• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

I don't think I like the fact that hunter can have a better windspeaker in their decks depending on what they get. RNG is too much here. Roll huffer then give it windfury, +3 attack and similar makes a big difference in hunter. It's so much damage.

I always thought people undervalued windfury effects.
Windfury is good for hitting face and literally nothing else
When it comes to board control, windfury does fuck all.
The only WF cards that ever got played seriously were Al'kir and Doomhammer (since they can attack right away),Raging Worgen (because OTK combos) as well as Whirling Zap-o-matic(since the WF comes basically for free).

gutshot

New Hunter 2-drop looks solid. Text is potentially powerful but it's conditional and there is some variance to it. Not a super OP busted card, but decent. Definitely will be run in Beast Hunter and could see play in a Quest Hunter deck as well.

I picked frozen without looking at his line ups. I just knew he was a good player and felt his time could be coming up. Also just like the style of decks and plays he makes.

I nearly picked fr0zen but someone on here posted something that turned me off, think it was about him taking Avianna/Kun OTK. Should've followed my gut instinct.

wiibomb

http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/news/43802-gosugamers-exclusive-card-reveal-crackling-razormaw

REVEAL_CARD_HUNTER_Crackling_Razormaw.png

I don't know. Are conditional two drops really what hunter needs?

It's a good card though.

this is a really powerful card considering there are 2 very good 1 drops for hunter right now, alley cat which is just very sticky and fiery bat which is really powerful.

amazing card.

patchday

I nearly picked fr0zen but someone on here posted something that turned me off, think it was about him taking Avianna/Kun OTK. Should've followed my gut instinct.

yeah it's my bad. I really wanted to go Fr0zen. Only reason I went with PAvel cause literally all my friends did. And of course he gets spanked because that's just Hearthstone.

on the bright side you're only missing out on 3 measly WoTG packs meh. Now if it were Ungoro packs I'd be furious

[edit] hopefully next season they structure 'Pick a Champion' better tho. Let us pick a main champ, runner up, etc. Or even better run it like Smite where you can vote on each battle to maintain interest. The way its currently setup soon as my champ loses I lose interest til the final battle (cause my champ always loses, last time I randomly choose bbgungun)

yeah it's my bad. I really wanted to go Fr0zen. Only reason I went with PAvel cause literally all my friends did. And of course he gets spanked because that's just Hearthstone.

on the bright side you're only missing out on 3 measly WoTG packs meh. Now if it were Ungoro packs I'd be furious

[edit] hopefully next season they structure 'Pick a Champion' better tho. Let us pick a main champ, runner up, etc. Or even better run it like Smite where you can vote on each battle to maintain interest. The way its currently setup soon as my champ loses I lose interest til the final battle (cause my champ always loses, last time I randomly choose bbgungun)

I picked "1 pack" Pavel, too. I picked Thijs last time. Think I should just accept I'll only ever get 1 pack from this voting thing unless they change it.

Razormaw seems really broken to me just on the basis that Fiery Bat and Alleycat exist. Like, if your Fiery Bat sticks on turn 1 and then you adapt it you're just ridiculously far ahead at that point.

Edit: Also it's not like the card loses much in the late game either. Like, adapting your Highmane is equally as insane.

patchday

I was so sure Fr0zen's Avianna/Kun deck would screw him over. But I liked his decks by far. He's probably the only pro with some original thought put into it.

only other guy I recall debating was DocPwn because he went undefeated at the previous Hearthstone tournament

I was so sure Fr0zen's Avianna/Kun deck would screw him over. But I liked his decks by far. He's probably the only pro with some original thought put into it.

only other guy I recall debating was DocPwn because he went undefeated at the previous Hearthstone tournament

That druid deck was really strong in the Trinity series. Carried luminosity to the finals

Magnus

ELI5: What determines which decks are played in a series? Chosen at random?

And if a deck is defeated, is it not selectable again in that series?

If that's the case, how did Shtan get to use Rogue twice in a row there?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Decks are chosen by the participators. Once a deck gets a win it's done.

squidyj

players presubmitted 5 decks from 5 different classes, at the start of a match each player bans one of their opponent's decks.
Players are then free to select whatever deck they want to play for each game except for those which have been eliminated.
The format is conquest, decks are eliminated after winning, not after losing, you have to get a win with each of your 4 remaining decks in order to win.

Magnus

Decks are chosen by the participators. Once a deck gets a win it's done.

players presubmitted 5 decks from 5 different classes, at the start of a match each player bans one of their opponent's decks.
Players are then free to select whatever deck they want to play for each game except for those which have been eliminated.
The format is conquest, decks are eliminated after winning, not after losing, you have to get a win with each of your 4 remaining decks in order to win.

Oh. Ok.

And then, what determines which decks are played each match? They each select without seeing the other's?

squidyj

Oh. Ok.

And then, what determines which decks are played each match? They each select without seeing the other's?

before the start of the tournament each player submitted a list of 5 decks, thats what i meant by presubmitted. Each player knows every card in his opponents decks.

for each game in a match each player chooses which deck to select without knowing which deck their opponent will choose.

Pooya

I didn't watch any of the games till now, I picked shtan because I liked his deck building in the past, he has made a lot of to be meta decks. Looks like it was a good pick.

Crosseyes

Banned
That whole tournament was pretty fun to watch IMO.

Granted there's the caveat that Pirate Warrior was brought a ton and got banned like 90% of the time and there's no way around that on ladder.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
My pick apparently only got me two packs, but at least he took out Pavel.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Donais said hunter is getting two 1 drop beasts. Yeek.

"How do you know they're all underpowered? Did somebody go out in the game and pull up the hunters' decks?"

"We control their card pool. It's really not that difficult. All classes are inherently slow and underpowered anyway. They just require an extra overpowered aggro card at the right development stage to make them dominate the meta. We simply deny them that."

"Deny them that?"

"The kind of control you're attempting is, it's not possible. If there's one thing that the history of Hearthstone has taught us it's that Hunter will not be contained. Hunter breaks free. It expands to new territories. It crashes through barriers painfully maybe even dangerously, but, uh, well, there it is."

"There it is."

"You're implying that a class composed entirely of underpowered cards will succeed?"

"No, I'm simply saying that Hunter finds a way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom