• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I totally forgot I unlocked the damn thing! :D Gonna try it tonight.

Yesterday I spawned a Mech suit. Only to be dropped on top of a VERY sturdy lamppost. It just set there. Much to my teammates hilarity.
Had to shoot it down with the Autocannon to get it off.

Thing was in flames but I managed to use it up until extraction.

Here is an example of the actual spear experience 99% of the time.

Played a few missions with Spyxos. Had a blast! :D

He wanted to see Striders and Gunships so after 2 bug missions we went for it along with 2 lower level guys.
Talked a lot about games and stuff.

Eventually we toppled 2 Factory Striders and a Gunship tower. At one moment we had a true "youtube moment". Either me or Spyxos blasted a dropship which then went soaring into a medium outpost. Instantly clearing a secondary objective with bots flying everywhere!

My medal.tv wasnt running so I didn't get to save the moment. But it was awesome!

And I might have accidently killed a civilian by landing a supply drop pod on its head.....

Last edited:
Ended up playing with Gymwolf and Spyxos. Good company!

We had a blast! I made a few clips, 1 about Spyxos messaging me from the toilet..... Will make a compilation once I have enough. :)

Sure enough he joined, only to disconnect again. Gymwolf had a suggestion as to why:

Last edited:

Spyxos

Ended up playing with Gymwolf and Spyxos. Good company!

We had a blast! I made a few clips, 1 about Spyxos messaging me from the toilet..... Will make a compilation once I have enough. :)

Sure enough he joined, only to disconnect again. Gymwolf had a suggestion as to why:

Pug Toilet GIF

so, long story short, I just had an epic moment and I'm proud of it. that's all :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TLDR: dropped into a random suicide mission. half way through everyone gone and I was able to finish the whole thing by myself.

so, was just in a suicide mission after joining in some randos. dropped in while the mission was already on going, and I'm already next to some Devastators. got killed, got dropped in again and this time I booked it as fast as possible towards somewhere that looks clear. call down auto cannon and start going to work popping factories. after killing a detector tower with some 380 barrage, some guy left which I assume he was caught in it and killed? whatever. I kept on it and clear a secondary (radar station) and a main objective (ore vein survey). then the other 2 guys left and I'm by myself. dropped a SOS but nobody join. I ran back, finished a secondary objective (blow up research station) and then keep going north to the other ore vein. finished that one with 20 minutes left and still the main objective of geo survey. decided to go for it, called it down and wait for the bots. the drops came in. long story short, I died a couple times to the point of 0 respawns. but I finished the objective. on the way to extraction, pop off the remaining heavy outpost and got to extraction with the destroyer leaving in 16 seconds. I was able to throw in a 380 barrage right before the Destroyer left and I ran off to wait for emergency extraction and it DID keep raining the barrage even after the clock ran out. I went over to just a little out of the extraction and circled back to a cover spot. most of the adds are gone now and only a few left. waited for Pelican to touch down and shot out the couple trash bots and booked it into extraction. left with everything done and only 1 small outpost I didn't get to. fucking hell that was tight 😂

Last edited:
Yes, I'm available.
Aight cool, I have Discord now. Dont know if Gym has it.

It was funny yesterday when I heard you 2 for the first time. You can't read accents here.
(And I do speak German, but I was too tired to try)

Gymwolf reminded me of Gino D'acampo :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just got this game yesterday, and it's a blast. Nothing else quite like it out there.

Heads up: My game crashed twice in a row on extraction. Had a bunch of samples, medals, XP coming my way. All lost. I think it's because those two times, I had tried sending a chat message during the take-off animation. Hasn't happened since I stopped doing that.

Edit: Killjoy mentioned below that you do get the rewards if this happens. I had just assumed it was lost and didn't verify.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Just got this game yesterday, and it's a blast. Nothing else quite like it out there.

Heads up: My game crashed twice in a row on extraction. Had a bunch of samples, medals, XP coming my way. All lost. I think it's because those two times, I had tried sending a chat message during the take-off animation. Hasn't happened since I stopped doing that.
It happens, but if you completed the mission, you should be receiving your rewards later on.

You on Steam or PS5?

Here is an example of the actual spear experience 99% of the time.

I tried it during a mission. Yeah its shit. It once locked on to a medium enemy. Ignoring the Bile Titans...
Spyxos already warned me but I tried anyway. Damn thing needs a fix ASAP.

Had a lot of fun playing with Spyxos and Gymwolf this weekend.

I think Gymwolf gave Spyxos a discount on a Steam game. They had a bit trouble understanding each other due to their accents but I could understand them just fine.
Gents, thanks for the fun sessions!

The highlight for me was the doomed attempt at getting on top of a factory strider.
I was so consumed with making it happen, I failed to see the 2 Eagles RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME that had been called in to destroy it. Taking me down along with it in a giant explosion.

Spyxos can be heard gasping at the moment everything blows up. :messenger_tears_of_joy: For me thats the funniest part.

And Spyx, sorry for all the TK's but half were your own damn fault by running/ diving/ masturbating in my line of fire.
And your requests for me killing you when you got stuck for the 13489th time don't count.

Last edited:

Spyxos

I tried it during a mission. Yeah its shit. It once locked on to a medium enemy. Ignoring the Bile Titans...
Spyxos already warned me but I tried anyway. Damn thing needs a fix ASAP.

Had a lot of fun playing with Spyxos and Gymwolf this weekend.

I think Gymwolf gave Spyxos a discount on a Steam game. They had a bit trouble understanding each other due to their accents but I could understand them just fine.
Gents, thanks for the fun sessions!

The highlight for me was the doomed attempt at getting on top of a factory strider.
I was so consumed with making it happen, I failed to see the 2 Eagles RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME that had been called in to destroy it. Taking me down along with it in a giant explosion.

Spyxos can be heard gasping at the moment everything blows up. :messenger_tears_of_joy: For me thats the funniest part.

And Spyx, sorry for all the TK's but half were your own damn fault by running/ diving/ masturbating in my line of fire.
And your requests for me killing you when you got stuck for the 13489th time don't count.
Thanks again GymWolf GymWolf for the game.

No problem with the Tks, but a certain player might die a bit more often in the future. Of course, I have absolutly nothing to do with it :)

Angel Halo GIF by Tinashe

Last edited:
on PC hold X and mouse over what you wish to drop (backpack, support weapon, samples, and one more I can’t remember) then release X to drop it.

How did I NOT know this!? This makes collecting samples WAY easier since you can drop them off at a safe spot and collect them on way to extraction....

This is a gamechanger.

Mobilemofo

I've just had two games where I was so fuckin bad, I've had to quit straight away after the second game. I'm level 38 ATM, but Jesus Christ. Killed by 8 mines total, useless with my weapons, couldn't hit a fuckin barn door if were stood in front of it. Killed.my team mate by accident 3 times. Luckily, I was the host otherwise I would have been kicked. I sent an apology message to the players who were in my game. Now I'm going to apologise to myself, for being so shit. 😅

Killjoy-NL

I realized 8 is the place to be.

7 is filled with low level players who create clusterfuck after clusterfuck, wasting everyones time.

They should lock difficulties behind account level, imo.

GymWolf

I've just had two games where I was so fuckin bad, I've had to quit straight away after the second game. I'm level 38 ATM, but Jesus Christ. Killed by 8 mines total, useless with my weapons, couldn't hit a fuckin barn door if were stood in front of it. Killed.my team mate by accident 3 times. Luckily, I was the host otherwise I would have been kicked. I sent an apology message to the players who were in my game. Now I'm going to apologise to myself, for being so shit. 😅
What is your steam name so i can avoid you in the future?

Last edited:

Luipadre

Wonder when is the next bigger patch coming with some balance. Tomorrow is tuesday the usual patch day so we might get a little one

Give me your in game acc code and i will add you.
Lets play. You might want to change your style and I will help if you want

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

Give me your in game acc code and i will add you.
Lets play. You might want to change your style and I will help if you want
It's ok. I was just having a particularly bad game. It happens. I've been on since and fully redeemed myself by helping lower level guys out to grab all the stuff the need to level up.

Top Bottom