• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long are the daily bonuses?

Also, I'm in the hearthstone gaf twitch chat channel watching HCT winter

if you want an invite, whisper me @protekt1 or post here if I miss it (not watching this thing all day)

1 pack curse strikes again.
On the bright side I made legend for the first time in a while with a shadow sensei / finja rogue! Glad a fun quirky deck could emerge towards the end of a pretty stale meta.

Dahbomb

How strong would a "Adapt your Silver Hand Recruits." card be in Paladin?
Paladins can't really generate big boards of Silver Hands in Standard anymore.

I think 3 mana Adapt all of your Recruits is probably what it would be made as. That's still super powerful because if you get the +3 option that basically makes it a 2 mana less Bloodlust. Though all the rest of the options are subpar even on a board of 3-4 Recruits so it probably should even be 2 mana.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do you think adapt all your minions options like the murloc one gives you an option per minion or just one option for all the minions? Probably the latter i guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Paladins can't really generate big boards of Silver Hands in Standard anymore.

I think 3 mana Adapt all of your Recruits is probably what it would be made as. That's still super powerful because if you get the +3 option that basically makes it a 2 mana less Bloodlust. Though all the rest of the options are subpar even on a board of 3-4 Recruits so it probably should even be 2 mana.

Stand Against Darkness is 5 Silverhands for 5 mana. Its to slow for anything outside of Darkshire Paladin (Which is like a tier 3 or lower deck). If there was something that permanently buffed Silverhand Recruits, Stand Against Darkness could be super viable.

Stand Against Darkness is 5 Silverhands for 5 mana. Its to slow for anything outside of Darkshire Paladin (Which is like a tier 3 or lower deck). If there was something that permanently buffed Silverhand Recruits, Stand Against Darkness could be super viable.

Could use with darkshire 3 drop, and the new legend that buffs to 3/3

patchday

finally got a chance to play ranked (havent played since last weekend).

rank 10 achieved. just had to wait for all the legendary players to clear out I guess. didnt see a single Jade Druid. Today was a truly blessed day

my dragon warrior put in major work and went 11-3. I can just feel the shock from my opponent cause I know they're assuming I'm a pirate warrior

Now I can relax and go screw around or maybe push for rank 5. But will probably park at 10 cause all these new games dropped.

Glad this new Brawl is PvE. Been doing my quests there

Damn you Pavel!

I'm a jinx.

ya man what the fuuuuuuddddgge. He done pulled a Thijs.

my daughter was having her birthday party so walked away when it Pavel 2 - 0. come back during the party to check and found out he lost

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
what daily login bonuses? They announced they going to pull a Shadowverse?? This is news too me

Leading up to the release only. Seems to be their bonus for this set instead of quests for packs.

Day 1: 50 Gold
Day 2: 1 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Pack
Day 3: 100 Arcane Dust
Day 4: 1 Old Gods Pack
Day 5: 1 Journey to Un'Goro Pack
Day 6: 50 Gold
Day 7: 1 Journey to Un'Goro Pack
Day 8 - Day 14: 50 Gold

Total: 4 packs (2 of Un'Goro), 450 gold and 100 dust

That was the list that leaked from data mining but during yesterday's announcement they mentioned getting a golden rare so that list might be wrong or incomplete.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They are changing them up though. They revealed they are giving players a free golden Volcanosaur as a daily login bonus, which is not on the list.

jblank83

Paladin salt towards rogue cards? Unimaginable!

As someone who plays both sides, rogue has gotten tons of mediocre cards, way worse than dinosize. That card btw, it's not unplayable. It might not be good enough. We'll see. But it at least serves some clear purpose.

Rotation is going to hurt Rogue, yes. Every class gets shitty cards, yes. My complaint isn't about Rogue, or Mage, or Warlock though. It's about Paladin.

Paladin is in the dumpster and has been most of standard since release, with only brief highlights here and there, such as GvG and the heydey of Midrange with value cards like Minibot, or the Mysterious Challenger nightmare, or the (very) brief episodes of popularity of Anyfin Paladin. The class archetype just does not work: expensive buffs that require controlling the board without cheap powerful AoE or cheap effective removal or extraordinarily high value early game cards is just not a workable concept in a game where other classes have some or even all of those tools.

Too many Paladin deck builds require multiple card combos or extraordinary slow buildups, like equality + consecrate/pyro, or slow (and ridiculous) cards like Bolvar, or the current "buffadin" concept. And too many Paladin decks are built largely on neutral cards, which goes to show how weak their core cards are.

Rotation is going to hurt Paladin just as much as anyone else. Given the already miserable state of the class, that makes something like Dinosize completely uninteresting, at best.

TL;DR: Paladin is shite and Blizzard isn't doing much about it.

patchday

funny I just knew MSoG only gave rogues counterfeit coin. But after it dropped I found myself having fun with Shadow Sensei (way before it became meta) & Shaku (which I got lucky getting from a pack the 1st week of expansion).

looking forward to the new meta. I hope rogue will remain playable but I think it always will be cause Malygos isn't going anywhere at the very least. so if meta slows down thats always an option.

