seriously broken shit then.

Also said the Warrior quest is geared toward control Warrior. Hopefully that works out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mike Donais already apologizing for the Priest legendary if it's "too good."

Expecting some seriously broken shit then.

Also said the Warrior quest is geared toward control Warrior. Hopefully that works out.
I wonder if the Warrior Quest will be to gain X total armor.

Dahbomb

Warrior Quest: Gain 20 armor in a game.

Reward: 5 mana 8/8 Deal damage to the opponent hero equal to your current armor.

CW win condition folks.

Xanathus

That quest would actually be fairly interactive in Standard if they do not introduce more passive armor gain cards like Justicar or Shieldmaiden. You would have to use cards like Alley Armorsmith and Armorsmith with Whirlwind effects in order to achieve that.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That quest would actually be fairly interactive in Standard if they do not introduce more passive armor gain cards like Justicar or Shieldmaiden. You would have to use cards like Alley Armorsmith and Armorsmith with Whirlwind effects in order to achieve that.

There is still Ancient Shieldbearer, the +10 Armor C'thun card.

I wonder if any C'Thun deck will make a comeback with Un'Goro. They all fell off pretty hard.

Pooya

As of now I think paladin is looking even worse. Their cards so far don't address any of the problems.

Then we have the new anti weapon tech cards. Let's say, if pirate warrior is still the aggro deck to beat and not some other aggro deck replaces it, people will run that card. I already said before how I feel about ooze that people think it's not even that good. Truesilver is all paladin has for removal. You don't get value out of that you get rekt. It's not like they have any thing proactive to play in mid game either, that's where most of the games are decided. Usually if you don't get truesilver, you're in a world of pain. If it's going to get worse than now they're completely screwed.

That's my problem with hate cards that can be a little too good. Weapons and upgrading in warrior is broken, the answer is not to punish every other weapon class.

Maybe print some decent minions for paladin to play and can stay on board for you to trade or buff instead of useless buffs that stay in your hand forever. Personally I think some mediocre cards like stormcrack would be good in paladin. I'm not sure how shaman has the best minions to play, best weapons, best spell removals and they get some more every set they don't even play and good board clears added every set for shaman. They even have buffs. Flametongue is way better than blessing of kings if you want to talk buffs. So why play paladin when shaman does everything they do better and more, even for healing shaman is better, paladin heals are far too slow.

Paladin got a 1 mana 2/2 type card. And they got a 2 mana 2/2 that generates a secret via discover.

And the quest minion if accurately reported is a win condition or super value minion.

Only one of the cards for paladin so far is questionable, but it at least serves a very real and straightforward power to create a massive threat.

The main issue paladin has atm is they have a tough time making any early game impact. They already got two tools to help early game and secrets actually aren't that bad early game either. We should expect at least a secret and likely a weapon more.

This reminds me of pre-gvg complaints. Paladin got some good stuff but people weren't willing to see it. Only 4/10 cards officially known according to hearthpwn.

patchday

You would think once you hit legend most people would just lay back and play fun creative decks...

lol nope it's the same shiz

samething at rank 10 (which is a floor too now). I am having more fun in Wild (will make sure not to hit rank 10 there)

edit- Granted just had a nice long 21 round match against an evolve shaman with my control shaman. So I shouldn't complain guess it is really fun at times

Pooya

Those 2 cards are too fair to make a difference. They're good, every bit helps but it's not like they're going to win the game or anything like that. That's the kind of early game drops that are worth running in this game. They're worse than hunter's openers and we know how that fared. Paladin needs some cards with immediate impact, deal damage, kill something, something like that. 1/1s into 2/2 isn't exactly amazing when all of that dies to a dagger or maelstrom portal and you end up behind. The legendary is good for that, it makes the 1/1 spell better too but it needs more support. Their quest reward is certainly good, we'll see what else they have. Generally paladin doesn't have issues in value or in late game so I don't know if they make a difference.

Those 2 cards are too fair to make a difference. They're good, every bit helps but it's not like they're going to win the game or anything like that. That's the kind of early game drops that are worth running in this game. They're worse than hunter's openers and we know how that fared. Paladin needs some cards with immediate impact, deal damage, kill something, something like that. 1/1s into 2/2 isn't exactly amazing when all of that dies to a dagger or maelstrom portal and you end up behind.

Hunter and paladin are two very different classes.

It's amazing how these are the complaints pre-gvg and then by LOE the class was close to bustedly broken, without getting any of those things you're claiming they need btw.

I'd say closest to immediate impact was muster for battle, which was just a 1 attack weapon attached to a decent stat amount. They clearly don't need that much.

Pooya

Paladin was good on the back of shredder/belcher/loatheb curve on top of minibot right into Boom and Tirion. You didn't need answers when it was everyone else that needed answers against you.

