• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi guys, I'm a pirate with a hacked 360, and I bought an unauthorized 360 dev kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Alec (From Xbox 360 Homebrew Thread) said:
I bought a RROD-fixed Xenon JTAG preloaded with XBR3 a little while ago and never really had a chance to get my hands dirty with the cool stuff until now.
He does have a hacked 360....

scurrminator said:
that's not a dev kit, devkits are black/grey.
test kits are white.
Yes another reason for what I said a page ago, all the dev kits I have seen in photos are black like an elite or smoke grey, and they are longer overall with big storage HDD's so I threw in the whole jTAG speech.

Oh well OP has the problem of $750 down not me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SephirothRK said:
He didn't get the dev kit today :/

Yeah, last Friday is going by My Gamercard. He has 360 beta/NXE beta's that shouldn't be on anyone besides MS's team (or at least software developers like Cliffy)'s gamercard. I think the only one that is public is Major Nelson (who I think deleted it)

Minamu

If the OP gets banned, can I have his nick? :D Been using that the past 10+ years.

Anyway, thread made me look partnernet as well. Thanks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Diablohead said:
Yes another reason for what I said a page ago, all the dev kits I have seen in photos are black like an elite or smoke grey, and they are longer overall with big storage HDD's so I threw in the whole jTAG speech.

Oh well OP has the problem of $750 down not me.
Easiest way to tell if something's a dev/debug kit is the bigger HDD unit on top.

lupinko

mooooose said:
He does have a hacked 360....

untitled-2.png

TheSeks

lupinko said:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/Alec2DaBreen/untitled-2.png

Sonic fans, man. They have to play the latest shitty installment before anyone else can!

epmode said:
I'd have followed this advice in the future if it wasn't for the *sigh*. Now I won't.

Would it help if I said, "please?" </Commander Johnson>

QQ?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I love how he played the entire game offline until he had to go online to get his last achievement

mki1z8.jpg

And is No More Heroes even region-free?

TheSeks

Wario64 said:

From someone I know that actually lives in Japan, no. It doesn't even have English subtitles/menu and shit is in Japanese, so no go on importing unless you know Japanese... Well... the voice track is English [only, IIRC], anyway...

Wario64 said:
I love how he played the entire game offline until he had to go online to get his last achievement

http://i40.tinypic.com/mki1z8.jpg[IMG]

And is No More Heroes even region-free?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe it is. D:

MC Safety

duckroll said:
Hey, I have a question. On PartnerNet, do you have to pay to download any of the games?

No.

Although I don't understand something. I'm not sure there's a way to link a partnernet account to a regular Xbox Live account.

Can someone explain how the OP did this?

duckroll

TheSeks said:
From someone I know that actually lives in Japan, no. (And it doesn't even have English subtitles/menu and shit is in Japanese, so no go on importing unless you know Japanese... well... the voice track is English, anyway)

The voice track is not English. They specifically dubbed the game for the JP HD release. Unless the 360 one is dual language. I'm not sure.

Baki

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The OP used his ill begotten dev kit to play XBLA games early and free?

I, for one, am shocked.

Wait...dev kits let you play Arcade games early and free.

My mind has just been blown.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Wario64 said:

Nope, it's region locked. Checkmate?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Wow, detective gaf does it again. :lol
I also had to look for partnernet.

How is he going to explain all this shit.

He has not replied to this thread in a while :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheSeks said:
From someone I know that actually lives in Japan, no. (And it doesn't even have English subtitles/menu and shit is in Japanese, so no go on importing unless you know Japanese... well... the voice track is English, anyway)

Sage00 said:
Nope, it's region locked. Checkmate?

lol

mvgtxj.jpg

TheSeks

duckroll said:
The voice track is not English. They specifically dubbed the game for the JP HD release. Unless the 360 one is dual language. I'm not sure.

Ah, I just asked and he was like "No." Which is a shame as I was going to import the PS3 version but if it's totally in Japanese the game is lost to me. :(

TheSeks

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Super SF4 is out already? Man time flies.

Wasn't the DLC for costumes out on the XBLM? I ran across it getting Split/Second's demo earlier today.

Wario64 said:

This keeps getting better and better.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Super SF4 is out already? Man time flies.
might as well be. Release date has been broken at a lot of places.

comes out officially tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom