• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Raxus

https://youtu.be/IK518BRlnW4?t=15m12s

Dev Q&A that I missed last night about the nerf and other stuff.

They do mention Jade Druid in comparison to Quest Rogue since they also beat control decks. Said it doesn't see as much play, and sometimes loses to control decks anyways.

I always hate their Q & A because that is bullshit. Completely detached from meta changes.

I really hate they are nerfing quest rogue and nothing else making this meta turn into a control fest.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Balance patch note please? What was the quest rogue nerf??

Sheroking

I always hate their Q & A because that is bullshit. Completely detached from meta changes.

I really hate they are nerfing quest rogue and nothing else making this meta turn into a control fest.

Huh? Aggro Druid, Bloodlust Shaman, Midrange Paladin and Pirate Warrior are all tier-1 decks and not one of those is remotely control.

Even Control Mage is more combo deck than control at this point. They just stop giving a shit about your board and chuck burn at your face.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
zZyCCKK.jpg
giphy.gif

Why on earth earthen scale is 1 mana? 2 mana 19 armor

Because to get that kind of pay off you have to land it on an expensive minion. And yes, even a jade from jade idol is expensive since you've been investing into it all game. Think of expensive as including the time invested, cards to buff etc. as well as mana cost.

How could you "fix" Jade Druid without destroying it?

After not playing much last month, breaking out the stealth tempo deck. Lost a game vs murloc paladin due to trying to BM and not counting if I had lethal from board lul
Deck list? :eek:

I couldn't hit legendary this month because I spent the last 4 days driving to Florida. :(

I couldn't hit legendary this month because I spent the last 4 days driving to Florida. :(

Something like this
### Stealth Tempo
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Hallucination
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (1) Worgen Infiltrator
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (3) Jungle Panther
# 1x (3) Shadow Rager
# 1x (3) Shaku, the Collector
# 2x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 1x (4) Obsidian Shard
# 2x (4) Shadow Sensei
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Lotus Assassin
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
#
AAECAaIHBq8EkLwCkbwCyb8C/cEC5MICDLQBjAL1BYgHmQfiB90IkrYC+bsC970CgcICm8gCAA==
#

This has been my highest performer but I've been tinkering. Maybe -2 hallucinations for +2 deadly poison.

Does well against quest rogue. Just keep in mind vanish when pushing for lethal turns.

Although not particularly good against control mage.

edit:
Just played against a rogue list running giant wasp. I never even thought of that, but didn't seem that great. I think shadow rager is better target for shadow sensei, which is sorta your best tempo card as a 4 mana 6/6.

Huh? Aggro Druid, Bloodlust Shaman, Midrange Paladin and Pirate Warrior are all tier-1 decks and not one of those is remotely control.

Even Control Mage is more combo deck than control at this point. They just stop giving a shit about your board and chuck burn at your face.

Keep in mind these aggressive lists will likely see a drop in play if there are less decks they're good against, like quest rogue. Even more so if some more control decks that are good against them enter the meta.

Just because at one point a burn deck ignores your board and goes face doesn't mean it won't be affected by the meta too. Control mage doesn't fare that well against decks that can heal, like control decks.

So by nerfing a control counter and nothing else, one expects the meta to move more towards control. Maybe not that much though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Make Jade idol a choose one: create a jade minion or a 1/1 with deathrattle: shuffle three jade idols into your deck.

Easy peasy.

You see some real bad play from legendary card back players all the time in this game lol.

Like just small things, but often important, order of play things like drawing last. Just had a rogue draw last off his shaku when he could have drawn first easily and maybe get a prep or vanish and change his entire line of play.

Ladekabel

That's not a fix. That's just making priest good against them.

As a Priest main, I welcome this!

My way of nerfing Jade Idol would be not to make it endless e.g. Shuffle Jade Shards or whatever in your deck that summon Jade Golems and nothing else but that would probably kill the card (which would be fine by me).

The fix for jade druid, which doesn't need to happen yet imo, is to make jade idol shuffle a different card into your deck than jade idol. Like 1 mana summon jade golem, with no option to shuffle again.

Or maybe people should just accept the fact that there are counters to control. w/e

It makes it able to be responded to better. It slows it down. It makes gadgetzan turns less effective.
It makes the finishing turn less effective which doesn't happen all that often anyways.
With the first Auctioneer you don't want Idol shuffled into the deck very often since it just dilutes your deck from the relevant cards you're looking to draw.

I finally made aya, is pyro/acolyte worthy to consider or is jade druid better without that tech? also debating if i should go wild or not....a living roots could be ok with that P/A tech, but regardless azure drake could be ok, i don't see any on the wild ladder (stopped at 5 l m) so i'm guessing not but just milling the options.

this is what i just threw together for wild, azure/living roots/mulch are so good, not sure if i should double the drake/LR or where to put them tho. probly need ferel rage, not really worth playing in wild but its fun to explore the options
ANsMqa7.png

maybe switch to brann model?

Owzers

I'll probably dust my rogue quest card if they offer full value until we see what the new expansion brings, it sucks because the other two quests I have are paladin and warlock.

It makes it able to be responded to better. It slows it down. It makes gadgetzan turns less effective.

Making it 1/1 deathrattle to shuffle just makes the card absolutely shit. That is what you're doing to it. A single silence or transform and your entire game plan is ruined. Even potion of madness, just beats it without effort.

### Silence
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Ancient Watcher
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Humongous Razorleaf
# 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Kabal Songstealer
# 1x (8) Free From Amber
#
AAECAa0GCPIFyQbTCvC7AuG/AtzBAsrDApnIAguiAvgC3QTlBKUJ0QrXCvIM+wzYwQLFxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Hey I'm going to try and rank up with silence priest this month and hope to hit my usual 14 or so. Any comments on the above deck? I was at about 50‰ win rate with it for the last week at rank 15 but that won't help me get back there quickly.

I don't have purify by the way.

Hycran

Banned
I'm going to dust rogue quest and make leeroy jenkins so i can finally make pirate warrior elegiggle.

Also got golden bestial wrath as my gift this month, which is great as it is practically the last classic set epic i needed. One day i might just craft all the classic cards just so i can say its done.

### Silence
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Silence
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (2) Ancient Watcher
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Humongous Razorleaf
# 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 1x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 1x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Kabal Songstealer
# 1x (8) Free From Amber
#
AAECAa0GCPIFyQbTCvC7AuG/AtzBAsrDApnIAguiAvgC3QTlBKUJ0QrXCvIM+wzYwQLFxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Hey I'm going to try and rank up with silence priest this month and hope to hit my usual 14 or so. Any comments on the above deck? I was at about 50‰ win rate with it for the last week at rank 15 but that won't help me get back there quickly.

I don't have purify by the way.

free from amber is a pretty bad card, do u have deathlord and wailing soul? i think you'd be better off in wild if you have those if you're missing purify, purify is way better than the owl its not even close

Kornflayx

So I played against quest Rogue for the first time after taking a 6 month break from the game. So this is what's been happening while I was away huh?

Beat it with a priest, after using 4 Dragonfire Potions and stealing 2 Vanishes.

Blizzard

Banned
So I played against quest Rogue for the first time after taking a 6 month break from the game. So this is what's been happening while I was away huh?

Beat it with a priest, after using 4 Dragonfire Potions and stealing 2 Vanishes.
It's very easy to defeat with an aggro deck, but yes it's probably annoying for control decks.

My advice is to not run it. Owl is not a good replacement, not even close.

Purify draws you a card. Owl gets you a 2/1 for 1 extra. That is a huge weakness right there.

But then you also can't draw owl with shadow visions.

In a combo-ish deck, consistency is too important.

OK thanks both that have advised that it's not advisable to run it without purify. It's rubbish that adventure cards are uncraftable.

I'm surprised that purify makes that big a difference but I'm sure you're right.

Are there any other good priest decks at the moment? Bear in mind that I don't have lyra, glyph or shadowvisions.

I might actually get a large sum of gold for this expansion. I haven't really been keeping up with the quests even after friend thingie but the gold I am getting is not being spent on packs due to the pack change, which I frankly don't even think is such a big deal to begin with lol.

OK thanks both that have advised that it's not advisable to run it without purify. It's rubbish that adventure cards are uncraftable.

I'm surprised that purify makes that big a difference but I'm sure you're right.

Are there any other good priest decks at the moment? Bear in mind that I don't have lyra, glyph or shadowvisions.

Dragon priest is pretty good. And yeah, I didn't even notice you lacked shadow visions, which is a key card in the deck too due to consistency factor it brings to the table.

Dragon priest does run shadow visions but it's likely still doable without it significantly hurting it's game plan.

Then again, with your silence priest deck maybe it's good enough to be ran. Don't take my "don't run it" too literally. Just know it's main game plan is hurt by the lack of purify and shadow visions.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
nobody mentioned wild cards are coming back to store? about time, although if they aren't purchasable with gold that's pretty lame.

Yessss. All over Naxx. Waited out crafting Loatheb because I figured this would happen eventually.

Interesting thought. I have never opened a GVG pack. If I buy ten of them and wait until next expansion, will I get a guaranteed legendary?

Yessss. All over Naxx. Waited out crafting Loatheb because I figured this would happen eventually.

Interesting thought. I have never opened a GVG pack. If I buy ten of them and wait until next expansion, will I get a guaranteed legendary?

yeah you would get one. #prayforboom

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
What if we made quest cards worth zero.

It would still take up a card slot, but you could play it turn 1 without sacrificing the first turn for board control.

Even for QR you don't always play the quest first if you're facing aggro. Against Shaman, Druid, Warrior, and Hunter I'll put a minion down T1.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If will probably be cash only and not available in app.

Traded a bunch of games into GameStop because of the 70% bonus so I have $400 in store credit so I foresee lots of steam and hearthstone gift cards in my future.

I crafted Old Murk Eye a while back, as I thought there was no other way to get him. I hope that does not now change with Wild stuff coming back

I had a solid month of fun using him, so I really dont mind, but if there is was some way for Blizz to give me free dust I would not say no :p

patchday

Here's the YouTube Archive of last night's stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguJA3Q-bls

thx enjoyed hanging out in the stream technical issues aside.

make sure in your youtube clips you edit out the nonessentials (like where Dahbomb asks you to move closer to the mic and stuff like that LOL)

Going to be hard to come out with content that contends with 'pros got it wrong' I think people always get a kick out of that though

What if we made quest cards worth zero.

It would still take up a card slot, but you could play it turn 1 without sacrificing the first turn for board control.

nah Crystal Core rogue needs to die. If it wasnt for Vanish that deck would be way less annoying and interactive. but with the way the deck is now it just needs to probably find the Exit. Cant wait to get my dust refund for Crystal core after the nerf

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wow this is amaz....

What???? Not in app? Of course, blizzard. I want to buy this with amazon coins.

Blizzard doesn't want idiots to buy the packs and regret it later. They don't want their customer support to have to deal with a bunch more refunds.

Hopefully Blizzard is smart enough to sell these at like 25% off the original cost, too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I'm not even suggesting it for personal greed reasons. I think they'll make more money that way. You offer a good deal and people will drop money even if they don't need something. See: Steam Sales.

Right now as a longtime Hearthstone player I have no incentive to buy wild packs. Give me an incentive like a reduced price and I might.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm not even suggesting it for personal greed reasons. I think they'll make more money that way. You offer a good deal and people will drop money even if they don't need something. See: Steam Sales.

Right now as a longtime Hearthstone player I have no incentive to buy wild packs. Give me an incentive like a reduced price and I might.

I don't disagree that it would be smart. I'm laughing at the prospect that they would do it, it just feels very unlikely to me. Plus at the bottom of the post it says they will be regular price.

wiibomb

Blizzard doesn't want idiots to buy the packs and regret it later. They don't want their customer support to have to deal with a bunch more refunds.

Hopefully Blizzard is smart enough to sell these at like 25% off the original cost, too.

Yeah, I know that, but still I can't use my amazon coins. It is just a rant anyway.

Also... about the discount:

*Products will be available for purchase at regular price.

Edit:I also highly doubt they will do a sale on these given they are putting it almost hidden away from the app

Top Bottom