• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

FeD.nL

My point isn't whether N'Zoth is better than UI, but that complaining about UI based on its value for mana cost is absurd.

You literally asked the question:

Is it better than N'Zoth, for example?

But beyond that it isn't that absurd to evaluate UI based on the value of the things the card does, because those things always happen when you play it. Whereas something like N'zoth requires setup and the value it generates is different each game.

It's like CotW and that was overtuned when it did 50% extra for the mana cost. UI does 75% extra worth of stuff for its mana cost.

ZealousD making Kibler feel some heat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5du9epzsko&feature=youtu.be

This is great:
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/6vsfk8/silenced_the_lich_kings_emotes/

You literally asked the question:

But beyond that it isn't that absurd to evaluate UI based on the value of the things the card does, because those things always happen when you play it. Whereas something like N'zoth requires setup and the value it generates is different each game.

It's like CotW and that was overtuned when it did 50% extra for the mana cost. UI does 75% extra worth of stuff for its mana cost.

Son, the context there is clearly rhetorical.

Figures I beat the Lich King with evo shaman the first time I don't have devolve to use on turn 7.......I had like the perfect doppelgangster -> evolve on turn 6 :)

And the free pack netted me the warrior DK!

Now I have shaman, warrior and rogue :)

ok Lich king as F2P hunter is tilting as hell.

I've gotten him to 2 and 3 health in the past 10 or so runs.

*edit* got him, took like 2 hours lol.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I find it incredibly hard to believe they playtested this lich king hunter battle. Good lord this is ridiculous.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I find it incredibly hard to believe they playtested this lich king hunter battle. Good lord this is ridiculous.

Molten Giants. Dupe them with Faceless Shamblers and Faceless Manipulators. You can also throw in some taunt givers like Bonemare. Toss in some Deathlords for bait on Obliterate and Black Knight.

What a god.

I am struggling against the Lich King using Mage, got all other ones done though.

You can cheese it with
Kabal Lackey and Counterspell. Then play Exodia Mage as your followup.

He's doing this way too early tbh.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Molten Giants. Dupe them with Faceless Shamblers and Faceless Manipulators. You can also throw in some taunt givers like Bonemare. Toss in some Deathlords for bait on Obliterate and Black Knight.
I dusted giants after they got nerfed and it seems stupid to craft them for this battle.

This whole thing really does feel half assed.

Alright, for Paladin everything that dies is resummoned for the enemy....and for Priest....they lose their emotes!

Okay...

Edit: One turn from winning as Paladin and of course the AI just HAPPENS to pull off magic shell into obliterate to win.

Edit: Oh hey, about to win again and then lose to double magic shell. I just don't get why Blizzard bothers with single player content when they won't put in the time and effort to actually balance it and make it fun.

I got Arthas. First game was against a Rogue. A Mill Rogue. So, I quit and closed the game and have not played a game as him yet. Fuck mill rouge.

I used...

Druid - Jade Druid
Hunter - Molten Giants
Made - Molten Giants
Paladin - Beardo OTK
Priest - Big Priest
Rogue - Aggro Pirates
Shaman - DK Evolve
Warlock - DK Renolock + Mal'ganis
Warrior - The Taunt exploit mentioned earlier (feel bad about this, as it was the only one I cheesed)

Ladekabel

This whole thing really does feel half assed.

Alright, for Paladin everything that dies is resummoned for the enemy....and for Priest....they lose their emotes!

Okay...

Edit: One turn from winning as Paladin and of course the AI just HAPPENS to pull off magic shell into obliterate to win.

Edit: Oh hey, about to win again and then lose to double magic shell. I just don't get why Blizzard bothers with single player content when they won't put in the time and effort to actually balance it and make it fun.

Priest loses their essential turn 2. No class has it harder!

Hycran

Banned
Wtf, i still have blood fury when i play DK guldan over Jarax.

Hero powers change, weapons stay. I've actually found using Jaraxxus and DK Guldan to be pretty great as you might even resurrect a few of the 6/6 demons you summon as Jaraxxus. Also, Jaraxxus is still an auto win against priest, which is helpful in the current meta.

Ikkarus

Any deck ideas for Mage against the Lich King?

I've done Druid and Hunter so far and wanted to tackle Mage next but I'm finding it a bit rough.

I used Chakki's elemental list for Mage. Only took me a couple tries to complete and the only real caveat is that you have to have Mistress of Mixtures in your starting hand.

Mulgrok

Took me a while to beat Lich King with all the heroes. Wasn't fun at all. Every match was determined entirely by draw on both sides.

The Lich King is ridiculous. I've tried my dragon priest and jade druid and don't even get close. I was making huge jades at the end but who cares, I was already dead. He had 57 health left and I had none.

Not sure I'll ever do this with the cards I have. The only DK I have is valeera which is trash.

