• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

You can still play Healbot and Coldlights, their Battle Cries would still trigger. This way you can get some damage on Dredd too. Not like you are playing those cards for their sturdy bodies anyway.

Tyrantus sucks but Druid still has Fandral and Kun.

I can play them, but I can bounce them, and they're basically free food. I had a full hand with no counters. I even popped 2 Coldlights hoping to get a Belcher...

Ladekabel

So, I opened a golden Cairne in my Brawl Pack which means I have a free legendary of my choice. I still miss several legendaries. Here are the ones I'm still missing but I would like to have:

• Cenarius
  • Antonidas
  • Wickerflame
  • Tarim
  • Lyra
  • Sherazin
  • Kalimos
  • Mosh
  • Leeroy

Need advice on what to craft. The classes I like playing most are Priest, Druid, Warrior, Rogue and Paladin in that order. My top three would be Leeroy, Sherazin or Lyra though for the latter I'm missing Shadow Visions for a Miracle Deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So, I opened a golden Cairne in my Brawl Pack which means I have a free legendary of my choice. I still miss several legendaries. Here are the ones I'm still missing but I would like to have:

• Cenarius
  • Antonidas
  • Wickerflame
  • Tarim
  • Lyra
  • Sherazin
  • Kalimos
  • Mosh
  • Leeroy

Need advice on what to craft. The classes I like playing most are Priest, Druid, Warrior, Rogue and Paladin in that order. My top three would be Leeroy, Sherazin or Lyra though for the latter I'm missing Shadow Visions for a Miracle Deck.

Is cairne a double because he's quite useful.

wiibomb

• Cenarius
  • Antonidas
  • Wickerflame
  • Tarim
  • Lyra
  • Sherazin
  • Kalimos
  • Mosh
  • Leeroy

Antonidas, wickerflame, Lyra, sherazin, kalimos, leeroy.

those are safe choices, the other are either not played or just not solified yet in the meta to craft them

there are some legendaries that are just much better if you get them on packs rather than crafting them (because they are good, but not fundamental), wickerflame and sherazin are the case, specially wickerflame, there are substitutes for it.

• Cenarius
  • Antonidas
  • Wickerflame
  • Tarim
  • Lyra
  • Sherazin
  • Kalimos
  • Mosh
  • Leeroy

Craft for what deck you want to play. Tarim is really good though. I think one of the best cards of the set. Sherazin and lyra are really strong as well.

Ladekabel

Antonidas, wickerflame, Lyra, sherazin, kalimos, leeroy.

those are safe choices, the other are either not played or just not solified yet in the meta to craft them

there are some legendaries that are just much better if you get them on packs rather than crafting them (because they are good, but not fundamental), wickerflame and sherazin are the case, specially wickerflame, there are substitutes for it.

Craft for what deck you want to play. Tarim is really good though. I think one of the best cards of the set. Sherazin and lyra are really strong as well.

Tarim I feel like getting every match offered by Stonehill Defender at least once so I'm hesitant to crafting it. Sherazin I feel like will make a leave soon but I know jack shit about Rogue.

Currently pending between Lyra and Leeroy. Priest is my favorite class but like I said I would need 800 more dust for Visions. Since I would like to play more Rogue Leeroy would be my first choice. Given that it is a card I could see going to the Hall of Fame and since I get Un'Goro packs through Arena.

Thanks!

wiibomb

Tarim I feel like getting every match offered by Stonehill Defender at least once so I'm hesitant to crafting it. Sherazin I feel like will make a leave soon but I know jack shit about Rogue.

Currently pending between Lyra and Leeroy. Priest is my favorite class but like I said I would need 800 more dust for Visions. Since I would like to play more Rogue Leeroy would be my first choice. Given that it is a card I could see going to the Hall of Fame and since I get Un'Goro packs through Arena.

Thanks!

leeroy is the best bet given the thought you just made there. Lyra without the shadow visions just don't work well enough

also, sherazin is here to stay, I didn't thought that card was good, but given how much card cycle rogue had now, sherazin can come multiple times effortlessly, also, it just needs 1 revive to make the card play worth

Tagyhag

The nice thing about "Play X cards" quests are that you can face someone that has every answer to the weird deck you made, and still feel like you accomplished something.

The nice thing about "Play X cards" quests are that you can face someone that has every answer to the weird deck you made, and still feel like you accomplished something.

Duelyst has made a lot of poor decisions in the last year, but I still really wish Hearthstone would adopt its "Play X games with class" over "Win X games with class".

Thanks!

You can play rogue without leeroy. I think sherazin is a great craft for this meta. And then you just run the arcane giants instead of leeroy.

Fewr

Duelyst has made a lot of poor decisions in the last year, but I still really wish Hearthstone would adopt its "Play X games with class" over "Win X games with class".
Wouldn't we then get tons of people conceding in 3 seconds for casual play? It'd have to be COMPLETE X games with Y class.

wiibomb

I actually like the Win part, it makes me get more coins and winning isn't that difficult unless you have to hard try it at ranked play

That'd be damn good.
That, along with Replace, are two changes I would ADORE in Hearthstone.

Wouldn't we then get tons of people conceding in 3 seconds for casual play? It'd have to be COMPLETE X games with Y class.
Duelyst has some protective measures in regarding this, and I think they translate well to Hearthstone. Not being able to concede seems reasonable.

I actually like the Win part, it makes me get more coins and winning isn't that difficult unless you have to hard try it at ranked play
It sucks for people who have weak collections for their class. For example, I have ZERO Paladin legendaries. There are ZERO good Paladin decks that don't use the legendaries, and they are game-winning. I always have to reroll Paladin quests because I just can't make a competent deck, and that sucks.

Right now I am actually running just one giant and leeroy (and ofc Sherazin).
Kind of throws some people off.
(again this is rank 12)

I've seen the argument for 1 giant 1 leeroy, but frankly I'd rather run an extra cold blood before leeroy.

I found this to be pretty interesting. Is Hemet really this broken? What was Hemet's ranking before the set came?

Kripp video "The Most Degenerate Un'Goro Deck"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdLQrF64f4

If kripp says it's the most degenerate deck, then we know it's not. In fact it looks like a worse version of burn mage.

edit:
It doesn't look terrible but not convincing me with rank 9 showcase.

wiibomb

It sucks for people who have weak collections for their class. For example, I have ZERO Paladin legendaries. There are ZERO good Paladin decks that don't use the legendaries, and they are game-winning. I always have to reroll Paladin quests because I just can't make a competent deck, and that sucks.

then why not try the brawl? I mean, even when I had a very mediocre collection I still like those quests since it made me have even more value over wins

Szadek

I'm really not a fan of it,since it often means to contiune playing unwinnable games for the sake of the quest, which is frustraing as fuck.

I'm really not a fan of it,since it often means to contiune playing unwinnable games for the sake of the quest, which is frustraing as fuck.

That's a slight downside compared to having a day where you lose 3 in a row.

You can always just pass each turn while browsing GAF on the side if it's a lost game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That's a slight downside compared to having a day where you lose 3 in a row.

You can always just pass each turn while browsing GAF on the side if it's a lost game.

I already browse GAF on the side of 90% of my games that aren't on my phone. This probably explains why I take forever to rank up, lol.

Lyng

having a priest quest is the worst....people just rush you down, and it doesnt matter how much healing you have.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any strategy behind refreshing quests? For example, if I delete a 40 gold quest, will the new quest be 60 gold?

It is purely a re-roll. So in general if you are looking to maximize gold, you should be re-rolling every 40g quest in hopes of getting higher ones. Assuming you don't care about the actual content of the quest (ie classes or cards) you can only go up or sideways from 40.

I think once they added all the new quests a while back they moved the expected gold average down a bit? I think its closer to 50g than 60g these days. Even with with extra 100g quest and 80g shared one. I still re-roll every 40 out of habit since you can only do better.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It is purely a re-roll. So in general if you are looking to maximize gold, you should be re-rolling every 40g quest in hopes of getting higher ones. Assuming you don't care about the actual content of the quest (ie classes or cards) you can only go up or sideways from 40.

I think once they added all the new quests a while back they moved the expected gold average down a bit? I think its closer to 50g than 60g these days. Even with with extra 100g quest and 80g shared one. I still re-roll every 40 out of habit since you can only do better.

Gold average, assuming each has an equal chance, went up with the new quests they added. It's just over 50g now when it was just under 50g before.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I've been rocking this murloc paladin deck I found online to *great* success, but of the cards recommended for this deck...

6Zkjjy5.png

the Bittertide Hydra has pretty much always been a dead card or at best, a nice sponge for removal.

The thing is I can't think of what to replace it with. Only thing I'm leaning towards at the moment is Sunkeeper Tarim since he could act as a finisher by making some of my smaller murlocs bigger to swing for lethal, or make an opposing board more manageable for me to clear if needs be. It's also only a 1 mana increase of the hydra, so it wouldn't fuck with the curve too much.

Thoughts?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I've been rocking this murloc paladin deck I found online to *great* success, but of the cards recommended for this deck...

6Zkjjy5.png

the Bittertide Hydra has pretty much always been a dead card or at best, a nice sponge for removal.

The thing is I can't think of what to replace it with. Only thing I'm leaning towards at the moment is Sunkeeper Tarim since he could act as a finisher by making some of my smaller murlocs bigger to swing for lethal, or make an opposing board more manageable for me to clear if needs be. It's also only a 1 mana increase of the hydra, so it wouldn't fuck with the curve too much.

Thoughts?

Tarim always seems like a good idea.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm pretty interested in the VS report tomorrow morning. I'm hoping the quest rogue winrates are low to discourage its play a little.

sibarraz

Banned
I played 15-20 matches today from rank 9 to 6 and I only faced one warrior (taunt)

This worries me since I take it as that warrior is so op that they are already populating the higher ranks.

In the other hand, I must have faced without exaggerating, 10 hunters, which was great for me since I played miracle rogue and I went 9-1/8-2 against them, allowing me to climb from rank 9 to 6 in one day

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there any strategy behind refreshing quests? For example, if I delete a 40 gold quest, will the new quest be 60 gold?

Rerolls are random. Just reroll any 40g quests you get because you can't reroll into anything lower than that.

NA? I'm down if so.

Chris#110874

Thanks man. I know it almost looked like I was playing fast and sloppy to get the quest over with. Rest assured, I am actually that bad.

Still undecided which deck to throw all my dust at to zero in on and become competent with. Been having a great run with Hunter but the deck is, I dunno, not my cup of tea. Going to try Zoolock now that I've just bought and cleared Karazhan. Cost next to nothing to fill out the deck.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thanks man. I know it almost looked like I was playing fast and sloppy to get the quest over with. Rest assured, I am actually that bad.

Still undecided which deck to throw all my dust at to zero in on and become competent with. Been having a great run with Hunter but the deck is, I dunno, not my cup of tea. Going to try Zoolock now that I've just bought and cleared Karazhan. Cost next to nothing to fill out the deck.

Yeah the meta decks right now are crazy expensive. Hunter is probably the cheapest but definitely can be boring to play. Zoo isn't super popular right now but is definitely right there with hunter for being cheaper.

Taunt warriors are very eager to just drop dirty rat on turn 2 against every deck.

Yeah the meta decks right now are crazy expensive. Hunter is probably the cheapest but definitely can be boring to play. Zoo isn't super popular right now but is definitely right there with hunter for being cheaper.

Taunt warriors are very eager to just drop dirty rat on turn 2 against every deck.

yeah i made a homebrwew hunter with like, one non essential epic and about 5 care cards, and this is how my ladder went
qt7z8qC.png

NBtoaster

I'm glad this brawl is here dissuade me from crafting the warlock quest. I've heard it was bad but still wanted to try it. Now I can get my fill playing it in an environment reasonably close to the ladder but without pirate warrior.

KuroNeeko

How is Shaku these days?

I know he was pretty much ignored until Kripp and Super started playing with him in Miracle last cycle.

I'd like to a N'zoth / Burgle type of Rogue deck and am trying to decide if he or Sherazin would be the better craft. Probably Sherazin?

From this set, I still need

Primo Glyph x 2
Primo Drake x 1
Killer Plant Dood x 2
Sherazin
Sunkeeper Terim

I'd like to get

Clutchmother
Warlock Quest
Pyros

as well.

I'd like to get into playing Discard or Demon warlock too. Seems like fun.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Shaku is still being included in some miracle decks from what I've seen, but sherazin is an auto include in them at this point.

Top Bottom