• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

I figured out how to avoid mages, put a eater of secrets in your deck, you will never see one again. Honestly we need better anti secret tools if secrets are going to remain this powerful.

I don't know why people don't play the new ooze, it's so good. With paladin and warrior at the top and mages having medivh, why not. It's ok against rogue even, removing dagger early is good tempo. My jade rogue deck plays two, it's like a better farseer. Don't let paladin get truesilver value, they lose the board it's game over for them. Breaking truesilver is very powerful. Of course there is Tirion too.

i don't understand why this game doesn't automatically end your turn after you've played your cards and have nothing you can do with your remaining mana. baffling that you are allowed to rope after all your options are gone.

Whoa. Duplicate much? Lol

Molten reflection?

Hm, my Win rate still above 55% on all my fav decks but still seems like it takes a lot of games to get to rank 5? I'm right bout to cross over into rank 6 soon. but Blizzard got lots of promotions happening in Overwatch & HoTS. so tough to split my time between these games

trying to look at various charts and see how long it takes to hit rank 5. I'm at rank 7 right now (with almost just 1-2 stars to face final boss). all my fav decks I'm at least 55% win rate or better. maybe just a few more hrs I can cross over into rank 5 I guess...

huh I wonder how you made an entire army of arcane giants? I guess echo of mediveh / manic caster / duplicate wonders
Two giants in the deck, and I drew both. I played the first one and duplicated it. Then I played 3 and Echo'd them.

All of them were 0 mana, so I could use Time Warp to do the OTK.

after my current arena, i really need to experiment with a constructed vicious fledgling/molten reflection deck, VF is so goddamn stupid if unanswered

wiibomb

I just played a Quest Priest who I managed to burn his N'zoth...

ooooooh the delicious tears... I BMed him to no end...

I'm so sorry about the BM, but that felt extremely good.

patchday

I cant imagine doing this week's brawl 5 times. granted I always reroll the win 5 brawl quest. the extra gold just not worth it (for me personally)

I cant imagine doing this week's brawl 5 times. granted I always reroll the win 5 brawl quest. the extra gold just not worth it (for me personally)

what? this is a great one for that. lots of people will straight up quit if they get a shit mulligan and any game is winnable.

patchday

(just my opinion) but I see no point to playing a game when all the work is done for me. It's like I'm not playing the cards- they're playing me (lol, reynad quote but fitting in this instance)

man I have gradually transitioned into a disgruntled vet. but anyways its great some people like it. going forward I'll exercise my rights and avoid that crap. 40 dust just not worth that pain (again, that's just in my case).

I'd rather open my wallet and buy the packs hehe...

I might be a lot different from most. I will spend some $$ to avoid tedium and frustration

--------------------------------\

edit- happier topic I am enjoying Quest Warrior a lot :) I love Warrior class so much

gutshot

You almost certainly didn't "hit the pity timer", you just naturally opened a legendary. I find it funny how much stock people seem to put into the pity timer despite it being a thing that you have to be really, really, really, really unlucky to see. I had a buddy say how bummed he was that he opened a classic legendary before he started to open his Ungoro packs because that reset his pity timer, but the reality is that that doesn't mean anything. You're much, much, much more likely to open a legendary naturally than you are to ever have blizzard take mercy on you.

The pity timer works on a scale that resets as soon as you open an legendary. So each pack you don't open a legendary, your chance of opening a legendary in the next pack goes up. Once you open a legendary, the pity timer resets and your chance to open a legendary in the next pack goes back to the base chance of 5%.

So when people say they've "hit their pity timer", they just mean their chance of opening another legendary from that set is now as low as it can possibly be.

Hycran

Banned
I figured out how to avoid mages, put a eater of secrets in your deck, you will never see one again. Honestly we need better anti secret tools if secrets are going to remain this powerful.

You need a better secret tool than a card that destroys all secrets and gains attack and health buffs from each secret destroyed and can be played literally right after the turn where the strongest secrets in the game are played?

Sure?

patchday

The pity timer works on a scale that resets as soon as you open an legendary. So each pack you don't open a legendary, your chance of opening a legendary in the next pack goes up. Once you open a legendary, the pity timer resets and your chance to open a legendary in the next pack goes back to the base chance of 5%.

So when people say they've "hit their pity timer", they just mean their chance of opening another legendary from that set is now as low as it can possibly be.

thanks I really didn't feel like elaborating what I meant (to that poster)

so i pulled warrior quest from my arena award, is there any reason to play this in wild? bolster, fierce monkey, sludge belcher....idk if that's good enough to play it in nonstandard, gut says no?

wiibomb

for any of those using the amazon app store, you might be interested in amazon doing some extra discounts on amazon coins today and up until tomorrow.

this might be useful for next expansion preorder, 5000 amazon coins for $39.50 (5000 = $50)

Grief.exe

for any of those using the amazon app store, you might be interested in amazon doing some extra discounts on amazon coins today and up until tomorrow.

this might be useful for next expansion preorder, 5000 amazon coins for $39.50 (5000 = $50)

Do Coins ever go on deeper discounts, or is this the maximum?

Largely irrelevant.

When the brawl is 100% RNG, I always pick Warlock: more cards, more options.

That's what I was thinking, but I picked Paladin to start and it was terrible!

Ya I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to grind this out while keeping my sanity.

wiibomb

Do Amazon coins ever go on deeper discounts, or do they stay fairly static?

I've been using them for more than a year and this is the first time I've seen this kind of discount, usually the 5000 coins are about $45

they do sometimes special promos to buy bundles of coins, but they have been for new users and not existing ones, and sometimes they do coin back promotions on games (HS is not one right now), but they do require to spend coins

patchday

so i pulled warrior quest from my arena award, is there any reason to play this in wild? bolster, fierce monkey, sludge belcher....idk if that's good enough to play it in nonstandard, gut says no?

can;'t believe I'm suggesting this (because I was probably the biggest crybaby when it came to pre-ungoro Control Warrior)- but do you have Justicar? Seem like you could get so many good wins. havent tried it myself since I'm missing her and I'm not crafting Wild cards. mainly because I just hate reno.

This is the reason I'm actually climbing Standard ladder so high for first time. Cause now that reno is gone I avoid Wild like the plague. And when I do play Wild I pack 2 x Beneath the Grounds lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I don't know why people don't play the new ooze, it's so good. With paladin and warrior at the top and mages having medivh, why not. It's ok against rogue even, removing dagger early is good tempo. My jade rogue deck plays two, it's like a better farseer. Don't let paladin get truesilver value, they lose the board it's game over for them. Breaking truesilver is very powerful. Of course there is Tirion too.

This happens all the time. It's a Blizzard conspiracy. See a ton of X class(es) that run something. Tech in the counter card. Then you don't see that class in matchmaking. Want to go tech it out? Immediately see that class after you do.

TankUP

This happens all the time. It's a Blizzard conspiracy. See a ton of X class(es) that run something. Tech in the counter card. Then you don't see that class in matchmaking. Want to go tech it out? Immediately see that class after you do.

I teched a hungry crab into my paladin deck and it got a lot of value for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Grief.exe

I've been using them for more than a year and this is the first time I've seen this kind of discount, usually the 5000 coins are about $45

they do sometimes special promos to buy bundles of coins, but they have been for new users and not existing ones, and sometimes they do coin back promotions on games (HS is not one right now), but they do require to spend coins

About to drop $76 dollars on coins

😵😵😵😵😵

I read that the pity timer for a set of cards are independent of each other. So opening 1 set doesn't affect the timer of another.

patchday

I read that the pity timer for a set of cards are independent of each other. So opening 1 set doesn't affect the timer of another.

I think that's exactly what he said tho

wiibomb

last time I opened packs (I open them only in bulks), the very last pack of un'goro was the warrior quest, so I don't really want to open from those, and with the few WotOG I had, I opened my 4th dupe legendary with 4 packs after that, I don't see another legendary in sigh there either, on gadgetzan I have everything useful except for, may be, finja...

at this point I only need classic legendaries, but I have a good chunk of that set complete just some useful epics and legendaries...

I don't know what to open next time I buy packs.

patchday

I always buy packs from a set until I get a legendary, then I start saving.

^^ this+++

maybe it's just me but I get triggered if I just keep getting dupes. so to save myself frustration right after unpacking a legendary -after- the expac launch I always plan to just save for next expac.

fertygo

People do not play the new ooze?

NEWS to me because I see everyone drop that on ladder

patchday

^ Well you are really high mmr/ranking then a lot of us plebs ferty

I saw it once this morning. must've played at bout 30 games. Still hovering rank 6-7 (only mentioning rank so you know my point-of-view)

edit- to be accurate maybe I just played 10+ games don't mean to exaggerate I dont have my stats here with me at work
edit 2 - Hm, I think I played a lot of Warrior this morning too. To be frank I played a lot of Pirate & Quest war

I'm kind of theory crafting a dual Pirate/Quest Warrior. It started with the idea of making a more aggressive Quest Warrior that gets Sulfuras out earlier, but Dread Corsair turned me onto the duality idea. I don't have Fire Plume's Heart though, and I don't want to craft it just to test this deck out; plus, vanilla Quest Warrior seems kinda boring.

piratequesto0a0c.png

Just looking at it, I think it would make an already pretty inconsistent deck (PW) even more so, and would flail through the mid-game and hope that Sulfuras brings it back. The other hope is that the Taunts will protect an ever-growing Frothing Berserker. I dunno, but I still wish I could try it.

Thoughts?

patchday

^ That's a great idea maybe? I haven't been experimenting too much since was hoping to break into rank5. Been wanting to try more Warrior variants

I'm kind of theory crafting a dual Pirate/Quest Warrior. It started with the idea of making a more aggressive Quest Warrior that gets Sulfuras out earlier, but Dread Corsair turned me onto the duality idea. I don't have Fire Plume's Heart though, and I don't want to craft it just to test this deck out; plus, vanilla Quest Warrior seems kinda boring.

Just looking at it, I think it would make an already pretty inconsistent deck (PW) even more so, and would flail through the mid-game and hope that Sulfuras brings it back. The other hope is that the Taunts will protect an ever-growing Frothing Berserker. I dunno, but I still wish I could try it.

Thoughts?

I don't think it'll work. This deck would work better without the quest, so why include it if you're going to win without the quest.

Thoughts?

I think the main problem is that you have to play the quest, which means you lose the ability to roll people with pirates early on. You need every card you draw for damage when you play aggro.

^ That's a great idea maybe? I haven't been experimenting too much since was hoping to break into rank5. Been wanting to try more Warrior variants

I don't think it'll work. This deck would work better without the quest, so why include it if you're going to win without the quest.

I think the main problem is that you have to play the quest, which means you lose the ability to roll people with pirates early on. You need every card you draw for damage when you play aggro.

Yeah, like I said, all things I've considered. I was also thinking maybe not playing the Quest until the mid-game, so that you can capitalize on the early game better. But, again, even holding onto the Quest hurts the number of opening options you have. Then again, you might not need to end it early, as you have a back-up plan.

Like I said, I don't think it'll work all that well. I'm just trying to push the boundaries a bit. I think a low-curve Taunt deck would work better, even. But, of course, all of the low-cost taunts suuuuuck, which is where my issues came in.

I think a low curve taunt deck could work, but not like that. A low curve taunt deck is going to need card draw in order to play the taunts fast enough and to simply not get out valued and overran.

The downsides of giving up a quest or having to play it on a turn you'd rather use all your minion to hit the board, especially in a deck with only a few ways to interact with the board, is huge. You need to snowball with a deck like that and you're giving up an early card and early mana to add a card that will be irrelevant most games.

Speaking of pity timers, I got Harrison Jones from a classic pack last night. I assume nobody uses that one. :/

Very good card. Keep.

gutshot

Speaking of pity timers, I got Harrison Jones from a classic pack last night. I assume nobody uses that one. :/

It has been somewhat devalued with all of the cheaper weapon hate cards they have released of late. But it has seen play in the past and might again at some point. I would keep it.

This is the Miracle Priest I took to rank 5 this season:

It originally had no Holy Nova, but I put 2 in by removing a Stoneshaper and Potion of Madness. It was a great choice to help fend off Druid token nonsense that seems to be on the rise.

patchday

listen to mobuis! his/her advice carries even more weight then mine.

Remember I told you grats last night when I saw you open for a reason! :D

(I am still missing Harrison)

Top Bottom