• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

You can buy giftcards for a discount from places like Raise and then use them to buy plat through Gameforge. You usually can get a ~20% discount that way. If you go further and buy plat directly from a 3rd party source, you can get it for about 50% off.

Thanks. I really just want to buy an unused kickstarter code like a Pro or above, but can't find anyone with one.

Arveene

Neo Member
Is the latter part sanctioned? Am I going to get banned for doing that?

I've been enjoying the game thus far.The AI makes a lot of mistakes but it's still quite fun grinding the arena. I put $40 in mainly just buying and tweaking the starter decks then some packs which got me a promo legendary and a few other promos that got me most of my plat back on the auction house.

I'm mainly interested in pve so definitely looking forward to the future expansion with something more substantial.

There's always a chance they could, but it's unlikely. They want our collections to have value. If they're banning people for buying plat constantly, people might feel like they won't have a reliable way to cash out. There's definitely risk to it.

If you're looking for particular cards, I've gotten a response from support saying that buying cards on 3rd party sites is okay. Some 3rd party sellers will sell singles for cash, and usually at the same 50% plat rate. (ex. a 1000 plat card for $5)

There's always a chance they could, but it's unlikely. They want our collections to have value. If they're banning people for buying plat constantly, people might feel like they won't have a reliable way to cash out. There's definitely risk to it.

If you're looking for particular cards, I've gotten a response from support saying that buying cards on 3rd party sites is okay. Some 3rd party sellers will sell singles for cash, and usually at the same 50% plat rate. (ex. a 1000 plat card for $5)

Yeah the only place I can find with sellers is EpicNPC and can't ever sync up to buy stuff.

Shai-Tan

Banned
It doesn't seem like it's particularly popular but it's been my goto game for the past couple of months. I'm enjoying what it offers over MTG in card design.

I mainly like pve though (came from playing loads of Duels of the Planeswalkers since 2009, the card pool in Magic Duels Origins is terrible - it made it easy to migrate to this game instead) so I'm patiently waiting for the new content. Arena is surprisingly fun though despite the AI being bad (they have talked about a new AI here http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/30/hex-mmo-singleplayer-campaign-mode/ ) . My main problem with pvp is I can't make time to play an entire draft so I can only play sealed gauntlet which is asynchronous and it's not very popular (not always someone in that queue)

There are also a decent amount of streams on Twitch that I regularly watch and learn from.

dmcAxle

Neo Member
After PVE comes out, I think I might do a write up for a new thread. I'm a junior so someone else will have to post it. Something like those big OTs with lots of information. I have no shiny pictures however, so HEX images will have to do. I think the game would be worth having a new thread after the dungeon release. It should hopefully be something that you can proudly recommend to friends finally.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After PVE comes out, I think I might do a write up for a new thread. I'm a junior so someone else will have to post it. Something like those big OTs with lots of information. I have no shiny pictures however, so HEX images will have to do. I think the game would be worth having a new thread after the dungeon release. It should hopefully be something that you can proudly recommend to friends finally.

by the time that happens you won't be a Junior anymore

Smiley90

PVE is coming out next week.

Axle, i can post the OT i think. I've never posted a thread, I guess I would just copypasta whatever you make? What should the title of the new OT be?

I'll believe it when I see it

Yeah, delay pending lol

At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, I think a delay would kill the game. These guys have finally spun up their PR machine and they're apparently taking off the beta label with this release. If it gets delayed even a week it would evaporate any faith I had left (very little at this point) in the dev team, and I feel like others would think the same.

Ryuukan

I'll be doing an OT for campaign tomorrow but a new community thread would be great

edit: its up

Smiley90

Anyone tried the Campaign yet? Is it playable or a server/buggy mess?

edit: woops new thread

Top Bottom