• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

helo

yes!
0274_ofk1s.gif

The more I look at this, the more gross it gets.

tensuke

New CBOAT thread? New CBOAT thread.

Figured Nov. 8th was way too soon. Digital Retail store sounds cool though.

Soooo, will sellers have some way to bundle some kind of trading cards, achievements, dlc, etc with the digital game to increase the value (so there will be a variety of prices)? I don't see this working otherwise.

Barzul

As far as the digital stuff goes, it seems like MS will be continually innovating the online experience and keep providing value for Gold members. Thanks for the info cboat.

The selling digital content is great news regardless of your system preference. I wonder if this is a step towards future backwards compatibility for the next next gen.

Can´t help to think how will you exactly set value to a digital used game. Sounds stupid.

Loaning games sounds more realistic than this.

Man... one of my only reasons to go physical just got axed....hype!

So big news out of this post is:

- Xbox One not launching before the 15th

- Digital marketplace to sell games (b-but CBOAT only has bad XB1 news!)

Honestly that is my biggest issue with going completely digital as well. I am a gamer, but not a game collector. My video games are pretty fluid, I buy them, play them, sell them, buy more. The only games I hold on to are games for my daughters, right now, that is a lot of PS Move games, they love them.

A Digital Marketplace sounds awesome. Was he saying it was only for Xbox one? When he threw in that it was behind a paywall, and mentioned Playstation Plus, does that mean Playstation as well? That part kinda confused me.

Hargenx

MS chose the wrong thing to announce on E3, imagine the resell stuff instead of the DRM stuff, things could be different now, but MS is the only one to blame on this case..

If MS pushes the trading, selling, and buying of used digital games then it will completely make up for their previous transgressions. This is absolutely groundbreaking stuff if true.

Yeah, but if MS is making money off of it by charging a fee, doesn't this mean developers/publishers don't get any money back, and MS makes money?

Or am I missing something...

I'd also imagine pubs would be pissed, since the method now is to use DLC to keep people continuing to pay, and MS/Sony is taking that away... or maybe they are fine with it, since DLC continues to become a big thing, while trading in also becomes a viable reality by keeping it "in the family". Trading will happen anyway, may as well incorporate a "fee" that maybe splits between MS/Sony and publisher, right?

It's huge if true, and very appealing.

Most importantly, what do you guys think cboat's thoughts are on Miley Cyrus' VMA performance?

Amir0x

Banned
Honestly that is my biggest issue with going completely digital as well. I am a gamer, but not a game collector. My video games are pretty fluid, I buy them, play them, sell them, buy more. The only games I hold on to are games for my daughters, right now, that is a lot of PS Move games, they love them.

A Digital Marketplace sounds awesome. Was he saying it was only for Xbox one? When he threw in that it was behind a paywall, and mentioned Playstation Plus, does that mean Playstation as well? That part kinda confused me.

He said it's a survey going around that indicates perhaps a direction Microsoft is looking into; nothing is set in stone.

Very pleased they're considering digital trade-ins. This is what they should have had in place the day they announced. We don't want you trading with GS because they cut the industry out of the loop, so trade with us instead. You're happy, we're happy.

Dekopin

Neo Member
cboat is back!

If MS goes through with this, they'll finally be delivering some of that value they keep harping on about.

jbug617

Banned
TGS leaks lol Microsoft in Japan lol

you missed the last CBOAT thread? He posted Microsoft is breaking out the check book again. He said Platinum Games is on board and they are talking to more studios there.

Also asked Phil Spencer about TGS and said there will Xbox One announcements at TGS.

back home noaw. YAY. >_<

Apoglizes for late Oct nosho for pes4 . iheard itwa that, but sonuy is not my str0nog suit. It hapens. Cal 1800BUTOCXS for arefnud of yoru monez. (;

seruslay i am sory tho.

xboNOVE BMER 8TH HOOHAA no
saw ktosku atrticle. then retarctshun. thats ok icouldhav etold them nov 8 was piedrivedream. I know MS beter tha SC3Aa aha

*xbone cs treps are bilncg alled in afor nov 15ht
*thes are coantrcftract reps not wactualy wrok for MS. hard lyany of them cdoo.
*new cs softawf impletned for nov 15 w surpo t taxonomy for xbone
*caled "Assisted Support Desktop"
*antiphish stuf in to make hard for niigerian uktranisn rusian pinces to cal bout acoutn info that no t theirkrirs but if culstoner donestn haven email or ahpnone nubmr asocate with acount, xbone reps wil have pwoetr to tell calller to eff off
*...I wish i had zes to some sony cs reps 3 weks ago. oh wel

Do yut wnt to sel yor dgiital games? OHO I ONLAY REOPRT BAD NEWS FOR XBONE!

last thign, final workd on the mater.::
Get mad if yo want, cal me in to questoni if you like .nosweta off mynose. my jbo is safe and yoru tender tearbucklets bmaek flowers grow
b

9 year sin.onf rorusm. ben here befo4 redit madf oloks show nup and I'l turn the lignhts of when they leave.

wy?

Smpile.

I d0nt getp aid 2 post.

byeeee
You and this thread.

toaJfru.gif

Klocker

Yeah, but if MS is making money off of it by charging a fee, doesn't this mean developers/publishers don't get any money back, and MS makes money?

Or am I missing something...

I'd also imagine pubs would be pissed, since the method now is to use DLC to keep people continuing to pay... or maybe they are fine with it, since DLC continues to become a big thing, while trading in also becomes a viable reality by keeping it "in the family".

Most importantly, what do you guys think cboat's thoughts are on Miley Cyrus' VMA performance?

Oh you can count on everyone being cut in on it if it happens,

First, CBOAT is a great poster.

Second, I just can't wrap my head around this whole digital re-sale marketplace thing. It seems so weird to me. There's no such thing as a "used digital game". So what is their angle here?

If this is a survey being passed around by Microsoft or primarily concerning Microsoft, why include Playstation Plus in the survey language? I thought competitor services, even if analogous, are usually kept out of company surveys like this?

Edit, also, in CBOAT we trust.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Someone explain to me what a used digital game would be and why you'd ever buy a new digital game if a used digital game is the exact same thing but cheaper.

Amir0x

Banned
you missed the last CBOAT thread? He posted Microsoft is breaking out the check book again. He said Platinum Games is on board and they are talking to more studios there.

Also asked Phil Spencer about TGS and said there will Xbox One announcements at TGS.

it was a joke dude. I'm sure Microsoft will have something, they can't afford to let a whole show be to Sony's own self right now.

Klocker

Someone explain to me what a used digital game would be and why you'd ever buy a new digital game if a used digital game is the exact same thing but cheaper.

Possibly reduced value on each transaction to where nit is only worth selling one or a few times then becomes valueless

Edit
Or the used mp becomes the defacto digital mp and much money is transacted. Plus there may be a limited used supply as people will still be buying discs as well or playing their digital copies

calder

If the customer service reps are starting the 15th for the launch then the launch is almost certainly the following week. Not sure how much training they'd get, but a coupe of days I'd think.

A simultaneous launch with ps4 would be stupid, and a really annoying hassle for retailers and consumers.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Digital marketplace sounds great. I'm guessing the fee is split between Microsoft and the publisher, which is great.

Now they just need trading cards.

Rhindle

No one is going to do it voluntarily. Makes no sense whatsoever.

However there's a chance platform holders may be forced to do it by law in the EU, so I guess they're looking at how to make the best of it.

Top Bottom