• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hershey's to battle Nutella for chocolate spread supremecy

Status
Not open for further replies.

J4g3r

Sun-Pat have recently done something like this too. (UK brand only? Not sure.)

sunpat%2Bchoc-a-nut%2Bpeanut%2Bchocolate%2Bspread.tif

It's like a spreadable Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, dangerous stuff.

jstripes

Banned
I can picture the Hershey's version selling better because Americans love low-quality chocolate.

But really? Nutella is a new thing in the US? We've had it as long as I can remember in Canada.

Kimosabae

Banned
Screw Nutella. Screw Reeses (okay not really but this is quite good and potentially less fattening).

NF900332S.jpg

and

0003377610035-500x500.jpg

In a spoon. Thank me later.

DanteFox

Yeah I've been seeing nutella commercials on tv recently. I guess this is Hershey's attempt to get in on this emerging flavor market lol.

I'd love to try the peanut version. Nutella needs to be elevated by our glorious peanut butter innovations.

Hersey's should just market their crap directly to people with Pica and call it a day, cause no sane person is gonna choose their inedible, waxy filth over Nutella.

Elija2

Why didn't Hershey's join the battle sooner when Nutella was apparently not as popular in the US? It's always been popular here in Canada and I assume many other places so you'd think they would have thought of it sooner? Now that Nutella has spread (pun intended) to the US they've got tough competition.

Cookie Butter is where it is at

Cookie butter, peanut butter, and nutella sandwich. Fried and topped with powdered sugar, with a side of berries and strawberries, and a cold, glass of milk. Don't tell me it's not healthy. We're talking, fruits, fiber and calcium here.

is it a big deal because Hershey's is doing this? JIF (pronounced JIF) aleady has a Nutella competitor.

I'd say it's more that they have the audacity to even try this considering how craptacular Hersey's is and how god-tier Nutella is.

Tuvoc

Nutella is old news.

Biscoff%2Bvs%2BSpec.jpg

This. Oh God this! I can't even keep a jar in my house anymore. Because if I do, I'll eat the entire thing by myself in 2 days or less. Not joke. It's happened 3 times already. Once I run out of things to put it on I just shovel it into my mouth with a spoon!

terrisus

Need a White Chocolate spread.
White Chocolate is best chocolate.

Come at me, you "white chocolate isn't real chocolate" people

terrisus

Also, on the topic of spreads - I've always found Hazelnuts gross. Why does it always end up in so many spreads?

Spinluck

i subbed to this thread since it turned to a war of the spreads.

gonna try some of these. geez, you guys can't even recommend some good bread to try it with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom