• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Pulled my first Legendary just now! Kalimos. Does it see any play? Should I keep it anyway?

shows up in elemental shaman sometimes

keep it

blizzard is about to make it so you don't get duplicate legendaries anymore, so if you want a different one next time it's better to hold on to it

Tunoku

Yeah I read the announcement but figured since I barely own any cards from the current sets, I might as well get my hit now. I need to check out the Arena rewards, randomly got a pack of Eldritch Moon as well. I actually pulled two copies of a common from that pack.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just so you guys know, Dahbomb and I are planning to do our Un'goro Re-review sometime tonight. You can follow me on Twitch (twitch.tv/ZealousDemon) to get notified when we start.

sh1fty

I picked Hoej for the HCT. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm, after picking Thijs and Pavel the last 2 times I did this (both only got me 1 pack).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nothing quite more fun than wrecking some murladins or druid's shit with volcanic potion>blizzard>flamestrike. suckers

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Just so you guys know, Dahbomb and I are planning to do our Un'goro Re-review sometime tonight. You can follow me on Twitch (twitch.tv/ZealousDemon) to get notified when we start.

Yessssss. Should be good to see. I think I was pretty far off on a lot of cards this set so y'all probably were too.

I meant to play Brawl a bunch of times today, to try an get 100 coins. I forgot until 10 mins ago, and now I am Patchesing my way through wins as fast as I can.

Thankfully it seems most players give up if you play go first and play Patches

Cockmagic

Neo Member
7-0 with this (I think) mediocre arena deck. It'll be tough from here on out.

hPwKB9Q.jpg

NgO0520.jpg

wiibomb

I meant to play Brawl a bunch of times today, to try an get 100 coins. I forgot until 10 mins ago, and now I am Patchesing my way through wins as fast as I can.

Thankfully it seems most players give up if you play go first and play Patches

unless the opponent has a hard counter to patches, it is almost impossible to win as second place, better to just concede and try to get first turn next time.

almost wintrading.

rank 5 in wild with egg druid easily, 70% on recorded games but just as good on mobile, i didn't even use sir finley in my build (i didn't want to have to worry about crab), it rarely mattered, very fun since games can be turn 4 blowouts or win in double digits, living mana and jeeves refresh so consistently anyway.

actually had my longest recorded rank win streak in stndrd too with token druid rank 19-12 std (idk how many games, was on mobile, i think thats like a dozen gamesish?) i made with flappy bird and nothing above 3 mana except for living mana, just try to blowout, it destroys with good draw and is as good a burst as any in the game but i got bored and switched more to wild bc missed jeeves and eggs.

I ended up with about 20 wins in under 1 hour. I had to mute the game after 5, and I never want to hear "I'm in Charggggge now" again

I got Win 5 Brawls as my new daily quest. But will leave it for a while

I will try to space out my efforts to get 100 coins today for my sanity. Binging this game is bad for me!

wiibomb

Oh boy, brutal end of season, I went from rank 11, 2 stars to rank 13, 2 stars.

C'mon I just want my extra golden card...

I ended up with about 20 wins in under 1 hour. I had to mute the game after 5, and I never want to hear "I'm in Charggggge now" again

I got Win 5 Brawls as my new daily quest. But will leave it for a while

I will try to space out my efforts to get 100 coins today for my sanity. Binging this game is bad for me!

I think it is bad for anyone, I strongly believe this game should not be played more than a couple of hours a day. It doesn't even have a good amount of modes to diversify the way it can be played.

Someone above mentioned having trouble with Mage and running into them all the time. Are you running Eater? Or if the "all the time" thing is so, 2x Eater. It's sometimes auto-win against Mage decks. Then again I never know what Rank or even type people when they post so that might make the above advice meaningless.

I'm at Rank 7 in standard and play vs. Mage maybe 1/10 matches,
I think Mage is around 40% of my matches right now. Pirate Warrior is another 40% and the other 20% is all the other classes. I'm at rank 4. I haven't lost to a mage in forever but warriors are giving me trouble, as expected. Playing Paladin.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think Mage is around 40% of my matches right now. Pirate Warrior is another 40% and the other 20% is all the other classes. I'm at rank 4. I haven't lost to a mage in forever but warriors are giving me trouble, as expected. Playing Paladin.

Yeah exactly. Mage isn't even that hard to beat and I don't even play Eater (though I would if I played more Mages). Loves me a Mage matchup.

Won about 6 straight with QR to get to rank 15. Faced no aggro, thankfully. Never pulled off a turn 4 or 5 quest completion. Even had to use Vanish to bounce, once. Last two matches were versus Priests. One buffed his Cleric to 7/7 but Swash gave me Silence. Game saver. Also using Potion of Madness will give you a 5/5 charger.

You will be missed, QR.

Also used Cenarius in one game.

One Druid friended me and said he was one turn away from drawing a 5 damage card for lethal. Starfire?

Hycran

Banned
Today was the day I finally became legendary. I've been playing since about 2 months after release but quit for about a year after GVG. Most months I hit rank 5 and cash out but last month was my first month trying for legend. I got up to Rank 1 but got busted down to Rank 3 on super tilt. This month I was on vacation in France so I did not think I would get anywhere close, but I went on a 9 game win streak from 3 to 1, and after bouncing up and down from 1 to 2, i finally strung enough games together today to pull it off. I will not never attempt it again as the stress is too great for such a little pay off.

Feelsgoodman MonkaS

Blizzard

Banned
Today was the day I finally became legendary. I've been playing since about 2 months after release but quit for about a year after GVG. Most months I hit rank 5 and cash out but last month was my first month trying for legend. I got up to Rank 1 but got busted down to Rank 3 on super tilt. This month I was on vacation in France so I did not think I would get anywhere close, but I went on a 9 game win streak from 3 to 1, and after bouncing up and down from 1 to 2, i finally strung enough games together today to pull it off. I will not never attempt it again as the stress is too great for such a little pay off.

Feelsgoodman MonkaS
Congrats! It's an accomplishment.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Fucking hell, man.

Every time I have internet problems it is on days I want to stream.

Priest mirror match. He has board control and I'm at 14 health but he chooses to ignore my Drakonid Operative.

Talonpriest + Divine Spirit + Divine Spirit + Inner Fire = GG

I guess Divine Spirit + Inner Fire is probably the lifeblood of Priest for the foreseeable future.

scarlet

Done with ladder, rank 5. Just gonna grind gold on brawl. Kinda regret buying 10 packs of WoTOG with 0 Legendary. I'm down to 2200 gold now.

Hey lets nerf Rogue quest because 'lower level' players cannot seem to play around it. All the while not worrying about other quests, okay.

I mean honestly not like Rogue quest was OP after like 15. Now it is worthless, thanks for the free dust at least.

I just want to hear how they thought the Paladin quest would work out. The rest of the quests can potentially become good over time in Wild, or already see play.

Dahbomb

I just want to hear how they thought the Paladin quest would work out. The rest of the quests can potentially become good over time in Wild, or already see play.
They thought you would create a giant monster stealth monster with windfury and divine shield. They also thought that since the deck already plays so many buffs that it would be a good target for it.

What they didn't realize was that the Adapts might repeat and it is still random you still might not get a instant win card. What they also didn't realize was that Shroud has ANTI SYNERGY with the deck itself because you can't play buffs on it if you pick the Shroud ability.

This type of reaction usually doesn't happen before a card is nerfed.

When you play against a card that you KNOW FOR SURE is getting nerfed it is especially frustrating. Like you don't even want to play the game until the card is nerfed.

Like when Buccaneer was to be nerfed, we still had to wait for the nerf to come out so that time period was excruciating as all the Pirate Warriors were trying to get the last hurrah in, spamming the deck.

They thought you would create a giant monster stealth monster with windfury and divine shield. They also thought that since the deck already plays so many buffs that it would be a good target for it.

What they didn't realize was that the Adapts might repeat and it is still random you still might not get a instant win card. What they also didn't realize was that Shroud has ANTI SYNERGY with the deck itself because you can't play buffs on it if you pick the Shroud ability.

This type of reaction usually doesn't happen before a card is nerfed.

When you play against a card that you KNOW FOR SURE is getting nerfed it is especially frustrating. Like you don't even want to play the game until the card is nerfed.

Like when Buccaneer was to be nerfed, we still had to wait for the nerf to come out so that time period was excruciating as all the Pirate Warriors were trying to get the last hurrah in, spamming the deck.
Yeah, I tried to make the Paladin quest work, but games either end before I complete it or he doesn't matter when I do. Lol. I have ended up with a 5/5 taunt divine shield spell immune that spawns plants before. Trash.

Funny that Pirate is still tier one and just stopped using Buccaneer. Almost like Patches was the problem all along...

Priest mirror match. He has board control and I'm at 14 health but he chooses to ignore my Drakonid Operative.

Talonpriest + Divine Spirit + Divine Spirit + Inner Fire = GG

I guess Divine Spirit + Inner Fire is probably the lifeblood of Priest for the foreseeable future.
Well drakonid operative generally implies dragon priest and that deck usually doesn't run the package.

Q8D3vil

Quest Rogue deserve the nerf, you guys all are probably playing high tier fast decks and dont have to feel the pain of losing to vanish/freeze then dropping 1 mana charge 5/5 on an empty board.
Design is so bad for slow control decks. I wish they did the same Jade idol and made it cycle only once " Shuffle three 1 mana summon a jade golem in your deck ".

Well drakonid operative generally implies dragon priest and that deck usually doesn't run the package.

I'm surprised at that to be honest. All the high health minions make it easy to get value out of. I've been doing extremely well with the deck and the majority of the time just making a 6/6 cleric or something similar is enough to get ahead and stay ahead.

That said I'm just starting to play again after hiatus so I've done most of my work in the teens (sitting at 11 now). Still though, I think the Divine Spirit/Inner Fire + Dragon Priest combos is extremely potent.

Q8D3vil

I'm surprised at that to be honest. All the high health minions make it easy to get value out of. I've been doing extremely well with the deck and the majority of the time just making a 6/6 cleric or something similar is enough to get ahead and stay ahead.

That said I'm just starting to play again after hiatus so I've done most of my work in the teens (sitting at 11 now). Still though, I think the Divine Spirit/Inner Fire + Dragon Priest combos is extremely potent.
In my experience getting any card of that package in the mulligan will just make you die to early game pressure.
Its very inconsistent unless you manage to get lucky and get tons of early game card draw.

Fewr

Feelsgoodman MonkaS
Wow! Congrats! 👍👍

i use faceless manipulator and just try to make people mad. save 1 mana adapt cards, that way when you pick stealth for 1 turn, you can clone it with manip, then adapt it 1nce or 2wice and pray for another stealth to chain the second one.
1Z7455H.jpg

Deck list? I've been trying a silence priest at 14-15 the last week or so and doing ok but not great. I don't have purify though which hurts a bit. I subbed in two owls as silence cards instead.

Top Bottom