You keep bringing up GvG when it has no relevance or similarity to current state of the game whatsoever. Paladin had access to best proactive things to play fro turn 1, they don't now so if they're not getting those again maybe they need better reactive cards.

I'd say closest to immediate impact was muster for battle, which was just a 1 attack weapon attached to a decent stat amount. They clearly don't need that much.

Coghammer was a card.

Paladin was good on the back of shredder/belcher/loatheb curve on top of minibot right into Boom and Tirion. You didn't need answers when it was everyone else that needed answers against you.

You keep bringing up GvG when it has no relevance or similarity to current state of the game whatsoever. Paladin had access to best proactive things to play fro turn 1, they don't now so if they're not getting those again maybe they need better reactive cards.

Coghammer was a card.

I keep bringing up pre-gvg actually. Literally the same complaints.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/43802-gosugamers-exclusive-card-reveal-crackling-razormaw

REVEAL_CARD_HUNTER_Crackling_Razormaw.png

I don't know. Are conditional two drops really what hunter needs?

It's a good card though.

Dahbomb

That's a really powerful card.

Compare this to Argent Protector. Argent Protector always gives a shield and to every minion but has 1 less stat and no tribe. This card has more stats and has a tribe plus in Hunter you are likely to play a big amount of beasts anyways. So it's around as good as that card, I would say better because Hunter always has a ton of beasts in their deck and this can be played on turn 2 naked and you won't feel bad about it.

Oh wait I spent way too much time on reviewing a beast card for a beast Hunter... yawn.

Szadek

http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/43802-gosugamers-exclusive-card-reveal-crackling-razormaw

REVEAL_CARD_HUNTER_Crackling_Razormaw.png

I don't know. Are conditional two drops really what hunter needs?

It's a good card though.
Looks pretty good, having a beast on the board really isn't hard thanks to card like alleycat and ratpack.
Very often you will hit a 1/1 token. So... how good is adabt in this case?
Poison,+3 attack and deathrattle are very strong here, the other effect aren't very impressive ,but that's probably good enough.
The card gets pretty scary once you start buffing you big stuff like highmane or even Huffer.

In the worst case it's just a raptor ,which is fine.

Dahbomb

Imagine getting plus 3 health on this... literally Kabal Talonpriest LOL!

I am sure the Arena guys are going to have fits over this card especially Kripp.

Pooya

that's like a way better sun cleric at minimum in hunter. Beast condition isn't relevant in hunter now that every card they have creates some beast tokens.

I said when msog came out that the trogg they got there will see play after rotation, I don't think it will now... buffing things on your board is just better and this one is a beast. So, rip beast rager or whatever it was called, it was not meant to be. Getaway Kodo is still a good card even with hand buffs dead.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine late game in a midrange hunter and hitting that on a fucking Highmane. Disgusting.

Good card for sure.

Pooya

I don't think I like the fact that hunter can have a better windspeaker in their decks depending on what they get. RNG is too much here. Roll huffer then give it windfury, +3 attack and similar makes a big difference in hunter. It's so much damage.

I always thought people undervalued windfury effects.

JesseZao

Emp leaving alone is going to force everyone to rethink deck building.

On-curve play will be even more important. On the plus side, you can predict turns much easier again.

fertygo

This adapt mechanic not made any fucking sense on low mana minion its should've on 4 drop at minimum

I think this is the first degenerate meta smell of this new xpac

jblank83

Paladin got a 1 mana 2/2 type card. And they got a 2 mana 2/2 that generates a secret via discover.

And the quest minion if accurately reported is a win condition or super value minion.

Only one of the cards for paladin so far is questionable, but it at least serves a very real and straightforward power to create a massive threat.

The main issue paladin has atm is they have a tough time making any early game impact. They already got two tools to help early game and secrets actually aren't that bad early game either. We should expect at least a secret and likely a weapon more.

If any of the Paladin secrets were worth playing from hand they already would. Being able to discover one for "free" means nothing if you still have to play it, full cost, from hand. Tied to a weak 2/2 body makes Hydrologist unimpressive, especially compared to something like that 2 mana 3/2 body beast with adapt. The only caveat here is crazy new synergy/completely OP new secret (even then, we're talking about discover; you might be presented crap secrets; i.e. just play the new secret, not the hydrologist).

And if a 1 mana 2/2 was the answer to Paladin problems, Paladins would just be playing Mistress of Mixtures, which also has the benefit of heal to counter early aggro. It isn't and they don't. Extra non-synergy: it's a spell and won't benefit from hand buff cards.

It combos well with Tarim? Ah, another very slow 2-3 card Paladin combo (6 + 1 + 1 = 8th turn at earliest). What do you get? At best, four 3/3 bodies + 3/7. What is that? A juicy AoE for classes with cheap, effective AoE. That's not a better answer than the buffadin concept, which has already been shown to be too slow/ineffective to compete in the meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom