• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, but sometimes you are going to miss and not get any of those options. Or you won't be able to curve into this with an Elemental the previous turn (is there even a 2-drop Elemental yet?). I guess if there is literally no other options at 3 for Elemental decks, you might pick this. But otherwise it's just pack filler.

4/10 when you have a Pick 3 is solid. I think if you do play an Elemental on Turn 2 it is nice.

Fair enough point that we don't know any elementals at 2 mana yet (unless you want to drop both Fire Fly and Flame Elemental), and it could also be poor if there's an elemental synergy card at 4 mana that you really want.

I will reserve judgement until we see the rest of the set.

Just got email I got chosen to represent Indonesia in hearthstone global games.

Awesome! Grats dude.

Peléo

Yeah, but sometimes you are going to miss and not get any of those options. Or you won't be able to curve into this with an Elemental the previous turn (is there even a 2-drop Elemental yet?). I guess if there is literally no other options at 3 for Elemental decks, you might pick this. But otherwise it's just pack filler.

636253552838215542.png

This one is more suited for more defensive decks though.

Szadek

Thunder Lizard is a 4 mana card for 3 most of the time if you can get the adapt consistently, but playing it just has a 3/3 is a bad tempo play and can lose you the game.

Stegodon is not very impressive, since recurits rarely stay on the filed for very long since moat people clear them asap.
Doesn't help that most of the adapt abilties don't work well on them.
Tokens are always great, attack and posion are good if you can attack with them in same turn, but others are very meh.

Doesn't help that stats are way worse than the murloc and beast adapt card.

fertygo

Thanks for the kind word and maybe vote guys because I really only campaigning in this thread lol

I néed to clarify several thing with the admin before sure I really gonna play tho

Dahbomb

LOL we were just talking about Adapting your Recruits.

Seems like they value Adapting your recruits at 1 mana given that's a 4 mana 3/4. That's probably fine I think especially in Standard.

Raxus

Peléo;232858752 said:
This one is more suited for more defensive decks though.

Aggro decks played taunt all the time. It protected their weaker minions from being cleared out quickly. I am sure tar creeper will be no exception.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
LOL we were just talking about Adapting your Recruits.

Seems like they value Adapting your recruits at 1 mana given that's a 4 mana 3/4. That's probably fine I think especially in Standard.

I just realized the ramifications of humans being adapted.

*Flaming Claws*
"MY HANDS ARE ON FIRE. AHHHHHHHH"

*Rocky Carapace*
"OH MY GOD MY SKIN IS NOW MADE OF ROCKS*

*Living Spores*
"JESUS CHRIST! I HAVE GIANT GREEN BOILS ALL OVER MY BODY! IT FEELS LIKE THERES SOMETHING CRAWLING WITHIN THEM."

*Volcanic Might*
"HOLY SHIT I'M ON FIRE"

Peléo

Aggro decks played taunt all the time. It protected their weaker minions from being cleared out quickly. I am sure tar creeper will be no exception.

That's true. I think it will be a staple in Zoo Imp Gang Boss rotating out. Opponents will have a hard time having to clear both Councilman plus two other 5 Health minions early in the game.

Szadek

I just realized the ramifications of humans being adapted.

*Flaming Claws*
"MY HANDS ARE ON FIRE. AHHHHHHHH"

*Rocky Carapace*
"OH MY GOD MY SKIN IS NOW MADE OF ROCKS*

*Living Spores*
"JESUS CHRIST! I HAVE GIANT GREEN BOILS ALL OVER MY BODY! IT FEELS LIKE THERES SOMETHING CRAWLING WITHIN THEM."

*Volcanic Might*
"HOLY SHIT I'M ON FIRE"
I like the idea of a silver hand recruit killing people by spitting at them, but Liquid Membrane is pretty scary as well.

Is it just me or does Lightfused Stegodon seems like complete garbage? I can't imagine Paladin ever running that.

Starting to think Blizzard has no clue what to do with this class.

Szadek

Is it just me or does Lightfused Stegodon seems like complete garbage? I can't imagine Paladin ever running that.

The card should probably cost 3 mana to be honest.
It really isn't stronger than the stuff warriors, priest and warlocks have for that mana cost.
at best it's intended for wild at worst Blizzard actually thinks Paladin can have any board presence.
I'm almost certain they don't give a single fuck about wild.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I don't see it getting play outside of Meme Decks, but we still have 4 more cards to be shown, maybe there is some really good recruit Synergy with them.

But for Meme Decks, its great. You got Muster for Battle, Stand Against Darkness, Lost in the Jungle, Silver Hand Regent, Quartermaster, Warhorse Trainer, Justicar, and now this Lightfused Stegodon. Toss in a pair of Steward of Darkshires, and you got 17 cards right there. Just pad it out with some removal and good cards, and you got yourself a Silver Hand Deck.

Dahbomb

Seems like they are giving more support to the whole "flood board with Recruits" archetype for Paladin.

They kinda already had that before with Midrange Paladin using Quartermaster, Muster for Battle and Justicar so this is not really new/exciting territory to be honest.

You got Truesilver, and Pyro + Equality. What more could you need! There is even Consecration and Enter the Coliseum.

Oh, and Avenging Wrath. Yeah, its not like Blizard is about to print a very similar card in another class that is significantly better than it.
Truesilver is the only card of those that's great, equality is a niche card w/o pyro and with pyro it's a board wipe in a class that's all about minions and board presence.

What I could need is actual removal, good removal, removal that doesn't require me to punch my face into 5/5s over and over.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Recruits are pretty much a Tribe at this point, yeah? This new card just solidifies it.

Yeah, the only thing that is disappointing is that Silver Hand Murlocs don't count as Silver Hand Recruits.

Its complete bullshit, look how adorable they are:

Silver_Hand_Murloc%2835275%29.png

th3dude

My first time really getting into the game after just dabbling in the past.

Built a Jade Shaman deck and liked it OK. Tried Jade Druid too and it was OK.

But I found a deck I'm really enjoying: Buff Paladin. Lots of fun and it is SO satisfying to consistently beat Pirate Warriors and Dragon Priests.

This is my first time playing a lot before a rotation. Cards I will NOT miss:

* Reno - never really built any good decks that focused on him, and it is so annoying to play against
* Bran - Eh, I've used him in a few decks (Jade Shaman), but hate trying to focus on the synergy. Another annoying card in my opinion.

May try to crack Rank 10 this month (15 is my current best. Currently at 14).

V-Faction

Honestly, Silver Hand Recruits feel like sitcom stars that just end up in wacky situations every expansion. Like, "Lost in the Jungle"?? What the heck are they doing in Un'Goro.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way.
Your class's a joke, you're broke; your playtime's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in Chicken Tier,
Kraken sucked and now it's time for another Mammoth Yeeeear, but...

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
(Like I've been there before)
MY MANA COST IS ONLY TWO
(Got Adapted by a Dinosaur)
OOPS, I DIED, NOW YOU"RE SCREWED
(Concede by Turn fooooooour)

cHinzo

Understatted again and it's still a question how powerful an adapt is for an 1/1 lol. Not feeling it, without cards like Muster and Quartermaster in standard. Lost in the Jungle and Stand against Darkness aren't exactly great cards. Would be easier to get some board presence with the enhanced hero power which poops out 2 recruits with Justicar, but sadly that card is also gone. Can we get some cool spells for once? Or a cool secret!

The Hunter card looks cool though. Lots of synergy with the deathrattle stuff for a cheap price.

Szadek

Watch out, meta. Watch out, Jade decks. Watch your back, Pirate Warrior.

Paladin coming at ya with a board full of windfury 1/1s.
Get ready for the Young Dragonhawk meta!

But seriously, it's going to be very hard for any new deck to find a spot in the meta thanks to pirats and jades.

wiibomb

Wait, why is Lifecoach on the German Global Games team? I thought he quit Hearthstone.

it amusing how many people thought that...

he didn't quit it as a whole, as far as I know, he just quit streaming and laddering it, now he just plays it casually and not on streams

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
it amusing how many people thought that...

he didn't quit it as a whole, as far as I know, he just quit streaming and laddering it, now he just plays it casually and not on streams

Where do you get that he plays it casually off stream? He doesn't seem like a guy that does anything casually.

He did say he's open to doing invitationals because those are fun and I guess he might practice for that a little, but I don't think that exactly counts as playing casually though.

AndersK

Honestly, Silver Hand Recruits feel like sitcom stars that just end up in wacky situations every expansion. Like, "Lost in the Jungle"?? What the heck are they doing in Un'Goro.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way.
Your class's a joke, you're broke; your playtime's D.O.A.
It's like you're always stuck in Chicken Tier,
Kraken sucked and now it's time for another Mammoth Yeeeear, but...

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
(Like I've been there before)
MY MANA COST IS ONLY TWO
(Got Adapted by a Dinosaur)
OOPS, I DIED, NOW YOU"RE SCREWED
(Concede by Turn fooooooour)

This made me happy.

I think that 3 drop beast with adapt, I think this is actually a pretty good card. We'll have to see the options for 2 drop elementals fully, but that is potentially a 3/6 minion, a 3/3 divine shield, 3/3 stealth if needed. Seems pretty solid tbh.

I just realized one of the best adapts for the silver hand recruits is the deathrattle summon 2x 1/1s. Basically double the amount of small bodies on the field.

Wait, why is Lifecoach on the German Global Games team? I thought he quit Hearthstone.

Nah, he didn't quit hearthstone entirely. He is just not trying for blizcon mostly, meaning no ladder grinds or tournaments for points.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Jeesus that new dinosaur is gonna be nutso in Wild with Mustard and the usual OP crew. Minibot,Muster, this guy for aggressive decks, can be better than shredder depending on what adaptations you get.

Jeesus that new dinosaur is gonna be nutso in Wild with Mustard and the usual OP crew. Minibot,Muster, this guy for aggressive decks, can be better than shredder depending on what adaptations you get.
I already took out Shredders out of my Secret Paladin and replaced them with Aldor Peacekeepers. It's not rare to have a bunch of recruits and recruits also tend to be avenge targets. I could see myself trying this one out.

manhack

Yeah, the whole Lifecoach quitting thing is annoying because most people thought he quit based on the reddit headlines and all the comments, but the video he posted did not say he would quit.

gutshot

You all interested in doing the Hearthstone GAF card vote spreadsheet again? We did pretty well last time and I'm curious to see if that was just a fluke or if we really are amazing at reviewing cards.

If there's interest, I'll start setting it up now and hopefully have it ready to go sometime after all the cards are revealed on Friday.

squidyj

You all interested in doing the Hearthstone GAF card vote spreadsheet again? We did pretty well last time and I'm curious to see if that was just a fluke or if we really are amazing at reviewing cards.

If there's interest, I'll start setting it up now and hopefully have it ready to go sometime after all the cards are revealed on Friday.

yeah im definitely interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom