• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Depends on how strictly or liberally you're defining "tutor". Especially since there aren't any cards that are doing exactly what the tutor cards in MTG do.
To me, it's just a manipulable pull from the deck. Arcanologist counts because you could play 1 secret and pull it 100% of the time if you wanted.

I wish King's Elekk was a reliable card. I actually tried making a Hunter deck that mostly had answers in the cheap card range, and my only minions were King's Elekk plus 6 expensive minions like Dr. Boom. The idea was just that I could guarantee the curve out while maintaining control until then.

King's Elekk consistently pulled my other King's Elekk during the joust. -_-

lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think I'm actually going to craft the Rogue quest, because the deck is cheap otherwise.

Grief.exe

To me, it's just a manipulable pull from the deck. Arcanologist counts because you could play 1 secret and pull it 100% of the time if you wanted.

I wish King's Elekk was a reliable card. I actually tried making a Hunter deck that mostly had answers in the cheap card range, and my only minions were King's Elekk plus 6 expensive minions like Dr. Boom. The idea was just that I could guarantee the curve out while maintaining control until then.

King's Elekk consistently pulled my other King's Elekk during the joust. -_-

I'm so glad joust mechanics are dead, what garbage game design.

Just price in the battlecry effect, don't give us a battlecry effect that has a large chance of failing and rendering the turn useless.

I think I'm actually going to craft the Rogue quest, because the deck is cheap otherwise.

Wait until Vicious Syndicate drops their report tomorrow if you're short on dust.

Quest Rogue doesn't have the best winrate.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've not found a card I'd consider 5/5 yet, if 5/5 means OP that is.

This set seems very well balanced. FF is incredible in terms of value, but it doesn't do anything game breaking. Too many other 1 mana cards exist for the other classes that retain deck synergy for it to be an auto include.

Adapt seems very well balanced in general.

The quests seem a little lacklustre aside from the obvious two, but I'd not had the chance to try anything but Warrior.

Overall it does seem like a really balanced epxac.

According to Reddit, one of the Hearthstone devs recently said they are going to try to find a way to get old Wild cards easily by the end of the year. I wouldn't disenchant unless you're certain you'll never play Wild again..

What does this mean "get old wild cards easily"? As simply as it sounds: increase chances of finding wild cards from older expansions, or maybe extra ways of finding them?

I dusted a bunch of wild stuff I would never use, but kept all the really good stuff just in case.

I'm so glad joust mechanics are dead, what garbage game design.

Just price in the battlecry effect, don't give us a battlecry effect that has a large chance of failing and rendering the turn useless.

Wait until Vicious Syndicate drops their report tomorrow if you're short on dust.

Quest Rogue doesn't have the best winrate.
Totally agreed.

This set seems very well balanced. FF is incredible in terms of value, but it doesn't do anything game breaking. Too many other 1 mana cards exist for the other classes that retain deck synergy for it to be an auto include.

The quests seem a little lacklustre aside from the obvious two, but I'd not had the chance to try anything but Warrior.

What does this mean "get old wild cards easily"? As simply as it sounds: increase chances of finding wild cards from older expansions, or maybe extra ways of finding them?

I dusted a bunch of wild stuff I would never use, but kept all the really good stuff just in case.
The quote was in response to someone complaining that we can't buy wild packs anymore, and the dev said they are working on implementing another way to get wild cards by the end of the year. That's all I saw.

wiibomb

The 5/5 rating is not referred to just the balance aspect, but more about the power level of the card in conjunction with how much it is used in classes, for example firefly, debated as a 5/5 not because it is busted, but because it is used in almost all classes because of its versatility.

same as herbologist being used in all paladin decks

your guess is as good as mine or as anybody, they haven't announced anything, one would assume they would put something like a "wild cards pack" or something like that

Zakalwe

Banned
Totally agreed.

The quote was in response to someone complaining that we can't buy wild packs anymore, and the dev said they are working on implementing another way to get wild cards by the end of the year. That's all I saw.

Ok, thanks.

Right now building decks for Standard is priority, but as I said I held back the best Wild legendaries just in case.

The 5/5 rating is not referred to just the balance aspect, but more about the power level of the card in conjunction with how much it is used in classes, for example firefly, debated as a 5/5 not because it is busted, but because it is used in almost all classes because of its versatility.

same as herbologist being used in all paladin decks

Thanks, thank makes perfect sense.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Well we've had stuff like that before. Sense Demons. Captain's Parrot. Ancient Harbinger. Curator.

Zakalwe

Banned
Ok, so I'm considering using a deck tracker to finally try for legend.

Which is the best one out there? I've never looked into this before.

So uh, tolvir warden, razormaw, and jeweled macaw making beast 'face' hunter preeeetty damn good in this meta
qt7z8qC.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Playing against a quest priest with handlock, I have two 6/6 on board, am jaraxxus and have six cards, he is at 15 life with amara in hand. He puts down a 2/6 taunt and passed.

Greedy mother fucker. Of course I have lethal dude.

Ripenen

Pity timer gave me the warlock quest. Still want the mage, warrior, priest quests...

Warlock is the worst quest right? That's the only one I've tried and it sucks. It's way more expensive than the other quests and the reward is super weak. Am I missing something about it?

wiibomb

Warlock is the worst quest right? That's the only one I've tried and it sucks. It's way more expensive than the other quests and the reward is super weak. Am I missing something about it?

no, the worst one seems to the last kaleidosaur, the gavadon quest, that is by far the worst.

well... may be jungle giants is close there..

Warlock quest has potential, but Discard was the wrong requirement for it. It should have been something to synergize with Zoolock or Handlock. The card would fit great in either of those decks, but not Discardlock.

no, the worst one seems to the last kaleidosaur, the gavadon quest, that is by far the worst.

well... may be jungle giants is close there..

I don't even understand Jungle Giants, because my opponent still pays mana for stuff he drops it seems...?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even understand Jungle Giants, because my opponent still pays mana for stuff he drops it seems...?

Jungle Giants only discounts things in your deck when you play the spell. So anything in your hand still costs mana. Yes this is very dumb. Yes it makes it a bad quest.

Jungle Giants only discounts things in your deck when you play the spell. So anything in your hand still costs mana. Yes this is very dumb. Yes it makes it a bad quest.

Considering the Rogue quest turns anything on the board AND in your hand into a 5/5 as well as what's in your deck, I think Druid got royally shafted with Jungle Giants.

wiibomb

if barnabus would discount the minions on hand too this would be far more usable.

right now the player depends on having a good draw in hand like nourish to make it barely usable.

sad that I got that quest and still haven't even tried seeing how I just crushed all my opponents trying to use it.

Zakalwe

Banned
No one knows the name?

I'm searching through the list of available trackers and there seems to be a few. Is there one that stands out as the best, or should I just grab any of them?

A bit lost here, help would be appreciated!

fertygo

The most famous deck tracker going off by name"Hearthstone Deck Tracker" or in acronym HDT

so uh.. yeah its kinda hard to answer that lol

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Brawl is what it should have been first week. You play the ungoro deck recipes for each class letting you try out the new cards. A bit late.

wiibomb

Brawl is what it should have been first week. You play the ungoro deck recipes for each class letting you try out the new cards. A bit late.

I agree, but on second week, there is a reason why this isn't scheduled for the first week.

patch delays.

for example, the users of amazon marketplace got the ungoro patch until thursday.

Wow. That is so bad. Whenever my opponent completes it I panic, but then they keep curving out like normal.

wiibomb

just noticed this.

barnabus, the reward, is a 8/8 minion, the effect comes with it's battlecry

Mulgrok

Arena deck with 2 envenom weapon, sap, kidnapper, 2 vilespine slayer,

12-0 easy. Envenom weapon is stupidly powerful in arena.

Dahbomb

I guess this Quest Rogue "high rolled" the Quest to activate it on turn 5 and is now beating this Zoo deck which it's supposed to lose badly to.

vall03

You can see if a player knows how to play the game with this week's Tavern Brawl, I had a Rogue used Prep > Prep and ended his turn. Also played against a Mage who coined > Hero power on turn one and spent burn spells on my one drop and two drop. Just played around 3 games though.

Also, I really love Dinomancy. My opponents can't deal with the constant +2/+2 every turn lol.

Dahbomb

All these classes with good class expansion Legendaries...

Warlock be famished. Hunter doesn't count because it's a waste trying to print interesting Legendaries for them.

Clutchmother is t he best legendary Warlock has gotten since Malganis.

bjaelke

Brode on tracking past 500 wins in ranked:
Makes it less powerful of a motivator if we add more rewards at 1k. But we decided not to do that, so we are going to add this soon.
No rewards for reaching the 1k milestone or beyond that (wording is a bit vague on whether or not it's capped).

Eventually Wild decks will be 50% legendaries.

Warlock be famished. Hunter doesn't count because it's a waste trying to print interesting Legendaries for them.

The new Hunter 9/9 for 7 is pretty good. I was playing N'Zoth Mill Rogue and I had zero answers to it since Vanish wasn't in my hand. :( Couldn't play Oracles, Brann, Healbot, etc., without them dying.

wiibomb

I wouldn't go as far as saying tyrantus is good.

Dahbomb

Eventually Wild decks will be 50% legendaries.

The new Hunter 9/9 for 7 is pretty good. I was playing N'Zoth Mill Rogue and I had zero answers to it since Vanish wasn't in my hand. :( Couldn't play Oracles, Brann, Healbot, etc., without them dying.
You can still play Healbot and Coldlights, their Battle Cries would still trigger. This way you can get some damage on Dredd too. Not like you are playing those cards for their sturdy bodies anyway.

Tyrantus sucks but Druid still has Fandral and Kun.

Top Bottom