• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

patchday

I think even in Eternal you choose which card you want to discard. I've seen it when my hand got too full and I thought that was such a nice feature. too bad that game has mana screw/flooding it would be such an awesome CCG if you could actually play yer cards lol (to be fair I haven't played it since release)

fertygo

Well Silence Priest is very good deck, its just as good as quest rogue

there's couple more bad matchup against control deck such as control warrior or pally, but its less hopeless vs aggro

sibarraz

Banned
Between Burn Mage and Secret Mage, I have to wonder, which deck is better for laddering?

In one hand secret mage can win games really fast, and with the perfect curve it can snowball almost any deck really fast, but in the other hand if you don't have a good curve at the beggining, you don't have that many comeback mechanics, unlike burn mage which has a worse start but its late game is stronger.

At least I'm changing between them when I'm having a lose streak

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Between Burn Mage and Secret Mage, I have to wonder, which deck is better for laddering?

In one hand secret mage can win games really fast, and with the perfect curve it can snowball almost any deck really fast, but in the other hand if you don't have a good curve at the beggining, you don't have that many comeback mechanics, unlike burn mage which has a worse start but its late game is stronger.

At least I'm changing between them when I'm having a lose streak

Their winrates are pretty similar. Just go with whichever one fits your playstyle.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Their winrates are pretty similar. Just go with whichever one fits your playstyle.

I always like playing secrets because there's no better feeling in a card game than completely anticipating your opponent's next move and shutting them down completely. You feel like a damn genius when you Counterspell somebody's quest reward or Snipe somebody's Finja, even if it didn't actually take that much intelligence to set up the play.

Well I finally got a second ungoro legendary, Tyrantus. Took close to 40 packs like my first one. He doesn't seem great so to console myself I did a dumb thing and murdered my dust stock crafting Lightlord. Reading this page reminded me I still haven't made Thalnos. Need to get on that.

wiibomb

What a terrible session I had today...

Descended 2 ranks today from rank 2. The abscence winstreak bonus are hurting me bad now that i cannot climb faster.

ZealousD

Been working slowly but surely on the Un'goro blast video. I'm still probably a month out from releasing it and doing the re-review stream, but oh man. This video is going to be hard to cut down. I've got Amaz and Trump down for 19 and 20 possible blasts, respectively. It's gonna be a bloodbath. I think this is the worst the streamers have ever done, for any release.

Dahbomb

I know this is the worst that I have personally done by a mile. I was on an uptrend too when it came to predicting cards but man this time I am going to be pulled through the shitter.

Ok it's not that bad but it's still my worst set prediction wise.

ZealousD

Our first couple of reviews were kind of rough. I think we had something like 8-10 blasts each in TGT or something, but we got better over time. But we weren't working off the same system so I'm not really sure.

But this set, from a streamer POV for sure, just had some really bad picks. The Marsh Queen, Lakkari Sacrifice, and Open the Waygate are arguably the most overrated cards in the history of the game. Lots of stremers giving them 5 stars or calling them some of the best cards in the set. Truth comes out and they're actually some of the worst cards in the set.

Sande

Okay, that was the first time in like 10 tries that a mage pulled off the quest Antonidas combo, but damn if it still isn't bullshit. I had him at 1 health with 30 damage on board for 4 or 5 turns, but what are you gonna do. The guy was running every random spell generation card under the sun, so I guess getting lucky ice blocks was his game plan.

Fun AND interactive.

A good fix for Ice block could be "when you take lethal damage, gain 20 armor for this turn." So a massive board would still just kill them. Or just retire the damn thing, it had a good run.

Dahbomb

My predictions were spot on and I'll never forget arguing over quest rogue. I was told the deck loses to everything, including shitty fatigue decks.
Did you rate on the GAF spreadsheet? I don't see you on there.

The one I had with Zealous is not that bad overall. I thought I had Quest Rogue at 2 but it's at 3 so I am good on that.

Right now Living Mana, Sherazin, Razorpetal Lasher and Emerald Reaver are the main cards I called wrong.

The one I had with Zealous is not that bad overall. I thought I had Quest Rogue at 2 but it's at 3 so I am good on that.