Tunoku

Black Lotus uh I mean Innervate is pretty dumb. Just cast my first Ultimate Infestation on turn 5. I also had a really hilarious game against Hunter with Token Druid. My opponent overcommitted like crazy and I just made 6 1/5s, played Mark of the Lotus, Turn 7 +2/+2 to all taunts and Mark of the Wild. It was glorious. (I’m only rank 13)

Lyng

The Lich King is ridiculous. I've tried my dragon priest and jade druid and don't even get close. I was making huge jades at the end but who cares, I was already dead. He had 57 health left and I had none.

Not sure I'll ever do this with the cards I have. The only DK I have is valeera which is trash.

Its all about luck. As usual Team5 are clueless when it comes to creating solo gameplay for Hearthstone.

Took me a while to beat Lich King with all the heroes. Wasn't fun at all. Every match was determined entirely by draw on both sides.

When they said the Lich King would be "difficult" I knew we where in for another monopoly shitshow.

rogue is super easy just put all the murlcos in your deck and go face. First try with no restarting necessary.

G.ZZZ

Still waiting on that innervate nerf to make him a ramp instead of a tempo card.

Blizzard i already told you how to fix it, you don't even need to pay me, go ahead:

Innervate 0
Gain 2 mana crystal your next turn only

Easy.

From tempo to ramp, with the minimal changes possible, literally just 2 words changed. Make T1 Fledgling impossible and give some possibility for counterplay to the opponent.

Pooya

I'm sure they will change innervate now because looking at meta report, aggro druid is even more outrageous than jades now. That deck would not be half as good without innervate.

probably innervate and infestation, they keep plague as the new card for druid to deal with aggro in place of innervate. I think that's reasonable. It enables a new taunt deck too so it's probably not healthy to touch this card. Innervate and UI fix more long term issues.

The other card I think they might change is jade blossom actually, just to make sure jades don't see play because of perception problems in the community but it's a lot less likely.

Don't think I've ever gotten this lucky before.

I was playing Evolve shaman with 2 doomsayers in place for thing from below and needed taunt totem to survive. I made the mistake to hero power before evolving only to get a coldarra drake from evolve hero power again and hit exactly taunt totem. The evolve netted 0 taunts as well.

fertygo

Aggro druid is much easier to counter tho if you actually can mulligan correctly.. the problem is you can't.

I think most of my loses to aggro druid is when I mulligan for jade druid mirror and they rekt me.. when I know theyre aggro I steamroll them..

When they nerf Jade its also let deck that can clear board like slow warrior or warlock roam more freely.

I'm ok with nerving vate to next turn ramp boost very neat idea actually. But what its does at 10 mana? Team 5 against idea card can became umplayable its why wild growth work as it is at 10.

Bt? @kars the wild expert
Is Mal'ganis deck good enough to craft?

sibarraz

Banned
Jade Druid using MCT for the mirror match is very funny, specially when they steal your aya

Is sad when they steal lose thanks to the kun+UI combo

G.ZZZ

Aggro druid is much easier to counter tho if you actually can mulligan correctly.. the problem is you can't.

I think most of my loses to aggro druid is when I mulligan for jade druid mirror and they rekt me.. when I know theyre aggro I steamroll them..

When they nerf Jade its also let deck that can clear board like slow warrior or warlock roam more freely.

I'm ok with nerving vate to next turn ramp boost very neat idea actually. But what its does at 10 mana? Team 5 against idea card can became umplayable its why wild growth work as it is at 10.

At 10 mana it would do the same as now, give you 12 mana,only for the next turn

danowat

Banned
I can't get my head around the matchmaking in this game.

So I am rank 13, and get matched with people in ranked, even after a win streak, that either have the worse RNG luck in the world, or are just rubbish.

Or I go into casual, and get completely trounced left, right and centre.

G.ZZZ

Err they must rework the game then

Because you cannot have more than 10 mana crystal as it is

Don't it already work like this of u use innervate at ten now? Well if i'm mistaken then it could become the first spell you cast next turno cost two less. Another suggestione i saw was making it 2 mana : draw a card and reduce its cost by 2.

A boss takes more than a day and people complain. If he was easy people would be complaining too. He is the LICH KING. Any normal hero NEEDS luck to beat him in a duel. I think the fights are appropriate. I only did 4 last night. Lots of luck and deck crafting involved, but totally worth it.

Aggro Druid is a crapshoot. You either draw tons of clear or you lose. No middle ground.

May'Ganis is good in Krullock and Classic Demonlock. I have tried him in the Standard DKlock deck and struggled because Pirate Warrior is so strong you can't afford to tap or hurt yourself through internals. You can definitely take Krullock or Demonlock to 5. Much harder to take either to legend. There are so many board clears in Wild.

Top Bottom