• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Mupod

Butcher looks like a tank.

I've been playing sonya today and I thought it was clicking at one point but really the main issue I am having is the damn chain hook. It is so slow and the range is hard to figure plus once you do land they just move cause they aren't stunned.

butcher/stitches combo is so confusing to deal with visually, lol. They are nasty together too.

I had some good Murky matches last night and got him to 5. I felt dirty afterwards though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres the next hero damn it. At least a tease ;_;

I was actually watching random "leaded 1456 heroes coming to hots" videos the other day when I was bored, and there's actually quite a few actually big named heroes still missing. Like A LOT, they dont even need to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

edit: LI MING BOYS

Next week's Collection Update will take begin on Tuesday, May 30! Check out the new list of featured items and Hero discounts below:
Upcoming Hero Sales
Li-Ming — Sale Price: 375 Gems
The Butcher — Sale Price: 312 Gems

Upcoming Featured Skins
Wisdom Archangel Tyrael
Felblood Illidan
Sous Chef Stitches
Sapphire Cyberhawk Kael'thas

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Cloud Serpent
Royal Armored War Steed
Crimson War Bear
Hunter Space Lord's Starbreaker

brian!

Another possibility i feel is real for nvt, if they get through crucible, is holding on to the 4 man and kenma retiring and replaced with a newcomer support. But i still feel pretty certain that bkid will get replaced, it's just that there seem to be no good warrior replacements

Maledict

Another possibility i feel is real for nvt, if they get through crucible, is holding on to the 4 man and kenma retiring and replaced with a newcomer support. But i still feel pretty certain that bkid will get replaced, it's just that there seem to be no good warrior replacements

In some respects I feel the lack of really good warrior players is one of NAs biggest weakness. They don't seem to have the same hungry for victory players on warriors, and teams don't follow up their tanks initiation like they do elsewhere.

brian!

Agree, id respect nvt trying to hold on to bkid. His issue is timing and synergy, his mechanics seem fine. From a viewer's perspective all his engages feel like someone else is calling them and he's reacting w/ a 2 second delay

Why don't we have a Diablo 1 skin for Diablo? I am not a huge fan of how he turns out in this game:
latest

He just looks way better here:
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/4/42/Diablo.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080715160741

I think it's the lack of the doofy face.

brian!

Zuna would make such a good warrior if he just got over himself.

I feel this way about fan for old gfe, on paper him learning warrior would have improved his game a lot since he plays a pretty selfish style, but yeah if they pick up a real warrior in caff it's redundant. It would have opened equinox and khroen to play roles they were comfortable with too

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
saw a Graymane using the stealth roll escape and man, it was effective. Is that in a important talent tier or something, I never see people using it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's weird that I don't see like any Genji's in QP. I have seen a Nova like every single match though, I didn't realize how much I hated fighting her till recently.

Rhaknar

40k gold now, so I can get whatever 4 heroes I want, plus Li Ming sale next week thats 5 out of the missing 9.

Think if I was to get the 4 now it would probably be Medivh and Genji, both lvl 1 so it would give more boxes so more chances for the others to drop technically (and I havent played them), Probius and Zul.

Leaving Lucio, Guldan, Valeera and Chogall left. I didnt like Guldan or Valeera when they were f2p so I can wait for sales or when I have gold again, I liked Lucio but im not really in a support mood these days, and Chogall I wont be able to quickmatch freely anyway so he will be last.

All this math I do with purchases lol. Rerolling boxes doesnt really appeal to me anymore, especailly once I have the full roster, ill take whatever skins or mounts that drop really. The only reason I dont get them now is as usual, "what if they are on sale next week, I wasted 10k gold".

that being said, I'm gonna get Medivh because I really want to play him #yolo

brian!

Medivh is def a character where i feel self-cast is mandatory, self-casting e is also really good if you are commiting to a duel against melee

This dude has been on a roll with content, here he is unpacking a lot of the common attitudes towards the na scene
https://trentesports.wordpress.com/2017/05/26/response-to-town-hall-heroes-na-professionalism/

Tldr is that he is positing that na players are ill-equipped, both structurally and as ppl, to handle pro lyfe. He points to the lack of sponsor interest and na open not being available for scrims due to being on a separate patch as examples and would like if the community would take part in building the scene by explicitly letting orgs know that theyll drop money on them instead of just relentlessly memeing (lol good luck)

I prtty much never agree with this guy on stuff but his articles are good

Ketch

I feel this way about fan for old gfe, on paper him learning warrior would have improved his game a lot since he plays a pretty selfish style, but yeah if they pick up a real warrior in caff it's redundant. It would have opened equinox and khroen to play roles they were comfortable with too

Yea true. But fan is actually good

Shit milly, now just get in the podcast. And then invite me and alur. Then we kick Kyle and garret shamtoo style. Then we rebrand to mystic 9.

I like playing him. He's fun. My issue is getting people to use your portals is next to impossible. I even had to remind my friends in comm they could use my portals to escape Zarya's ult. He's not someone we are really used to playing with so I'll forgive them. (we are casuals)

Mupod

40k gold now, so I can get whatever 4 heroes I want, plus Li Ming sale next week thats 5 out of the missing 9.

Think if I was to get the 4 now it would probably be Medivh and Genji, both lvl 1 so it would give more boxes so more chances for the others to drop technically (and I havent played them), Probius and Zul.

Leaving Lucio, Guldan, Valeera and Chogall left. I didnt like Guldan or Valeera when they were f2p so I can wait for sales or when I have gold again, I liked Lucio but im not really in a support mood these days, and Chogall I wont be able to quickmatch freely anyway so he will be last.

All this math I do with purchases lol. Rerolling boxes doesnt really appeal to me anymore, especailly once I have the full roster, ill take whatever skins or mounts that drop really. The only reason I dont get them now is as usual, "what if they are on sale next week, I wasted 10k gold".

my solution to deciding when to use gold is to get really fucking drunk, and the decisions make themselves.

I always queue with one friend but he is vehemently opposed to cho'gall because he thinks he sucks. It's funny because we were totally willing to play a two-headed ogre after that one April Fool's in WoW.

brian!

Yea true. But fan is actually good

Shit milly, now just get in the podcast. And then invite me and alur. Then we kick Kyle and garret shamtoo style. Then we rebrand to mystic 9.

Zuna's pretty good, bakery was saying he's prob top 3 west player and itd show more on a diff team

Eyeh4wk

Isn't it weird that announcer voices are more rare than heroes?

I'm level 196 and got about 10 heroes but only one announcer.

Rhaknar

Legendary... and its some sort of red horse with fire hoofs. Imokwiththat.jpg

Rhaknar

fuck Master's Touch :(

I cant stay alive to finish it

brian!

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Iunno i get why ppl would think he's bad

Also reportedly nvt has been scrimming without kenma (tho he will be playing with them in crucible), so it seems likely that it'll be the old squad plus a new support. Prtty risky considering bkid's performance but it's also possible that they decided ken was the one fucking him up

Ketch

fuck Master's Touch :(

I cant stay alive to finish it

The other talent is pretty good way to practice till you get good.

Not as much damage overall, but it comes online immediately and it's more consistent. Infinitely better if you just can't not die.

Rhaknar

Medivh is making me sad fam :(

Not in a "I wasted my gold" kind of way mind you, just in a "I want to die alone in a abandoned shed after every game" kind of way.

Dahbomb

Raynor was a mistake, im sad they used his character this way, lots of potential for a rework
He should have been on a Vulture and had a movement bonus like Falstad. Have him throw out concussion grenades and lay mines.

We already have another Terran marine in the game with Tychus, seems lame that they put in two gun shooting space marines.

scoobs

Raynor would be fine if they gave him something fun to do other than auto attack. His talent tree is an embarrassment, much like Thrall, he is WAY overdue for a rework.

Christ his W ability is a slight AA boost, and his E isn't even an ability. Such a terrible design.

Ketch

Yea raynor could totally use a rework again.

He's got so many bad/lame/generic talents and he's completely overshadowed by zuljin.

Alavard

Raynor was a mistake, im sad they used his character this way, lots of potential for a rework

I suppose they could do something like introducing more special active abilities on his talents, so you could stick to the basic Raynor if you're a new player, or flex him a little as a piano-key Raynor for more play-making abilities. Hard to balance, but possible.

Since Raynor is based on a normal Marine unit there is little Blizzard can do to him, I mean the designers split the Stimpack ability into his W and E.

Unless they decide to transform Raynor into a complete new hero unit as a Vulture driver

Top Bottom