(and of course stealth/water rogue will still be a thing if meta still quick)

edit- Hm, I think losing Azure Drake will HURT more than anything. I think all my rogue decks have that card.

jblank83

tumblr-raoys-the-shining-30920004.jpg

Something something, Ben Brode, something something, joke.

jblank83

Except we've already seen two early game cards and a possible finisher. Historical weaknesses for the class. So...

1 mana > 1/1 + 1/1
2 mana > 2/2 + discover a secret
8 mana > 10 dmg less versatile than pyro

None of these would be sufficient in the current meta, much less the coming meta.

Living Roots is a better card than Lost in the Jungle and even then Living Roots isn't a meta beater. Lost in the Jungle is not an answer to Jade. It's not an answer to Pirate. Lost in the Jungle is not interesting in a meta where Mistress of Mixtures is a more effective neutral early game answer to aggro. It's not a bad card, but it's also unlikely to be an answer to what will certainly be more power creep to come. The only caveat is crazy Recruit buffing synergy, which may still happen.

Hydrologist is not the start of a new class concept when the secret has to be discovered. Not only that, Paladin secrets are currently not great and they are losing 2 of their secrets in the rotation (sacred trial + competitive spirit), meaning you'll be choosing from a variety of secrets that have little impact on the early game AND the secret has to be played from hand. It also has an uninteresting stat-line. The only caveat being crazy new secrets and/or crazy new secret synergy.

Dinosize has already been discussed.

Here's what I see: underpowered cards reliant on yet more combos sent out to face more powerful cards more effective at taking and controlling the board. I don't see powerhouse early game cards. I see uninteresting cards that will do little to change Paladin's place in the dumpster.

Yes, there are more reveals to come. I hope to see something interesting, but nothing shown so far is going to change Paladin's status.

Rotation is going to hurt Rogue, yes. Every class gets shitty cards, yes. My complaint isn't about Rogue, or Mage, or Warlock though. It's about Paladin.

Paladin is in the dumpster and has been most of standard since release, with only brief highlights here and there, such as GvG and the heydey of Midrange with value cards like Minibot, or the Mysterious Challenger nightmare, or the (very) brief episodes of popularity of Anyfin Paladin. The class archetype just does not work: expensive buffs that require controlling the board without cheap powerful AoE or cheap effective removal or extraordinarily high value early game cards is just not a workable concept in a game where other classes have some or even all of those tools.

Too many Paladin deck builds require multiple card combos or extraordinary slow buildups, like equality + consecrate/pyro, or slow (and ridiculous) cards like Bolvar, or the current "buffadin" concept. And too many Paladin decks are built largely on neutral cards, which goes to show how weak their core cards are.

Rotation is going to hurt Paladin just as much as anyone else. Given the already miserable state of the class, that makes something like Dinosize completely uninteresting, at best.

TL;DR: Paladin is shite and Blizzard isn't doing much about it.

Paladin didn't have such a bad year. Anyfin was quite strong in several metas. N'zoth paladin was also strong in several metas. And a before last year paladin was high tiered except for classic.

This is like hunters complaining about lack of strong cards after all the periods of dominance they've had in the past.

Paladin had quite a bad year. There's been 1 viable deck that stayed around for longer than the post launch month and even that ended up more of a rogue deck than meta, not the class, with Gadgetzan.

Hunter and paladin players have every right to complain. Past dominance does not matter when you cut the dominant cards right out. Blizzard did a crappy job with either class.

Even priests had every reason despite fuck priest.

Dahbomb

Priest had it worst than either Hunter or Paladin. People really have short memories (or probably selective memory). Blizzard had to print blatantly busted card to make Priest decent.

jblank83

Paladin didn't have such a bad year. Anyfin was quite strong in several metas. N'zoth paladin was also strong in several metas. And a before last year paladin was high tiered except for classic.

This is like hunters complaining about lack of strong cards after all the periods of dominance they've had in the past.

Anyfin has always been a 2nd tier deck. I remember a brief period where it was irritatingly dominant, but it didn't last long and was more an amusement because of the gimmicky nature of the deck. N'zoth Paladin was pretty good, yes, largely because Tirion is great. And Midrange was always very strong, until those high value early game cards (minibot, muster) rotated.

But the problems are, again, Blizzard pushing the buffing concept (that is to say, Dinosize sucks) and the weakness of the core card set. Which makes the class overly fragile when cards rotate and difficult to build on with new sets.

Priest had it worst than either Hunter or Paladin. People really have short memories (or probably selective memory). Blizzard had to print blatantly busted card to make Priest decent.

I've been playing since closed beta. Yes, Priest had a shitty run as well. Yes, they'll have problems when cards like Dragon OP rotate.

That doesn't mean Paladin and Hunter players shouldn't be concerned about the forthcoming set, nor the problems inherent to their class (mostly Paladin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom