• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
March 29 50 gold
March 30 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card pack
March 31 100 Dust
April 1 Whispers of the Old Gods card pack
April 2 Journey to Un’Goro card pack
April 3 50 gold
April 4 Journey to Un’Goro card pack
April 5*

at1qb4fprc0h1490230090560.gif

Jesus, that looks amazing

Wait... didnt you quit Hearthstone a few weeks ago?

gutshot

I'm sitting on 4000g and about 15k dust plus whatever I get from the Hall of Fame rotation. I should be able to craft everything I want that I don't get from packs.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Many predicted Pirate Warrior is the deck to play at first glance they see Patches

I don't think this is actually true.

I don't think people knew pirates would be good until they saw Small-Time Buccaneer.

wiibomb

Nah STB revealed like in last batch of reveal

a lot of people say Patches is crazy before that

to be honest I remember me and a lot of other people here didn't think patches was going to be good before STB, now we all know the card is still nuts without it, but the STB reveal skyrocketed the expectations

fertygo

to be honest I remember me and a lot of other people here didn't think patches was going to be good before STB, now we all know the card is still nuts without it, but the STB reveal skyrocketed the expectations

Bunch of Weirdoes..

I think example o what I said is where Amaz already said Patches is crazy at his review, or all G2 member (Thijs, LC, RDU) all list Patches in their top 5 card, and this all before last day reveal

ZealousD

Nah STB revealed like in last batch of reveal

a lot of people say Patches is crazy before that

A lot of people said Patches was crazy before STB. I know I did. But that's not what you said. You said people were predicting Pirate Warrior would be top of the meta at the initial Patches reveal. Like you said, STB was revealed in the last batch and it was just as meta-defining as Patches.

We're seeing some early game Hunter cards, but they could still easily be pushed out of the meta if there are other decks with faster early game cards than Hunter.

You play Hunter from day 1 IMO LMAO

Like.. its no question to me after new cards out, Hunter went from can't win against Pirate to absolutely eat Pirate

the 1 drop curve into that pirate eater thing always gonna made you in lead against pirate as Hunter

God help us if they actually can be able run patches too

I think a fair amount of the defensive tools they've added should keep hunter in check. The new-anti weapon tool, and still even just acidic swamp ooze, punishes hunter as much if not more than warrior. Then they've added new taunts as well. The pirate eating crab thing doesn't even seem that good tbh.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty insane when curved with Kindly Grandmother.

A bit too clunky to fit overall though. Maybe can be played in Wild.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Decent effect and if you get kindly grandmother or something with it, it's wonderful. Not sure what else I'd want to hit on curve. In Wild, you get a lot more haunted creeper, mad scientist, etc.

This s def good on midrange hunter in wild.

wiibomb

Lesser nothing this is way way way better than Huhuran.

no no, I meant smaller... yeah, lesser gives it like it is less valuable.

can this be viable with such stats? are there that many deathrattles from hunter to exploit other than highmane? the 1 drop doesn't seem good since it dilutes the deck a bit.

EDIT: oh! kindly grandmother, yeah it does have potential

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I like that it probably sucks in aggro.

If hunter got any cards like mark of the lotus the ability to go wide with this card would be disgusting.

ZealousD

So why is Huhuran a Legendary now?

I mean, Huhuran technically has an extra stat for its cost.

Anyway this card is stupid powerful when you curve into it from Kindly Grandmother, Haunted Creeper, or Nerbuian Egg. But open question as to whether or not it's still too situational. Unearthed Raptor didn't exactly set the world on fire with an extra stat on its butt, although admittedly Rogue didn't have Kindly Grandmother and that's a bit slower.

gutshot

This potentially synergizes with Quest Hunter too, allowing you to put more of those 4/3 Raptors into your deck that you won't be as sad to draw in the mid-to-late game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait... didnt you quit Hearthstone a few weeks ago?

Please quote me exactly where I state that I'm quitting the game? I've said, multiple times, that the game is absolute trash and that I can't wait for this game to tank - but I haven't said that I'm done with it.

Szadek

Huhuran and feign death never saw much play,so this card might end up not getting played either.
However, at 3 mana it's much easier to combo Huhuran, so there is some hope for this card.
I think this card with battlecries would be more interesting and not such a huhuran reprint.
If I were you I would have quite the game at least 4 months ago.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel like a card as such is due now that brann is rotating out, and it wouldn't be as insane if I just replicate 1 extra battlecry

The issue with that is that they are printing quite a few powerful battle cries, like set your hero's health to 40, and add 15 Raptors to your deck. If they put it on a class card, it would sort of prevent them from creating a really powerful battle cry for the class for 2 years.

I just don't see Blizard doing it.

wiibomb

The issue with that is that they are printing quite a few powerful battle cries, like set your hero's health to 40, and add 15 Raptors to your deck. If they put it on a class card, it would sort of prevent them from creating a really powerful battle cry for the class for 2 years.

I just don't see Blizard doing it.

I can see that, yeah.

although with cards as Amara, I would be very tempted to include a youthful brewmaster instead of replicating the effect with a card, same with the hunter queen.

it just makes a little more sense to have those legendaries for longer runs

Raxus

I get the feeling this particular card is built for the N'Zoth type of hunter decks. Kindly Grandmother, Fiery Bat, Rat Pack, Shaky Zipgunner, Infested Wolf, Savannah Highmane and the new 2/1 dino thing.

It has plenty of targets, seems OK.

Problem is aside from kindly GM it just has garbo deathrattles to work with. Keep in mind there is a 3 mana 3/4 that gives you free secrets as well. You really have to bend backwards to factor in most of the deathrattle trigger cards.

gutshot

Thunder Lizard seems really bad. A conditional Adapt effect on an understated minion? Blech.

Stegodon is the promised Silver Hand synergy. If only Muster was still a thing. Without it, this seems probably not good enough.

wiibomb

the thuder lizard can fit the elemental decks for sure, but depends if there are better options

the paladin card doesn't seem that good if it just adapts a silverhand recruit

gutshot

3/6, 6/3, 4/4, 3/3 Divine Shield.

These are all really nice when you're playing Curvestone.

Yeah, but sometimes you are going to miss and not get any of those options. Or you won't be able to curve into this with an Elemental the previous turn (is there even a 2-drop Elemental yet?). I guess if there is literally no other options at 3 for Elemental decks, you might pick this. But otherwise it's just pack filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom