• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here Comes the Next Xbox {Many Xbox 720 Details - Paul Thurrott article} [Updated]

gaming_noob

I wasn't speaking from the perspective of someone who prefers Sony, just the buzz around the announcement in general. Sony had a teaser video, a lead up with lots of nostalgic videos representing the playstation history, tweets of Sony developers excited to show off their new stuff, etc.

Sony did all that 23+ days before the actual reveal? The tweets, teaser or whatever they have planned I'm sure they will be coming before the 21st. The excitement level seems to be OK just based on 1 simple message with a black background.

grumble

Everyone Ive spoken to about this allways on feature really doesnt like the idea of it at all.

If the announce that it does require a constant internet connection to be able to play our single player games they will lose a ton of customers.

All my mates will go to the PS4 if its indeed true.

Won't be most likely. Now if the specs are true as is there kinect focus then I don't know why you'd go to it over a ps4 unless you are really passionate about their franchises. It would be a markedly inferior experience.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My tastes have changed throughout the years, I've gone from a Nintendo fan, to a Microsoft fan, to a Sony fan, to a Nintendo fan, to a Sony fan...truth be told, I'm a fan of all three, just some more than others during different periods of time :)

I wasn't speaking from the perspective of someone who prefers Sony, just the buzz around the announcement in general. Sony had a teaser video, a lead up with lots of nostalgic videos representing the playstation history, tweets of Sony developers excited to show off their new stuff, etc.

The xbox announcement from Microsoft just doesn't seem to have the same gravity at this stage, and it also hurts that most of the news surrounding their system has been negative.

I'm in kind of the same boat. I was always a pretty devout Nintendo fan before this gen but Sony has won me over hard. I have a lot of time with the 360 as well since my roommate in college had one. I'm a fan of Halo so I'm keeping an eye on MS to see if they get more stuff in their first party portfolio to get me to jump in. Things can always change. I'll definitely be getting a PS4 ASAP but I will be keeping an eye on Durango to see if they step it up in first party output. Good games will always win me over as long as the console isn't always online.

Izick

I think I'm most excited about the Nextbox's unveil, but I think that's mostly due to it being the last reveal. I think every E3 new consoles are announced, the last always usually is the most exhilarating because your imagination is building it up. This can be a bad thing; setting your expectations too high will always end poorly, but that's just how my mind works when it comes to console launches.

I think the only difference this time, which is going to go for Microsoft at the end of the day, most of people are going in with negative perceptions and low expectations, so when Microsoft shows off the console, and when they see exciting features and games, they're going to come away from it a lot more positive and excited then they came coming in. So I think some negativity is going to work in Microsoft's favor.

As a side note, the only thing I know for sure is that Microsoft is going to make it easier to watch this on my 360 than Sony did with the PS4 event on the Playstation Home service. I remember waiting in a theater type area with a bunch of other people, and watching a grainy video that didn't even go full-screen all the way. Microsoft has delivered on every single video event on the 360 in terms of quality and ease-of-use, so I'm at least excited for that!

Satchel

Banned
Won't be most likely. Now if the specs are true as is there kinect focus then I don't know why you'd go to it over a ps4 unless you are really passionate about their franchises. It would be a markedly inferior experience.

Why? If I'm playing a game I love, why will the experience be markedly inferior?

Did the Cell processor prevent my enjoyment of Gears of War?

How do you use Netflix/Amazon Instant/Hulu/HBO Go or play online games??? If your internet goes out that frequently it must be very hard to use these popular video streaming services or to play online games at all.

People who say this stuff should already be complaining to their ISP.

It's annoying but not impossible to use Netflix. The buffer goes out far enough and it can adjust video quality so that it does have issues but it's not too bad. It can actually pass through a 15 minute outage without issue sometimes.

And that's really my point, here you have Microsoft which makes a product that doesn't need to be connected but is telling us that we MUST be connected (Or so go the rumors) while a company like netflix whose service really does need to be connected is doing everything it can to make sure I can still use it's service when I'm NOT connected.

Hulu sucks, Amazon instant video sucks, and outside of GOT HBO sucks. So I don't use those. In terms of online games, yeah, I basically can't play them. Unless I feel like being constantly dropped from games. But ironically I can still go on internet forums all day from home or by phone and complain about about online BS, which I do, A LOT.

And of course I've complained to my ISP. I'm not a walking doormat.

Sony did all that 23+ days before the actual reveal? The tweets, teaser or whatever they have planned I'm sure they will be coming before the 21st. The excitement level seems to be OK just based on 1 simple message with a black background.

the history stuff was online a week or so before the event... in the run up.

Not having an official blog hurts MS IMO... major nelson doesn't really do the same job as the PS blog.

Top Bottom