• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi guys, I'm a pirate with a hacked 360, and I bought an unauthorized 360 dev kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinest

Mmm title change. :lol

I hope it has a climatic end like no other- this thread is getting more twists and turns then the latest blockbuster movies.

Kholdstare

He's making all these great games and homebrew apps and all you guys can do is bitch. You're all just jealous that he's using his modded console to unlock the full power of the xbox 360.

panda21

man i can't wait to get home and play raystorm HD and neogeo coliseum. cos those games must be out now right?

i guess if not i could always buy a sweet ass 100% legit dev-kit like this one:
http://www.game-tuts.com/community/showthread.php/17161-Selling-Dev-Kit-(with-hdmi)

would totally be worth the money.

incidentally is that thing real ^^^^ cos in the photos the guy has comparing the 'dev' ('demo'?) to his retail 360, the only difference is a small piece of that plastic film stuff still over one button on the front. apart from that they are exactly the same :lol not sure what he was trying to prove there :lol

I have to say that I saw "Partnernet" and thought "wasn't the first rule of Partnernet: you don't talk about Partnernet?". Had no idea these were being 'sold' though. Doesn't MS still own these kits? (meaning you should be able to report a theft and so on)

lupinko

Kholdstare said:
He's making all these great games and homebrew apps and all you guys can do is bitch. You're all just jealous that he's using his modded console to unlock the full power of the xbox 360.

b968ba.jpg

Tek

I know him personally and have no idea why he would come here of all places to start a thread like this.

This Is NeoGaf Dude!

Alec said:
Hey guys, I help write for a tech blog and we recently got some exclusive, spoiler-free (and fairly negative) impressions of Sonic 4 from someone who has played through the entire PartnerNet release. The last thing I want to do is act like I'm only trying to push traffic to the site, but if you guys are interested in reading the article, I'll link it.
:lol :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20919815&postcount=11166
http://www.neverknowtech.com/home/2010/4/22/exclusive-first-impressions-of-sonic-4-episode-1.html

Alec said:
I don't have the means to apply to be an official developer and XNA Creators Club doesn't cut it.

I'm amazed at some of the responses. You think Xbox1 homebrew would've be anything like what it was if none of those people had official dev kits? Seems a little judgemental, especially because the vast majority of people with access to PartnerNet aren't doing anything wrong.

:lol

duckroll

You would think that a pirate would be smart enough to at least NOT put his gamer tag out in the open on a forum like this. :lol

Chris R

I knew this thread was going to be a great read. Just didn't expect the OP to get banned so fast :( The back peddling would have been epic.

LQX

Whoa, checking his profile it seems NeoGeo Battle Coliseum is coming to XBLA. Sweet.

Also are all those games free on partnernet?

operon

SmokyDave said:
Keep it quiet but I'm selling them out of the back of a white van behind the Off Topic Discussion forum. Meet me there in ten minutes and have a copy of World Cup Italia '90 on MegaDrive in your top pocket ;) ;)

I knew that would come in handy some day:lol

TheSeks said:
Ah, I just asked and he was like "No." Which is a shame as I was going to import the PS3 version but if it's totally in Japanese the game is lost to me. :(

The PS3 version has an English audio option, not sure about the 360 version.

rhfb said:
I knew this thread was going to be a great read. Just didn't expect the OP to get banned so fast :( The back peddling would have been epic.
By now I doubt he would have returned, damage was done with no way out, not even an idiot would defend such things :lol well...

mollipen

OldJadedGamer said:
When you go to add points, there is a built in credit card number that gives you unlimited points.

What, really?

I've played around with PartnerNet a few times (back when Play was still around and I got to screw around with one of the test 360s we had), and while a lot of the games on there were free, some weren't. I never knew about this particular option, and now I wish I had.

Tek

Gravijah said:
So are you saying you do the same thing? ;)

TommyT said:
CONSPIRATOR!

LOL, no...do not unleash the ban hammer hounds. I know him from a job we used to have together. I haven't seen him personally for a few years.

My xbox is 100% legit and my gamertag: Tekezy has all of its achievements earned honestly.

I did think...oh no...I prob going to get thrown in the same boat just because I said I knew him.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Clearly OP is super shady, but how is playing region-locked games damning? I play both Japan and US region games with the same GamerTag all the time, using two consoles.

(Incidentally the PS360 NMH does have dual voice tracks, but it's so criminally buggy and sloppy that it ain't even worth it.)

Aokage said:
Clearly OP is super shady, but how is playing region-locked games damning? I play both Japan and US region games with the same GamerTag all the time, using two consoles.

(Incidentally the PS360 NMH does have dual voice tracks, but it's so criminally buggy and sloppy that it ain't even worth it.)
Because it's region locked?

fernoca

Aokage said:

Because his gamertag shows him playing a game that hasn't even being released yet (Sonic 4)...and has all achievements.

Yet, "he just got the devkit"..

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
So the OP got a dev kit and used to it to talk about partnernet exclusives in his blog? Sucks for him.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Aokage said:

Oh the OP has 2 consoles alright...

mollipen

Diablohead said:
Because it's region locked?

Read what he wrote: two consoles (one US, one Japanese), one gamertag. Having games from multiple regions on the same gamertag alone means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom