• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Zakalwe

Banned
The pity timer works on a scale that resets as soon as you open an legendary. So each pack you don't open a legendary, your chance of opening a legendary in the next pack goes up. Once you open a legendary, the pity timer resets and your chance to open a legendary in the next pack goes back to the base chance of 5%.

So when people say they've "hit their pity timer", they just mean their chance of opening another legendary from that set is now as low as it can possibly be.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but dos the timer work across all pack types, or is there a separate timer for each?

TankUP

Sorry if this has been answered already, but dos the timer work across all pack types, or is there a separate timer for each?

Separate per pack. Opening a classic legendary doesn't change the timer on Un'goro, for example. So no reason to not open your brawl packs.

Zakalwe

Banned
Separate per pack. Opening a classic legendary doesn't change the timer on Un'goro, for example. So no reason to not open your brawl packs.

I haven't opened a legendary in the new set yet and I must be coming up on the timer limit. Just pulled an dupe from a classic pack, so was hoping that wouldn't effect it.

Thanks!

wiibomb

Ungoro has surprised me in a lot of ways....

I saw that token druid was good, but it is really good... living mana was one of those cards I thought would be completely unusable and I have won with that card many times today, it is just too effective, fill the board with a single card and if the tokens die, the druid can still play normally next turn, if they don't the mana isn't important at all, the board is filled anyway

Ladekabel

When you make a comeback in a game against mage but lose anyway because you didn't play around perfect answers from Cabalist's Tome, Babbeling Book and that 2/1 thing. God, Mage is the most unfun to play against at the moment.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
People are going to be extremely disappointed when Kripp presses that button. His client will crash and he'll log in to see the number is huge. That's all that will happen.

Anyone expecting anything else is crazed.

Nachos

Blizzard has made sure the servers won't crash.
That's what they say, but how can we be sure they only said that because they thought Kripp would never press it?

Someone needs to archive the stream and sync it up to THE BUTTON from Ren and Stimpy lol.
Depending on how long it takes, I'll see if I can make it happen. I'm just now learning video software, but moving heads around on top of existing video hopefully shouldn't be that hard.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't know why people don't play the new ooze, it's so good.
It's an epic that isn't integral to making a high tier deck effective. So people don't tend to open them in packs and it's not high enough priority to spend that much dust on, especially since you can always forget about the armor gain and run acidic ooze instead.

5 out of 7 opponents at rank 11-12 have been hunter. Is there any non-paladin deck that works reliably against them?

gets absolutely destroyed by all varieties of shaman

miracle rogue is also a bad matchup sometimes

Fewr

(just my opinion) but I see no point to playing a game when all the work is done for me. It's like I'm not playing the cards- they're playing me (lol, reynad quote but fitting in this instance)

man I have gradually transitioned into a disgruntled vet. but anyways its great some people like it. going forward I'll exercise my rights and avoid that crap. 40 dust just not worth that pain (again, that's just in my case).

I'd rather open my wallet and buy the packs hehe...

I might be a lot different from most. I will spend some $$ to avoid tedium and frustration

I like the game a lot, but I don't have time to play on weekdays. I think I manage to do around 3-5 games per day from monday to friday, so easy 40G quests or RNG heavy methods to achieve quests are much easier to fit in there. (I only have to complete 2-3 of them per week anyway)

On weekends I prefer the 60+G quests because I have more time to spare, and that's also when I focus on ranked play and on building decks to use during the coming week.

So yes, I like RNG stuff because it's easier to achieve quests and I don't feel I'm leaving any gold on the table.

I don't mind opening my wallet either, but I've yet to find a sweet spot of how many packs to buy per expansion. How many do you guys open? 100? 120? 150+?

manhack

People are going to be extremely disappointed when Kripp presses that button. His client will crash and he'll log in to see the number is huge. That's all that will happen.

Anyone expecting anything else is crazed.

Yeah there was a video of someone with a lot of dust pressing their button and the game froze right away. The servers didn't crash, but they had to restart the game client. I don't even think they got to see any animations.

scarlet

I lost 2 matches against quest rogue.

1st he had wisp from mimic pod, so he had 25/25 on turn 4.

2nd was he had bilefin and taunt, while I topdeck lethal.

5 is so close but yet so far.

Edit: YAAAAYYY finally reached rank 5 for the 1st time with miracle rogue. Final boss was a jade druid, so I knew I could won that.

Since I put eater of secrets and haven't face any mage at all.

NBtoaster

Finally got rank 5 with Jade Druid, got tired of facing super greedy Priests at rank 6. It's an instant lose to rogue but hardly anyone plays that at this rank at this time of month. Now I can screw around at the new rank floor.

Is amaz streaming ladder atm? Or anyone know what rank he is around in std? Deck had a lot of gold in it. I got the marsh queen off on him lol
rdvo464.jpg

Grief.exe

I'm guessing I need to delete Hearthstone off of my phone in order to download it from the Amazon app store. Then I can spend my coins.

LOL

Just had a void terror with 15 attack

Enemy had a stacked field

enemy had 22 HP left, I had 5

I had a felfire potion

And I drew a leper gnome

Put down the leper gnome

Attack with void terror

use felfire potion

Suicide myself to KO the opponent and myself, we both lose

Made him waste his time, perfection.

And now I'm gonna watch Blank Check on Netflix. That's how I feel right now, denying somebody a win by double suiciding and about to lose. It feels amazing. He had all the cards stacked and he LOST. WE BOTH LOST. THERE WERE NO WINNERS.

KuroNeeko

Going to be playing a bit (probably) if anyone wants to trade PAFs!
BN: candyFrog#1327

I'm guessing I need to delete Hearthstone off of my phone in order to download it from the Amazon app store. Then I can spend my coins.

Yeah, you need to download it using the Underground app if I remember correctly. It has to be the version from the Amazon store.

When you're all done, you can uninstall that version and reinstall the normal app (if you want).

Blizzard

Banned
This is so stressful, second time I've had a chance to promote to 10. The first time I lost to a quest rogue of all things, which I usually do well against (if they get lots of glacial shard bounces or lots of the taunt-generating minion then I lose).

This time it's fittingly a rank 10 paladin, so here goes nothing.

I've never been higher than 14 or 13 in previous seasons.

*edit* Second promotion attempt failed. Got them down to 7 HP, then they played 5 taunts and healed for 12 HP. :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
trying to figure out if I actually want to try to climb some in legend, or just mess around with dumb priest decks

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I only included them for a divine shield quest, but you know what? Sunwalkers are damn good cards.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm practicing my quest rogue in dumpster legend, people say there's no decisions, those people are dumb.
I found out by trying pirate warrior that it's also not near as easy or as straightforward as people suggest.

I'm still not sure if I will get from 11 to 10 before the season ends. I'm like 30-30 with the deck.

squidyj

I found out by trying pirate warrior that it's also not near as easy or as straightforward as people suggest.

I'm still not sure if I will get from 11 to 10 before the season ends. I'm like 30-30 with the deck.

you were looking for someone to spectate you the other day, let me know if you're still interested in someone doing that.

quote for battletag

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Blizzard

Banned
you were looking for someone to spectate you the other day, let me know if you're still interested in someone doing that.

quote for battletag

I don't know if I'll have time, but if I'm on tomorrow night maybe. Thanks!

Also I just got my luckiest pack ever, since I randomly bought a Gadgetzan pack with coins to get 5 dust.

I know the golden one is considered a meme legendary so I should probably dust it for a Paladin legendary. What about the Druid one? Is it also worthless?

I could theoretically craft Greenskin, but as far as I know that's not core in pirate warrior so I might as well branch out.

KuroNeeko

I haven't checked out your replays since I'm at work, but isn't 6-4 consistent with a 60% win rate? That's a better figure than what VS was giving the archtype on their site.

6-4 tonight on my version of midrange paladin after a break.

Match History

Are my losses unlucky or am I just bad? I'll never have the time to reach legend at those types of win rates. Sorry, but I would like someone to tell my why I'm bad so maybe someday I can reach legend.

Loss replays:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/GbdCZocEdAuQp3yPi2dvJN

https://hsreplay.net/replay/DKfMUdj7BawC4tRySTpNWi

https://hsreplay.net/replay/fqMgYXHdSwgHrZdYLkB4XU

https://hsreplay.net/replay/H4yHk8fvZXSh9aH56qZRED

ScribbleD

I don't know if I'll have time, but if I'm on tomorrow night maybe. Thanks!

Also I just got my luckiest pack ever, since I randomly bought a Gadgetzan pack with coins to get 5 dust.

I know the golden one is considered a meme legendary so I should probably dust it for a Paladin legendary. What about the Druid one? Is it also worthless?

I could theoretically craft Greenskin, but as far as I know that's not core in pirate warrior so I might as well branch out.

Kun lost a lot of shine when Aviana rotated out because of their ability to setup OTKs. I think it's still included in Ramp, though.

Blizzard

Banned
At least squidyj is witnessing the sort of luck I have. 3 mulligan cards and 12 ingame cards, no weapon.

My deck has 2 axe, 2 nzoth, 2 arcanite, and 1 molten blade. ;_; *edit* And 2 upgrades, of course.

fertygo

Match History

Are my losses unlucky or am I just bad? I'll never have the time to reach legend at those types of win rates. Sorry, but I would like someone to tell my why I'm bad so maybe someday I can reach legend.

Loss replays:

why you not pick eye for eye at first game at that last couple turn, I can't think way taunt warrior only ping your face at that position and its does cost you damage that you need

you also unnecessarily made your hp below 17 with face tanking primordial drake, just trade stagodon

17 hp = you survive 2 rag shot, you still had multiple body after stagodon trade, also face tanking with truesilver also more overkill

KuroNeeko

At least squidyj is witnessing the sort of luck I have. 3 mulligan cards and 12 ingame cards, no weapon.

My deck has 2 axe, 2 nzoth, 2 arcanite, and 1 molten blade. ;_; *edit* And 2 upgrades, of course.

Don't attribute your losses to just poor luck. You can always play better and blaming it on the mulligan denies yourself the chance to look for areas you can improve.

Pirate Warrior is a solid deck in this meta, especially now when decks are still unrefined and it's super easy to get to Rank 5 / Legend (if you have the time).

If it truly is a case of bad luck, and there is nothing to learn from that one match, then move on. Statistically it will all even out at the end. I played Dragon Priest for the majority of my climb to 5 and it has a lower win rate percentage than your deck, but I managed to make it. You can to.

Match History

Loss replays:

I dunno about control paladin right now. It just doesn't seem great. 10 games is not enough to conclude you'll maintain that winrate especially if you're at rank 5. It usually gets tough around rank 2 or 1 in my experience.

edit:
I mean, I guess that is midrange-ish. I would cut doomsayer personally. You need more consistency. I would also cut adapation. Probably 1 or both steed buff cards (I personally think the card is rather meh). Cut sunwalkers. You'll want rag lightlord. Add a vineslayer sword whatever, the 7 cost weapon. It's good in this sort of deck. I don't think rallyingblade is good enough.

Some other cards I think might work well

cairne
stonehill defender

I'm also a big fan of curator in paladin atm. 1 primordial drake, u got the murlocs, u got the beasts (could also swap for kodos if the stegodons don't work out)

edit2:
So far I got something like this http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...62:1;55479:2;55495:2;55507:2;55533:1;55581:1;

3 cards to fill in. I personally like stampeding kodos over lightfused stegodons though. Can also fit in like tar creepers or golakka crawlers or stonehill defenders or more value.

last edit:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/822133-midrange-paladin - this is what midrange paladin might end up looking like when I play it. I've played some elemental paladin and had some solid success when I drew decently. Could tweak this deck enough and prob hit legend with it deck month tbh.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't attribute your losses to just poor luck. You can always play better and blaming it on the mulligan denies yourself the chance to look for areas you can improve.
Oh I certainly don't attribute all (or even most) of them to it.

But when you don't get a weapon for 15 cards and you have 8 cards that give you weapons, that's pretty darn poor luck. :p

It very powerful Man U can do it. Drop that new weapon, it's not needed for the reason you posted above. Green skin only good in wild where ships cannon and 4 mana weapon exist don't craft him for std

Blizzard

Banned
Oh I certainly don't attribute all (or even most) of them to it.

But when you don't get a weapon for 15 cards and you have 8 cards that give you weapons, that's pretty darn poor luck. :p
I realy want to know the odds of this.

A few games later, same thing but worse. Top 16 cards, no weapon. 8 weapon-generating cards in the deck.

Meanwhile, my priest opponent used Elise, immediately played shadow visions, and discovered a copy of their un'goro deck. AND the un'goro deck contained gold Kalimos.

also you have leeroy, right blizzard? leeroy comes in clutch on so many pirate warrior wins when i get annoyed and put together a PW, i imagine the deck is significantly worse without him.

Blizzard

Banned
also you have leeroy, right blizzard? leeroy comes in clutch on so many pirate warrior wins when i get annoyed and put together a PW, i imagine the deck is significantly worse without him.
I have the 5/2 charge minion as a substitute. It's not perfect but I rarely lose by 1 HP.

The two final changes I want to make are to craft another frothing berserker (I'm not sure I play the one I have at the proper times) and another southsea captain.

I'm also not sure I do 100% correct mulligans.

Top Bottom