• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CA: Civil War interview. Black Panther's motivations. Detailed description of climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Was this new image posted?

4U0qkZM.jpg

And description of a new scene:

Source: EW

Tony looking like Ross here is a great wardrobe choice.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Crossbones alive? Dude was in a collapsing building, come on. Stop with this shit.

Other than that: give it to me! Sounds very good and Tony is an asshole. What were the consequences of his actions? He played the funnyman in court this one time. #teamCap

I don't really have to much of a problem being able to handle Ant-man. She is more than likely a better hand to hand fighter then him seeing that she has been training her whole like while he has only had a couple of months of fighting experience (given that him and Hope continued training). But I'm sure widow can't do more than just hold of Ant-man seeing that he can just shrink and get away.

Why is Crossbones alive? Dude was in a collapsing building, come on. Stop with this shit.

Virtually every people that's been in a comic ever has survived having a building fall on them, it's not really something to be surprised by. Besides you can see him getting medical attention right after the building falling in Winter Soldier. He was even still alive (and pretty messed up) when you see him get wheeled away.

foxtrot3d

Banned
They say grey area but it's like how Aliens vs Predator was a grey area, it's clearly Cap's team in the right.

I know fuck all about the comic books or what "Civil War" is about but is it just that super heroes have to be registered with the government? Why would that be considered a bad thing or even something morally grey? Yes, I do think that the man that can shoot laser beams out of his hands should be accountable to the people.

diaspora

I know fuck all about the comic books or what "Civil War" is about but is it just that super heroes have to be registered with the government? Why would that be considered a bad thing or even something morally grey? Yes, I do think that the man that can shoot laser beams out of his hands should be accountable to the people.

This is how Civil War in the comics started, then it went off the rails when Tony started recruiting supervillains to catch/cripple people with powers who refused to register and imprisoned them for life in a extradimensional prison. A good moment of this is when Tony's crew opened fire on Luke Cage for chilling on his couch without being registered.

edit: Maybe Tony would have gotten more latitude by mandating that everyone with superpowers ought to carry insurance instead of government licensing/control lol

Dalek

This is how Civil War in the comics started, then it went off the rails when Tony started recruiting supervillains to catch/cripple people with powers who refused to register and imprisoned them for life in a extradimensional prison. A good moment of this is when Tony's crew opened fire on Luke Cage for chilling on his couch without being registered.

And then Luke fucked them up.

UGdTre1.jpg

7hDxx2c.jpg

2VSCbo1.png

Dai101

Banned

Because then you're the government lapdog and that could lead to work in their most shady deals. Cap ain't gonna be no ones bitch.

SpaceWolf

Banned
In this film, the new Avengers — seen assembling at the end of Age of Ultron — take on an old enemy: Frank Grillo’s Crossbones, last spotted getting a building dropped on his skull in 2013’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier!

Winter Solider came out in 2014, person who is supposed to be writing for Entertainment Weekly.

Iron Man and Cap have always had their differences, starting in 2011’s The Avengers when Evans’ Steve Rogers called Tony Stark a “big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, and what are you?”

The Avengers came out in 2012, person who is supposed to be writing for Entertainment Weekly. And the line was "take that away".

Captain America >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Superman

Cap knows how to smell corruption, and lust for power that politicians and generals can skew to. Cap see through all the bullshit and makes Cap awesome. Cap is intelligent and righteous

Superman, is dumb ass. Supes won't question authority, he is a yes man who follows the will of corrupt politicians and power hungry generals

Dai101

Banned

Cap knows how to smell corruption, and lust for power that politicians and generals can skew to. Cap see through all the bullshit and makes Cap awesome. Cap is intelligent and righteous

Superman, is dumb ass. Supes won't question authority, he is a yes man who follows the will of corrupt politicians and power hungry generals

Slowclap.gif

kswiston

Maybe its just me, but every promo I see for this film makes it look like Bucky put on 20-30 pounds since the Winter soldier.

foxtrot3d

Banned

edit: Maybe Tony would have gotten more latitude by mandating that everyone with superpowers ought to carry insurance instead of government licensing/control lol

Well, that sounds super contrived but then again it's a comic book.

Because then you're the government lapdog and that could lead to work in their most shady deals. Cap ain't gonna be no ones bitch.

Says the WWII soldier who volunteered to be a part of a super secret government super soldier program.

Says the WWII soldier who volunteered to be a part of a super secret government super soldier program.