Right now Living Mana, Sherazin, Razorleaf Petal and Emerald Reaver are the main cards I called wrong.

I don't remember. Quest rogue is not a 3, it's a 4 if not 5 easily.

Sande

I killed midrange paladin as Kazakus priest on turn 7. Mana Geode put in some work that game.

Curious Glimmerroot might be my favourite card in the set. Such a cool design.

I killed midrange paladin as Kazakus priest on turn 7. Mana Geode put in some work that game.

Curious Glimmerroot might be my favourite card in the set. Such a cool design.

Glimmerroot is too easy imo. I think I've seen it failed maaaybe twice, even when I was running a non meta deck stealth rogue.

Dahbomb

Glimeroot was an experiment card. Now they know how powerful that effect is (essentially draw a card) and they can make cards with that power level in mind.

Unite the Murlocs is just dust right?
Well I finally got a second ungoro legendary, Tyrantus. Took close to 40 packs like my first one. He doesn't seem great so to console myself I did a dumb thing and murdered my dust stock crafting Lightlord. Reading this page reminded me I still haven't made Thalnos. Need to get on that.
Same here, I'd guess I got my 2nd leg on the ~70th pack. It's the shammy questmso a bust as well but still better than Tyrantus.

Nordicus

Free Fight Promoter?
I think even in Eternal you choose which card you want to discard. I've seen it when my hand got too full and I thought that was such a nice feature. too bad that game has mana screw/flooding it would be such an awesome CCG if you could actually play yer cards lol (to be fair I haven't played it since release)
Yeah, you can decide what to discard at end of turn when you have 10-12 card hand and slim down to 9 cards, any card drawn putting your hand size above 12 gets discarded HS style

I guess similar soft cap could work in HS at say, 8 cards?

So I'm now 7-7 with quest rogue at rank 18. If it's such a strong deck, why am I not powering up the ladder? I just lost to a priest because I drew only two bounce cards the whole game. I think that one was impossible to win. Couple that with the unwinnable hunter match up every other game and how am I supposed to climb?

Someone please tell me.

Blizzard

Banned
So I'm now 7-7 with quest rogue at rank 18. If it's such a strong deck, why am I not powering up the ladder? I just lost to a priest because I drew only two bounce cards the whole game. I think that one was impossible to win. Couple that with the unwinnable hunter match up every other game and how am I supposed to climb?

Someone please tell me.
I don't think it is very reliable except possibly in certain pocket meta's (legend?).

I got to rank 15 with it last season but it took a lot of luck. Against most any aggro deck you're dead, and with poor draws you're also dead.

Tacitus_

wew, those last few turns in the Hoej vs Fib were just

Zemm

Such a harsh tournament setup, can win 5 and lose 1 and be out instantly. Feel sorry for the Greek guy, but happy for Hoej.

ZealousD

Right now Living Mana, Sherazin, Razorpetal Lasher and Emerald Reaver are the main cards I called wrong.

I think we rated most of the quests at 3 because we really weren't certain how to rate them because of how new and weird the mechanic was. It served us well with Quest Rogue but in the event that we end up rating any of the quests at 1 then we may have played it too safe. In particular, I thought I should have gone with my gut on Lakkari Sacrifice and rated it a 2, because I wasn't really sure what a Lakkari Sacrifice deck would even look like.

Fun fact, Emerald Reaver is the only card where we differed by two or more stars.

TankUP

I gave the rogue quest a 4 and I was shaking my head at all the rogue loyalists complaining that Rogue got shafted in jtu. Miracle got great tools and the quest was really strong but I guess until team 5 reprints blade flurry or makes a rogue exclusive healbot rogue fans are always gonna be disappointed.

manhack

Someone please tell me.

I think going 50% with crystal rogue over a lot of games is pretty much expected. Looking at the VS data reaper power rankings it shows that Crystal/Quest Rogue has a 48% winrate across the field.

The reason people love to play it, is the same reason Jade Druid was so popular. It has extremely polarized match ups and sometimes in bad match ups it just wins. A good quest rogue draw is just impossible to beat.

If you want to climb with it you just need to plug away at it and hope you don't see a ton of aggro and let the winstreaks do the work.

Top Bottom