• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dunno if anyone watched Global Games last nite but... whats the deal with the Chinese Taipei flag? Is that the legit flag?
Sorry for not takin' a shot.

bunbun777

Finally hit rank 5. Went on a tear with elemental paladin until last game against murloc pally, then switched over to a hunter deck for the next 3 wins to hit 5.

in standard you absolutely want leeroy, a second frothing, and southsea atm. very strong rank 5 deck with those man, no doubt you will hit r10 if you make them. being able to do 11 damage with leeroy + arcanite hit on t6 is really big time. leeroy is probably a top 5 craft in the game, no brainer if you want to play some face decks at any point in your HS career. him and auctioneer are the 2 most likely cards to go into the HOF whenever they update it IMO.

it might not seem like it matters that often but like 1/3 of the time you will draw leeroy by turn 7 or so which is the end of pirate warriors win zone, it's huge.

Grief.exe

Just bought some packs with coins and they didn't show up.

😭😭😭😭

Edit: had to click on store again and they showed up.

Edit2: 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Instant disenchant? The problem with King Mosh is the only combo that works is whirlwind into Mosh. Can't use ravaging ghoul or Drake since they're too expensive, and it wipes your board as well.

AJOfy8Y.jpg

Taunt Warrior isn't that good, I'm getting wrecked at rank 17 by all sorts of mediocre decks. Hunter, Priest, Paladin (not even Murloc pally, just bog standard basic card pally) it's crazy.

It's just so slow to pop the quest and I have little removal or damage. To be honest I don't know what's going wrong. I'm so annoyed and disappointed right now.

I crafted both the Rogue and Warrior quests and I regret both.

Grief.exe

I'm about 1000 dust away from crafting a burn mage, just need to get Alex. I'm only going to craft one primordial glyph, don't want to unpack one later and regret it, however unlikely that will occur.

Taunt Warrior isn't that good, I'm getting wrecked at rank 17 by all sorts of mediocre decks. Hunter, Priest, Paladin (not even Murloc pally, just bog standard basic card pally) it's crazy.

It's just so slow to pop the quest and I have little removal or damage. To be honest I don't know what's going wrong. I'm so annoyed and disappointed right now.

The meta kind if shifted past both those decks.

Just bought some packs with coins and they didn't show up.

😭😭😭😭

Edit: had to click on store again and they showed up.

Edit2: 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦

Instant disenchant? The problem with King Mosh is the only combo that works is whirlwind into Mosh. Can't use ravaging ghoul or Drake since they're too expensive, and it wipes your board as well.
I like King Mosh a lot. Has bailed me out a number of times. Could get some good use in future expansions as well.

Shield slam, execute, sleep with the fishes, brawl?

Grief.exe

I like King Mosh a lot. Has bailed me out a number of times. Could get some good use in future expansions as well.

I unpacked the Voraxx and Mosh today, both could be justifiably disenchanted since they're not in the meta, but I'm worried one day I'll need them.

Blizz is not going to nerf Quest Rogue, are they? Sometimes I cannot help but shake my head at their incompetence.

Quest Rogue win rate is subpar, would be beating a dead horse.

Shield slam, execute, sleep with the fishes, brawl?

Yeah I run those except sleep with the fishes that I don't have. I just seem to get snowballed by a scavaging hyena or something else getting crazy buff while I just plop out one taunt per turn.

I guess I'm just poor at the game, it sucks. I've been playing over a year and watch streams etc but never get higher than rank 16 :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The production on this DreamHack

Classic DH:
First match
* 30 minutes of down time *
* Production issues *
Second match
* 30 minutes of down time *

Esportsss

EDIT: Man, your avatar is friggin' cute. Just wanted to let you know. :3

fertygo

Yeah I run those except sleep with the fishes that I don't have. I just seem to get snowballed by a scavaging hyena or something else getting crazy buff while I just plop out one taunt per turn.

I guess I'm just poor at the game, it sucks. I've been playing over a year and watch streams etc but never get higher than rank 16 :(
Taunt Warrior is very favored against hunter dude

Mulligan your quest away because hunter can't last long.. your quest didnt matter.. they run out of resource before that

Altho you do not have sleep with fishes didnt matter

Unlike quest rogue.. 50 percent of matchup with quest warr not came down to finishing quest and just run out of resource off your opponent

joelseph

Going to another Fireside this coming Tuesday. This one is just Journey to Ungoro celebration with lots of swag so not as intense. Anyone in the Chicagoland area should hit me up and come out. Really fun vibe at a bar in the loop that has 4 dollar drafts and mixed drinks during the event! Last time there were over 30 people. Scene is growing rapidly.

wiibomb

Taunt Warrior is very favored against hunter dude

Mulligan your quest away because hunter can't last long.. your quest didnt matter.. they run out of resource before that

Altho you do not have sleep with fishes didnt matter

Unlike quest rogue.. 50 percent of matchup with quest warr not came down to finishing quest and just run out of resource off your opponent

I need to start doing that, I have lost to token druid and hunters because I don't have enough cards and the quest on hand never helps

fertygo

I need to start doing that, I have lost to token druid and hunters because I don't have enough cards and the quest on hand never helps
Druid can be tricky there is some jade druid out there

But for hunter its 100 percent safe to throw your quest there is no humter deck out there that gonna play long game.

I know I'm probably extremely LTTP, but I'm finishing up Jane Eyre and had to look up what "sylvan" meant. Turns out it means "wooded." My Queen's name, Sylvanas, makes even more sense now.

Although naming an elf after the woods is a little on-the-nose. Then again, Thrall... Although that isn't his given name.

It's a fantasy universe though, one heavily cribbed from a board game and it's just a setting for a videogame. Can't expect too much subtlety, lol.

Druid can be tricky there is some jade druid out there

But for hunter its 100 percent safe to throw your quest there is no humter deck out there that gonna play long game.

We got to turn 9 I think. He wasn't playing that aggressive, just a beast hunter that had a scavaging hyena I couldn't remove.

I don't see how playing the quest on 1 would have made that much difference, chances are I wouldn't have drawn a better one drop as taunt Warrior doesn't really run any.

bluehat9

Just got to rank 8 with taunt warrior. Really needed the second taunt dragon and to use two armorsmiths though. And you need brawl.

Finally made some decks with the dust and gold I got from the opening week of opening packs and all.

I have:

Pirate Warrior (Will have Taunt Quest Warrior once I get enough dust for the quest)
Caverns Rogue
Midrange Hunter
Murloc Quest Shaman
Murloc Paladin

I wanted to craft Miracle Rogue but it just has too many legendaries I don't have.

Same for Elemental Shaman.

Going to another Fireside this coming Tuesday. This one is just Journey to Ungoro celebration with lots of swag so not as intense. Anyone in the Chicagoland area should hit me up and come out. Really fun vibe at a bar in the loop that has 4 dollar drafts and mixed drinks during the event! Last time there were over 30 people. Scene is growing rapidly.

Man I wish there were some in town. Closest one is like two hours away :/

Just got to rank 8 with taunt warrior. Really needed the second taunt dragon and to use two armorsmiths though. And you need brawl.

I run two armorsmiths and brawl of course, I'd suck even worse without that card.

I don't have any taunt dragon though bit can't see how they would matter that much.

I'm fed up with it, I have friends at work that get to rank 13, one running quest Priest and I always flounder around 17.

fertygo

We got to turn 9 I think. He wasn't playing that aggressive, just a beast hunter that had a scavaging hyena I couldn't remove.

I don't see how playing the quest on 1 would have made that much difference, chances are I wouldn't have drawn a better one drop as taunt Warrior doesn't really run any.
You want every chance to get war axe or ghoul

Not because you not run any 1 drop

You want have tempo to comfortably drop your taunt minion.. dropping your taunt with your opponent had all advantage on board is not good

You want every chance to get war axe or ghoul

Not because you not run any 1 drop

You want have tempo to comfortably drop your taunt minion.. dropping your taunt with your opponent had all advantage on board is not good

I'm sure you're right, you're a much better player than me but it just seems like such a small thing and I don't think it would have changed any of the last six losses I've had in a row.

All I have is taunts pretty much so that's what I'm always doing, dropping a taunt in front of their board.

Q8D3vil

Sometime Hunter can outright win with turn 2 hyena plays after trading cats, very hard to remove it before doing a considerable amount of damage.
Rarely happen though, but happened to me few times.

Blizzard

Banned
Sometime Hunter can outright win with turn 2 hyena plays after trading cats, very hard to remove before at least doing considerable amount of damage.
Rarely happen though, but happened to me few times.
I think I had a Hunter play two scavenging Hyenas against me by turn 3-4 recently. It was brutal. :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just ran up from 10-6 playing only taunt warrior...

So the deck cab still win but you gotta tune the curve against​ aggro. Thankfully I didn't play many rogues. I use no sleep with fishes anymore and doulbe armorsmith and double everything that whirlwinds

Gotta save removal for hyena if u can. I see a lot of ppl get shut down by that card and 90% of the time I see it in game it's at best a 2 mana 4/3 played off curve and often just a 2/2.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta save removal for hyena if u can. I see a lot of ppl get shut down by that card and 90% of the time I see it in game it's at best a 2 mana 4/3 played off curve and often just a 2/2.

Yep. Against Hunters (as warrior) I end up saving War Axe charges and Executes to use against those guys. Yes you want to have them for Highmanes, but they'll kill you before turn 6 if you let the heyena stay on the board for more than 1 turn. Another card that Dirty Rat makes better. Much easier to remove a 2/2 Heyena on your turn than whatever it becomes on their turn.

Yep. Against Hunters (as warrior) I end up saving War Axe charges and Executes to use against those guys. Yes you want to have them for Highmanes, but they'll kill you before turn 6 if you let the heyena stay on the board for more than 1 turn. Another card that Dirty Rat makes better. Much easier to remove a 2/2 Heyena on your turn than whatever it becomes on their turn.

Yep I was trying to remove the hyena at all costs but didn't have the tools. He had a taunt up and so I couldn't damage the hyena at all to then use execute. He then traded so many small minions into my large taunts and it was a rap. These things happen I guess, just wish I wasn't on such a loosing streak. Every deck I face just seems beat me.

sleep w the fishes is a yuge reason on why that deck is good man, as is primordial drake. grind some games with PW, hunter, or zoo/discardlok and get some swag back until you can afford dem. or perhaps take a more aggressive take on the deck, because without those your control is gonna be lacking

Lyng

Priest is honestly the worst class in the game right now. Especially with all their get random shit. Every priest game is pure clownfiesta. It has absolutely nothing to do with skill since you cannot know what they have and they dont know what they will get.
Its not OP at all its just really really bad design. Priest games might aswell be a coinflip.

And yes they are much worse then mage since at least with mage you know its mage cards. Against priest you have zero clue what you are playing against.

fertygo

Seems most priest deck out there not relying in stealing card tho.. they looking to abusing the shit out of shadow vision instead like aggro purify priest.

wiibomb

Seems most priest deck out there not relying in stealing card tho.. they looking to abusing the shit out of shadow vision instead like aggro purify priest.

it's still a mystery for me how to play that class nowadays...

I see the streams and I just get to a point where the priest player lays a lyra, throws a bunch of spells and somehow manages to win because of that..

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
it's still a mystery for me how to play that class nowadays...

I see the streams and I just get to a point where the priest player lays a lyra, throws a bunch of spells and somehow manages to win because of that..

Yep that's pretty much it. It turns out priest has a lot of spells that are really useful in some situations but are awful if you have to put them in your deck. If you can get them randomly from Lyra though... different story.

And Shadow Visions is just busted. It's probably the best Priest card in the set by a country mile. It's insanely versatile and is basically 2 extra copies of whatever card you need at that moment.

Mulgrok

Primordial glyph is probably the most OP card this expansion. Remove the mana reduction and it would still probably be played.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I think i'm gonna stay near rank 15 this month, i just don't have the will to grind so many games right now, in those ranks there's a healthy meta so many varied decks.Also i think just made a guy ragequit while i was playing taunt warrior, he got galvadon on the board and a 10/10 but i managed to win the game with a disgusting rag shot, kinda feel bad honestly, oh well.

Blizzard

Banned
Primordial glyph is probably the most OP card this expansion. Remove the mana reduction and it would still probably be played.
I really dislike that card. Primordial glyph -> free primordial glyph -> repeated iceblocks or whatnot.

Regarding my own ranked progress, it happened for the third time in 3 days. This time I got on a winning streak, then nope -- 0 weapons in 12 cards, in a pirate warrior mirror match.

I have got to figure out the odds of this, let alone the odds of it happening 3 times in rapid succession.

Blizzard

Banned
Regarding my own ranked progress, it happened for the third time in 3 days. This time I got on a winning streak, then nope -- 0 weapons in 12 cards, in a pirate warrior mirror match.

I have got to figure out the odds of this, let alone the odds of it happening 3 times in rapid succession.
If I did the math right, it's 0.003 odds of happening once. Seeing that 3 times out of maybe 30 games is...quite something. 33 times higher than I would expect. Technically the other 2 times were even worse odds since I got to like 14-15 cards with no weapons.

I really dislike that card. Primordial glyph -> free primordial glyph -> repeated iceblocks or whatnot.

Did you hard mulligan for a weapon?

Blizzard

Banned
Did you hard mulligan for a weapon?
The previous two times, I believe so. This time, I might have 2/3 mulligan'd (which is my own fault), but I tried to take that into account doing the math. I might be off by a few points but it should generally be accurate. This is a deck that's 9/30 odds of a weapon since I haven't removed Molten Blade yet.

squidyj

oh my god i really need to slow down and sequence my plays.

Tonight I prepped coin and completed quest with 10 cards in hand (separate games)
>_<

Top Bottom