Cap is a bit of a hypocrite, but it's also true that he wouldn't have been who he is recognized as now if he hadn't gone against direct government orders and kept being a promotion tool for war bonds.

You know what would be awesome?

Iron Man: It's their world, and they won't stand for you anymore. If it's not me it'll just be someone else.

Cap: Really? Who do they send... after you?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Maybe its just me, but every promo I see for this film makes it look like Bucky put on 20-30 pounds since the Winter soldier.

Think of all the cool shit Bucky missed out on while being frozen. I imagine he went into a store and picked up every variation of Oreo there is. Cut a man some slack.

Violet_0

Banned
gotta say I don't really see the moral grey area when Team Stark is clearly being written as the bad guys. Government bad, corrupt versus superhero vigilantes that believe in justice and freedom and also America. And we know how much America loves more government control in anything. It's X-Men all over again. Never mind that this whole arc kinda resembles an allegory of the ongoing gun control debate, maybe that's just me

there's merit in the idea that the superheroes should be held accountable for their actions, but let's be real, it's just so much easier to let the audience root for the idealistic underdogs, who are clearly on the right side because they believe in justice and freedom and also America. I don't have any hope that Disney trusts their movie goers to comprehend a more nuanced, ambiguous narrative

I mean, I could see Stark winning the Civil War, The Empire Strikes Back style, but only by selling it as a "the bad guys won, this time" shocker ending

Dalek

gotta sat I don't really see the moral grey area when Team Stark is clearly being written as the bad guys. Government bad, corrupt versus superhero vigilantes that believe in justice and freedom and also America. And we know how much America loves more government control in anything. It's X-Men all over again. Never mind that this whole arc kinda resembles an allegory of the ongoing gun control debate, maybe that's just me

there's merit in the idea that the superheroes should be held accountable for their actions, but let's be real, it's just so much easier to let the audience root for the idealistic underdogs, who are clearly on the right side because they believe in justice and freedom and also America. I don't have any hope that Disney trusts their movie goers to comprehend a more nuanced, ambiguous narrative

I mean, I could see Stark winning the Civil War, The Empire Strikes Back style, but only by selling it as a "the bad guys won, this time" shocker ending

I honestly just think about how the story has been structured and also what is to come-and to me, it just seems like they will take a page out of the comics and have Steve "die" somehow at the end-and Tony will be consumed with guilt-and then have some kind of reconciliation moment with Bucky where Bucky takes the role. And then Steve will return for Infinity War. With Quicksilver.

1164255-captain_america_033_26.jpg

If I need a license and registration to drive a car, people with power armor and invincible shields and size-changing ability and green berserker alter-egos sure as shit should be licensed and registered.

Hitler
Red Skull
HYDRA
SHIELD

And the worst kind, politicians

"Cap do you mind going to this country to save some peeps from bad guys?"

Cap: Sure thing friend

*saves people and beats bad guys*

"Haha Cap psych fuck you, we actually wanted to use the orphans to like get oil"

Cap: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:

diaspora

If I need a license and registration to drive a car, people with power armor and invincible shields and size-changing ability and green berserker alter-egos sure as shit should be licensed and registered.

That's I think the key problem in the comics though. People object to having to register for simply having powers. This was the point of that Luke Cage moment I mentioned earlier- Tony had his house raided for hanging out on a sofa. Putting aside the morally questionable actions of putting people who object into a superprison in another dimension for life.

You can see Iron Man firing his repulsor beam at a pretty high power output around 3:08 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs

He's probably using about 1% of that with those weak repulsor shots against Cap and Bucky in the trailer. If he gave no fucks and went at them with full power, he'd definitely one-shot Bucky and would limit Cap to purely defensive tactics (I'm assuming since the shield could block Mjolnir it could also block a full-powered repulsor).

Blader

That's I think the key problem in the comics though. People object to having to register for simply having powers. This was the point of that Luke Cage moment I mentioned earlier- Tony had his house raided for hanging out on a sofa. Putting aside the morally questionable actions of putting people who object into a superprison in another dimension for life.

Millions of Americans object to having to register for owning guns. Cognitive dissonance is weird like that.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Well, speaking hypothetically I do think that people should have to register for simply having powers as well. Otherwise, how else could the government regulate and oversee a population of super beings if they don't even know some of them exist or what their powers are? Like, say you can turn invisible well if your not registered there is nothing stopping you from just walking into a bank and stealing all the money and since no one knows you exist no one can ever stop you unless you make a lot of noise.

