• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hex: Shards of Fate MMOTCG - Closed Beta Thread

Shinjica

Last VIP tournament i got a really bad cards to build my deck. Lucky for us i sucured a 2 win / 2 lose and got the AA cards.

This card save my ass in my last match, my adversary was at 5 life points and only 4 cards to draw.

CannonVolley-318x445.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Army of Myth has the potential for some epic lulz, combine it with Crimson Clarity or splash green and BAM.

dmcAxle

Neo Member
Test server starts today at 1 PM EST until 1 PM EST Friday..then it will come back up again for a huge stress test tournament on Saturday.
https://www.hextcg.com/armies-of-myth-test-server-618/

They also announced these features for Set 3 Launch:
-----
Armies of Myth – The third set for HEX: Shards of Fate is available for testing! Choose from 20 new champions, and over 250 new cards for honor and glory! Packs and starter decks can be purchased in the in-game store.

New Wheels of Fate rewards for Armies of Myth – Roll your chests in Kismet’s Well to find the new Wheels of Fate rewards!

Chest Opening – Players will now be able to open their chests from Shards of Fate, Shattered Destiny, and Armies of Myth!

Extended Art – Zooming in on a card in the Card Manager will allow you to unlock a cards Extended Art! Cards that are unlocked can be toggled back and forth using the EA toggle in the upper right of the card.

Authenticator – Players will be able to attach a Google Authenticator to their account. More details to come.

Gauntlet tournaments – This new format of tournament allows a player to play sealed and constructed games on their schedule. When you win 5 games or lose 3 games (whichever comes first) your tournament is done and rewards are given based on your record.

Friends Challenge – Players can now directly challenge their friends through the friends interface in chat to a best-of-three-games match.
------

So summary of this patch additions is:
Sealed AND Constructed async, Authenticator Support, Top X Cut Tournaments, Set 3, Shift, Prophecy, Allegience, Multi-Threshold Cards, 21 New Champions (including Multi-Threshold Champions), Chest Opening, EA reveals for Gold/Stardust, Banes, Updated Login Screen, Updated Starter Trials and Rewards (+ 4 new ones), 4 New Starter Decks (Even for new accounts).

Rather than a set 3 launch thread we should create a new detailed OT once the official release is stable. I think HEX has enough content at this point that even without dungeons, new players should be able to enjoy it. Especially if the new tutorial is good. The "F2P factor" will depend on Extended Art demand..but I expect that to be quite high anyways. People should be able to enjoy the game without spending money too if we include good tutorials for an arena winning deck.

Aselith

Test server starts today at 1 PM EST until 1 PM EST Friday..then it will come back up again for a huge stress test tournament on Saturday.

They also announced these features for Set 3 Launch:
-----
Armies of Myth – The third set for HEX: Shards of Fate is available for testing! Choose from 20 new champions, and over 250 new cards for honor and glory! Packs and starter decks can be purchased in the in-game store.

New Wheels of Fate rewards for Armies of Myth – Roll your chests in Kismet’s Well to find the new Wheels of Fate rewards!

Chest Opening – Players will now be able to open their chests from Shards of Fate, Shattered Destiny, and Armies of Myth!

Extended Art – Zooming in on a card in the Card Manager will allow you to unlock a cards Extended Art! Cards that are unlocked can be toggled back and forth using the EA toggle in the upper right of the card.

Authenticator – Players will be able to attach a Google Authenticator to their account. More details to come.

Gauntlet tournaments – This new format of tournament allows a player to play sealed and constructed games on their schedule. When you win 5 games or lose 3 games (whichever comes first) your tournament is done and rewards are given based on your record.

Friends Challenge – Players can now directly challenge their friends through the friends interface in chat to a best-of-three-games match.
------

Sealed AND Constructed async, Authenticator Support, Top X Cut Tournaments, Set 3, Shift, Prophecy, Allegience, Multi-Threshold Cards, 21 New Champions (including Multi-Threshold Champions), Chest Opening, EA reveals for Gold/Stardust, Banes, Updated Login Screen, Updated Starter Trials and Rewards (+ 4 new ones), 4 New Starter Decks (Even for new accounts).

Rather than a set 3 launch thread we should create a new detailed OT once the official release is stable. I think HEX has enough content at this point that even without dungeons, new players should be able to enjoy it. Especially if the new tutorial is good. The "F2P factor" will depend on Extended Art demand..but I expect that to be quite high anyways. People should be able to enjoy the game without spending money too if we include good tutorials for an arena winning deck.

If they officially launch the game without F2P hooks in it, this game is going to die a quick death. They HAVE to get free stuff from PvE in the game or it's never going to gain any traction. The reason why F2P card games are doing so well is because they have F2P hooks to get people into them in the first place.

Kyuur

Thanks for posting this! Haven't played in a while as I'm paying for a ton of stuff (vacation, new home, vehicle) but I'm super excited to test a new patch! Downloading now.

Edit: Holy crap, this Spiderling Egg mechanic is crazy. They're going to need to optimize the hell out of this somehow or its going to crash the servers all the time.

Arachnomancer.png
Brood%20Baron.png

Anyone making the Set 3 thread and/or new OT?

Ryuukan

If they officially launch the game without F2P hooks in it, this game is going to die a quick death. They HAVE to get free stuff from PvE in the game or it's never going to gain any traction. The reason why F2P card games are doing so well is because they have F2P hooks to get people into them in the first place.

It is still very unfortunate that we are past 2 years from the KS and the key draw of the game, dungeons, are nothing but concept

dmcAxle

Neo Member
It is still very unfortunate that we are past 2 years from the KS and the key draw of the game, dungeons, are nothing but concept

I'm doubtful of that. It's probably pretty far in. The problem with these guys is they tell us nothing except small tidbits when Cory gets an interview. For example we knew nothing of the extra features in the patch until the test server.

Kyuur

Did anyone participate in the tournie on Saturday? I woke up a tad too late. Wondering if there are any impressions of Set 3.

Smiley90

Did anyone participate in the tournie on Saturday? I woke up a tad too late. Wondering if there are any impressions of Set 3.

You can play Set 3 on the test server even without the official tourney, just saying

Kyuur

You can play Set 3 on the test server even without the official tourney, just saying

Yeah, I got to play it for a few rounds while the server was up but didn't have a whole ton of time.

I don't really get the point of the Prophecy keyword. Seems to me Coyotle was already doing that type of effect before, unless I'm missing something.

blackflag

Just downloaded this. I heard about it a couple years ago then forgot about it. Seems just like magic for the most part but that's only after playing tutorial and starter stuff.

I'm digging it. I bought some platinum but I'm not going to use it until I understand what I'm doing.

I see that you can get packs cheaper on auction but then miss the small chance of the super pack.

Kyuur

Just downloaded this. I heard about it a couple years ago then forgot about it. Seems just like magic for the most part but that's only after playing tutorial and starter stuff.

I'm digging it. I bought some platinum but I'm not going to use it until I understand what I'm doing.

I see that you can get packs cheaper on auction but then miss the small chance of the super pack.

Yeah, it's very magic-esque with some mechanics that are more reasonable due to the digital format.

Primals don't come around very often so I've bought most of my packs off the AH. I generally only do drafting and sealed anyways, so not much point in me geting primals anyways (other than to possibly sell for more entry fees I guess).

I haven't loaded this thing up in forever given the development hell hole it has been in. Have they fixed the client enough so that things actually work now? I think I submitted more reimbursement tickets for tournaments than actually finished a tournament.

Ryuukan

I haven't loaded this thing up in forever given the development hell hole it has been in. Have they fixed the client enough so that things actually work now? I think I submitted more reimbursement tickets for tournaments than actually finished a tournament.

Tourneys are pretty stable but that could all go out the window with next week's release

Smiley90

I think Tuesday is gonna be a big day

Gauntlet coming, making it less time-intensive for tournaments at a time
CHEST OPENING
Set 3

That should be some good shit

Updated Starter Trials and Rewards (+ 4 new ones), 4 New Starter Decks (Even for new accounts).

I'm new to the game...just started yesterday. I've already played quite a bit of arena (finished it a few times, no perfect ones yet, though), and have spent $10 and drafted once (i won the draft!). So, I don't have a ton of cards, but i have a decent amount more than I started with originally.

What I'm wondering is whether I should hold off on playing at this point with this new patch coming soon? I picked the dwarf set as my starter deck, but I'm a bit bored with this artifact deck already, and am thinking I'd enjoy the gameplay of the humans or necrotic (is this one of the new starter deck options?) better than this. Should I hold off on spending more money in the game at this point, and maybe stop playing altogether because this is what I'd like to do? What would you guys recommend? Also, is it possible to trade the cards I have gained on this account to a different one after the patch releases?

Kyuur

What I'm wondering is whether I should hold off on playing at this point with this new patch coming soon?

Also, is it possible to trade the cards I have gained on this account to a different one after the patch releases?

It depends how you'll be playing. If you're like me and will draft a ton, you'll quickly find your starter deck cards mostly irrelevant. If you're mostly PVE, you may want to consider that if you're not enjoying the artifacts deck (they can become really cool with some new cards though!).

You can mail the cards you bought/earned to the new account but not the starter deck cards.

So, I reinstalled this just to see what the status of my terrible investment was, and the place was a ghost town. 1 person in tournament queue for ANY mode. No sealed queue had started all day from the look of it. At least competitive drafts were firing earlier in the day. I sat in a draft queue that got up to 7 people for a little bit, then people started to drop.

And you still have to choose to either sit in the tournament queue doing nothing else but sit there or drop? Christ.

My favorite thing was the proving grounds window, that randomly shakes left to right a few pixels every couple seconds.

Shinjica

So, I reinstalled this just to see what the status of my terrible investment was, and the place was a ghost town. 1 person in tournament queue for ANY mode. No sealed queue had started all day from the look of it. At least competitive drafts were firing earlier in the day. I sat in a draft queue that got up to 7 people for a little bit, then people started to drop.

And you still have to choose to either sit in the tournament queue doing nothing else but sit there or drop? Christ.

My favorite thing was the proving grounds window, that randomly shakes left to right a few pixels every couple seconds.

Strange, 90% of the tim i dont have problem finding people for tournament, where do you live?

Smiley90

Drew this guy in draft, wrecking all sorts of faces, especially with powers shifted onto it :lol

Syyn,%20Etherdrake%20Nomad.png

Finally think this game is getting to a spot where it's reasonably fun to play for me. The gauntlet addition is huge and being able to open chests, have Arena and be able to sell some (albeit rare) PvE stuff for decent amounts of plat is pretty cool.

I will say that the chest loot tables are straight poo-cheese. I'm tempted to not open any more in case they 'fix' them later down the line.

Aselith

Finally think this game is getting to a spot where it's reasonably fun to play for me. The gauntlet addition is huge and being able to open chests, have Arena and be able to sell some (albeit rare) PvE stuff for decent amounts of plat is pretty cool.

I will say that the chest loot tables are straight poo-cheese. I'm tempted to not open any more in case they 'fix' them later down the line.

I would hope they'd give players some kind of make good if they did that.

The game is much more responsive and is fun to play now! I was there at the beginning , but I stopped playing because of the bugs and everything was so slow. I'm glad i gave the game a second chance.

Arveene

Neo Member
What's this I read about getting plat for cheaper? Is it buying through 3rd party stores or what?

You can buy giftcards for a discount from places like Raise and then use them to buy plat through Gameforge. You usually can get a ~20% discount that way. If you go further and buy plat directly from a 3rd party source, you can get it for about 50% off.

Shai-Tan

Banned
You can buy giftcards for a discount from places like Raise and then use them to buy plat through Gameforge. You usually can get a ~20% discount that way. If you go further and buy plat directly from a 3rd party source, you can get it for about 50% off.

Is the latter part sanctioned? Am I going to get banned for doing that?

I've been enjoying the game thus far.The AI makes a lot of mistakes but it's still quite fun grinding the arena. I put $40 in mainly just buying and tweaking the starter decks then some packs which got me a promo legendary and a few other promos that got me most of my plat back on the auction house.

I'm mainly interested in pve so definitely looking forward to the future expansion with something more substantial.

Top Bottom