When your born you get a Birth Certificate and a Social Security Number, I don't think it is that bad you must also declare whether or not you have the power to level a city.

Weapons are a choice no?

So is using your powers, for the most part.

diaspora

Well, speaking hypothetically I do think that people should have to register for simply having powers as well. Otherwise, how else could the government regulate and oversee a population of super beings if they don't even know some of them exist or what their powers are? Like, say you can turn invisible well if your not registered there is nothing stopping you from just walking into a bank and stealing all the money and since no one knows you exist no one can ever stop you unless you make a lot of noise.

When your born you get a Birth Certificate and a Social Security Number, I don't think it is that bad you must also declare whether or not you have the power to level a city.
Well, I mean, thermal imaging and junk. But it's not really objectionable to protest registration for a facet of one's being.
So is using your powers, for the most part.

Yes, but having them at all isn't a good enough reason to literally force someone to register.

Holy shit yeah a movie where Americans freak out and try actually to get political action tools used to orchestrate a mass murder makes no sense. That might actually be more unrealistic than aliens laying siege to New York.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Well, I mean, thermal imaging and junk. But it's not really objectionable to protest registration for a facet of one's being.

Yes, but having them at all isn't a good enough reason to literally force someone to register.

Again, you do basically have to register with government for simply existing as an ordinary human being i.e. birth certificate, SSN, etc. Adding another registry so that the people know what powers you have isn't that sinister. That said, the mandatory registration of all super powered people is the only questionable thing I find about this whole thing. People with powers that wish to be superheroes should have to register with the government and if they don't should be declared vigilantes and possibly detained.

diaspora

Again, you do basically have to register with government for simply existing as an ordinary human being i.e. birth certificate, SSN, etc. Adding another registry so that the people know what powers you have isn't that sinister. That said, the mandatory registration of all super powered people is the only questionable thing I find about this whole thing. People with powers that wish to be superheroes should have to register with the government and if they don't should be declared vigilantes and possibly detained.

Nobody sends raids after people who "forgoes" or removes any of their documentation. Objecting to forcing people to register over their skin hardness or the amount they bench is not unreasonable. Saying that you had to have a license or registration to be an active hero yeah, nobody would say no to that.

edit: Not everything is lasers and hulk-smash. People now don't have to register their physical attributes like strength, race, weight, identified gender, bone density with the government. Jessica can out-bench athletes, Luke has tough skin, and Murdock has hella good hearing.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Nobody sends raids after people who "forgoes" or removes any of their documentation. Objecting to forcing people to register over their skin hardness or the amount they bench is not unreasonable. Saying that you had to have a license or registration to be an active hero yeah, nobody would say no to that.

edit: Not everything is lasers and hulk-smash. People now don't have to register their physical attributes like strength, race, weight, identified gender, bone density with the government. Jessica can out-bench athletes, Luke has tough skin, and Murdock has hella good hearing.

Well yeah, I'm not advocating raids here hence why I thought the whole comic example you gave me sounded super contrived. "Yup, dude just chillin on his couch watching Netflix. Take him out!" I also know next to nothing about Luke Cage besides the JJ show but did they all forget he has indestructible skin? Any who, the raid part is silly and everyone having to register their powers could be considered somewhat questionable but it is not the same as someone having to register simple physical attributes like their bench press limit. Jessica Jones looks like she can naturally kill people with a light punch, a normal person cannot do that no matter how much the press.

diaspora

Well yeah, I'm not advocating raids here hence why I thought the whole comic example you gave me sounded super contrived. "Yup, dude just chillin on his couch watching Netflix. Take him out!" I also know next to nothing about Luke Cage besides the JJ show but did they all forget he has indestructible skin? Any who, the raid part is silly and everyone having to register their powers could be considered somewhat questionable but it is not the same as someone having to register simple physical attributes like their bench press limit. Jessica Jones looks like she can naturally kill people with a light punch, a normal person cannot do that no matter how much the press.

Well. I mean, that's not true at all. It's possible for people of most ages to kill any random person on the street with a punch to the head.

Cerium

Updated the OP. It sounds like Martin Freeman is definitely playing Everett Ross, and Thunderbolt is Secretary of State now? Should've been Defense.

He kicked the shit out of him and gave himself up.

He won because Vision disabled Iron Man's armor. Obviously Cap kicks the shit out of a depowered Iron Man, just like Batman kicks the shit out of a depowered Superman without breaking a sweat.

Cap fighting Iron Man at full power has about a 0% chance of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom